Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club 15:04 - Dec 31 with 34270 viewsSwansTrust

The Trust has issued a Q&A article on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club which can be read here - http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2014/12/31/qa-on-potential-new-shareholders-in-swans

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:54 - Dec 31 with 3349 viewsjohnlangy

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:02 - Dec 31 by oh_tommy_tommy

I am one of those ST holders who thought it was automatic.

I know lots think the same. Join up and have a say.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:03 - Dec 31 with 3318 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:44 - Dec 31 by jackonicko

There are 950,000 shares in issue. The price per share has never been disclosed, but press reports suggested it was £30m for 30% of the club. Shaky will check my arithmetic, no doubt, but that is roughly £105 per share.

Haha oops. I'm probably well out then, but somewhere between £100 and £2000 each!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:06 - Dec 31 with 3306 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:29 - Dec 31 by morningstar

I joined up today, do you know if my e-mail address would automatically go onto the database?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 15:31]

Yes it should do
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:06 - Dec 31 with 3306 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:03 - Dec 31 by NeiltheTaylor

Haha oops. I'm probably well out then, but somewhere between £100 and £2000 each!

Shaky will adjudicate. He will tell you I'm rubbish at numbers.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:10 - Dec 31 with 3295 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:59 - Dec 31 by marchamjack

I'm one of the 985 paid up members (surprised it's so low have to say and might be a reflection of st holders not knowing they are no longer full Trust members?), so very pleased to have read all that.

Extremely pleased to hear too that the Trust have instructed legal advisers on this, including in the US (could I have confirmation that Shaky is not one of those instructed parties... ;)

I'm actually heartened too that Phil was clearly playing his cards close to his chest, knowing more about this than he gave out given that the Trust have spoken to the potential investors on more than one ocassion (and did not give his hand away to T2C in particular in spite of much provocation...btw...T2C has done some much needed good work with LD, but those of us not on the Trust Board shouldn't expect every single thing to be laid out on PS for 'debate'...bit like having an elected Govt and then expecting them to consult the constituents every time an issue arises, just not realistic nor wanted).

I am very concerned that the Trust's holding can effectively become worthless if the current owners sell out to the 'wrong' investors ad maybe that's a point, morally and ethically our Trust board can appeal to the current owners on our behalf (if they haven't already).

Good though too that the Trust is at least involved in these discussions as far as they are permitted to be, as if they were being cut out at this point, I'd be very very worried. I think they should have told us at least that before to allay much of the concerns we've all read and aired on here to this point. Lesson to learn maybe.

But a big thank you to the Trust and hope to hear more as and when.

Those of you reading this and not paid up members...get online now and pay your tenner and join the Trust properly and help them to help all of us. Not going to have this chance to affect things again I'd think, don't miss it for the cost of a few pints. And don't complain about things if you don't.

The right way to release information is in this kind of format like we have released today - it will never be possible to respond to every single post on a forum for a variety of reasons one of them being we would at times almost end up with someone on here and scfc permanently answering questions

That doesn't mean that they do not get listened to or acted on though and I am sure questions that arise from this particular release will lead to some more answers at some point in the near future.

In answer to one point raised by neilthetaylor earlier in the thread, you could probably safely assume that we will be looking carefully at what safeguards we have/could get against any future dilution of shares
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:10 - Dec 31 with 3295 viewsConcerned_Parent

So Phil, how many outstanding shares does the club have? Is it really 950,000?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 18:11]
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:12 - Dec 31 with 3291 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:10 - Dec 31 by Concerned_Parent

Pfft. No one ever believes me ;)
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:13 - Dec 31 with 3288 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:51 - Dec 31 by NeiltheTaylor

Well if 21.1% is worth about the rumoured £20M. Then 100,000 shares that make that up:

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-shares/

Would make that about £2000 a share.

I think Jackonicko's maths is nearer the mark

Also I cant get the link to open but the Trust own 199,999 shares

I like the gist of your calculator though
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:15 - Dec 31 with 3279 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:10 - Dec 31 by Concerned_Parent

Yes there are 950,0000 shares of which the Trust own 199,999 or 21.05%
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:19 - Dec 31 with 3264 viewsmarchamjack

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:10 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

The right way to release information is in this kind of format like we have released today - it will never be possible to respond to every single post on a forum for a variety of reasons one of them being we would at times almost end up with someone on here and scfc permanently answering questions

That doesn't mean that they do not get listened to or acted on though and I am sure questions that arise from this particular release will lead to some more answers at some point in the near future.

In answer to one point raised by neilthetaylor earlier in the thread, you could probably safely assume that we will be looking carefully at what safeguards we have/could get against any future dilution of shares

Thanks Phil

My only gripe was that I felt the Trust should have said earlier that we're involved in discussions and when we have some news we'll let you all know. Would have quelled a lot of the angst on here. Otherwise, in Phil we Trust (well I do anyway)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:23 - Dec 31 with 3252 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:19 - Dec 31 by marchamjack

Thanks Phil

My only gripe was that I felt the Trust should have said earlier that we're involved in discussions and when we have some news we'll let you all know. Would have quelled a lot of the angst on here. Otherwise, in Phil we Trust (well I do anyway)

The problem is the moment we say that we get the angst with people wanting to know what the outcome of those discussions were - its a no win situation at times like that

All I remember was it was a 5am start to get to one of those meetings (at Heathrow), then a work meeting and then a dash back to Swansea to the Trust board meeting to relay the discussions to the full board

And people say we do nothing
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:24 - Dec 31 with 3247 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:13 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

I think Jackonicko's maths is nearer the mark

Also I cant get the link to open but the Trust own 199,999 shares

I like the gist of your calculator though

Pfft! Rounding error is all. Certificates shown add up to only 100K which threw me out then too.

So yeah it would be about £100 each with both them corrected.

"and thick tw*ts like this want a say in running the club"

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:25 - Dec 31 with 3242 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:10 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

I don't doubt it. Thanks, Phil.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:27 - Dec 31 with 3233 viewsConcerned_Parent

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:15 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

Yes there are 950,0000 shares of which the Trust own 199,999 or 21.05%

What's the value of the trust's 199,999 shares?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:36 - Dec 31 with 3209 viewsFerrieBodde

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:44 - Dec 31 by jackonicko

There are 950,000 shares in issue. The price per share has never been disclosed, but press reports suggested it was £30m for 30% of the club. Shaky will check my arithmetic, no doubt, but that is roughly £105 per share.

Isn't £30m for a majority stake in an established Premier League club such as ours relatively cheap? That's less than what Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll.

I know what I'm buying if I ever strike it rich : )
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:37 - Dec 31 with 3138 viewsbermudajack

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:27 - Dec 31 by Concerned_Parent

What's the value of the trust's 199,999 shares?

if each share is worth £105.26 x 199,999

Makes just over £21M

But Maths was never my strong point 😕

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:44 - Dec 31 with 3118 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:37 - Dec 31 by bermudajack

if each share is worth £105.26 x 199,999

Makes just over £21M

But Maths was never my strong point 😕

Based on the £30m for 30% figure being banded about then Bermuda jack is spot on - £21.05m
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:45 - Dec 31 with 3109 viewsFerrieBodde

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:44 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

Based on the £30m for 30% figure being banded about then Bermuda jack is spot on - £21.05m

Do you think £30m for 30% is a fair valuation?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:46 - Dec 31 with 3105 viewsPhil_S

For those wanting to join

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:49 - Dec 31 with 3095 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:45 - Dec 31 by FerrieBodde

Do you think £30m for 30% is a fair valuation?

Personally? No

However to the buyer it may well be

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:56 - Dec 31 with 3076 viewsFerrieBodde

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:49 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

Personally? No

However to the buyer it may well be

This post has been edited by an administrator

To the shareholders, what amount do you think is fair for 30%?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:03 - Dec 31 with 3065 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:56 - Dec 31 by FerrieBodde

To the shareholders, what amount do you think is fair for 30%?

Couldn't put a figure on it sadly

What about yourself?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:08 - Dec 31 with 3052 viewsmarchamjack

£30 million for 30% seems cheap to me bearing in mind that we're close to becoming 'established' at this level and the ever growing SKY tv cash cow that just keeps on giving year in year out. What's a 'fair' figure? No idea really, but if I was in their position I'd certainly be asking for more and seeing how far I could push it.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:10 - Dec 31 with 3050 viewsFerrieBodde

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:03 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

What about yourself?

Probably £50m.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:19 - Dec 31 with 3028 viewsFuggie

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:03 - Dec 31 by Phil_S

What about yourself?

I would say £15m max for 30%, as mentioned by someone earlier £100 (approx) per share for 100% does not mean that £100 per share for 30% is correct.

Even if the new investor acquired 79% of the shares at £100 per share it would probably be too much. Yes they would have control of the board however some of the dividends distributed would still need to be paid to the Trust.

In addition a Football Club is in a high risk business as it cannot guarantee a consistent income stream (ie relegation or to a smaller extent Sky/BT stop paying) and in respect to our club their market value is primarily based on our Player Values. One or two injuries could result in a substantial fall in a players valuation. Bodde was a prime example (though I think we did eventually have some insurance compensation).

I just rely on the Trust and the Club's Board to obtain the best deal for the Club that is possible out of the current situation.

Anyway wish everyone a Happy New Year (even the Redbirds on this board) and hope to see the Swans start 2015 with a comfortable win tomorrow.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 19:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024