Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transition period 19:25 - Jan 24 with 3510 viewsSwan91

Don't you think that our results are mainly because of the fact we have to change our tactics and way we play now that Bony has gone? Instead of kicking it up to Bony and starting our attack that way we have now got to play in a whole different way.

I feel it will take a few games more and with new signings and Ki coming back I think that results will start going our way once we get used to the changes. I see this as just a poor run based on a transition period than us just being terrible.
Transition period on 19:29 - Jan 24 with 3489 viewsStarsky

I thought like that before this game...

Now I'm not so sure. Lack of discipline Again during the game and denial by GM in the post match interview.

What I'm dreading now is January panic buying and wasting the Bony money.

We've never bought well in January.

Trouble is... Have we got what it takes to get through to end of season?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 19:30]

It's just the internet, init.

Transition period on 19:42 - Jan 24 with 3459 viewsdickythorpe

Some of our players look as if their brains are going to explode when things go wrong.

We are lacking leaders on the field plus grit and steel.
Transition period on 19:44 - Jan 24 with 3452 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Its not at all a transition period. We've been playing poorly long before Bony left. Anyone who follows us every week should be able to see this.

Come on you Swans.

Transition period on 19:54 - Jan 24 with 3420 viewsunion_jack

Transition period on 19:42 - Jan 24 by dickythorpe

Some of our players look as if their brains are going to explode when things go wrong.

Absolutely!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Transition period on 00:10 - Jan 25 with 3336 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Transition period on 19:42 - Jan 24 by dickythorpe

I agree with you there

We could do with a midfield general with a cool head
Transition period on 00:23 - Jan 25 with 3319 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transition period on 00:10 - Jan 25 by TenkosBlondeWig

I agree with you there

We could do with a midfield general with a cool head

Conceding a goal against a championship side within 90 seconds of us scoring would never have happened with a decent leader on the pitch.

As much as I love Rangel, I've never seen him as captain material. Nobody has come close to martinez or monk in the captain's role
Transition period on 00:28 - Jan 25 with 3308 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There wasn't a captain on the pitch today .

Ash wasn't involed , if he played ,the ash Haters would be out in force.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transition period on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 3222 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Williams aside there is no leader in the squad !!!

Despite being fans favourites over the years I honestly think the transition period has started.

Everyone has an expiry date and it is unfortunate that Angel, Dyer, Routledge and Britton seem to be reaching this. Sometimes when you are in the same job for too long you get complacent, sometimes your time is up.

I think these 4 who have been favourites of mine are in decline.

Naughty will come in for Angel which is fine, but we still have not found a replacement for Britton. Carrol is not the answer for me although he is neat and tidy. We need someone who is a leader and got some experience in the DM role. Unfortunately they cost money !!!!

As for the wide men, Barrow has potential but is nowhere near starting 11 consistently and then Emnes is just a squad player so we need to spend some money there too.

If you think about it we do need to invest in the squad more than I originally thought. Its ok to buy young players cheaply and try and develop them in the Under 21's but we need starting 11 players NOW !
Login to get fewer ads

Transition period on 13:57 - Jan 25 with 3125 viewssomersetsimon

Transition period on 00:28 - Jan 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

There wasn't a captain on the pitch today .

Ash wasn't involed , if he played ,the ash Haters would be out in force.

When both Ash and Leon are missing, then we so look particularly rudderless when things go wrong.
Transition period on 19:59 - Jan 26 with 3033 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Transition period on 13:57 - Jan 25 by somersetsimon

When both Ash and Leon are missing, then we so look particularly rudderless when things go wrong.

We cannot rely on them two forever
Transition period on 07:35 - Jan 27 with 2916 viewsKilkennyjack

Transition period on 11:05 - Jan 25 by TenkosBlondeWig

Despite being fans favourites over the years I honestly think the transition period has started.

Everyone has an expiry date and it is unfortunate that Angel, Dyer, Routledge and Britton seem to be reaching this. Sometimes when you are in the same job for too long you get complacent, sometimes your time is up.

Naughty will come in for Angel which is fine, but we still have not found a replacement for Britton. Carrol is not the answer for me although he is neat and tidy. We need someone who is a leader and got some experience in the DM role. Unfortunately they cost money !!!!

As for the wide men, Barrow has potential but is nowhere near starting 11 consistently and then Emnes is just a squad player so we need to spend some money there too.

If you think about it we do need to invest in the squad more than I originally thought. Its ok to buy young players cheaply and try and develop them in the Under 21's but we need starting 11 players NOW !

I agree about carrol, simply not ready. End.

Beware of the Risen People

Transition period on 08:13 - Jan 27 with 2888 viewsNOTRAC

Transition period on 11:05 - Jan 25 by TenkosBlondeWig

It's not those players that are the problem,it's the players who have come in to replace them.
Rangel's name is continuously mentioned these days as a weakness, yet when he is dropped the players that have been chosen instead of him have been far ,far worse.
Leon Britton we have definitely missed It would be interesting to know what the injury actually is, as he has missed so many games this year.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Transition period on 08:32 - Jan 27 with 2863 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transition period on 07:35 - Jan 27 by Kilkennyjack

I agree about carrol, simply not ready. End.

Yet we're apparently ready to waste 5 million on him.............

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transition period on 08:36 - Jan 27 with 2857 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The transition period started pre season. We've lost players like KDG and not replaced with anything near the same quality (and I was never his biggest fan in all honesty). We stopped pass and move because we don't have the key players with the ability to keep or decently pass the ball. Being found out big time now.

Transition period on 09:34 - Jan 27 with 2790 viewsZut_Alors

Transition period on 08:36 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

The transition period started pre season. We've lost players like KDG and not replaced with anything near the same quality (and I was never his biggest fan in all honesty). We stopped pass and move because we don't have the key players with the ability to keep or decently pass the ball. Being found out big time now.

We're 9th in the league, with the best points total we've had at this stage. How exactly are we being found out?

We've lost our best player and have had an injury to one of the key midfielders. Yes, we need to strengthen, but your attitude seems a bit OTT.
Transition period on 11:52 - Jan 27 with 2734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transition period on 09:34 - Jan 27 by Zut_Alors

We're 9th in the league, with the best points total we've had at this stage. How exactly are we being found out?

We've lost our best player and have had an injury to one of the key midfielders. Yes, we need to strengthen, but your attitude seems a bit OTT.

Yes we are ninth at the moment. So you don't think our style has change from pass and move to hit and hoof? Wilf's goals have papered over the cracks a bit bit I'm deeply worried about where this team (and of course in the greater scheme of things the club) is headed.

Transition period on 12:13 - Jan 27 with 2720 viewsC_jack

The problem has been under the surface with Bony in the side.

It was Bony who was dragging the team by its arse at times.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Transition period on 13:48 - Jan 27 with 2679 viewssully49

These a professional football players we are talking about, very well-payed ones as it goes. We buy players to go to the very same place as they've always played. The vast majority of OUR team has been here for quite a while, but some of our new acquisitions just haven't performed. Bony going has really hurt undoubtedly but he's gone, end of, if Gomis wants to go then let him, Oliveria could step in now, can he? Or the players rumoured to be coming must happen sooner rather than later.

We have known the weakness in the team with a few coming to the end of their time, in the premiership terms, at least, but this hasn't just happened now it's been discussed here on numerous occasions. We are now frantically buying players in the hope we get the pickings that nobody else wanted. If we are recognised as one of the wealthiest clubs why don't we pay the money for a quality, proven striker? It can't be solely down to wages, surely not? We are looking at buying the stadia, after all.
With Southampton to come, now this is a team where all their new signings, and there were a few are doing their day jobs very well. 1 point will do now, please.

Or are the Directors looking for the Americans to come riding over the hillside to rescue us with their $$$$? All this said we are still 9th in the league with little chance of relegation but if we don't sort out the last 2 debacles we will slip down.

It is vital now we really get behind GM and his team and help to raise their games not be booing or walking out but singing on the top of ALL, not just the east stand, our voices.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Transition period on 14:39 - Jan 27 with 2663 viewsLeonisGod

Transition period on 19:44 - Jan 24 by MyFinalHeaven

Its not at all a transition period. We've been playing poorly long before Bony left. Anyone who follows us every week should be able to see this.

Agreed. Even in the earlier part of the season at times we were grinding out results without playing well (or that should probably be 'attractively'). I've not enjoyed watching us as much this year despite our excellent league position after the first half of the season (which was good I assume we can all agree on that). There are some notable exceptions of course - the Wet Spam home match was thoroughly enjoyable and played at a higher tempo and that wasn't so long ago at all. That gives me hope that this January blip can easily be overcome and we'll get some swagger back and start picking up more points soon enough. Knowing us, we'll turn the bookies on their head and get a result down in S'ton.
Transition period on 15:13 - Jan 27 with 2655 viewssully49

Transition period on 14:39 - Jan 27 by LeonisGod

Agreed. Even in the earlier part of the season at times we were grinding out results without playing well (or that should probably be 'attractively'). I've not enjoyed watching us as much this year despite our excellent league position after the first half of the season (which was good I assume we can all agree on that). There are some notable exceptions of course - the Wet Spam home match was thoroughly enjoyable and played at a higher tempo and that wasn't so long ago at all. That gives me hope that this January blip can easily be overcome and we'll get some swagger back and start picking up more points soon enough. Knowing us, we'll turn the bookies on their head and get a result down in S'ton.

No, you're absolutely right it's so easy to only see the last 2 games and not the overview of our season so far. I especially hope you're equally right in your last paragraph.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Transition period on 16:39 - Jan 27 with 2634 viewskarnataka

If you ask me, this transition period started on 16th August at Old Trafford when we took the field without Britton or de Guzman who had been the mainstays and focal points of our pass and move football for 2 whole seasons. Both Leon and JdG have that instinctive knack of always being able to find space in a position to give whoever is on the ball an option of a pass 99% of the time, no matter where the ball is on the field. The player would often have other options of course, but one or the other or even both, was always there for them so our play almost never had to stutter or stop and the opposition must have felt like we had 13 players on the pitch at times. Those 2 were the oil in a very slick machine, an oil that clearly hasn't been there this season and the machine isn't working anything like as smoothly and sometimes doesn't seem to work at all. Ki has been excellent and goes some way to playing a similar role and Tom Carroll could eventually get there but it's clearly a transition for them too and without Ki these last few games, we've stalled.

So without our oil and hence our much praised ability to string 30 or 40 passes together (let's face it, we rarely get into double figures these days), we've had to adapt and find different ways of solving the problem of scoring goals and the obvious one was to get the ball to Wilf as quickly and as often as possible and this became Plan A and it sometimes meant bypassing midfield altogether which would have been a punishable offence in recent seasons gone by. Sometimes he'd be isolated and have his back to goal, but with his ox like strength he could wait for support from wide and midfield positions so it still worked. Now he's gone so it's back to the drawing board, the transition continues and at the moment, it's difficult to see when it's going to stop.
Transition period on 20:39 - Jan 27 with 2564 viewsstonedroses

transition period???
this has been coming for a long time. think back to the burnley, Leicester, Newcastle, crystal palace and west ham games at home. burnley won 1-0 hammered after our goal. Leicester won 2-0 give the ball away so many times but won because they were very poor. Newcastle drew 2-2 we were very sloppy and showed poor defending for their two goals. crystal palace hammered them for the first twenty minutes, scored and then showed sloppy defending (loosing the ball when they were in an advanced position) when they looked like championship opposition. west ham? we just cant cope with carrol. I cant even think how to control him against the swans. dyer, routledge if they were England potential then they would have been sold years ago and have been poor recently. rangel will always be a Swansea legend as dyer and routs have been but I think their time is up. please don't get me started on gomis. we play one way and with injuries and suspensions you can see how threadbare our squad is. our subs bench would struggle in the top half of league one. we've gone stale. on our current form we are gonna be finishing way down the league after such a great start. are teams finding us out again? (please don't reply with "do you know where we were 10 or 12 years ago, that's a life time away). ps why has curt been pushed to the back of the bench, replaced by O'Leary?????
Transition period on 22:18 - Jan 27 with 2519 views1462jack

Transition period on 16:39 - Jan 27 by karnataka

If you ask me, this transition period started on 16th August at Old Trafford when we took the field without Britton or de Guzman who had been the mainstays and focal points of our pass and move football for 2 whole seasons. Both Leon and JdG have that instinctive knack of always being able to find space in a position to give whoever is on the ball an option of a pass 99% of the time, no matter where the ball is on the field. The player would often have other options of course, but one or the other or even both, was always there for them so our play almost never had to stutter or stop and the opposition must have felt like we had 13 players on the pitch at times. Those 2 were the oil in a very slick machine, an oil that clearly hasn't been there this season and the machine isn't working anything like as smoothly and sometimes doesn't seem to work at all. Ki has been excellent and goes some way to playing a similar role and Tom Carroll could eventually get there but it's clearly a transition for them too and without Ki these last few games, we've stalled.

So without our oil and hence our much praised ability to string 30 or 40 passes together (let's face it, we rarely get into double figures these days), we've had to adapt and find different ways of solving the problem of scoring goals and the obvious one was to get the ball to Wilf as quickly and as often as possible and this became Plan A and it sometimes meant bypassing midfield altogether which would have been a punishable offence in recent seasons gone by. Sometimes he'd be isolated and have his back to goal, but with his ox like strength he could wait for support from wide and midfield positions so it still worked. Now he's gone so it's back to the drawing board, the transition continues and at the moment, it's difficult to see when it's going to stop.

Cracking post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024