Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club 15:04 - Dec 31 with 34279 viewsSwansTrust

The Trust has issued a Q&A article on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club which can be read here - http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2014/12/31/qa-on-potential-new-shareholders-in-swans

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 10:22 - Jan 2 with 2776 viewssixpenses

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:30 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

You hear a lot of things that turn out to be nonsense thought, don't you?

How did you get on finding the post that said that the Trust board had said that there'd be no vote of the members on any investment/sale offer?

And if you had bothered to read the short post you responded to you would have seen that this was clearly a quote from someone else earlier in the thread.

Still I suppose you were too keen to get in your latest little dig at another poster as usual facts do not bother you too much, despite the serious irony given your own past behaviour.

Shame you used to be quite an interesting poster

I imagine TDH should not hold his breath for an apology from you.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 10:34 - Jan 2 with 2755 viewsShonky

"Still I suppose you were too keen to get in your latest little dig at another poster as usual facts do not bother you too much, despite the serious irony given your own past behaviour."
He said, overtly keen to get in his latest little dig at another poster.

Its just a ride...

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 11:14 - Jan 2 with 2731 viewsjackonicko

Back on topic, a couple of articles in the local press summarising the Q&A:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-Supporters-Trust-talks-inve

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-supporter
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 11:14 - Jan 2 with 2731 viewstomdickharry

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 10:22 - Jan 2 by sixpenses

And if you had bothered to read the short post you responded to you would have seen that this was clearly a quote from someone else earlier in the thread.

Still I suppose you were too keen to get in your latest little dig at another poster as usual facts do not bother you too much, despite the serious irony given your own past behaviour.

Shame you used to be quite an interesting poster

I imagine TDH should not hold his breath for an apology from you.

Thanks for that.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:51 - Jan 2 with 2657 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 22:15 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

Actually I thought it was 650k but immaterial really. Point still stands.

Agree with your point, but at £850k plus another dividend payout, we could afford to buy another 1% stake

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:54 - Jan 2 with 2651 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:51 - Jan 2 by 3swan

Agree with your point, but at £850k plus another dividend payout, we could afford to buy another 1% stake

I guess the question is whether it is a good use of trust funds to spend £850k to add less than 1%. The trust doesnt get any substantive benefit from being a 21.9% shareholder rather than a 21.05% holder, but has just spent £850k of precious funds to do so.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:57 - Jan 2 with 2648 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:54 - Jan 2 by jackonicko

I guess the question is whether it is a good use of trust funds to spend £850k to add less than 1%. The trust doesnt get any substantive benefit from being a 21.9% shareholder rather than a 21.05% holder, but has just spent £850k of precious funds to do so.

Agree

It was slightly tongue in cheek hence the
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:59 - Jan 2 with 2643 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:51 - Jan 2 by 3swan

It's a good question and one I've given some thought to as well. Personally I wouldn't see spending the entire pot on less than 1% of the club as being in the Trust's best interests at this time. The current pot for example has enable the Trust to appoint legal counsel for example, and who knows what may be required in the future.

If it was a greater percentage, such as 4% to get us over the 25% threshold then it would become a different question for me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:02 - Jan 2 with 2633 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 13:59 - Jan 2 by Uxbridge

It's a good question and one I've given some thought to as well. Personally I wouldn't see spending the entire pot on less than 1% of the club as being in the Trust's best interests at this time. The current pot for example has enable the Trust to appoint legal counsel for example, and who knows what may be required in the future.

If it was a greater percentage, such as 4% to get us over the 25% threshold then it would become a different question for me.

Agee on the 25%, as you will see with my reply above while you were typing your reply

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:08 - Jan 2 with 2620 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:02 - Jan 2 by 3swan

Agee on the 25%, as you will see with my reply above while you were typing your reply

Too slow. Don't say it ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:10 - Jan 2 with 2607 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:08 - Jan 2 by Uxbridge

Too slow. Don't say it ...

Wouldn't dream of it
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:46 - Jan 2 with 2577 viewsPhil_S

Not sure where the £850k came from - the exact figure I cannot quote but it is <£650k
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:36 - Jan 2 with 2534 viewssixpenses

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 10:34 - Jan 2 by Shonky

"Still I suppose you were too keen to get in your latest little dig at another poster as usual facts do not bother you too much, despite the serious irony given your own past behaviour."
He said, overtly keen to get in his latest little dig at another poster.

Merely a padawan to your jedi master

Less of a dig more pointing out ECBs error and the unfairness of incorrectly using his own error to launch an attack on another poster - but obviously no place for fairness here just egos, pomp and self deception for some it seems

hmmm nothing new then
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:39 - Jan 2 with 2475 viewsDaveToronto

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 09:27 - Jan 2 by Uxbridge

The Trust have just shy of 200k of the 950k of shares issued. There is no unissued share capital. The offer mentioned is your latter example regarding a sale of existing stock, and thus no capital injection into the club.

You could have read the thread mun!

Appologies. 950k is correct,
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:14 - Jan 2 with 2420 viewswetjack

Notrac has gone very quiet on this thread - looks like he has been called out quite well by Uxbridge

How many of the shareholders are looking to sell anyway?

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:19 - Jan 2 with 2412 viewsItchySphincter

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:36 - Jan 2 by sixpenses

Merely a padawan to your jedi master

Less of a dig more pointing out ECBs error and the unfairness of incorrectly using his own error to launch an attack on another poster - but obviously no place for fairness here just egos, pomp and self deception for some it seems

hmmm nothing new then

This is an important thread mun. Don't turn it into another attention seeking whiney Sprout fest.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:23 - Jan 2 with 2403 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:14 - Jan 2 by wetjack

Notrac has gone very quiet on this thread - looks like he has been called out quite well by Uxbridge

How many of the shareholders are looking to sell anyway?

Not the first time it's happened, either

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/132691/please-dont-let-t
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:10 - Jan 2 with 2377 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:46 - Jan 2 by Phil_S

Not sure where the £850k came from - the exact figure I cannot quote but it is <£650k

It was from memory (don't go there)

Unless I'm reading it wrongly the Trust Accounts show Shareholders Fund of £871k

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Trust-Audited-Accounts-Ma
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:32 - Jan 2 with 2353 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:10 - Jan 2 by 3swan

It was from memory (don't go there)

Unless I'm reading it wrongly the Trust Accounts show Shareholders Fund of £871k

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Trust-Audited-Accounts-Ma

Cant see the accounts on here but does that not include the £200k already invested?
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:47 - Jan 2 with 2339 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:32 - Jan 2 by Phil_S

Cant see the accounts on here but does that not include the £200k already invested?

Not if I'm reading it correctly - remember I'm Manufacturing not Finance

£671k Current Assets

£200k invested

Balance @ 31st May 2014 - £871,008
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 2328 views3swan

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 19:47 - Jan 2 by 3swan

Not if I'm reading it correctly - remember I'm Manufacturing not Finance

£671k Current Assets

£200k invested

Balance @ 31st May 2014 - £871,008

Sorry brain in gear

Yes £200 already invested so Fixed assets

£671k available
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 21:16 - Jan 2 with 2278 viewssixpenses

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 18:19 - Jan 2 by ItchySphincter

This is an important thread mun. Don't turn it into another attention seeking whiney Sprout fest.

I agree that is why I thought it inappropriate that ECB used it as yet another opportunity to have a go at another poster, most especially when he was clearly wrong. Surprising you didn't pick that up! Actually not very surprising at all.

So actually you are doing the same, your usual whiney stalking. Shame because you are a decent poster re football when you are not having a go at me or others. So well done bringing your own trivialities into this thread and keeping it going, but I am not taking your sh1t again so the choice is yours.

Oh and "attention seeking" really! That may be your motivation but get some perspective this is an internet forum, please believe me your "attention" is most unwelcome as I have told you repeatedly in the past.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 22:54 - Jan 2 with 2229 viewsItchySphincter

Eh?

Okay then.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 12:55 - Jan 3 with 2111 viewsCatullus

Just to reaffirm the point, lets not do the arguing on this thread. Its too important to all of us genuine fans.

Also, I was one ST holder who thought trust membership was automatic. And once again I am a fully paid up member.

Out of interest, how widly known is it that membership is not automatic? Has the SWEP run a story or has any media (besides on here) mentioned this?
Because there might be a bigger uptake if more people were aware? And if there were, say 15-16000 members who voted against these investors, would the board take heed of us?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 14:08 - Jan 3 with 2059 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 12:55 - Jan 3 by Catullus

Just to reaffirm the point, lets not do the arguing on this thread. Its too important to all of us genuine fans.

Also, I was one ST holder who thought trust membership was automatic. And once again I am a fully paid up member.

Out of interest, how widly known is it that membership is not automatic? Has the SWEP run a story or has any media (besides on here) mentioned this?
Because there might be a bigger uptake if more people were aware? And if there were, say 15-16000 members who voted against these investors, would the board take heed of us?

Yes it was in one of the Trust talk pieces in the EP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024