Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has everyone calmed down yet? 16:01 - Jan 18 with 3070 viewsacejack3065

I have finally. A nice bottle of Gower Power to accompany my roast dinner has cheered me right up.

It's distracted me from the tyrannical regime at the club. I no longer care about our crooked board who can't expand a stadium that they don't own, or the manager who's done nothing since taking over from the best manager in the history of association football. I don't even care that winning 1-0 isn't good enough anymore. I still prefer losing 2-0 to Yeovil at home but it's fine because it's only a game at the end of the day.

Looking forward to some FA cup action on Saturday instead.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:11 - Jan 18 with 2576 viewskarnataka

Yes, I've calmed down. It took me until about the Thursday morning to get the Spurs defeat out of my system because we really should have won that game but I think I was more or less over yesterday's defeat by the time I got home at about 7.15pm because I wasn't expecting us to win, hoping yes, expecting, no. Agreed, the margin of defeat was sickening but in the grand scheme of things, losing to Chelsea is not a season defining result because most of the teams below us will still have to play them.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:18 - Jan 18 with 2547 viewsacejack3065

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:11 - Jan 18 by karnataka

Yes, I've calmed down. It took me until about the Thursday morning to get the Spurs defeat out of my system because we really should have won that game but I think I was more or less over yesterday's defeat by the time I got home at about 7.15pm because I wasn't expecting us to win, hoping yes, expecting, no. Agreed, the margin of defeat was sickening but in the grand scheme of things, losing to Chelsea is not a season defining result because most of the teams below us will still have to play them.

I still have nightmares over that Spurs result. I think that could well stick in the consciousness for a while.

Yeah we lost 5-0 and yes we were crap but it happens. It's also more likely to happen when you're playing the best teams in the world every other week. Since we arrived at the top table we've held our own most weeks but yesterday we didn't. Hopefully the players and Garry will learn that we can be just as susceptible to a thumping as any other team in the division.

Also don't gift the champions-elect two goals.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:19 - Jan 18 with 2547 viewsjack247

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:11 - Jan 18 by karnataka

I had calmed down by half time. Now and then you get battered by a much better side and us fans just have to accept it. Agree completely, the Spurs defeat was much harder to take.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:19 - Jan 18 with 2537 viewsperchrockjack

I just hope our Players haven't and are looking to wipe that game from our memory banks.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:24 - Jan 18 with 2531 viewsdgt73

Why people get worked up for is beyond me 😄 monk being called a coward, monk shouldn't be manager😄 all complete rubbish of course. The biggest problem yesterday was Chelsea being to good (by miles) for us.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:33 - Jan 18 with 2515 viewsApeShit

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:24 - Jan 18 by dgt73

Why people get worked up for is beyond me 😄 monk being called a coward, monk shouldn't be manager😄 all complete rubbish of course. The biggest problem yesterday was Chelsea being to good (by miles) for us.

Some fans are more passionate than others, its not a new thing.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:35 - Jan 18 with 2508 viewsacejack3065

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:24 - Jan 18 by dgt73

Chelsea were good, we were crap, monk picked the wrong team. Fairly basic football scenario really.

Monk a coward? He didn't dodge the draft or anything like that ffs. People need to quit the keyboard warrioring if that's their perspective of reality and football.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:39 - Jan 18 with 2500 viewsdgt73

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:33 - Jan 18 by ApeShit

Some fans are more passionate than others, its not a new thing.

No i don't think that's the case at all. I stayed for the full match and sung and chanted throughout. It's more a case of some people not being able to see the wood for the trees.😄

Login to get fewer ads

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:40 - Jan 18 with 2495 viewsApeShit

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:39 - Jan 18 by dgt73

No i don't think that's the case at all. I stayed for the full match and sung and chanted throughout. It's more a case of some people not being able to see the wood for the trees.😄

Well done.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:43 - Jan 18 with 2489 viewsdgt73

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:40 - Jan 18 by ApeShit

Well done.

Thankyou.👍

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:43 - Jan 18 with 2487 viewsacejack3065

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:39 - Jan 18 by dgt73

Hammer meet nail.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:48 - Jan 18 with 2474 viewsGeoffThom

I calmed down last night with a night on the beer in wind street and the thought of even arsenal and Chelsea plus others get a hiding now and again brought me solace ,my only real thought was why we didn't at some point in the game turn it into a cup tie and go long and chuck it into the mixer at free kicks ,baffled me that we still played it short to the boy Carroll who was having a shocker ?
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 18:25 - Jan 18 with 2381 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We could have even played desperate football like some teams I could mention and tried kicking their players off the field in frustration as they have done to us when we play sublime football.
But that is not our way, but what was thoroughly disappointing was the lack of closing down by quite a few players.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 18:39 - Jan 18 with 2364 viewsOldjack

Knocked clean out in the first round !! ffs dust yourself down , learn to duck next time and move on

Blackburn we're coming for you !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 21:20 - Jan 18 with 2257 viewsPegojack

Yes, I think I've calmed down, but my despair and embarrassment at the way we rolled over without so much as a squeak has been replaced by a dull ache of worry in the back of my mind.

I appreciate that we were without Ki, Montero, Britton and Shelvey (though the latter's not much of a loss to my mind), but I am worried that Garry felt that line up and system had a hope in hell of stemming Chelsea. I worry at the way we gifted them the game (it's not a nice feeling knowing that the game is effectively over after 50 seconds), I worry that we showed no fight whatsoever, I worry that I can remember only one serious tackle put in by a Swans player in the first 45 minutes, I worry that our squad is clogged up with so many poor, mediocre or deeply out of form players whose wages and very presence prevent us looking for able replacements, I worry that we've just sold our best ever striker and his successor seems to be making noises to the effect he doesn't want to be here. I worry that we are starting to look like losers and I'm not just talking about getting a thrashing from Chelsea, I worry that the 'Blackpool syndrome' is about to hit us big time.

In short, not a happy bunny.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 21:25 - Jan 18 with 2239 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 21:20 - Jan 18 by Pegojack

Yes, I think I've calmed down, but my despair and embarrassment at the way we rolled over without so much as a squeak has been replaced by a dull ache of worry in the back of my mind.

I appreciate that we were without Ki, Montero, Britton and Shelvey (though the latter's not much of a loss to my mind), but I am worried that Garry felt that line up and system had a hope in hell of stemming Chelsea. I worry at the way we gifted them the game (it's not a nice feeling knowing that the game is effectively over after 50 seconds), I worry that we showed no fight whatsoever, I worry that I can remember only one serious tackle put in by a Swans player in the first 45 minutes, I worry that our squad is clogged up with so many poor, mediocre or deeply out of form players whose wages and very presence prevent us looking for able replacements, I worry that we've just sold our best ever striker and his successor seems to be making noises to the effect he doesn't want to be here. I worry that we are starting to look like losers and I'm not just talking about getting a thrashing from Chelsea, I worry that the 'Blackpool syndrome' is about to hit us big time.

Me too.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 21:38 - Jan 18 with 2198 viewsmonmouth

See how you feel at the end of February mun. If we're still on 30 points that's the time to hit the bottle.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 08:11 - Jan 19 with 2104 viewsLeonisGod

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 16:19 - Jan 18 by jack247

I had calmed down by half time. Now and then you get battered by a much better side and us fans just have to accept it. Agree completely, the Spurs defeat was much harder to take.

^^^ this for me. Dare I say it, with nothing to be gained for us, I actually enjoyed watching some of those Chelsea players in the second half. Once the shock had gone and people accepted we were on a hiding to nothing, the atmosphere improved at it was decent entertainment.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 08:14 - Jan 19 with 2100 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hey now come on. You obviously can't see the wood for the trees...........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 08:22 - Jan 19 with 2083 viewsNOTRAC

That sums up what a lot of us are thinking at the moment.
Add the disruption in the boardroom with the American involvement(which seems to be dragging on and on),I think there is every reason to be a little bit worried.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 08:28 - Jan 19 with 2074 viewshammy

You're obviously a glass half empty kind of person ;)

Even Mourinho admitted that Chelsea would struggle without their best 3 defensive midfielders. We had to play our weakest line up of the season against the best team in the league and we gifted them a couple of easy goals. I see this as a one off at the moment and will not be panicking unless we fail to win any games by the end of February.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 08:39 - Jan 19 with 2054 viewsNOTRAC

There has been a tremendous amount of criticism this season about Angel Rangel.
However our worst performances,yesterday, Liverpool , Spurs, have all been when he hasn't been picked or has been subbed.
He has never been a great defender but he has been and still is, one of the best attacking full backs in the Premiership, and I think at the moment we drop him at our peril.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 09:30 - Jan 19 with 1998 viewsPegojack

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 08:39 - Jan 19 by NOTRAC

However our worst performances,yesterday, Liverpool , Spurs, have all been when he hasn't been picked or has been subbed.
He has never been a great defender but he has been and still is, one of the best attacking full backs in the Premiership, and I think at the moment we drop him at our peril.

(Sorry, this is a reply to Hammy's post, not Notrac) Fair comment, I can be a bit pessimistic at times, but as I said in my post, I'm not just unhappy about the thrashing and the manner of it, I'm unhappy about several aspects of the club at present, on the field and off.

On the field, I'm concerned about where our goals are going to come from for the rest of the season, with two drastically out of form wingers and a striker who sets new lows in moaning, even for a Frenchman.

Most of all, I'm concerned about our weaknesses in midfield, with Leon continuing to struggle with injury, a loose cannon in Shelvey, and a mediocre loanee in Carroll. Sorry, I know some people rate him, but he's too lightweight for me, lively yes, but not the kind of guy we really need, the kind we tried and failed to sign in pre season (Tadic, Stambouli?), a physical, hard tackling, box to box midfielder.

I'm now going off to read up on the Asian Cup, to find out when we'll at least get Ki back....
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 9:40]
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 09:43 - Jan 19 with 1983 viewsLeonisGod

Has everyone calmed down yet? on 08:39 - Jan 19 by NOTRAC

His defending ability is seriously underrated. It become standard on here that he's only an attacking full-back. I don't think he's been particularly impressive going forward this season compared to some. But he's very solid defending - much more aware of danger than anyone else we have in that role. It's just because he won't win a foot race against some very speedy forwards that some people think he's poor. It's a cliche, but the first yard is in his head.
Has everyone calmed down yet? on 09:47 - Jan 19 with 1977 viewsPegojack

Just to round off my post above, the Asian Cup final is on 31 January. They've just finished the group stages. The bad news is that S Korea look odds on favourites. Hopefully, we'll get Ki back and raring to go in the first wek of Feb.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024