Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club 15:04 - Dec 31 with 34278 viewsSwansTrust

The Trust has issued a Q&A article on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club which can be read here - http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2014/12/31/qa-on-potential-new-shareholders-in-swans

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:36 - Jan 1 with 2298 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:30 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

You hear a lot of things that turn out to be nonsense thought, don't you?

How did you get on finding the post that said that the Trust board had said that there'd be no vote of the members on any investment/sale offer?

Well, indeed.

I've heard that a shareholders agreement was drawn up 13 years ago that was signed. Does than cancel out what TDH 'heard'?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:36 - Jan 1 with 2292 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:36 - Jan 1 by jackonicko

Well, indeed.

I've heard that a shareholders agreement was drawn up 13 years ago that was signed. Does than cancel out what TDH 'heard'?

Depends how reliable the voices in his head are I suppose.

Poll: Tory leader

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:45 - Jan 1 with 2269 viewsNOTRAC

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:30 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

How did you get on finding the post that said that the Trust board had said that there'd be no vote of the members on any investment/sale offer?

I don't really think it matters whether there is or was a shareholders agreement.
What matters is that no shareholder can sell his shares without the agreement of the directors.
We are told that only one or possibly two shareholders are selling shares.
It appears that the sale will go ahead.
It also appears that a shareholders agreement will be needed at that time.
From the Trust's viewpoint it is essential that their interests are guaranteed in that agreement ie that they will retain their equity share and that the share can never be watered down in the future.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:01 - Jan 1 with 2246 viewswetjack

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:45 - Jan 1 by NOTRAC

I don't really think it matters whether there is or was a shareholders agreement.
What matters is that no shareholder can sell his shares without the agreement of the directors.
We are told that only one or possibly two shareholders are selling shares.
It appears that the sale will go ahead.
It also appears that a shareholders agreement will be needed at that time.
From the Trust's viewpoint it is essential that their interests are guaranteed in that agreement ie that they will retain their equity share and that the share can never be watered down in the future.

On the contrary if there is a shareholders agreement particularly from when they first took over then surely the words in there are more important as it will be an agreement between the people that matter (ie those who own the shares)

The bigger question from me is which shareholder is feeding you information? my money is on either Morgan or Davies

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 2229 viewstomdickharry

You got it wrong I didn't hear Notrac did.

On the other point keep waiting.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:22 - Jan 1 with 2234 viewstomdickharry

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:36 - Jan 1 by jackonicko

Well, indeed.

I didn't hear it Notrac did.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:49 - Jan 1 with 2140 viewsUxbridge

Well, indeed.

It certainly would.

I think I know who's feeding NOTRAC. In fact it's pretty obvious.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 2127 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:49 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

It certainly would.

Really? I found it impossible to guess :)
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:03 - Jan 1 with 2114 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:54 - Jan 1 by jackonicko

Really? I found it impossible to guess :)

Well what can I say. I was sitting here eating a big bag of M&M's and the answer magically appeared

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:05 - Jan 1 with 2112 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:03 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

Well what can I say. I was sitting here eating a big bag of M&M's and the answer magically appeared

Ooh a clue!

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:07 - Jan 1 with 2102 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:05 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

Ooh a clue!

You needed a clue?!

Edit - I am finding it very amusing seeing who are outing themselves as the lapdogs of certain directors. In fact, I'm also of the opinion that one or two directors might have posted in recent days too ....
[Post edited 1 Jan 2015 18:09]

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:09 - Jan 1 with 2095 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:07 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

You needed a clue?!

Edit - I am finding it very amusing seeing who are outing themselves as the lapdogs of certain directors. In fact, I'm also of the opinion that one or two directors might have posted in recent days too ....
[Post edited 1 Jan 2015 18:09]

I hadn't really given it any thought to be honest. You made it easy for me though, I approve of that.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 2082 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:09 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

I hadn't really given it any thought to be honest. You made it easy for me though, I approve of that.

I expect better from you Clasey. Shape up!

I'm not one for trinkets but it's at times like this I'd love to have admin access so I could see the IP addresses of specific posters. I reckon it would be very interesting.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:14 - Jan 1 with 2021 viewsItchySphincter

I'm a member but never get emails, what do I need to do?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 1999 viewsexiledclaseboy

A question for Uxy or Jackonicko (or anyone else, really) - how does this "pre-emption" rights thing work?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:34 - Jan 1 with 1996 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:14 - Jan 1 by ItchySphincter

I'm a member but never get emails, what do I need to do?

Drop an email to info@swanstrust.co.uk with your name and address and the email you want to get the communications too and Alan, Jim or Duncan will add you
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:16 - Jan 1 with 1944 viewsItchySphincter

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:34 - Jan 1 by Phil_S

Drop an email to info@swanstrust.co.uk with your name and address and the email you want to get the communications too and Alan, Jim or Duncan will add you

Okeydoke, thanks Phil. I dug out the confirmation pdf that gets sent out to check my details - I perhaps somewhat lazily assumed that those details would be enough to keep me in the loop. Ta.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:24 - Jan 1 with 1932 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:16 - Jan 1 by ItchySphincter

Okeydoke, thanks Phil. I dug out the confirmation pdf that gets sent out to check my details - I perhaps somewhat lazily assumed that those details would be enough to keep me in the loop. Ta.

It should have been enough if we already have your email - sounds like something may have gone amiss somewhere
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:24 - Jan 1 with 1932 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:32 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

A question for Uxy or Jackonicko (or anyone else, really) - how does this "pre-emption" rights thing work?

Basically a first refusal thing. Any selling party needs to offer to the remaining shareholders before can be sold to an outside party. However if the outside buyers offer much more then there is no compulsion on the seller to only sell to an existing shareholder.

In this case for example, the rumoured price is around £1m per 1%. The Trust has less than 600k. Unless someone is feeling generous then it'll only go one way.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:27 - Jan 1 with 1925 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:24 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

Basically a first refusal thing. Any selling party needs to offer to the remaining shareholders before can be sold to an outside party. However if the outside buyers offer much more then there is no compulsion on the seller to only sell to an existing shareholder.

In this case for example, the rumoured price is around £1m per 1%. The Trust has less than 600k. Unless someone is feeling generous then it'll only go one way.

I see. Thanks.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:50 - Jan 1 with 1899 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:24 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

Not that it makes much difference but I thought the Trust had around £850k?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 21:50 - Jan 1 with 1848 viewsMillie

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:49 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

It certainly would.

Not that thickprick from Plasmarl?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 22:15 - Jan 1 with 1816 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 20:50 - Jan 1 by 3swan

Not that it makes much difference but I thought the Trust had around £850k?

Actually I thought it was 650k but immaterial really. Point still stands.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 04:12 - Jan 2 with 1718 viewsDaveToronto

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:36 - Dec 31 by Concerned_Parent

Can someone fill me in on the number of shares there is in the club and what the price of each share is? I'd like to know. Thanks.

The trust have 21% of the issued stock of Swansea City 2002, this amounts to around 100,000 shares. Therefore the total number of issued stock is around 475,000. However, there may well be a substantial amount of unissued shares that the directors could release in a share allocation to a potential investor at any time. This would result in an increase in the capital invested in the club, and make new funds available for the club directors to invest in club business, In effect a sale of shares by the club to a new investor. However, if as the trust suggest, this is a sale of existing stock to another party by an existing shareholder, there is no new capital injected into the club, simply a movement of funds to the old shareholder and the reregistering of those shares to the new shareholder.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 09:27 - Jan 2 with 1642 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 04:12 - Jan 2 by DaveToronto

The trust have 21% of the issued stock of Swansea City 2002, this amounts to around 100,000 shares. Therefore the total number of issued stock is around 475,000. However, there may well be a substantial amount of unissued shares that the directors could release in a share allocation to a potential investor at any time. This would result in an increase in the capital invested in the club, and make new funds available for the club directors to invest in club business, In effect a sale of shares by the club to a new investor. However, if as the trust suggest, this is a sale of existing stock to another party by an existing shareholder, there is no new capital injected into the club, simply a movement of funds to the old shareholder and the reregistering of those shares to the new shareholder.

The Trust have just shy of 200k of the 950k of shares issued. There is no unissued share capital. The offer mentioned is your latter example regarding a sale of existing stock, and thus no capital injection into the club.

You could have read the thread mun!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024