Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Blacking Up" as Bony 09:44 - Dec 21 with 13968 viewsNeath_Jack

Fill yer boots.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-international-liam-williams-c

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

(No subject) on 15:37 - Dec 21 with 1786 viewsJJJack

(No subject) on 13:12 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

There are no circumstances in which "blacking up" is acceptable in 2014, regardless of what motivates you.

There, I said it. Bloody lefties etc.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 13:15]

Seriously Andrew stop telling people how to behave/think. You're seeing "offences" that simply aren't there IMO.
(No subject) on 15:40 - Dec 21 with 1772 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) on 15:37 - Dec 21 by JJJack

Seriously Andrew stop telling people how to behave/think. You're seeing "offences" that simply aren't there IMO.

Seriously, Jason, stop telling me how to behave/think. You're seeing "offences" that simply aren't there IMO, given that I said quite clearly in this very thread that I personally don't find this offensive.

It's funny how all the moral outrage about this is from the "anti-PC I calls a spade a spade me and some of my best friends are etc" cliche-ridden Alf Garnett wannabes.

Poll: Tory leader

(No subject) on 15:41 - Dec 21 with 1763 viewsLohengrin

(No subject) on 15:40 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Seriously, Jason, stop telling me how to behave/think. You're seeing "offences" that simply aren't there IMO, given that I said quite clearly in this very thread that I personally don't find this offensive.

It's funny how all the moral outrage about this is from the "anti-PC I calls a spade a spade me and some of my best friends are etc" cliche-ridden Alf Garnett wannabes.

I haven't seem much in the way of that, Clase.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

(No subject) on 15:46 - Dec 21 with 1746 viewsJJJack

(No subject) on 15:40 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Well if that's what you want to label me (and you seem in a rush here to label people whether they like it or not) go ahead. It makes no difference to me because I'm aware of what I am. What I'm not doing is labelling you. I respect your opinion. I will never ever respect someone telling people their opinions are offensive when they plainly aren't. It's wrong.

Season's Greetings to you!
"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:48 - Dec 21 with 1741 viewsskippyjack

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:37 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

No, you're talking incomprehensible gibberish again.

How?.. it's not offensive in the slightest.. it's your interpretation of it.. it's how you perceive it.. it's how you find it offensive.. you're picking holes in a subject that's clearly not intended to be racist.. you have a warped view of racism.. you cannot be objective or have a different outlook.. it's clear as day what Liam Williams intentions were..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:49 - Dec 21 with 1738 viewsJackfath

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:48 - Dec 21 by skippyjack

How?.. it's not offensive in the slightest.. it's your interpretation of it.. it's how you perceive it.. it's how you find it offensive.. you're picking holes in a subject that's clearly not intended to be racist.. you have a warped view of racism.. you cannot be objective or have a different outlook.. it's clear as day what Liam Williams intentions were..

How come his face his black but his hands aren't?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:50 - Dec 21 with 1738 viewsmonmouth

Anyone that knows Liam Williams would know that a) He's not racist and b) He's as thick as a concrete block (although, it must be said, quite bright for Waunarlwydd).

Whatever anyone's views on it, it was always going to end badly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

(No subject) on 15:50 - Dec 21 with 1737 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) on 15:46 - Dec 21 by JJJack

Well if that's what you want to label me (and you seem in a rush here to label people whether they like it or not) go ahead. It makes no difference to me because I'm aware of what I am. What I'm not doing is labelling you. I respect your opinion. I will never ever respect someone telling people their opinions are offensive when they plainly aren't. It's wrong.

Season's Greetings to you!

Well that's quite some change of tack given that you originally told me to stop doing something.

I don't find your opinions "offensive" that would be silly. As always with these things I find the whole rush to be anti-PC hugely amusing. We'll be banning Xmas next and calling it Winterval or something.

Fact is the use of blackface will be offensive to some. If anyone defending its use bothered to read up about its history they'd probably realise why. But of course no one wants to do that because you all want to go out of your way to prove how much you hate "Pee Cee" when in reality "Pee Cee" is nothing to do with it.

Sheeple.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Login to get fewer ads

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:52 - Dec 21 with 1729 viewsmonmouth

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:49 - Dec 21 by Jackfath

How come his face his black but his hands aren't?

He didn't want to go OTT

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:53 - Dec 21 with 1717 viewsScoobyWho

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:50 - Dec 21 by monmouth

Anyone that knows Liam Williams would know that a) He's not racist and b) He's as thick as a concrete block (although, it must be said, quite bright for Waunarlwydd).

Whatever anyone's views on it, it was always going to end badly.

Well, some would say monmouth he actually is a racist as a result of his actions.
Are there degrees of racism ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:54 - Dec 21 with 1711 viewsexiledclaseboy

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:48 - Dec 21 by skippyjack

Can you read, Skip? I'm assuming you can because you can clearly type. Go back and read my first post on this thread. The one where I said something about this fella not being the racist some will attempt to paint him as.

Go on, have a look.

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:57 - Dec 21 with 1695 viewsNeath_Jack

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 15:53 - Dec 21 by ScoobyWho

Well, some would say monmouth he actually is a racist as a result of his actions.
Are there degrees of racism ?

And i'd say that there would be a larger number that find it isn't racist (especially in south wales), and treat it for what it is, someone dressing up.
Opinions eh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

(No subject) on 16:02 - Dec 21 with 1676 viewsmonmouth

He could equally be someone that admires Wilfried Bony (by all accounts he's a big Swans fan). That same Wilfried Bony that is entirely comfortable in his own skin, a role model for kids, and more successful in earning than Williams could ever dream of. Does he have to be racist to do what he did then? Or just a bit thick?

edit. This is in answer to Belf/SW
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 16:02]

(No subject) on 16:02 - Dec 21 with 1672 viewsJJJack

(No subject) on 15:50 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Well that's quite some change of tack given that you originally told me to stop doing something.

I don't find your opinions "offensive" that would be silly. As always with these things I find the whole rush to be anti-PC hugely amusing. We'll be banning Xmas next and calling it Winterval or something.

Fact is the use of blackface will be offensive to some. If anyone defending its use bothered to read up about its history they'd probably realise why. But of course no one wants to do that because you all want to go out of your way to prove how much you hate "Pee Cee" when in reality "Pee Cee" is nothing to do with it.

Sheeple.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Mate, I tutor unemployed people in central Bristol . You can imagine the demographic. I do understand the blackface history. I'm not anti-PC as such and i didn't make any reference to it. I just didn't consider someone going to a Fancy Dress party dressed up as Bony to be making some sort of 1975 B&W Minstral show statement and I doubt many find it offensive. It wasn't as if he was just trying to look Black for the sake of it.....I could understand that being taken offensively.
"Blacking Up" as Bony on 16:04 - Dec 21 with 1650 viewsParlay

To move forward then you must let go of the past.

How can racism be abolished when there are so many clinging onto it. It was fancy dress and he went as Swansea's most famous player Wilfried Bony. Bony is black.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

(No subject) on 16:05 - Dec 21 with 1650 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) on 16:02 - Dec 21 by JJJack

Mate, I tutor unemployed people in central Bristol . You can imagine the demographic. I do understand the blackface history. I'm not anti-PC as such and i didn't make any reference to it. I just didn't consider someone going to a Fancy Dress party dressed up as Bony to be making some sort of 1975 B&W Minstral show statement and I doubt many find it offensive. It wasn't as if he was just trying to look Black for the sake of it.....I could understand that being taken offensively.

Nope neither do I. As I've said. All I've done is make a point about the use of blackface. It was a stupid thing to do. Simple as that really.

(No subject) on 16:05 - Dec 21 with 1646 viewsskippyjack

(No subject) on 13:12 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

There are no circumstances in which "blacking up" is acceptable in 2014, regardless of what motivates you.

There, I said it. Bloody lefties etc.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 13:15]

Well considering two black people in Bony and that Fijian think it's acceptable.. I'm kind of miffed about this.. are Bony and that Fijian 'thick'?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

(No subject) on 16:06 - Dec 21 with 1634 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) on 16:05 - Dec 21 by skippyjack

Well considering two black people in Bony and that Fijian think it's acceptable.. I'm kind of miffed about this.. are Bony and that Fijian 'thick'?

Don't know, Skip. Never met them. Though whether they think it's ok or not is of course entirely irrelevant to the point.

(No subject) on 16:08 - Dec 21 with 1621 viewsScoobyWho

(No subject) on 16:05 - Dec 21 by skippyjack

Boils down to the definition of what is racist.
Apparently.
' A racist incident is an incident where a person or persons perceives that incident to be racist'

I'm not sure you have to be black to endorse it or otherwise.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

(No subject) on 16:09 - Dec 21 with 1610 viewsskippyjack

(No subject) on 16:06 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Don't know, Skip. Never met them. Though whether they think it's ok or not is of course entirely irrelevant to the point.

Wow.. Wilfried Bony isn't in a position to tell somebody to dress up as well.. Wilfried Bony? Isn't that racist?

(No subject) on 16:10 - Dec 21 with 1604 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) on 16:09 - Dec 21 by skippyjack

Wow.. Wilfried Bony isn't in a position to tell somebody to dress up as well.. Wilfried Bony? Isn't that racist?

I genuinely have no idea what point you think you're making.

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 16:13 - Dec 21 with 1599 viewsJackfath

Liam Williams is skilled..assumptions once more..why not let me black up..I could it..Wilfried bony is also skilled..he cannot tell someone not to dress as him..racists all of you.. unskilled..give me a job..black me up sooty..wibble..

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

(No subject) on 16:22 - Dec 21 with 1567 viewsLohengrin

(No subject) on 16:05 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Nope neither do I. As I've said. All I've done is make a point about the use of blackface. It was a stupid thing to do. Simple as that really.

You've been going on about Blackface, Clase, but it's got nothing to do with Liam Williams dressing up as Wilf. It's a musical art form that's now something of a period piece and you'll seldom happen across it but C W Stoneking is out there, a performer of near genius with three critically acclaimed albums under his belt. A sound frozen is aspic.

[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 16:28]

(No subject) on 16:24 - Dec 21 with 1561 viewsLohengrin

(No subject) on 16:10 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

I genuinely have no idea what point you think you're making.

Sometimes it pays to have a pack of Anadin ready if you're planning to come on here.

"Blacking Up" as Bony on 16:28 - Dec 21 with 1533 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It was a decent effort fair play ,wondering if he had first prize?

What a load of nonsense .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024