Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question Time Thread. 23:21 - Jan 15 with 7191 viewsAquinas

I like David Starkey. I don't like Mehdi Hassan.
Question Time Thread. on 23:26 - Jan 15 with 3498 viewsepaul

Starkey is a f*cking tool and has proved so tonight

Mehdi talks sense

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Question Time Thread. on 23:34 - Jan 15 with 3487 viewsAquinas

Question Time Thread. on 23:26 - Jan 15 by epaul

Starkey is a f*cking tool and has proved so tonight

Mehdi talks sense

I wouldn't expect anything less from you paul.

The beauty of free speech.
Question Time Thread. on 23:42 - Jan 15 with 3477 viewsKilkennyjack

David Starkey belongs in the 1950s. Made a total fool of himself tonight and then some. His answer in respect to a teacher and under aged pupil was embarressing. Totally out of touch with modern civilised society. A clown with a Phd is still a clown.

Beware of the Risen People

Question Time Thread. on 23:54 - Jan 15 with 3461 viewsAquinas

Question Time Thread. on 23:42 - Jan 15 by Kilkennyjack

David Starkey belongs in the 1950s. Made a total fool of himself tonight and then some. His answer in respect to a teacher and under aged pupil was embarressing. Totally out of touch with modern civilised society. A clown with a Phd is still a clown.

I agree he could have worded his argument better.

But he is right that we treat children as if their attitude hasn't changed in decades. They are far more exposed than they used to me and as a result are much more susceptible to vices.
Question Time Thread. on 00:10 - Jan 16 with 3441 viewsveritas

Mehdi Hasan is a quite despicable individual. If he wasn't Muslim there's no way he'd get away with the way he acts he uses it as a cover crying racism like a pathetic victim while he bullies and spreads his vile ideology. The mainstream politicians especially that silly cow soubry were as predictable as ever bowing to the evil PC doctrine. Where as Starkey was trying to initiate a conversation that needs to be heard about what is happening within Islam but he was shutdown which was no surprise whatsoever. I fear for this Country - we won't know until it's too late. We might even be beyond that point now.
Question Time Thread. on 00:19 - Jan 16 with 3432 viewsAquinas

Question Time Thread. on 00:10 - Jan 16 by veritas

Mehdi Hasan is a quite despicable individual. If he wasn't Muslim there's no way he'd get away with the way he acts he uses it as a cover crying racism like a pathetic victim while he bullies and spreads his vile ideology. The mainstream politicians especially that silly cow soubry were as predictable as ever bowing to the evil PC doctrine. Where as Starkey was trying to initiate a conversation that needs to be heard about what is happening within Islam but he was shutdown which was no surprise whatsoever. I fear for this Country - we won't know until it's too late. We might even be beyond that point now.

If Starkey wasn't white and old, the view of him would be completely different.

People see him as an 'old, ignorant fool'. If he was 25, dynamic and from the ethnic minority community people would see him as a maverick. It's sad.
Question Time Thread. on 00:19 - Jan 16 with 3430 viewsUxbridge

Question Time Thread. on 23:54 - Jan 15 by Aquinas

I agree he could have worded his argument better.

But he is right that we treat children as if their attitude hasn't changed in decades. They are far more exposed than they used to me and as a result are much more susceptible to vices.

Sharkey made his point very very badly. There was the nugget of a point in there though ... the idea that 16 year olds are naive wallflowers who are incapable of being the aggressor is ludicrous.

However, much more importantly, the teacher is rightly the one who should be carpeted. A teacher has a duty, above all else, to look after his pupils and ensure that position of trust is not abused. Shagging them doesn't really fit that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Question Time Thread. on 00:21 - Jan 16 with 3428 viewsveritas

On a wider point qt really is a waste of time now. The audiences are always stacked full of trots and the panellists get more insipid it should be full of people like Starkey. We need more like him e.g Douglas Murray, bob crow rip

Not these insipid metropolitan types who play to the bbc select gallery. Where's the debate? It's just pathetic
Login to get fewer ads

Question Time Thread. on 00:22 - Jan 16 with 3427 viewsacejack3065

Question Time Thread. on 00:10 - Jan 16 by veritas

Despicable? Are you real? He's a journalist not a politician. if you don't like him because he's brown just say.
Question Time Thread. on 00:25 - Jan 16 with 3424 viewsveritas

Question Time Thread. on 00:19 - Jan 16 by Aquinas

If Starkey wasn't white and old, the view of him would be completely different.

People see him as an 'old, ignorant fool'. If he was 25, dynamic and from the ethnic minority community people would see him as a maverick. It's sad.

If he was that profile he'd be considered a voice for reason in Islam and he'd have the whole audience clapping as you say he's a camp old white man - he also uses big words clearly a snob.

It's depressing really - his intelligence does for him
Everytime and we're left with robotic idiots like Alexander who says absolutely nothing
Question Time Thread. on 00:26 - Jan 16 with 3423 viewsveritas

Question Time Thread. on 00:22 - Jan 16 by acejack3065

Despicable? Are you real? He's a journalist not a politician. if you don't like him because he's brown just say.

Wow, ok I'll just leave it there. I really, really do despair
Question Time Thread. on 00:28 - Jan 16 with 3417 viewsacejack3065

Question Time Thread. on 00:26 - Jan 16 by veritas

Wow, ok I'll just leave it there. I really, really do despair

Despair all you want. You seem to do a lot of it.
Question Time Thread. on 00:35 - Jan 16 with 3411 viewsveritas

Question Time Thread. on 00:28 - Jan 16 by acejack3065

Despair all you want. You seem to do a lot of it.

Do what exactly? Question Islam? How does that make me racist exactly?

It's people like you that really no understanding of what racism is and on the point regarding Hasan I happen to find his character hard to take the way he shouts over people and his comments on youtube are disgraceful.

Please don't slur me I have never ever said anything regarding anyone's skin colour. I am on record as saying I welcome a multi racial society if you'd bother to understand what I say. I happen to believe in western values that promote human rights, pro womens rights, liberal attitudes towards gays etc. It's people like you that really demean the word. You really have no idea.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 0:36]
Question Time Thread. on 00:44 - Jan 16 with 3397 viewsacejack3065

Question Time Thread. on 00:35 - Jan 16 by veritas

Do what exactly? Question Islam? How does that make me racist exactly?

It's people like you that really no understanding of what racism is and on the point regarding Hasan I happen to find his character hard to take the way he shouts over people and his comments on youtube are disgraceful.

Please don't slur me I have never ever said anything regarding anyone's skin colour. I am on record as saying I welcome a multi racial society if you'd bother to understand what I say. I happen to believe in western values that promote human rights, pro womens rights, liberal attitudes towards gays etc. It's people like you that really demean the word. You really have no idea.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 0:36]

No despair and fret.You launched into a tirade of abuse against Hassan just because of his manner yet Starkey is renowned from having the most aloof, dismissive and arrogant manner to be found anywhere outside of an episode of Top Gear. It doesn't seem like table manners are your biggest concern.

Demean what word?
Question Time Thread. on 00:47 - Jan 16 with 3391 viewsveritas

Isn't noticeable that the anti racists always notice skin colour but those that question positions do this on the content of ones character and their ideological perspective. Who is the racist one must ask?

As Morgan Freeman said to end racism you stop referring to me as a black man and I'll stop referring to you as a white man I.e a human being

To question Islam is to question ideology - or do you not understand the difference? Keep looking at skin colour bro you anti racist you and I'll question everyone as an individual not based on skin colour
Question Time Thread. on 00:51 - Jan 16 with 3386 viewsveritas

Question Time Thread. on 00:44 - Jan 16 by acejack3065

No despair and fret.You launched into a tirade of abuse against Hassan just because of his manner yet Starkey is renowned from having the most aloof, dismissive and arrogant manner to be found anywhere outside of an episode of Top Gear. It doesn't seem like table manners are your biggest concern.

Demean what word?

So because I back Starkey you think I'm taking sides based on the colour of his skin? What a leap.

Starkey is a pompous arse he always has been this is common knowledge - I happen to agree web his points and he was shouted down for them hence why I back him I've slated the other panellists to or did you not digest that. Anyway I've had enough you keep fighting the fight my good man keep seeing racism in everything. Maybe one day you'll judge people on their opinions not their skin colour. Maybe.
Question Time Thread. on 00:52 - Jan 16 with 3385 viewsacejack3065

Question Time Thread. on 00:47 - Jan 16 by veritas

Isn't noticeable that the anti racists always notice skin colour but those that question positions do this on the content of ones character and their ideological perspective. Who is the racist one must ask?

As Morgan Freeman said to end racism you stop referring to me as a black man and I'll stop referring to you as a white man I.e a human being

To question Islam is to question ideology - or do you not understand the difference? Keep looking at skin colour bro you anti racist you and I'll question everyone as an individual not based on skin colour

Fantastic!

The reason we point at skin colour is because its useful in calling out people who have no interest in objectively criticising Islam. I trust you place Christianity and Judaism under equal scrutiny as well then?
Question Time Thread. on 01:04 - Jan 16 with 3377 viewsAquinas

Question Time Thread. on 00:52 - Jan 16 by acejack3065

Fantastic!

The reason we point at skin colour is because its useful in calling out people who have no interest in objectively criticising Islam. I trust you place Christianity and Judaism under equal scrutiny as well then?

To be fair, after the catholic priest scandal,this board deplored the activities of the accused as much as they are with the recent muslim activities (if not less).

There seems to be this misplaced idea among the left that they should defend the rights of foreign ideas to look popular at the expense christian and fundamental british values, but that isn't new.

It really is strange.
Question Time Thread. on 01:10 - Jan 16 with 3375 viewsacejack3065

Question Time Thread. on 01:04 - Jan 16 by Aquinas

To be fair, after the catholic priest scandal,this board deplored the activities of the accused as much as they are with the recent muslim activities (if not less).

There seems to be this misplaced idea among the left that they should defend the rights of foreign ideas to look popular at the expense christian and fundamental british values, but that isn't new.

It really is strange.

There would have been outrage because thats the natural position to hold in the wake of rampant child abuse but look at the demographic of the board.

How many conversations have you had with individual muslims to gauge their reactions on events you'd like them to be visibly outraged by?

What foreign ideals do we defend? What we defend is a demographic of people who are unduly and constantly targeted and demonised in the national press. This is because we understand how dangerous it is to let festering attitudes like that run rampant in society.
Question Time Thread. on 01:19 - Jan 16 with 3369 viewsAquinas

Question Time Thread. on 01:10 - Jan 16 by acejack3065

There would have been outrage because thats the natural position to hold in the wake of rampant child abuse but look at the demographic of the board.

How many conversations have you had with individual muslims to gauge their reactions on events you'd like them to be visibly outraged by?

What foreign ideals do we defend? What we defend is a demographic of people who are unduly and constantly targeted and demonised in the national press. This is because we understand how dangerous it is to let festering attitudes like that run rampant in society.

We, the British public are not targeted or demonised by the press.

I don't want to get into the Rotherham case because it was an anomaly, I find it hard to believe that a mainstream faith, no matter how wicked, could be responsible for such despicable acts.

However, the islamic community needs to stand up against its extremists, just like we, the British public, stand up against extremism (when the left demonstrates against the far right/nf/edl/bnp etc).

They will march for Gaza (a land hundreds of miles away, yet they won't get involved in issues in their own country).

They pick and chose their fights, just as Mehdi did this evening. T
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 1:20]
Question Time Thread. on 01:19 - Jan 16 with 3368 viewsveritas

Question Time Thread. on 01:04 - Jan 16 by Aquinas

It really is strange.

Of course.

I just lost a big post that I was about to send so I'll paraphrase.

I'm pro Palestinian
I'm pro human rights
I'm against foreign invasions
I'm for increased help for asylum seekers in Middle East
I deplore the sex scandals in the Catholic Church

The list goes on

I'm a big believer in freedom, I support free speech and genuine debate. The left has ask itself a question does it protect western values of tolerance or does it want to be seen as anti racist

As the previous poster as highlighted they see the world through skin colours they dot see debates nuances, individual Muslims that I have known are lovely people some of the kindest Ive met I have some dear friends who are Muslim in fact I nearly went into business with one. I debate Islam the ideology and appeasers. If you can't distinguish between the two then you need to read a few books and travel around a bit see the World not just spout your debate crushing rhetoric.

If a bunch of crazed CHristians were going around killing people in the name of religion do you think people would shrug their shoulders. Get real
Question Time Thread. on 01:23 - Jan 16 with 3363 viewsveritas

Acejack have you actually spoken to Muslims - did you watch panarama the other day? The program was based precisely about what I've been saying you need to open you mind. You mean well but you want to shut people down because the truth hurts. If you think there isn't a big probl you're deluded
Question Time Thread. on 01:30 - Jan 16 with 3356 viewsacejack3065

Question Time Thread. on 01:19 - Jan 16 by Aquinas

We, the British public are not targeted or demonised by the press.

I don't want to get into the Rotherham case because it was an anomaly, I find it hard to believe that a mainstream faith, no matter how wicked, could be responsible for such despicable acts.

However, the islamic community needs to stand up against its extremists, just like we, the British public, stand up against extremism (when the left demonstrates against the far right/nf/edl/bnp etc).

They will march for Gaza (a land hundreds of miles away, yet they won't get involved in issues in their own country).

They pick and chose their fights, just as Mehdi did this evening. T
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 1:20]

Individual people pick and choose their fights like all people do.

I don't feel the obligation to form a counter protest every time some pro lifers decide to picket a health centre. People don't ask me why I'm not standing up against equality in the catholic church nor do they expect it.

Why on earth should non involved, non specific muslims march every time Chowdri turns up with a bullhorn? Its an unfair double standard requested of muslims and the reason it exists is because people are suspicious of their motives.

People of Muslim upbringing are being requested to jump through more hoops to prove that they are worthy of "Britishness". That notion in itself is definitely unbritish.
Question Time Thread. on 01:33 - Jan 16 with 3353 viewsveritas

This thread has depressed me a bit I thought we has moved on from that culture of political correctness. Clearly not.

Thank God for people like Majeed Nawaz a wonderful Muslim man who I'd love to see in the Cabinet. We need people like him to speak out and then we can live together in peace. I've had enough anyway if you think I'm a racist go ahead I know I'm not in fact if you knew my family you'd actually be a bit embarrassed by saying that but never mind I'm a supporter of free speech so go ahead. I'm tired goodnight.
Question Time Thread. on 01:44 - Jan 16 with 3346 viewsAquinas

Question Time Thread. on 01:30 - Jan 16 by acejack3065

Individual people pick and choose their fights like all people do.

I don't feel the obligation to form a counter protest every time some pro lifers decide to picket a health centre. People don't ask me why I'm not standing up against equality in the catholic church nor do they expect it.

Why on earth should non involved, non specific muslims march every time Chowdri turns up with a bullhorn? Its an unfair double standard requested of muslims and the reason it exists is because people are suspicious of their motives.

People of Muslim upbringing are being requested to jump through more hoops to prove that they are worthy of "Britishness". That notion in itself is definitely unbritish.

I'm not sure if you're a bit thick.

'non specific muslims' should march because their faith is under threat and their lives are at risk because racist British people are targeting them in response to what has happened recently.

This is no longer an argument over who is right and who is wrong. An innocent muslim got killed in Dresden, for being muslim. Its disgusting.

I was born a catholic, I am now an atheist. Yet, I abhor what happened to the victim in Dresden and I will be equally opposed to any violence against innocent muslims. However, you do not see the same compassion extended by a moderate muslim to innocent westeners. The fact is that muslims are much more sympathetic to their extremist wing than other popular religions are.

Hindus and Sikhs are fantastic people and are not as primitive as the Islamic followers. However, Islam is the only popular religion that still apologises for its followers (yet carries on).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024