Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet 11:25 - Dec 21 with 1469 viewsSwanzay

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/BREAKING-Emergency-services-attending-co
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 13:53 - Dec 21 with 1375 viewsdickythorpe

Wafer is a kind of silicon I'm led to believe. Is it dangerous when on fire?
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 14:12 - Dec 21 with 1347 viewsicecoldjack

I thought "wafer" was a kind of mint, as seen in Monty python classic meaning of life, restaurant scene .
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 14:49 - Dec 21 with 1317 viewsdickythorpe

Many people go a wafer Christmas, not me i stay at home.
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 16:39 - Dec 21 with 1255 viewsRancid

I used to work there.Hated the job.It's like a laboratory where you're covered head to toe in protective clothing and the only thing you see in a person is their eyes.Bit like a burka but in white.And if you're a smoker it's the worst place to work.That place runs 24 hours with 2 x 12 hr shifts so hopefully everyone is ok and as Dicky said those silicone disks and a lot of other chemicals in there are highly dangerous and inflammable.
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 16:50 - Dec 21 with 1232 viewsdickythorpe

Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 16:39 - Dec 21 by Rancid

I used to work there.Hated the job.It's like a laboratory where you're covered head to toe in protective clothing and the only thing you see in a person is their eyes.Bit like a burka but in white.And if you're a smoker it's the worst place to work.That place runs 24 hours with 2 x 12 hr shifts so hopefully everyone is ok and as Dicky said those silicone disks and a lot of other chemicals in there are highly dangerous and inflammable.

Any idea how a fire could start?
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 17:13 - Dec 21 with 1217 viewsRancid

Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 16:50 - Dec 21 by dickythorpe

Any idea how a fire could start?

There's cleaning rooms with highly inflammable liquids in there so maybe something started in there.The smokers have to walk 100 yards away from the building so I don't think they could have started it.
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 18:40 - Dec 21 with 1157 viewsllareggub

i worked there for a little while shite job shite pay hope it burns to the ground .....
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 18:45 - Dec 21 with 1147 viewsdickythorpe

Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 18:40 - Dec 21 by llareggub

i worked there for a little while shite job shite pay hope it burns to the ground .....

Was the pay that bad? Surely you must have a high standard of qualifications to work in that chemical industry?
Login to get fewer ads

Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 20:31 - Dec 21 with 1073 viewsRancid

You had to work your way up to earn the decent bread.I never stayed there long enough to see it.Crap job for us fussy locals but ideal for Poles and Albanians.
Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 23:01 - Dec 21 with 1001 viewsSCB1985

im a sub contractor to them. we clean the outer shell of the building every 18 months or so. only did it 4 months ago awell. i wonder what state its in now, i imagine the fire was contained to one area, lucky its was a sunday where less people are working.

as for smokers, when i was there i was wondering why sombody i knew walked from the building loitering down the street. must be a strict smoking policy.

Poll: whats more important to you

Fire at Pure Wafer building in Llansamlet on 11:11 - Dec 22 with 878 viewsC_jack

Well that takes the biscuit.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024