Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... 08:42 - Jan 25 with 13031 viewsConcerned_Parent

he had to deal with Williams, Monk, and Tate complaining about him to Jenkins behind his back? I heard rumours about this but I always wanted to know if they were true. I do know that Monk had criticized Laudrup's training and said it wasn't intensive enough, and Tate came out and said that he never got on with him and that he wasn't his type of person.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:45 - Jan 25 with 2041 viewsPhil_S

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

My money's on Monk to get the job.

That will provoke some interesting discussions
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:45 - Jan 25 with 2041 viewsJonJack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:40 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

You have no idea what you've just done.

It is ironic that when you usually tell people to calm the **** down they do the complete opposite.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 2018 viewsPhil_S

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:45 - Jan 25 by JonJack

It is ironic that when you usually tell people to calm the **** down they do the complete opposite.

Like a no smoking sign on your cigarette break
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:53 - Jan 25 with 2005 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by JonJack

Laudrup took 24 points out of 24 games whilst in charge the season he was sacked while Monk took 18 points out of 14 games (I'll let you do the maths).

The fact is he had lost the dressing room and Monk did very well to steady the ship whilst a few Spaniards were throwing their toys out of the pram during the rest of that season.

There is also the argument that Swansea performed well in spite of Laudrup that year as he didn't want to sign Wilfried Bony as he wanted Aspas instead.

I've heard stories of his unprofessionalism towards the end. He apparently refused to meet Tom Ince, he gave a 20 second team talk at West Ham which was pretty much "watch them with the high balls" and the training was poor making the players unfit.

It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done.

As for Monk he's had a great start this season. There has been a few injuries recently but realistically we've had a heavy beating playing the best team in Britain when we had a patched up team out and we lost a game against lesser opposition yesterday because of an early red card. Calm the **** down perhaps is the advice.

Except Monk didn't have to deal with a whole host of injuries, the European distraction, and players meddling behind his back.

And yes, it is quite ironic that Monk criticized Sousa for switching off in the 2nd half when admittedly he's done far worse in 2nd halves and maintaining a lead than Sousa ever did.

Come on you Swans.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:18 - Jan 25 with 1917 viewsjack247

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:14 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Unfortunately the stats don't back this up - even with all the injuries and crowded fixture list

Look at Dav's graphs you will see how we plummeted after the Laudrup sacking

We never got near to the almost identical like for like points with the previous amazing year that Laudrup was on when he was sacked 24 games in.

The previous amazing year is absolutely irrelevant. If he had produced another season like that, he wouldn't have got sacked, in fact he probably would have gone to Barcelona or somewhere. He was sacked because we were on a downward spiral and being sucked into a relegation battle. I'm pretty sure we picked up more points per game after Monk took over.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:27 - Jan 25 with 1901 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I'm wondering what topic Laudrup ever had to discuss with Tate?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:29 - Jan 25 with 1894 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:27 - Jan 25 by NeiltheTaylor

I'm wondering what topic Laudrup ever had to discuss with Tate?

What the beer is like in the Wern. Laudrup was looking for somewhere to go for his Sunday dinner.

Poll: Tory leader

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:31 - Jan 25 with 1892 viewsDizzy

Colin Appleton should have been given more time.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:32 - Jan 25 with 1891 viewssixpenses

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:18 - Jan 25 by jack247

The previous amazing year is absolutely irrelevant. If he had produced another season like that, he wouldn't have got sacked, in fact he probably would have gone to Barcelona or somewhere. He was sacked because we were on a downward spiral and being sucked into a relegation battle. I'm pretty sure we picked up more points per game after Monk took over.

Well actually despite all the problems after the 24 games he was just I PL point short of the points total he earned for the corresponding PL games in his previous amazing season. So I would say it is very relevant. Especially as we could not come close to that after even with the late wins we got after going on our longest run of games without a win since promotion under the new stewardship.

This is in addition to a great run in Europe - which we were still in when he left

And keeping us in the FA Cup having beaten Manu at theirs for the first time in our history to achieve this

With all the games and ongoing major injuries (up to 8 first team injuries at one time) I would say it was pretty amazing especially with certain players deciding rather than support him during this time use it to pursue their own agenda. Despite all this we were 12th after his last game and 4 points off relegation, With easier matches coming up and the team just coming into full fitness. Which interestingly is when we chose to sack him.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:37 - Jan 25 with 1877 viewsAnotherJohn

For the record I thought our run during Laudrup's final season was bad enough to put him in the frame for the sack (though my own view is that we would have escaped relegation because of easier fixtures and players returning from injury). There are questions that I would love answered, however. One, mentioned in the thread, concerns that nature of the 'cliques' and whether the actions of a senior player clique may be just as damaging in the longer term as those of the Spanish boys. The other issue that interests me is transfer policy. On the one hand there are rumours of Tutumlu's self-interested transfer dealings, while on the other are stories of two opposed scouting camps, with the UK- based scouts looking to sign Championship players and Laudrup wanting to look to Europe. It is hard to say where the truth lies, but I suspected at the time that Tutumlu's attempted wheeling and dealing was more about power and ego than making money, and that this went down just as badly with Huw as financial wrongdoing would have done. I also suspect that Huw was much keener than Laudrup in finding bargains like Emnes and Ngog, and had grave doubts about big money signings like Bony that only happened because ML pushed so hard. It was my impression that Laudrup became disillusioned towards the end because we did not invest in the players he had identified, but that is understandable given our history of prudent financial management (and in fact you could say we ended up with two from ML's list). Although these events are over a year in the past, they are still relevant because they help explain how we got to where we are now. We mere fans don't have enough information to evaluate decisions taken at that time, but I hope that those who do are taking on board any lessons because I think we are entering a tricky period.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 12:40]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:41 - Jan 25 with 1858 viewswetjack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:32 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Well actually despite all the problems after the 24 games he was just I PL point short of the points total he earned for the corresponding PL games in his previous amazing season. So I would say it is very relevant. Especially as we could not come close to that after even with the late wins we got after going on our longest run of games without a win since promotion under the new stewardship.

This is in addition to a great run in Europe - which we were still in when he left

And keeping us in the FA Cup having beaten Manu at theirs for the first time in our history to achieve this

With all the games and ongoing major injuries (up to 8 first team injuries at one time) I would say it was pretty amazing especially with certain players deciding rather than support him during this time use it to pursue their own agenda. Despite all this we were 12th after his last game and 4 points off relegation, With easier matches coming up and the team just coming into full fitness. Which interestingly is when we chose to sack him.

I hate to shatter your illusion but we had 34 points after 24 games in his first season

34-24 = 10 not 1

We then got 12 points in the next 14 games added to the 24 in 24 before he was sacked made for 36 points in his last 38 games

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:43 - Jan 25 with 1849 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:41 - Jan 25 by wetjack

I hate to shatter your illusion but we had 34 points after 24 games in his first season

34-24 = 10 not 1

We then got 12 points in the next 14 games added to the 24 in 24 before he was sacked made for 36 points in his last 38 games

Cut him some slack Mate he's not a well man.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:43 - Jan 25 with 1848 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:41 - Jan 25 by wetjack

34-24 = 10 not 1

Is that true, that in Laudrup's last 38 games we got 36 points? Relegation form that...

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:51 - Jan 25 with 1828 viewssixpenses

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by JonJack

Laudrup took 24 points out of 24 games whilst in charge the season he was sacked while Monk took 18 points out of 14 games (I'll let you do the maths).

The fact is he had lost the dressing room and Monk did very well to steady the ship whilst a few Spaniards were throwing their toys out of the pram during the rest of that season.

There is also the argument that Swansea performed well in spite of Laudrup that year as he didn't want to sign Wilfried Bony as he wanted Aspas instead.

I've heard stories of his unprofessionalism towards the end. He apparently refused to meet Tom Ince, he gave a 20 second team talk at West Ham which was pretty much "watch them with the high balls" and the training was poor making the players unfit.

It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done.

As for Monk he's had a great start this season. There has been a few injuries recently but realistically we've had a heavy beating playing the best team in Britain when we had a patched up team out and we lost a game against lesser opposition yesterday because of an early red card. Calm the **** down perhaps is the advice.

Yep as ECB said I will counter all this later with attendant graphs and stats - the basic problem is you are assuming beating a bottom club is the same as beating a top club which obviously is a major flaw in your argument. Or that it should be as easy to beat a team we normally lose to as it is to beat a team we always do well against.

You are are also assuming operating with an almost fully fit team and well spaced fixtures is the same as operating with a 50% more crowded fixture list and up to 8 first team players injured with major injuries over many weeks. Which is the second major flaw in your argument. Just look at those fixtures around Dec / Jan.

Believe me I have already done the maths - but even discounting these major issues he was still on track to keep us up on straight points alone

In fact if you like stats I think Monk (even after we thankfully had those few late wins) had over his period in charge lost PL points (compared with like to like games in the previous season) at I think it was an amazing 5 times that of Laudrup, despite operating in much more favourable circumstances.

Didn't want to sign Bony......
- Bony was signed because Huw agreed to strengthen to get ML to stay
- Huw made it clear how unhappy he was at parting with the money.
- Bony made it clear the reason he favoured our club was because we offered European football.
- European football was only on offer because Laudrup had earned it for us in arguably our most successful season in our 100 year history
- Aspas was one of Laudrups first choices as his style fitted our team. As soon as Bren saw Laudrup was after Aspas he went for him and he was basically left to rot on the bench
- Bony's goals only made the difference of 1 additional PLpoint up to Laudrup leaving
- He was also injured and by his own admission had PL fitness issues for which he was given special training to overcome. That with a lack of preseason meant instead of having a striker that would fit right in for the many games ahead he had to bring Bony up to speed and change our playing style to suit his far less mobile style. Still even in those early days and scoring few PL goals he was getting twice the playing time of Gomis and all the European time he wanted
- So basically Laudrup was bringing him up to full strength for Monk whilst also keeping all the other balls in the air

REFUSED TO MEET TOM INCE
You are still having difficulty differentiating the lies put out by interested parties to assassinate Laudrup's character from the truth. Remember our Chairman issued a statement asking for it to stop saying the stories turned his stomach and declared Laudrup the most genuine and honest person you could meet. It was clearly reported in the press that Laudrup talked to them when they visited

I think I have explained that it was the Club and Team Captain that were throwing their toys out of the pram from the outset. If Laudrup did not mind Chico having coco pops (if indeed this story is true). What business was it of Monk to "throw his toys out of the pram" by trying to impose his will on a first team player and undermining the manager. We know Monk liked to openly criticise others with Sousa (when he ironically complained of his failure to maintain second halves) and we have seen it since. Although wasn’t it said that one of Canas / Poz was actually protecting Angel from attack by JJS. As SccobyWho put it his problem seemed to be that he would not take a beating from Shelvey.

Were you in the dressing room at West Ham. Do you recall that month WHam won all their games and only 1 team managed a goal against them. Do you remember they had held Chelsea at the Bridge just before our game. I was at the game and it was not worse than we fared away this season. Laudrup said how disappointed he was as they had worked on nulling that threat in training. Seems we still had not learned that lesson this season. Of course by West Ham according to a number it was common knowledge (except to Laudrup) that he was going. I cannot imagine what the atmosphere was like with the 2 Captains working against him to achieve this. Ash for some games had been providing no leadership on the pitch and was regularly behaving very bad temperedly which was very noticable to me at games before I was aware of any of this

"It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done". Pretty obvious that a couple with much to gain would be complaining anyway specially if their egos were not being fed. But if they had the guts to say it to his face I am not so sure. Given Monk said in the press he wanted a fresh start perhaps going behind Laudrup's back was more productive for him. Laudrup seemed totally unaware of the sacking when it was said it was common knoweledge they wanted rid of him. Why did the Chairman not sort this our from the outset? N'gog and Emnes were even said on here to be Huw's way to get him to walk and thus save compo, in the same way Sousa was pushed out. Complaining to Laudrup's face would have given him the chance to put it right - that was not what was wanted as proved with the strange goings on when they shook hands and said he should stay then sacked him hours later by email.

"The best team in Britain" - that would be the one that had only won 1 game in the last 5 before playing us, when we were tactically clueless and the players looked lost, whilst Monk hid on the bench, later taking the extraordinary step of apologizing for being so bad to the opposition manager. The team that Bradford with a magnificent performance put to the sword 2-4 at the Bridge. Having the massive character to come form 2 goals down. Please don't complain about a few injuries when Laudrup was dealing with massive ongoing injuries up to 8 first team players and a 50% more crowded fixture list whilst keeping all the balls in the air - yet it was said on here that would have made no difference to his performance.

My advice to you face the facts and use the truth to make your case
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:52 - Jan 25 with 1823 viewsAnotherJohn

@wetjack

I think you will find that the calculation is based on taking the same fixtures or equivalents from the previous season,so we are not comparing the first 24 fixtures from the two seasons in a straightforward way. We had an unusually tough run of games against the top clubs early in ML's second season.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 12:57]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:52 - Jan 25 with 1782 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dear God...

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:56 - Jan 25 with 1759 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:52 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Dear God...

He's ill and if anyone disagrees theyre iller.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:59 - Jan 25 with 1746 viewsperchrockjack

sixpences NOW TOO MUCH. iS TRULY WEIRD.
hOW COULD A MERE FAN KNOW ALL THAT.

The love in on here as regards LAUDRUP possibly shows us our biggest failings as fans and that is hiraeth- longing for the past_ well life moves on and quite why an emotion free man like Laudrup is so genuinely loved still is beyond me.

Monk seems pretty hapless right now but LAUDRUP S insouciance was simply an affront to our club. He s not exactly been in that much demand since he left.

Character free, lazy ,arrogant and utterly disinterested .we re well rid

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:06 - Jan 25 with 1726 viewsAnotherJohn

Yep, we must move on, but it also seems weird that some are not prepared to discuss what may have happened. What did Santayana say? Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 13:07]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:15 - Jan 25 with 1698 viewssixpenses

34-24 = 10 not 1

Perhaps you need to review the concept of like for like games

i.e ManU Away first season compared with ManU away 2nd season simples
Rather than compare ManCity away with Leicester home for e.g.

A common tool used to give more meaning to how we are doing as shown on stats issued on this site.

Also not very realistic to roll one season into another

Our PL position was almost a straight line after Christmas in that first season so pretty constant
Given Liverpool with Suarez taking off were uncatchable and except for that poor final game against Fulham (which we definitely should have won) we would have finished 8th. In fact if we had not had a good goal disallowed at Brom we would have also finished 8th

There were some harder games after the cup and post cup euphoria also would have an impact. We could not catch Liverpool at 7th so had little motivation. Except for Fulham point out any game we lost that we should have won in that post COC period. The only other real disappointment was that disallowed good goal at Brom that cost us a point and gave them 3.

Just for clarification you don't get relegated across the results at the end of one season and the start of the next. You play each team home and away. That is why like for like game stats are much more indicative of how we are doing.

If you want to take that approach you might want to consider what we have achieved in our games this season after our first 3 wins and how we are going downhill. That with what has been called our strongest team ever. Certainly our most expensive.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:15 - Jan 25 with 1695 viewsC_jack

Let's be honest, for anyone to get sacked in any line work, it probably requires someone of influence to make a complaint or stab someone in the back

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:20 - Jan 25 with 1672 viewswetjack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:15 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Perhaps you need to review the concept of like for like games

i.e ManU Away first season compared with ManU away 2nd season simples
Rather than compare ManCity away with Leicester home for e.g.

A common tool used to give more meaning to how we are doing as shown on stats issued on this site.

Also not very realistic to roll one season into another

Our PL position was almost a straight line after Christmas in that first season so pretty constant
Given Liverpool with Suarez taking off were uncatchable and except for that poor final game against Fulham (which we definitely should have won) we would have finished 8th. In fact if we had not had a good goal disallowed at Brom we would have also finished 8th

There were some harder games after the cup and post cup euphoria also would have an impact. We could not catch Liverpool at 7th so had little motivation. Except for Fulham point out any game we lost that we should have won in that post COC period. The only other real disappointment was that disallowed good goal at Brom that cost us a point and gave them 3.

Just for clarification you don't get relegated across the results at the end of one season and the start of the next. You play each team home and away. That is why like for like game stats are much more indicative of how we are doing.

If you want to take that approach you might want to consider what we have achieved in our games this season after our first 3 wins and how we are going downhill. That with what has been called our strongest team ever. Certainly our most expensive.

The only like for like games that matter are the number that you have played and the number of points you have

You cannot just compare Man Utd away in one season compared to Man Utd away in the next. Fitness, team selection of us and opposition, weather etc all take a factor

the simple fact is that you cannot handle that Laudrup had gone dramatically backwards in the time that he was here when you look at second season to the first, the only way you would doubt that is if you wanted it to be wrong

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:29 - Jan 25 with 1651 viewssixpenses

Also it is rather pointless discussing performance as Laudrup was not sacked for performance (which would have been a much more straightforward path for the club if they thought poor performance was easy to prove)

He was sacked for not upholding the Swansea way - or as Huw put it

"the club’s ‘strong principles were slowly being eroded’ under Laudrup"

Recall Laudrup asked Huw why he was sacked (when he phoned him after receiving the email telling him he was sacked - a few hours after Huw had shook his hand and agreed he should continue - just before Huws "rethink").

Huw could not seem to provide any substantial explanation and recall it took some days for the club to actually provide a letter outlining the reasons for sacking - which included all these nebulous issues. Why bother if you had a strong case to sack on results you would just do that - unless you knew you did not have a strong case.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:29 - Jan 25 with 1651 viewsjack247

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:32 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

So 24 points from 24 games then (according to Jon above). If we lose our next 8 games, Monk will have 30 points from 30 games and I guarantee you that would get him sacked.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 13:40 - Jan 25 with 1628 viewsicecoldjack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:51 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Yep as ECB said I will counter all this later with attendant graphs and stats - the basic problem is you are assuming beating a bottom club is the same as beating a top club which obviously is a major flaw in your argument. Or that it should be as easy to beat a team we normally lose to as it is to beat a team we always do well against.

You are are also assuming operating with an almost fully fit team and well spaced fixtures is the same as operating with a 50% more crowded fixture list and up to 8 first team players injured with major injuries over many weeks. Which is the second major flaw in your argument. Just look at those fixtures around Dec / Jan.

Believe me I have already done the maths - but even discounting these major issues he was still on track to keep us up on straight points alone

In fact if you like stats I think Monk (even after we thankfully had those few late wins) had over his period in charge lost PL points (compared with like to like games in the previous season) at I think it was an amazing 5 times that of Laudrup, despite operating in much more favourable circumstances.

Didn't want to sign Bony......
- Bony was signed because Huw agreed to strengthen to get ML to stay
- Huw made it clear how unhappy he was at parting with the money.
- Bony made it clear the reason he favoured our club was because we offered European football.
- European football was only on offer because Laudrup had earned it for us in arguably our most successful season in our 100 year history
- Aspas was one of Laudrups first choices as his style fitted our team. As soon as Bren saw Laudrup was after Aspas he went for him and he was basically left to rot on the bench
- Bony's goals only made the difference of 1 additional PLpoint up to Laudrup leaving
- He was also injured and by his own admission had PL fitness issues for which he was given special training to overcome. That with a lack of preseason meant instead of having a striker that would fit right in for the many games ahead he had to bring Bony up to speed and change our playing style to suit his far less mobile style. Still even in those early days and scoring few PL goals he was getting twice the playing time of Gomis and all the European time he wanted
- So basically Laudrup was bringing him up to full strength for Monk whilst also keeping all the other balls in the air

REFUSED TO MEET TOM INCE
You are still having difficulty differentiating the lies put out by interested parties to assassinate Laudrup's character from the truth. Remember our Chairman issued a statement asking for it to stop saying the stories turned his stomach and declared Laudrup the most genuine and honest person you could meet. It was clearly reported in the press that Laudrup talked to them when they visited

I think I have explained that it was the Club and Team Captain that were throwing their toys out of the pram from the outset. If Laudrup did not mind Chico having coco pops (if indeed this story is true). What business was it of Monk to "throw his toys out of the pram" by trying to impose his will on a first team player and undermining the manager. We know Monk liked to openly criticise others with Sousa (when he ironically complained of his failure to maintain second halves) and we have seen it since. Although wasn’t it said that one of Canas / Poz was actually protecting Angel from attack by JJS. As SccobyWho put it his problem seemed to be that he would not take a beating from Shelvey.

Were you in the dressing room at West Ham. Do you recall that month WHam won all their games and only 1 team managed a goal against them. Do you remember they had held Chelsea at the Bridge just before our game. I was at the game and it was not worse than we fared away this season. Laudrup said how disappointed he was as they had worked on nulling that threat in training. Seems we still had not learned that lesson this season. Of course by West Ham according to a number it was common knowledge (except to Laudrup) that he was going. I cannot imagine what the atmosphere was like with the 2 Captains working against him to achieve this. Ash for some games had been providing no leadership on the pitch and was regularly behaving very bad temperedly which was very noticable to me at games before I was aware of any of this

"It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done". Pretty obvious that a couple with much to gain would be complaining anyway specially if their egos were not being fed. But if they had the guts to say it to his face I am not so sure. Given Monk said in the press he wanted a fresh start perhaps going behind Laudrup's back was more productive for him. Laudrup seemed totally unaware of the sacking when it was said it was common knoweledge they wanted rid of him. Why did the Chairman not sort this our from the outset? N'gog and Emnes were even said on here to be Huw's way to get him to walk and thus save compo, in the same way Sousa was pushed out. Complaining to Laudrup's face would have given him the chance to put it right - that was not what was wanted as proved with the strange goings on when they shook hands and said he should stay then sacked him hours later by email.

"The best team in Britain" - that would be the one that had only won 1 game in the last 5 before playing us, when we were tactically clueless and the players looked lost, whilst Monk hid on the bench, later taking the extraordinary step of apologizing for being so bad to the opposition manager. The team that Bradford with a magnificent performance put to the sword 2-4 at the Bridge. Having the massive character to come form 2 goals down. Please don't complain about a few injuries when Laudrup was dealing with massive ongoing injuries up to 8 first team players and a 50% more crowded fixture list whilst keeping all the balls in the air - yet it was said on here that would have made no difference to his performance.

My advice to you face the facts and use the truth to make your case

Tremendous post.

I 100% agree with everything you say, i'm sure many others do too.

Some of the senior players have ego's that make them believe they are bigger than the club, being indulged by directors hasn't helped the bigger picture here.

Manager's being stabbed in the back by players is nothing new, monk will need to be careful the same thing doesn't happen to him.

Those that live by the sword..

The players don't seem to be playing for the manager like they were earlier in the season, that is clear to see from everyone including the directors of the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024