Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances 10:36 - Dec 22 with 3444 viewsJackhero

With Brentford and AFC Bournemouth doing so well in the Championship there is a good chance they could both end up in the Premier league next season.
Both their grounds have small capacities. 12,300 and 12,000.
I wonder would either of these 2 clubs add additional seats as per Blackpool before their seasons kick off again next year. Would they need to?
It would make our situation look even more silly if they did and we still had done nothing.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Attendances on 11:08 - Dec 22 with 3368 viewsC_jack

Think Middlesbrough, Ipswich and Derby will come on stronger in the run in.

Would love to see Bournemouth do it though.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Attendances on 11:10 - Dec 22 with 3359 viewsLe_Swans

I saw an interview with the Bournemouth Chairman the other day and he stated that IF they did get promoted then they are able to add another 4 or 5 thousand to the stadium relatively easily and it would be done in time for the new season. He also said that they wouldn't expand any further than that as they feel that is about their maximum level of crowd they could expect for their area, he was also very cautious about teams that spend a lot expanding only to be relegated.
Attendances on 11:41 - Dec 22 with 3301 viewsQuakerJack

Attendances on 11:08 - Dec 22 by C_jack

Think Middlesbrough, Ipswich and Derby will come on stronger in the run in.

Would love to see Bournemouth do it though.

Yeah Mick McCarthy is a master of getting promoted from the championship (and then relegated back there the following season).

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Attendances on 16:05 - Dec 22 with 3091 viewsJBT95

There are only 5 grounds in the Championship smaller than our own. 11 of them can hold 30k plus.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 16:05]
Attendances on 16:24 - Dec 22 with 3052 viewsmonmouth

According to the guy that owns the Cardiff fudforum, one of those grounds had 7000-8000 less than the official attendance on Saturday, which would make 13000 - 14000 until half time and about 6000-7000 for the second half :)

All those seats and, who would have thunk it, not enough arses in Cardiff.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Attendances on 16:31 - Dec 22 with 3033 viewsswans11

What would happen with the no standing rule in premier league brentford still have a standing area that would reduce capacity even more?
Attendances on 16:39 - Dec 22 with 3016 viewsC_jack

Attendances on 16:31 - Dec 22 by swans11

What would happen with the no standing rule in premier league brentford still have a standing area that would reduce capacity even more?

There isn't an immediate no standing rule as such, any teams in the top two divisions with terracing have two seasons to sort out all seating arrangement, or so I believe.

Would be interesting.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Attendances on 16:48 - Dec 22 with 2997 viewswestside

haven't bournemouth turned their pitch around the other way to allow for stadium development
Login to get fewer ads

Attendances on 18:03 - Dec 22 with 2898 viewsAl_Bundy

Doubt whether Bournemouth Council would grant planning permission for an expansion .

Also doubt Bournemouth would risk expanding the Stadium anyway.
Attendances on 18:14 - Dec 22 with 2867 viewsKilkennyjack

The ground atBournemouth certainly has room to expand as it sits in a big park on 2 or even 3 sides. Yes be good to see them do it.

Beware of the Risen People

Attendances on 19:58 - Dec 22 with 2753 viewsreddythered

Attendances on 16:39 - Dec 22 by C_jack

There isn't an immediate no standing rule as such, any teams in the top two divisions with terracing have two seasons to sort out all seating arrangement, or so I believe.

Would be interesting.

Yeah, teams have to apply for an extension in the rule each season, from memory.

We were given extensions due to CCS plans being in place; otherwise we'd have been still at Ninian Park with vastly reduced attendance of around 10-12k.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Attendances on 20:14 - Dec 22 with 2735 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Attendances on 11:10 - Dec 22 by Le_Swans

I saw an interview with the Bournemouth Chairman the other day and he stated that IF they did get promoted then they are able to add another 4 or 5 thousand to the stadium relatively easily and it would be done in time for the new season. He also said that they wouldn't expand any further than that as they feel that is about their maximum level of crowd they could expect for their area, he was also very cautious about teams that spend a lot expanding only to be relegated.

that sounds very familiar

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Attendances on 20:16 - Dec 22 with 2726 viewsGlyn1

I live a couple of miles from Brentford. They are currently about to build a bigger new ground a short distance away and sell their current ground for housing. They expect to make a profit doing it this way.

They still don't expect to get promoted.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Attendances on 01:09 - Dec 23 with 2602 viewsHighjack

Attendances on 16:48 - Dec 22 by westside

haven't bournemouth turned their pitch around the other way to allow for stadium development

No, they turn their pitch around at half time so the teams don't have to swap sides.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Attendances on 08:39 - Dec 23 with 2493 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Attendances on 20:16 - Dec 22 by Glyn1

I live a couple of miles from Brentford. They are currently about to build a bigger new ground a short distance away and sell their current ground for housing. They expect to make a profit doing it this way.

They still don't expect to get promoted.

I donor think we ever did if we're honest. When we got to the championship it was mission accomplished for me. The rest has come as an unbelievable bonus.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024