Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club 15:04 - Dec 31 with 34271 viewsSwansTrust

The Trust has issued a Q&A article on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club which can be read here - http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2014/12/31/qa-on-potential-new-shareholders-in-swans

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:24 - Dec 31 with 7310 viewsexiledclaseboy

Excellent. And not before time. Much, much more of this sort of thing is needed from the Trust. Good stuff.

Poll: Tory leader

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:25 - Dec 31 with 7310 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Very informative. Thanks.

So, the Trust cannot veto a sale, but can it veto a shares issue? If not, I expect the new "investors" to force one and render the trust shareholding practically worthless in decision making terms. Given that scenario, would it be best and possible to sell 20% of the Trust holding (keeping say 1% to keep a seat on the board) at peak value and bank it as a rainy day fund for when the "investors" have finished running us into the ground?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 15:26]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:29 - Dec 31 with 7291 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:24 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

Excellent. And not before time. Much, much more of this sort of thing is needed from the Trust. Good stuff.

I joined up today, do you know if my e-mail address would automatically go onto the database?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 15:31]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:32 - Dec 31 with 7267 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:29 - Dec 31 by morningstar

I joined up today, do you know if my e-mail address would automatically go onto the database?

I think so. Surprised how few paid up members there are considering the vote coming.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:33 - Dec 31 with 7265 viewsMillie

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:25 - Dec 31 by NeiltheTaylor

Very informative. Thanks.

So, the Trust cannot veto a sale, but can it veto a shares issue? If not, I expect the new "investors" to force one and render the trust shareholding practically worthless in decision making terms. Given that scenario, would it be best and possible to sell 20% of the Trust holding (keeping say 1% to keep a seat on the board) at peak value and bank it as a rainy day fund for when the "investors" have finished running us into the ground?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 15:26]

Fair point, and I'm sure it could be answered in the next Q&A, the way I see it though, is, anyone below 5% is off the board!
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:36 - Dec 31 with 7250 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:29 - Dec 31 by morningstar

No idea but I'd imagine so.

Poll: Tory leader

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:49 - Dec 31 with 7196 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 15:36 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

No idea but I'd imagine so.

Good, then can you ask Phil to e-mail me over any club contracts that are available? I need to be making some serious cash out this asap!

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:02 - Dec 31 with 7159 viewsRebMegJack

Only 199014 members needed to buy Katzen out then!!!

#livingthedream

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:02 - Dec 31 with 7153 views_

Well done lads, brilliant stuff and much appreciated.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:05 - Dec 31 with 7142 views_

Oh and can you make this a sticky and keep it updated. You can get rid of that silly warning as well, we're all on best behaviour now.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:05 - Dec 31 with 7142 viewsNeath_Jack

I can't get the link to open mun.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:21 - Dec 31 with 7097 views_

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:05 - Dec 31 by Neath_Jack

I can't get the link to open mun.

Strange, it should do... Working fine on my phone.

And 985 members just became 986.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:30 - Dec 31 with 7057 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:21 - Dec 31 by _

Strange, it should do... Working fine on my phone.

And 985 members just became 986.

Just tried it on my phone and it works there.

I became one of those 986 last week after Clasey pointed out that ST holders were not full members, as i had wrongly assumed.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:31 - Dec 31 with 7054 viewsNeath_Jack

Thanks to those concerned with this.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:41 - Dec 31 with 7023 viewsbermudajack

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:31 - Dec 31 by Neath_Jack

Thanks to those concerned with this.

So what we need are 4200 committed fans, donating £5000 each which gives us 42% of the club we love...

Easy peasy then... 😁

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 16:59 - Dec 31 with 6968 viewsmarchamjack

I'm one of the 985 paid up members (surprised it's so low have to say and might be a reflection of st holders not knowing they are no longer full Trust members?), so very pleased to have read all that.

Extremely pleased to hear too that the Trust have instructed legal advisers on this, including in the US (could I have confirmation that Shaky is not one of those instructed parties... ;)

I'm actually heartened too that Phil was clearly playing his cards close to his chest, knowing more about this than he gave out given that the Trust have spoken to the potential investors on more than one ocassion (and did not give his hand away to T2C in particular in spite of much provocation...btw...T2C has done some much needed good work with LD, but those of us not on the Trust Board shouldn't expect every single thing to be laid out on PS for 'debate'...bit like having an elected Govt and then expecting them to consult the constituents every time an issue arises, just not realistic nor wanted).

I am very concerned that the Trust's holding can effectively become worthless if the current owners sell out to the 'wrong' investors ad maybe that's a point, morally and ethically our Trust board can appeal to the current owners on our behalf (if they haven't already).

Good though too that the Trust is at least involved in these discussions as far as they are permitted to be, as if they were being cut out at this point, I'd be very very worried. I think they should have told us at least that before to allay much of the concerns we've all read and aired on here to this point. Lesson to learn maybe.

But a big thank you to the Trust and hope to hear more as and when.

Those of you reading this and not paid up members...get online now and pay your tenner and join the Trust properly and help them to help all of us. Not going to have this chance to affect things again I'd think, don't miss it for the cost of a few pints. And don't complain about things if you don't.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:01 - Dec 31 with 6960 viewsreddythered

Reading that, your Trust has first refusal.

Does that mean first refusal on all available shares as a block or first refusal on whatever the Trust would want/can afford?

Example; someone wants to sell say 50,000 shares. Trust can't afford all 50,000 under the first refusal, but could buy say 10,000.

If your Trust could partily buy shares made available under the first refusal thing, couldn't they then increase their shareholding percentage?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:02 - Dec 31 with 6947 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I am one of those ST holders who thought it was automatic.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:06 - Dec 31 with 6927 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:01 - Dec 31 by reddythered

Does that mean first refusal on all available shares as a block or first refusal on whatever the Trust would want/can afford?

Example; someone wants to sell say 50,000 shares. Trust can't afford all 50,000 under the first refusal, but could buy say 10,000.

If your Trust could partily buy shares made available under the first refusal thing, couldn't they then increase their shareholding percentage?

The Trust couldn't outbid anyone currently. That's what it'd come down to ultimately.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:10 - Dec 31 with 6912 viewsbermudajack

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:01 - Dec 31 by reddythered

Now there's another question...

I'm sure if the shares are not sold en block and the Trust have first refusal,Mathew there would already be a fund raising campaign to purchase as many shares as possible..

The fact that the Trust cannot afford the share price whilst having £800,000 stashed tells me it's £21m for the further 21%

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:33 - Dec 31 with 6874 viewsMillie

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:10 - Dec 31 by bermudajack

Now there's another question...

I'm sure if the shares are not sold en block and the Trust have first refusal,Mathew there would already be a fund raising campaign to purchase as many shares as possible..

The fact that the Trust cannot afford the share price whilst having £800,000 stashed tells me it's £21m for the further 21%

4% will cost £4m, more than I got down the back of the sofa
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:36 - Dec 31 with 6863 viewsConcerned_Parent

Can someone fill me in on the number of shares there is in the club and what the price of each share is? I'd like to know. Thanks.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:44 - Dec 31 with 6835 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:36 - Dec 31 by Concerned_Parent

Can someone fill me in on the number of shares there is in the club and what the price of each share is? I'd like to know. Thanks.

There are 950,000 shares in issue. The price per share has never been disclosed, but press reports suggested it was £30m for 30% of the club. Shaky will check my arithmetic, no doubt, but that is roughly £105 per share.
Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:51 - Dec 31 with 6814 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:36 - Dec 31 by Concerned_Parent

Well if 21.1% is worth about the rumoured £20M. Then 100,000 shares that make that up:

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-shares/

Would make that about £2000 a share.

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:54 - Dec 31 with 6801 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Q&A on potential new Shareholders in Swansea City Football Club on 17:33 - Dec 31 by Millie

4% will cost £4m, more than I got down the back of the sofa

Not necessarily Millie. Look I'm no expert on this, in fact I may even be stabbing in the dark here, but let's say Katzen wants to sell his 21%? Selling a 21% in Swansea City will not net you £21m because a 21% stand alone stake in the club is just not worth it to any outside investor.
If however, other shareholders are willing to part with some of their shares too enable you to gain a controlling interest then yes, it is well worth paying £1m per 1% shareholding. And that I believe is the crux of this. But as I said, I may be way off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024