Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new fan from Chesterfield. 22:52 - Dec 21 with 2015 viewsWxmJax

Began speaking to a father and his son before the game yesterday after I heard a North Midlands accent. The father said that it was their first Swans game. A couple of years ago the young teenager decided to support Swansea and his parents had bought him a Swans scarf for this Xmas. His dad saw that we were playing Hull this weekend and so they made the trip up from Chesterfield, complete with new Xmas present. Saw them again at half time and they were enjoying the game. I never asked their names but told them about this site.
So if you get to visit this board, Welcome (and ignore the England chant, it's just brainless banter).

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:34 - Dec 21 with 1897 viewsbuilthjack

We could soon be like Man Utd and have buses arriving at home games from all over the country!!!!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:41 - Dec 21 with 1872 viewsLeonisGod

Bizarre. Why not go and watch Chesterfield? They had a good win on Sat and are still in the FA Cup with a controversial replay against MK Dons. Interesting times for Chesterfield fans.

But at least they made a good choice of PL clubs
A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:43 - Dec 21 with 1864 viewsjacknblue

i was in turkey this year and a barman told me his favorite team was Swansea and that his plastic surgeon supported Swansea too. Apparently he had made a fortune out of them.
A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:57 - Dec 21 with 1832 viewsairedale

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:43 - Dec 21 by jacknblue

i was in turkey this year and a barman told me his favorite team was Swansea and that his plastic surgeon supported Swansea too. Apparently he had made a fortune out of them.

How do you know it was a bar man?
A new fan from Chesterfield. on 09:12 - Dec 22 with 1559 viewsswanskid95

My friend Jamie was at the game yesterday with me, and his group of friends were all from Chesterfield! About 6-7 of them on the row behind, nice lads, even joined in the English chants!
A new fan from Chesterfield. on 09:18 - Dec 22 with 1539 viewsLohengrin

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:43 - Dec 21 by jacknblue

The barman's plastic surgeon???

You hadn't strayed into a gay bar, had you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 09:41 - Dec 22 with 1487 viewsQuakerJack

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:34 - Dec 21 by builthjack

We could soon be like Man Utd and have buses arriving at home games from all over the country!!!!

Not if we don't hurry up and expand the stadium we won't.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 12:05 - Dec 22 with 1365 viewsWxmJax

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 23:41 - Dec 21 by LeonisGod

Bizarre. Why not go and watch Chesterfield? They had a good win on Sat and are still in the FA Cup with a controversial replay against MK Dons. Interesting times for Chesterfield fans.

But at least they made a good choice of PL clubs

Why is it bizarre ?

Login to get fewer ads

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 12:33 - Dec 22 with 1293 viewsperchrockjack

Would be hypocritical to dis this so I wont but...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 12:40 - Dec 22 with 1273 viewsLeonisGod

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 12:05 - Dec 22 by WxmJax

Why is it bizarre ?

They have a football team on their doorstep. Support your local team innit

But welcome anyway
A new fan from Chesterfield. on 16:43 - Dec 22 with 1106 viewsWxmJax

But this young man has used his brain to decide who he wants to support and not be swayed by others. He could have decided to follow Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool but no he chose us. I think it's great, bodes well for the future, otherwise we'll never expand.

Going on your point of view, people in the valleys should only support Cardiff (sorry Merthyr Jacks, you've got your own local team) and therefore we may as well forget about stadium expansion plans as we won't have enough locals to fill it. Out of interest what distance should be the limit that determines whether people support Swansea instead of their local team ? At Sunderland there were Scots from Edinburgh supporting us as well as people from Carlisle, not forgetting the Dutch at Anfield last season and quite a few from North West Wales at Stoke that I spoke with. I love it when I hear 'non' Swansea accents supporting us, it means that we are progressing. I've never understood why you HAVE to support your local team. The more we feature on Sky playing the football that we do then the more fans from around The UK and indeed The World we are going to pick up. Onward and upward.

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 16:49 - Dec 22 with 1093 viewsswanskid95

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 16:43 - Dec 22 by WxmJax

But this young man has used his brain to decide who he wants to support and not be swayed by others. He could have decided to follow Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool but no he chose us. I think it's great, bodes well for the future, otherwise we'll never expand.

Going on your point of view, people in the valleys should only support Cardiff (sorry Merthyr Jacks, you've got your own local team) and therefore we may as well forget about stadium expansion plans as we won't have enough locals to fill it. Out of interest what distance should be the limit that determines whether people support Swansea instead of their local team ? At Sunderland there were Scots from Edinburgh supporting us as well as people from Carlisle, not forgetting the Dutch at Anfield last season and quite a few from North West Wales at Stoke that I spoke with. I love it when I hear 'non' Swansea accents supporting us, it means that we are progressing. I've never understood why you HAVE to support your local team. The more we feature on Sky playing the football that we do then the more fans from around The UK and indeed The World we are going to pick up. Onward and upward.

I agree 100%, but only the fact if the fans stuck through us with the low points, not just the recent highs, I live in Lincolnshire, and as you can Imagine there is more United and Liverpool fans here than Boston or Lincoln, in fact, I don't know 10 Lincoln City fans, and I've been here a good 12 years.

Im all for supporting Swansea, no matter where you live, but there is a fair few plastics who only turn up for the big games.
A new fan from Chesterfield. on 17:00 - Dec 22 with 1068 viewsLeonisGod

A new fan from Chesterfield. on 16:43 - Dec 22 by WxmJax

I suppose you're right and it's good for the club. It's just i wouldn't suddenly decide to support a club half way across the country I had no affinity with. I'm different to a lot though I suspect as I collect clubs from all the places I've lived. I love watching footie at any level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024