Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disrespecting the cup 23:28 - Jan 24 with 2427 viewsProfessor

Both lily on 606 and MOTD have said we did this due to 5 changes. Given two were injury, another return from suspension and one a usual starter this seems unjustified and making us an easy target. Apart from centre backs that was a strong starting line up. I feel we are being victimised
Disrespecting the cup on 23:30 - Jan 24 with 2409 viewsdickythorpe

Feck me the whole PL have disrespected the cup.

When Fergi pulled Manure out the value of this cup diminished forever.

Ask Wigan and Portsmouth if they'd swap their cup final wins for a spot in the PL
Disrespecting the cup on 23:39 - Jan 24 with 2350 viewssixpenses

Just ignorance and going on the number of changes without looking what these were

Actually perhaps it is better if they think we played a weakened team - so say nowt

Their manager were in no doubt we had played a strong team as he was asked about us playing a weakened team and he said he thought quite the reverse
Disrespecting the cup on 23:42 - Jan 24 with 2341 viewsdickythorpe

Blackburn resting Gestede and Rhodes was amazing!!!
Disrespecting the cup on 23:49 - Jan 24 with 2318 viewsDevz00

Disrespecting the cup on 23:39 - Jan 24 by sixpenses

Just ignorance and going on the number of changes without looking what these were

Actually perhaps it is better if they think we played a weakened team - so say nowt

Their manager were in no doubt we had played a strong team as he was asked about us playing a weakened team and he said he thought quite the reverse

Yes, this. It jus shows how lazy they are as pundits. Robbie Fowler claiming on MoTD that "for me, Monk has disrespected the competition" just because they said we made 5 changes. Incredible really.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Disrespecting the cup on 23:58 - Jan 24 with 2283 viewssketty_jack

I had to laugh when gabby and Robbie fowler came out with that rubbish about disrespecting the cup. Absolutely clueless.
Disrespecting the cup on 23:59 - Jan 24 with 2279 viewslonglostjack

Glad I'm not paying the licence. Seriously FA Cup coverage is much better on BBC because they do the big events better than the commercials. But they don't half waste some money on tossers.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Disrespecting the cup on 00:05 - Jan 25 with 2260 viewsSgorioFruit

We direspected the cup and disrespected the club by playing Tiendalli and Amat today.
Seriously, what the hell are they even doing near a Swans shirt? Utter utter nonsense.

Didnt take it seriously at all.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Disrespecting the cup on 00:31 - Jan 25 with 2217 viewsDevz00

Disrespecting the cup on 00:05 - Jan 25 by SgorioFruit

We direspected the cup and disrespected the club by playing Tiendalli and Amat today.
Seriously, what the hell are they even doing near a Swans shirt? Utter utter nonsense.

Didnt take it seriously at all.

Really? Are you being serious?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

Disrespecting the cup on 00:38 - Jan 25 with 2202 viewsBloodyhills

I think Tottenham made 9 changes and Jenarse said that was ok as it was squad rotation but Swansea changing 5 players was disrespecting the cup. Hypocrasy writ large.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Disrespecting the cup on 01:03 - Jan 25 with 2166 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Disrespecting the cup on 00:31 - Jan 25 by Devz00

Naaahh he's sgoriofruit and he's having a laugh

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Disrespecting the cup on 01:50 - Jan 25 with 2119 viewsJBT95

Disrespecting the cup on 00:38 - Jan 25 by Bloodyhills

I think Tottenham made 9 changes and Jenarse said that was ok as it was squad rotation but Swansea changing 5 players was disrespecting the cup. Hypocrasy writ large.

To be fair to the guy, and Spurs, that fixture yesterday was slap bang in-between a 2nd legged semi final. Fowler said players should be able to play 2 games in a week and yes, but then where do you draw the line? All 5 games, PL-LC-FA-LC-PL, in a 2 week period with the same XI or two changes a game etc? Plus before that they had the replay with Burnley 3 days earlier and if they had drawn with Leicester that is another replay 3/4 days after their next PL game.

Whereas we had one game a week in all competitions, but yeah 2 of the changes were forced due to injuries and another was a return from suspension plus Rangel being reinstated.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 1:51]
Disrespecting the cup on 06:29 - Jan 25 with 2057 viewsjack247

We lost yesterday because of the early sending off. It wasn't our strongest starting 11, but it was a long way from a reserve team. No way were we not taking it seriously
Disrespecting the cup on 08:14 - Jan 25 with 1984 viewsjacksinceever

Disrespecting the cup on 06:29 - Jan 25 by jack247

We lost yesterday because of the early sending off. It wasn't our strongest starting 11, but it was a long way from a reserve team. No way were we not taking it seriously

We lost yesterday because we weren't at the races. One man down and one goal up. No excuse for that result.
anyone who makes any excuses for the last two results is kidding themselves.
Disrespecting the cup on 09:00 - Jan 25 with 1918 viewsStarsky

Disrespecting the cup on 08:14 - Jan 25 by jacksinceever

We lost yesterday because we weren't at the races. One man down and one goal up. No excuse for that result.

Now you're talking.
Agreed.

It's just the internet, init.

Disrespecting the cup on 09:07 - Jan 25 with 1900 viewsjack247

I agree we weren't at the races. I have no doubt we would have controlled that game with an extra man in midfield though, even with half the team being under par. That's not because everything is rosy in the garden. It's because Blackburn are an average Championship side who started without their two best goalscorers
Disrespecting the cup on 09:09 - Jan 25 with 1899 views1462jack

Exactly mate to many people burying their heads in the sand , there is a problem , I can't put my finger on it but something ain't right
Disrespecting the cup on 09:19 - Jan 25 with 1874 viewsSgorioFruit

Disrespecting the cup on 00:31 - Jan 25 by Devz00

Of course i am

The pair are a bag of useless shit, playing the same shitty football that we played under Laudrup.
We need a massive shake up.

Disrespecting the cup on 10:06 - Jan 25 with 1803 viewsdobjack2

We were absolute gash. The pundits must rate us higher than we think because they are putting the changes as the reason for the performance not the players or tactics.
Disrespecting the cup on 10:33 - Jan 25 with 1767 viewsPegojack

I agree that accusing us of disrespecting the cup is tosh, but did we disrespect Blackburn, or maybe underestimate is a better word? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when we went down to ten men, should Monk have decided to keep numbers in midfield and sacrifice a winger instead? Again in hindsight, Dyer would have been my choice to come off, but I suppose Monk would have chosen Barrow, given his inexperience.

I was appalled at how much space Blackburn were given going forward in the second half, and how we were incapable of holding on to possession. I feel an extra body in midfield and a more conservative approach, making sure we didn't lose as opposed to grabbing an unlikely win, would have been a better tactic.

EDIT: I've just seen that Monmouth (probably the best poster on here) has made the same point in another thread earlier. Apologies for nicking your comment.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 10:41]
Disrespecting the cup on 16:08 - Jan 25 with 1634 viewsStarsky

Disrespecting the cup on 09:19 - Jan 25 by SgorioFruit

Of course i am

The pair are a bag of useless shit, playing the same shitty football that we played under Laudrup.
We need a massive shake up.

How would you know?
You hardly watch us... FACT

Disrespecting the cup on 16:22 - Jan 25 with 1598 viewsAJ101

It's just pundits being pundits. If you make changes and win it's good squad management if you make changes and lose it's disrespectful. If you keep the same side and win it's due to continuity if you lose it's down to players being tired.

Unless you do something like send out your U17 side I don't see how making changes is disrespectful in any way, squad players need game time to stay sharp and it's useful for a manger to see them in a competitive game.

Of course players can play two games in a week (not really relevant to most teams this weekend but similar things are said all the time) but most can't continuously play at their best for 50+ games a season.

You'd hope managers make decisions based on what's best for their team over a combination of the short, medium and long term it's very easy for pundits to second guess them, do you think anyone would have said anything about the changes if you'd won 1-0 yesterday?
Disrespecting the cup on 16:31 - Jan 25 with 1578 viewsairedale

I think th( after the sending off, they should have put Feddy on and taken the striker off.
Disrespecting the cup on 16:33 - Jan 25 with 1568 viewsStarsky

Disrespecting the cup on 16:31 - Jan 25 by airedale

I think th( after the sending off, they should have put Feddy on and taken the striker off.

Feck no...
Gomis would have rung the French Embassy if we'd taken him off.

Disrespecting the cup on 17:13 - Jan 25 with 1510 viewsSgorioFruit

Disrespecting the cup on 16:08 - Jan 25 by Starsky

How would you know?
You hardly watch us... FACT

The pair are a bag of useless dog shit FACT

Disrespecting the cup on 17:15 - Jan 25 with 1500 viewsPhil_S

Every single one of those players has featured quite often for us in the league this season - its easy punditry to say disrespecting the cup when they hear about multiple changes but they never look any further than that

Fact is - as witnessed by the crowds at various games yesterday - the FA Cup doesn't hold as much interest as it used to
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024