Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what's this all about ? 23:49 - Dec 20 with 6744 viewswestside

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-international-liam-williams-c
what's this all about ? on 18:55 - Dec 21 with 1400 viewsjack247

Strange it made the news really, nobody knows who he is
what's this all about ? on 21:44 - Dec 21 with 1350 viewsChief

what's this all about ? on 09:46 - Dec 21 by Uxbridge

And a bit of a racist. You forgot that.

the opposite actually. its a compliment to Bony.

if he'd worn a swans kit and sported a pony tail and stubble last season he's have been playing Chico.is that racist?

that fact that he wouldn't have chosen to represent a swans player in fancy dress who was white on the basis of thrie skin colour is racist.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

what's this all about ? on 21:50 - Dec 21 with 1342 viewsLeonisGod

what's this all about ? on 18:27 - Dec 21 by jack247

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, he is a famous (depending on your point of view) Swans fan. I don't know the guy, but would lay a pretty heavy bet that he is not racist. Although people in the public eye probably need to show a bit more common sense. Should have just gone out dressed as Trundle, no one would have cared then.

That would have been Scousist presumably.
what's this all about ? on 21:55 - Dec 21 with 1335 viewsChief

the people pointing this out and making this a big issue are by definition racist!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

what's this all about ? on 22:03 - Dec 21 with 1322 viewsNaughty71

Never heard of him, couldn't name a single player in the Welsh team if my life depended on it. Zero interest in rugby.

Is the disbelief from the rugby supporters a warped imagining on their part that more people are interested in rugby than the reality?

Not dissing rugby in any way, each to their own, but I know plenty of people in the same boat as me, and we get strange facial gurnings off those who do follow the rugby. A sort of incredulous face that we don't know who they are talking about. Welsh rugby players really AREN'T well known outside of rugby circles.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

what's this all about ? on 22:51 - Dec 21 with 1302 viewsjack247

what's this all about ? on 22:03 - Dec 21 by Naughty71

Never heard of him, couldn't name a single player in the Welsh team if my life depended on it. Zero interest in rugby.

Is the disbelief from the rugby supporters a warped imagining on their part that more people are interested in rugby than the reality?

Not dissing rugby in any way, each to their own, but I know plenty of people in the same boat as me, and we get strange facial gurnings off those who do follow the rugby. A sort of incredulous face that we don't know who they are talking about. Welsh rugby players really AREN'T well known outside of rugby circles.

Surely it would not have made national news if people outside of rugby circles had no idea who he was?

Either way, whether people have heard of him or not, it's a storm in a teacup.
what's this all about ? on 22:58 - Dec 21 with 1293 viewsNaughty71

Agreed. There are far too many things that the modern world are just waiting to be outraged about.

" I've offended you? Well tough f@cking sh!t, deal with it, it's not gonna kill you ".

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

what's this all about ? on 23:09 - Dec 21 with 1281 viewsDewi1jack

what's this all about ? on 22:03 - Dec 21 by Naughty71

This exactly.
Those who want to watch egg chasers, feel free to do so.
I don't take any notice and care even less.
Don't assume just because I'm Welsh I must take note of who's who in Rugby Union

"Brynmill_Jack on 09:06 - Dec 21 with 812 views

He's a major celebrity in Llanelli."

I've been to Llanelli Bryn.
There's potholes that gain celebrity status there

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

what's this all about ? on 07:36 - Dec 22 with 1235 viewsjack247

what's this all about ? on 23:09 - Dec 21 by Dewi1jack

This exactly.
Those who want to watch egg chasers, feel free to do so.
I don't take any notice and care even less.
Don't assume just because I'm Welsh I must take note of who's who in Rugby Union

"Brynmill_Jack on 09:06 - Dec 21 with 812 views

He's a major celebrity in Llanelli."

I've been to Llanelli Bryn.
There's potholes that gain celebrity status there

Fair enough, but don't assume that someone isn't famous just because you haven't heard of him
what's this all about ? on 08:01 - Dec 22 with 1225 viewsjackforever

Always amazes me how people can love one sport and have no interest in another similar sport. Me I love all sport but then there are people on here who seem to enjoy x factor and wrestling. Strange world.
As for liam williams, thankfully hes from a generation that has no idea why what he did is racist. Lets hope this continues in the future because imo to have true equality this cant be seen as racist just a bit of fun as it would be if he browned his skin or bony had whitened his skin or alan wyn jones stuck a latex skull cap on and pretented to be shelvey
what's this all about ? on 08:32 - Dec 22 with 1215 viewsApeShit

what's this all about ? on 18:27 - Dec 21 by jack247

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, he is a famous (depending on your point of view) Swans fan. I don't know the guy, but would lay a pretty heavy bet that he is not racist. Although people in the public eye probably need to show a bit more common sense. Should have just gone out dressed as Trundle, no one would have cared then.

How is he famous if most people have never heard of him? And why is bothering you so much?
what's this all about ? on 08:42 - Dec 22 with 1211 viewsOldjack

quote :Weyman Bennett at Unite Against Fascism claimed it was “absolutely not appropriate.”

could someone explain to a thicko HOW THE FUK IS THIS DEEMED TO BE RACIST in any way shape or form ?
ffs the worlds gone mad

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

what's this all about ? on 09:06 - Dec 22 with 1196 viewsjack247

what's this all about ? on 08:32 - Dec 22 by ApeShit

How is he famous if most people have never heard of him? And why is bothering you so much?

How do you know most people have never heard of him?
what's this all about ? on 09:14 - Dec 22 with 1187 viewsdailew

what's this all about ? on 07:36 - Dec 22 by jack247

Fair enough, but don't assume that someone isn't famous just because you haven't heard of him

Plenty of other people (including myself) have never heard of him.

Don't assume that someone is famous just because you've heard of them.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

what's this all about ? on 09:14 - Dec 22 with 1185 viewsNeath_Jack

what's this all about ? on 09:06 - Dec 22 by jack247

How do you know most people have never heard of him?

They've heard of him, unless they are hermits who live in caves with no electricity.

Most will have jobs, where, as in all workplaces, people talk about sport, most sports. I don't like cricket, not one little bit, but i could name quite a few current cricketers. Eastenders, cooking programs, xfactor, they all get talked about, you can't help to be in peoples company who talk about these things. News, newspapers, forums, radio etc etc etc. Wales isn't a big place, there aren't that many international sports people in the area.

One or two (strange people) will no doubt have not heard of him, but the rest are football snobs pretending they haven't heard of him or any of the other players.

Suck my aching stump the lot of you.

Merry Christmas x

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

what's this all about ? on 09:20 - Dec 22 with 1136 viewsjack247

what's this all about ? on 09:14 - Dec 22 by dailew

Plenty of other people (including myself) have never heard of him.

Don't assume that someone is famous just because you've heard of them.

I'm not assuming he is famous just because I have heard of him Dai. That would make my grandparents and my next door neighbours famous.

I am assuming he is famous, because he plays internationally for Wales in their biggest sport outside of football. I am assuming he is famous because his blacking up made the news. Do you think the press would have run a story had you or I done it?

I don't know who won the X factor and couldn't pick a lot of Hollywood A-listers out of a lineup. That doesn't mean they aren't famous.
what's this all about ? on 09:35 - Dec 22 with 1115 viewsdailew

what's this all about ? on 09:20 - Dec 22 by jack247

I'm not assuming he is famous just because I have heard of him Dai. That would make my grandparents and my next door neighbours famous.

I am assuming he is famous, because he plays internationally for Wales in their biggest sport outside of football. I am assuming he is famous because his blacking up made the news. Do you think the press would have run a story had you or I done it?

I don't know who won the X factor and couldn't pick a lot of Hollywood A-listers out of a lineup. That doesn't mean they aren't famous.

Just because he plays rugby for Wales doesn't make him famous.

Same thing would have happened if a Wales football international had done it. Wouldn't call any of them famous apart from Bale or Ramsay.

what's this all about ? on 09:40 - Dec 22 with 1106 viewsParlay

Well I just asked my Dad, two brothers and fiancée if they had heard of this guy and nobody has. I also asked if they thought it was racist... nobody did.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

what's this all about ? on 09:42 - Dec 22 with 1102 viewsjack247

what's this all about ? on 09:35 - Dec 22 by dailew

Just because he plays rugby for Wales doesn't make him famous.

Same thing would have happened if a Wales football international had done it. Wouldn't call any of them famous apart from Bale or Ramsay.

Stick to down arrowing Dai
what's this all about ? on 09:51 - Dec 22 with 1085 viewsdailew

what's this all about ? on 09:42 - Dec 22 by jack247

Stick to down arrowing Dai

And you stick to your little fantasy world where all Welsh rugby internationals are famous.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 9:52]

what's this all about ? on 09:56 - Dec 22 with 1071 viewsperchrockjack

Rugby Union is seen as a threat to football, one that has too much media coverage in Wales and one that was rammed down kids to play at school. They were bullied into playing it.
The term egg chasing is the single most unfunny ,pitiful epithet to use ;if that's the best we can do, stick to Chapel music and RS Stephens.

Rugby LEAGUE is NOT seen in the same light apart from Union zealots who see/saw that as a threat to their code.

Poor show all round

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

what's this all about ? on 10:02 - Dec 22 with 1060 viewsperchrockjack

I can see both sides of this.

I doubt Williams is racist just young and thick not being aware that we live in strange times when offence can either be seen when there is none or where there is obvious offence but not ..

It is dense of him not to think before of how it might be perceived but sadly many young people are that shallow, naïve and immature that they cannot see the obvious..

Blacking up, right or wrong is an obvious faux pas, like it or not.

I used to get all annoyed about the term "welshing" on a deal which to me is utterly offensive and worthy of a good kick in the teeth

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

what's this all about ? on 10:05 - Dec 22 with 1059 viewsPonderosa

what's this all about ? on 09:14 - Dec 22 by Neath_Jack

They've heard of him, unless they are hermits who live in caves with no electricity.

Most will have jobs, where, as in all workplaces, people talk about sport, most sports. I don't like cricket, not one little bit, but i could name quite a few current cricketers. Eastenders, cooking programs, xfactor, they all get talked about, you can't help to be in peoples company who talk about these things. News, newspapers, forums, radio etc etc etc. Wales isn't a big place, there aren't that many international sports people in the area.

One or two (strange people) will no doubt have not heard of him, but the rest are football snobs pretending they haven't heard of him or any of the other players.

Suck my aching stump the lot of you.

Merry Christmas x

That post is a thing of beauty

Bring The Missus

what's this all about ? on 10:06 - Dec 22 with 1058 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Show your support all turn up in Bony shirts on Saturday for the Ospreys V Scarlets!!!!!

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

what's this all about ? on 10:11 - Dec 22 with 1051 viewsOldjack

what's this all about ? on 10:06 - Dec 22 by felixstowe_jack

Show your support all turn up in Bony shirts on Saturday for the Ospreys V Scarlets!!!!!

you forgot the boot polish

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024