Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that we are safe 20:05 - Dec 21 with 4848 viewscentrestandswan

for another season, what will it be like having nothing to worry about after Christmas ? Will we win the FA Cup or gain a Euro place, it would not be the Swans without some form of excitement to keep our season ticking over.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Now that we are safe on 20:07 - Dec 21 with 3731 viewsC_jack

Well it's March already, who would of thunk it.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Now that we are safe on 20:07 - Dec 21 with 3726 viewsAl_Bundy

We're not safe yet
Now that we are safe on 20:17 - Dec 21 with 3669 viewscentrestandswan

Now that we are safe on 20:07 - Dec 21 by Al_Bundy

We're not safe yet

If we fugg this up then we really should not be anywhere near a football pitch let alone in the Prem.

Now that we are safe on 20:25 - Dec 21 with 3622 viewsRancid

I was going to start a similar type of thread about us being safe but thought better of it.
Now that we are safe on 20:27 - Dec 21 with 3592 viewsunion_jack

Now that we are safe on 20:25 - Dec 21 by Rancid

I was going to start a similar type of thread about us being safe but thought better of it.

And quite rightly so!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Now that we are safe on 21:01 - Dec 21 with 3475 viewscentrestandswan

Now that we are safe on 20:25 - Dec 21 by Rancid

Coward

Now that we are safe on 21:36 - Dec 21 with 3381 viewsKilkennyjack

We need 5 more wins

Beware of the Risen People

Now that we are safe on 21:38 - Dec 21 with 3362 viewsShonky

There are fewer teams cut adrift this season. More teams are picking up points. I wouldn't be surprised if 40 points gets you relegated this season.

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

Now that we are safe on 21:46 - Dec 21 with 3326 viewsJBT95

As long as three teams below us loose every week don't worry about the table.
Now that we are safe on 21:46 - Dec 21 with 3325 viewsmonmouth

Now that we are safe on 21:38 - Dec 21 by Shonky

There are fewer teams cut adrift this season. More teams are picking up points. I wouldn't be surprised if 40 points gets you relegated this season.

You honestly think three from Leicester Burnley Palace and Hull are ALL going to get 40 points or more?? Not to mention WBA, QPR, Sunderland, Villa?

No chance in my view.

Anyway, there is not a chance in hell that we will be in a relegation fight this year The question is merely will we finish 8th 9th 11th or 12th..or maybe even 7th?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Now that we are safe on 22:10 - Dec 21 with 3259 viewsjacktar

Now that we are safe on 21:46 - Dec 21 by monmouth

You honestly think three from Leicester Burnley Palace and Hull are ALL going to get 40 points or more?? Not to mention WBA, QPR, Sunderland, Villa?

No chance in my view.

Anyway, there is not a chance in hell that we will be in a relegation fight this year The question is merely will we finish 8th 9th 11th or 12th..or maybe even 7th?

I agree, nice to think so but that won't be enough for some on here.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Now that we are safe on 22:14 - Dec 21 with 3234 viewsAl_Bundy

Think 35 - 38 points will keep any side up this season
Now that we are safe on 22:25 - Dec 21 with 3178 viewsSgorioFruit

Not sure about the rest of you but magic 40 is what I'm aiming for.
Then we can relax.
Well not relax but you get the picture.

Swans will win the FA Cup this season though mind you.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Now that we are safe on 23:42 - Dec 21 with 3081 viewsmonmouth

Here's a spooky stat though. Blackpool after 17 games had 25 points and were 8th.....then lost 7 of the next 8, only beating diverpool. Anyone superstitious? if so get down the bookies, 100-1?

Of course, Blackpool were sh1t with a defence out of the Martinez dossier philosophy playbook....and even then they still got 39 points. Looking back, they and Holloway were so unlucky, guffaw.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Now that we are safe on 23:47 - Dec 21 with 3071 viewsUxbridge

We're safe. I'm officially calling it if we win on Boxing Day.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Now that we are safe on 01:06 - Dec 22 with 2975 viewsJethroJack

So nice to hear we're already safe.

Obviously, Garry thinks so to...making 4 changes on top of the 3 injuries for the Hull game. It worked too.

Good call GM...keep the "best" side for Tranmere & subsequent cup games on the road to Wembley, put the stiffs in for the league games....'cos safety's already in the bag...FFS
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 1:08]
Now that we are safe on 01:35 - Dec 22 with 2943 viewsGlyn1

Now that we are safe on 21:36 - Dec 21 by Kilkennyjack

We need 5 more wins

No, we really don't. 40 points is what most people look at, but another way of looking at it is that you need ten wins to avoid relegation. I don't remember the last team to be relegated with that many.

So we need only three more wins. We could be safe by January.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Now that we are safe on 02:01 - Dec 22 with 2922 viewsGlyn1

Now that we are safe on 01:06 - Dec 22 by JethroJack

So nice to hear we're already safe.

Obviously, Garry thinks so to...making 4 changes on top of the 3 injuries for the Hull game. It worked too.

Good call GM...keep the "best" side for Tranmere & subsequent cup games on the road to Wembley, put the stiffs in for the league games....'cos safety's already in the bag...FFS
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 1:08]

JJ - I know that you're being sarcastic but I for one would totally support that strategy. Play our strongest side in all six games of the FA Cup and play weaker teams in the Premier League.

Apparently we are the only current Premier League team (plus Hull?) never to have been in an FA Cup Final so let's make that this season's priority. If it means that we drop down a couple of places and the directors get a smaller dividend then I could live with that, and to be fair the directors could live with it as well.

So the answer to the original question is that this is what we'll be arguing about from January up to May.

Now that we are safe on 02:13 - Dec 22 with 2906 viewshooplehead

Now that we are safe on 02:01 - Dec 22 by Glyn1

JJ - I know that you're being sarcastic but I for one would totally support that strategy. Play our strongest side in all six games of the FA Cup and play weaker teams in the Premier League.

Apparently we are the only current Premier League team (plus Hull?) never to have been in an FA Cup Final so let's make that this season's priority. If it means that we drop down a couple of places and the directors get a smaller dividend then I could live with that, and to be fair the directors could live with it as well.

So the answer to the original question is that this is what we'll be arguing about from January up to May.

Hull lost to Arsenal in the final 7 months ago like.
Now that we are safe on 02:35 - Dec 22 with 2895 viewsGlyn1

Now that we are safe on 02:13 - Dec 22 by hooplehead

Hull lost to Arsenal in the final 7 months ago like.

Sorry.

So it's just us then?

Now that we are safe on 02:42 - Dec 22 with 2893 viewsParlay

Id go for the FA Cup this year, absolutely.

If Europe is our goal then that is our best shot. Getting into the top 6 is going to be a terrific ask, especially with Bony and Ki out for a substantial amount of time.

With a bit of luck we may only have to beat a couple of Premier League sides to win the whole thing.

Will finishing 8th still be talked about in 50 years time? Maybe. But winning the FA Cup will create history.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Now that we are safe on 11:38 - Dec 22 with 2662 viewssherpajacob

FA Cup must be a priority, absolutely no excuse for not fielding the strongest possible team at Tranmere.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Now that we are safe on 11:53 - Dec 22 with 2632 viewssherpajacob

on the subject of are we safe? No, but the way we are playing we soon will be.

As 40 points from 38 games is the perceived wisdom, if you have more points than games played you are ok.

3rd and 4th from bottom, Burnley and Palace, have 15 points from 17 games, so are on target for about 34 points. so about 37/38 points should keep a team up this season

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Now that we are safe on 12:29 - Dec 22 with 2595 viewsPegojack

I expect GM and the directors will not think the same way, because staying in the Premier League is everything financially, but as far as I'm concerned, winning the FA Cup is my last goal as a Swans fan of fifty years.
I know we're never going to have the resources to win the Premier League, but the cup is a realistic ambition before I pop my clogs.
Now that we are safe on 12:31 - Dec 22 with 2586 viewsperchrockjack

IF LIKE ME and Hereford you were around in 64, you ll get the drift..
100% agreed brother

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024