Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T2C and LD we go further.... 12:02 - Dec 24 with 11967 views_

I was going to pm this one instead of posting it public. Some of you I'm finding hard to stomach and I genuinely can't see why people feel it ok to not challenge the goings on at our club.

If we challenge things and everything is rosy then great, that's what we all want, if it's not, we should be discussing this with a belief we can do something about it.

So once again, for the real thicko's out there.... I didn't want this meeting and didn't want to go. I went because I was asked and also because I wasn't afraid to.

If you read anything new, great, if it's old hat then I can't help that can I? But I've been asked to report back and I will try again this time.

Bearing in mind we were together 2 and a half hours, even with yesterday's and the below, it's still hardly any of the time we were actually talking accounted for...

So just some notes, some anecdotally, some more to the point, but notes nonetheless...

You did put money in League one though - not that I know of if it was 2006 he said.

So anyway, I asked him like I said did the a trust know and Leigh kept saying everyone knew. I asked did the Trust know and he said yes, of course but what did I mean? And I gave the scenario I have been fearing by stating on here regularly - what if Huw C became a shareholder in his own right while being our Trust Director. He said it was different then - I asked why - and he said because everyone was doing what they could to keep the football club afloat.

I explained going back to why the meeting was even taking place in the first place and that I'm not some fan that's jumped on the bandwagon of late or doesn't watch us from one year to the next, I've been through winding up orders before and have followed this club religiously for over 30 years. He agreed. So I explained why I feel it is important that issues are discussed openly and as much transparency as possible is achieved. I said we have a right to do that.

I explained to him that his company has been showing up on the last four accounts. Payments for goods and services had gone up from around £20,000 in May 10 to £91,000 or thereabouts in the last set published

I asked him if he was charging the club consultancy fees and he said that was part of his wages. He said some people take their wages as wages and he takes some of his salary as wages and some in dividends

He said a lot if the increase that BVS has seen over the last 4 accountancy years is, and he paused, "water" - I asked why he wasn't supplying water before 2010. He explained that he wasn't just Commercial Director, I'm everything.... I'm Stadium Director, I'm Premier Club Director, I'm Chairman of the Community Trust, Swan Aid. I asked him why he was all these posts and he said because we didn't have the money at the time for them to be individually deployed.

I said he hasn't been Commercial Director for that long. He stated he has been Commercial Director for 12 years? Huw Jenkins took over the football side of things and he did the commercial bit. He also stated much later in the conversation that Tenko did most of the stuff they didn't want to do with the more admin side of things, filling out forms etc.... I quizzed this and asked if he meant he was CD in all but name and he said yes.

So that prompted me into reminding him about the old adage we read on here so many times, which is Premier League on the pitch - League 2 off it. He said yeah, I'd love to know why?! Well I said it was true because you're still in the same posts as when we were in League 2. I asked him outright after hearing this - "do you have the necessary experience to be a Commercial Director in the Premier League" to which he replied factually, "I've got 12 years"

I asked him does he have any season objectives in terms of revenue targets. He said he is targeted by the board every year.

I said what fans will come back with is if we are looking for outside investment, why can't it be done organically from increased commercial gain? He said fans have got this idea we should be competing in the sponsorship stakes with the likes of Man United. I stated I don't think anyone thinks that. He went onto say We compete within our level. Our shirt sponsor is 8th best in the EPL, so take the top 6 out then that's good. I said that's just a stat and they can be massaged and manipulated and he reminded me this was in the papers, the Guardian. I then said is that figure down to the fact it was only a short term contract thinking it was only one season with GWFX he said, no it's 3. I said it was only one at the time and he said that was his boards decision as they only wanted one year deals to not tie them down for longer than they might have wanted. GWFX will be sponsor again next season.

I then reminded him of a statement that came out of the club whereby it said that they were looking at Stadium expansion through revenue from naming rights and advertising. I said as soon as that statement was released, it was almost like it never existed afterwards. I even thought it was him who released it but he stated it wasn't and that he didn't really know about this?!

He also said the stadium doesn't belong to us and we didn't get anything from the Liberty deal. I pointed out that if the Swans could find a super deal with naming rights I'm sure the necessary negotiations could take place with Stadco so that the Swans benefitted greatly from that, or even the stadium through expansion itself. He said "potentially" if he was to find a business partner he would then negotiate with the stadium owners that we want x amount from this but at the moment we can't.

There's literally loads more.... But over to you dicks to start the next bout of criticising in the meeting I never wanted or asked for.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2014 12:10]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

T2C and LD we go further.... on 20:15 - Dec 25 with 2490 viewsStarsky

T2C and LD we go further.... on 23:05 - Dec 24 by Dr_Winston

What damage is he doing to the club exactly?

The psychophants are getting twitchy.

It's just the internet, init.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 00:15 - Dec 26 with 2331 viewsDrizzy

T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:19 - Dec 25 by Dr_Winston

I don't have children, so I don't have that problem.

Even if I did setting them an example would be my responsibility, not some random people on a website.

Explains a lot that post.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

T2C and LD we go further.... on 09:46 - Dec 26 with 2200 viewsdameedna

T2C and LD we go further.... on 23:32 - Dec 24 by budegan

You should use that one more - it might just take off.

I sincerely hope you're not in the position where you're discouraging your own children to read a football website because you're worried that antisocial behaviour is treated as somewhere between acceptable & admirable.

The questions raised were enough to see a meeting result which was not compulsory.
Children are a parent's worst critic.
I don't see that the meeting did the club any harm.
Organistional issues are not pure and simple and it is not always all about the football.

Looking froward to the game today, hope Villa put up another bad defensive display, without Collins they are fragile.
T2C and LD we go further.... on 21:49 - Oct 25 with 1685 viewsSoberBaker

T2C and LD we go further.... on 16:24 - Dec 24 by swansinfo

Chris

I aminterested to know what the 'kick up the arse' is that you think the trust needs. Please bear in mind this is a VOLUNTEER organisation?

How could we do what you suggest below?

The Trust had become, in my opinion, non responsive, unanswerable, discommunicating and non responsible.

I believe The Trust has also been to a certain degree just part of the furniture, so ideas aside, and I've got some, I'd like to see the Trust rise up again from its Phil "Sumbler," fack I do love that pun, and raise its profile, its commuicating, its presence, its influence etc etc And one way to do that would be to engage people with opinions and get more involved in it. Proper Think Tanks where real issues are debated and discussed and when necessary taken right smack bang central into the boardroom.

How about we hold Fans Forums where we invite ANY swans fan to come along to event where we ensure the board and management are in attendance. All questions can be asked - Tick!
How about we have working groups that look at different aspects of our club (community, disabled, membership etc) to see how we can bring the club closer to the fans? - Tick
How about we have a fresh website which outlines what we offer, a facebook and twitter page which gets updated regularly on news and an email newsletter that gets sent out (you were sent one last week) to all 15,000+ members and e-Members that we have? - Tick
How about we work with the local media (EP and WM) to get a regular column in their papers and ensure they understand what we are trying to do - Tick
How about we have a regular update in the club program to inform fans of news - Tick
How about we have a presence on matchdays (we would like a nice office but we couldnt get that and so have the POD near the superstore) where Trust BM stand on EVERY GAME in fluorescent bibs and are happy to listen to fans and answer questions - Tick
How about we put on a number of other events over the course of the year (Bowling nights, Award Dinners etc) which bring fans closer to the club - Tick
How about we attend all club meetings where we CONTINUALLY fight for the best interest of the everyday fan (who do you think got prices at £10 for Everton in the Cap One cup!) and do this all at one persons own expense? - Tick
How about we send out member surveys on a regular basis to ask for fans comments on what we can do better and then publish those results - Tick
How about we present and work with other Supporters Trust to help them do what we have and build a strong say in their club and advise the wider football movement on the best way to achieve success? - Tick
How about we work with individual shareholders (who have their own personal interests) to achieve something (trust me the bull in the china shop route gets you next to nothing) rather than trying to fight and then find were left out of discussions. We have a 21% shareholding and so CANNOT DICTATE to others what we want. We have to work with people - Tick
How about we work to protect the future of the club by meeting in our own time and at our own cost (mainly in Swansea but often in Newport, London or other locations) to try and ensure the long term future of the club is being looked after? - Tick

I could go on but I won't.

Please don't see this as us being defensive as we are not. We know there is a LOT MORE we can do as a trust and we are keen to do more. We want to develop, grow, learn and reach out more to fans and we are CONTINUALLY looking at new ways to do this.

We welcome suggestions (and help) to implement ideas that can ensure fans are aware of what we do and so that fans can see that we win a LOT of battles within the boardroom but that we cannot win everything (unless we own the club!)

We welcome new people standing or joining the board (there are 3 new co opted members who have joined recently and are adding great value to what we do) and embrace any new ideas and thoughts they have.

My point behind this is that it is very easy from the outside to criticise and say we could do more but a lot is already done on unpaid time and that is only going to grow in the coming months.

Some of the people who you have mentioned in your posts (PS and HC for example) do a MASSIVE amount for the trust completely UNPAID because they care. For example, both of those 2 guys i know spent some 6 hours in the car to get to London for a recent 10am Trust related meeting. That meant 5am starts and late finishes but they did it because they care about the trust and they care about the fans. They would never ask for this to be published but I am telling you it happened (the details of the meeting will be made known in the coming months as we mentioned in our e-Newsletter) and they did it from their own time. There are COUNTLESS other examples I could give you of Phil, Huw, Stuart, Nigel, Andy, Duncan, Cath, Alan, Viv (x 2), Ian, Will, Ron, Gwyn, David, Barbara and me giving up our own time at our own cost to try and do what we think is right to help the trust and club.

We all care about the club and i applaud you looking for answers. I also applaud you for asking difficult questions and when you asked a question, you got an honest answer from me (about my business links to the club) and if you ask questions of the trust then we will provide as honest an answer as you can.

You are entitled to a view and only you can decide if they are right or not. All i know is that it is easy to stand from the side and criticise but its harder to roll up your sleeves, work hard and try to make a difference. That is what I and my other Trust Board members try and do each month and I am proud of what they do and I am honoured to be part of a group that cares so much about our wonderful football club.

We won't win everyone over and many may think like you that we are out of touch and need a kick up the arse. All I would ask them to do is read the above and see what comes out from a Volunteer organisation. If that is not acceptable then become a member, stand for the trust board get involved and change it.

Can I ask you one? Why are you not a full paid up member of the Trust? It costs £10 and it would allow you to vote as a Trust Member. If we are doing something so wrong then surely you should want to become a member and then try to change things?

I welcome your honesty and as I said your view is your view

All i know is that were not the 'poor/lame' organisation that you make us out to be and those whom you criticise and mock do an incredible amount to help take this club forward. I think you should have some respect for that

Cheers

Jim White
Trust Vice Chair

Really?

AMOW

T2C and LD we go further.... on 21:56 - Oct 25 with 1640 viewsTheResurrection

Jim White said

"""Some of the people who you have mentioned in your posts (PS and HC for example) do a MASSIVE amount for the trust completely UNPAID because they care. For example, both of those 2 guys i know spent some 6 hours in the car to get to London for a recent 10am Trust related meeting. That meant 5am starts and late finishes but they did it because they care about the trust and they care about the fans. They would never ask for this to be published but I am telling you it happened (the details of the meeting will be made known in the coming months as we mentioned in our e-Newsletter) and they did it from their own time. There are COUNTLESS other examples I could give you of Phil, Huw, Stuart, Nigel, Andy, Duncan, Cath, Alan, Viv (x 2), Ian, Will, Ron, Gwyn, David, Barbara and me giving up our own time at our own cost to try and do what we think is right to help the trust and club. """

Oh dear.... please tell me Jim has resigned?!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

T2C and LD we go further.... on 00:26 - Oct 26 with 1470 viewsBigPhilG

T2C and LD we go further.... on 21:49 - Oct 25 by SoberBaker

Really?

Wow

What a memory on you to dig that up
T2C and LD we go further.... on 02:15 - Oct 26 with 1397 viewsUplandsJack

T2C and LD we go further.... on 21:56 - Oct 25 by TheResurrection

Jim White said

"""Some of the people who you have mentioned in your posts (PS and HC for example) do a MASSIVE amount for the trust completely UNPAID because they care. For example, both of those 2 guys i know spent some 6 hours in the car to get to London for a recent 10am Trust related meeting. That meant 5am starts and late finishes but they did it because they care about the trust and they care about the fans. They would never ask for this to be published but I am telling you it happened (the details of the meeting will be made known in the coming months as we mentioned in our e-Newsletter) and they did it from their own time. There are COUNTLESS other examples I could give you of Phil, Huw, Stuart, Nigel, Andy, Duncan, Cath, Alan, Viv (x 2), Ian, Will, Ron, Gwyn, David, Barbara and me giving up our own time at our own cost to try and do what we think is right to help the trust and club. """

Sadly I don't think it should be just Jim who should be resigning over this....
Here we are about to go into the trenches to do battle with the old guard over their wrong doings and misleading of the trust and fans as a whole , only to find out the trust itself has done exactly the same to the very people it's elected to represent, even if it is to a lesser degree..... What a Foooking mess
T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:24 - Oct 26 with 1285 viewscostalotta

T2C and LD we go further.... on 02:15 - Oct 26 by UplandsJack

Sadly I don't think it should be just Jim who should be resigning over this....
Here we are about to go into the trenches to do battle with the old guard over their wrong doings and misleading of the trust and fans as a whole , only to find out the trust itself has done exactly the same to the very people it's elected to represent, even if it is to a lesser degree..... What a Foooking mess

What a mess indeed.

Here's a question. Given what has come out over the last few days and the fact that the Trust were completely outflanked regarding recent events you'd have to ask the question do the Trust board have the collective intelligence, nous and bottle for the battle ahead?
Login to get fewer ads

T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:27 - Oct 26 with 1279 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:24 - Oct 26 by costalotta

What a mess indeed.

Here's a question. Given what has come out over the last few days and the fact that the Trust were completely outflanked regarding recent events you'd have to ask the question do the Trust board have the collective intelligence, nous and bottle for the battle ahead?

Especially now that they will be up against esteemed businessmen, not HJ, LD and the rest of the cowboys.
T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:53 - Oct 26 with 1224 viewsJackUlation

T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:27 - Oct 26 by Return_of_the_Jack

Especially now that they will be up against esteemed businessmen, not HJ, LD and the rest of the cowboys.

Switches on the fan ready for the hit......
T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:56 - Oct 26 with 1212 viewscostalotta

T2C and LD we go further.... on 08:27 - Oct 26 by Return_of_the_Jack

HJ, LD and the rest of them have 'handled' the trust!
T2C and LD we go further.... on 10:15 - Oct 26 with 1109 viewsSmellyplumz

T2C and LD we go further.... on 21:56 - Oct 25 by TheResurrection

Jim White said

Excuse my ignorance but what has Jim done wrong here to warrant resigning?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

T2C and LD we go further.... on 10:18 - Oct 26 with 1099 viewsperchrockjack

If I can butt in here...it's because Chrissy believes he should.

His tough as feck chums will agree

We ve been in this situation before MODS

Why allow back .you know where this thread will go.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

T2C and LD we go further.... on 11:08 - Oct 26 with 1042 viewsSoberBaker

T2C and LD we go further.... on 00:26 - Oct 26 by BigPhilG

Wow

What a memory on you to dig that up

I know.

I surprise my self sometimes.

AMOW

T2C and LD we go further.... on 11:14 - Oct 26 with 1025 viewsUplandsJack

T2C and LD we go further.... on 10:15 - Oct 26 by Smellyplumz

Excuse my ignorance but what has Jim done wrong here to warrant resigning?

How about releases a statement signed off, stating HC works on our behalf for NOTHING. A blatant LIE.
Now of course if this is a case of he didn't know either, that may be an excuse.
But that then brings into question how the Vice Chairman was kept in the dark about this Too!!!
T2C and LD we go further.... on 00:53 - Oct 27 with 863 viewsSmellyplumz

T2C and LD we go further.... on 11:14 - Oct 26 by UplandsJack

How about releases a statement signed off, stating HC works on our behalf for NOTHING. A blatant LIE.
Now of course if this is a case of he didn't know either, that may be an excuse.
But that then brings into question how the Vice Chairman was kept in the dark about this Too!!!

Cheers uplands that was my first post of the day before I'd read all the other threads ref hc.... Warra mess!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024