Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... 08:42 - Jan 25 with 13135 viewsConcerned_Parent

he had to deal with Williams, Monk, and Tate complaining about him to Jenkins behind his back? I heard rumours about this but I always wanted to know if they were true. I do know that Monk had criticized Laudrup's training and said it wasn't intensive enough, and Tate came out and said that he never got on with him and that he wasn't his type of person.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:46 - Jan 25 with 1854 viewswaynekerr55

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:39 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

Is there anywhere that said they did? The only news I see and the reports I heard are the ones that said they went behind his back. I have yet to hear anything that suggests they ever spoke to him directly about their grievances.

Believe it or not ankles ran a story on Annis Abrahams board saying that in the pre season of the first year about players hammering training from day 1. From what I was told 4 players went to him and told him it wasn't good enough.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:33 - Jan 25 with 1808 viewsJokeren1943

As far as I can see, the Swansea players ain't in better or worse physical shape then when Laudrup was manager. As far as I can see, they (Tate and Monk) just did'ent like him as coach and were cowards and went behind the Swansea teams back and cried in the crap media.

The Reality
To me the situation is the same as last winter when we are missing some of our best players (this time Ki, Montero and Bony), the team struggles. When Ki, Montero are back for real Swansea will play okay again.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 18:27]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:40 - Jan 25 with 1793 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:33 - Jan 25 by Jokeren1943

As far as I can see, the Swansea players ain't in better or worse physical shape then when Laudrup was manager. As far as I can see, they (Tate and Monk) just did'ent like him as coach and were cowards and went behind the Swansea teams back and cried in the crap media.

The Reality
To me the situation is the same as last winter when we are missing some of our best players (this time Ki, Montero and Bony), the team struggles. When Ki, Montero are back for real Swansea will play okay again.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 18:27]

Plus the fact you can't see much with your head up Laudrups arse of course.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:52 - Jan 25 with 1758 viewsicecoldjack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:40 - Jan 25 by Darran

You seem to do ok with your head stuck up Sumblers Ar$e though..
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:54 - Jan 25 with 1752 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:52 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

Thank you.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 17:10 - Jan 25 with 1741 viewslibertine

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

My money's on Monk to get the job.

absolutely no chance who would take a risk like that

that sort of stuff don't happen in the premier

has he got his patches.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 17:23 - Jan 25 with 1716 viewslibertine

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 12:51 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Yep as ECB said I will counter all this later with attendant graphs and stats - the basic problem is you are assuming beating a bottom club is the same as beating a top club which obviously is a major flaw in your argument. Or that it should be as easy to beat a team we normally lose to as it is to beat a team we always do well against.

You are are also assuming operating with an almost fully fit team and well spaced fixtures is the same as operating with a 50% more crowded fixture list and up to 8 first team players injured with major injuries over many weeks. Which is the second major flaw in your argument. Just look at those fixtures around Dec / Jan.

Believe me I have already done the maths - but even discounting these major issues he was still on track to keep us up on straight points alone

In fact if you like stats I think Monk (even after we thankfully had those few late wins) had over his period in charge lost PL points (compared with like to like games in the previous season) at I think it was an amazing 5 times that of Laudrup, despite operating in much more favourable circumstances.

Didn't want to sign Bony......
- Bony was signed because Huw agreed to strengthen to get ML to stay
- Huw made it clear how unhappy he was at parting with the money.
- Bony made it clear the reason he favoured our club was because we offered European football.
- European football was only on offer because Laudrup had earned it for us in arguably our most successful season in our 100 year history
- Aspas was one of Laudrups first choices as his style fitted our team. As soon as Bren saw Laudrup was after Aspas he went for him and he was basically left to rot on the bench
- Bony's goals only made the difference of 1 additional PLpoint up to Laudrup leaving
- He was also injured and by his own admission had PL fitness issues for which he was given special training to overcome. That with a lack of preseason meant instead of having a striker that would fit right in for the many games ahead he had to bring Bony up to speed and change our playing style to suit his far less mobile style. Still even in those early days and scoring few PL goals he was getting twice the playing time of Gomis and all the European time he wanted
- So basically Laudrup was bringing him up to full strength for Monk whilst also keeping all the other balls in the air

REFUSED TO MEET TOM INCE
You are still having difficulty differentiating the lies put out by interested parties to assassinate Laudrup's character from the truth. Remember our Chairman issued a statement asking for it to stop saying the stories turned his stomach and declared Laudrup the most genuine and honest person you could meet. It was clearly reported in the press that Laudrup talked to them when they visited

I think I have explained that it was the Club and Team Captain that were throwing their toys out of the pram from the outset. If Laudrup did not mind Chico having coco pops (if indeed this story is true). What business was it of Monk to "throw his toys out of the pram" by trying to impose his will on a first team player and undermining the manager. We know Monk liked to openly criticise others with Sousa (when he ironically complained of his failure to maintain second halves) and we have seen it since. Although wasn’t it said that one of Canas / Poz was actually protecting Angel from attack by JJS. As SccobyWho put it his problem seemed to be that he would not take a beating from Shelvey.

Were you in the dressing room at West Ham. Do you recall that month WHam won all their games and only 1 team managed a goal against them. Do you remember they had held Chelsea at the Bridge just before our game. I was at the game and it was not worse than we fared away this season. Laudrup said how disappointed he was as they had worked on nulling that threat in training. Seems we still had not learned that lesson this season. Of course by West Ham according to a number it was common knowledge (except to Laudrup) that he was going. I cannot imagine what the atmosphere was like with the 2 Captains working against him to achieve this. Ash for some games had been providing no leadership on the pitch and was regularly behaving very bad temperedly which was very noticable to me at games before I was aware of any of this

"It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done". Pretty obvious that a couple with much to gain would be complaining anyway specially if their egos were not being fed. But if they had the guts to say it to his face I am not so sure. Given Monk said in the press he wanted a fresh start perhaps going behind Laudrup's back was more productive for him. Laudrup seemed totally unaware of the sacking when it was said it was common knoweledge they wanted rid of him. Why did the Chairman not sort this our from the outset? N'gog and Emnes were even said on here to be Huw's way to get him to walk and thus save compo, in the same way Sousa was pushed out. Complaining to Laudrup's face would have given him the chance to put it right - that was not what was wanted as proved with the strange goings on when they shook hands and said he should stay then sacked him hours later by email.

"The best team in Britain" - that would be the one that had only won 1 game in the last 5 before playing us, when we were tactically clueless and the players looked lost, whilst Monk hid on the bench, later taking the extraordinary step of apologizing for being so bad to the opposition manager. The team that Bradford with a magnificent performance put to the sword 2-4 at the Bridge. Having the massive character to come form 2 goals down. Please don't complain about a few injuries when Laudrup was dealing with massive ongoing injuries up to 8 first team players and a 50% more crowded fixture list whilst keeping all the balls in the air - yet it was said on here that would have made no difference to his performance.

My advice to you face the facts and use the truth to make your case

damn good post
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 17:24 - Jan 25 with 1712 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 17:23 - Jan 25 by libertine

damn good post

lol

Login to get fewer ads

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 17:36 - Jan 25 with 1684 viewsblueytheblue

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:46 - Jan 25 by waynekerr55

Believe it or not ankles ran a story on Annis Abrahams board saying that in the pre season of the first year about players hammering training from day 1. From what I was told 4 players went to him and told him it wasn't good enough.

Anus and Ankles are usually always wrong about the club they claim to support; doubt they'd know much about your mob.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 17:46 - Jan 25 with 1662 viewsicecoldjack

On the USA tour Laudrup had to deal with senior players shouting the odds and finger pointing at him RE the training, this was witnessed by people connected to the club and the media.

Laudrup apparently offered to quit, Monk gave out a statement to the mail denying any unrest, we thumped QPR,West Ham and a few others and the senior pro's looked like a bunch of mugs, the lines were drawn ever since then.

Laudrup looked to move out Gower, Tate,Monk and wanted to phase out Leon and Ash, offering Ash around europe via tutu none of this happened and the senior players won through.

Apparently..
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 17:49]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 18:21 - Jan 25 with 1596 viewslibertine

I realise its been done before and been successful in the past

but how easy is it to take orders off your ex team mate/equal.

Especially when things aren't going so well and you may disagree with their decisions opinions, imagine being siggy being made to play a position you are not competent in. Hes a well controlled character yet he lost it yesterday.

respect has do be earned not demanded or with some managers respect travels with you as with ML he was also pull for good players.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:24 - Jan 25 with 1592 viewsJokeren1943

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:52 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 18:38]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 18:26 - Jan 25 with 1585 viewsJokeren1943

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 16:40 - Jan 25 by Darran

Hahah

Not as far up, as your head is up in Monk's pale xxx
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 18:37 - Jan 25 with 1570 viewsJokeren1943

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 15:40 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup rated Aspas, Schechter and Vasquez.

We were f*cked every which way.

Laudrup brought in far more quality then failure - for extremly few money.

And beside (Aspas who we did'nt get) the other two players were cheap loans (calulated risks).
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 18:38]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 18:53 - Jan 25 with 1554 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 18:26 - Jan 25 by Jokeren1943

Hahah

Not as far up, as your head is up in Monk's pale xxx

I like you Joke. (Not in a gay way obviously)

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:08 - Jan 25 with 1519 viewsperchrockjack

Not that keen on Danes from my old speedway days.

Sullen fookers , clever and hard riders though.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:13 - Jan 25 with 1517 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:08 - Jan 25 by perchrockjack

Not that keen on Danes from my old speedway days.

Sullen fookers , clever and hard riders though.

This one looks like she could ride a throbbing beast.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:16 - Jan 25 with 1503 viewsicecoldjack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:13 - Jan 25 by Darran

Is that Londonlisa ?
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:17 - Jan 25 with 1500 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:16 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

Is that Londonlisa ?

Don't be ridiculous Lisa is better looking than that.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:21 - Jan 25 with 1488 viewsperchrockjack

Seems she has a small box.

Those Danes like Olsen and gander son took no prisoners and Nikki Peterson a chunt too..joker een will understand as speedway very big in Denmark.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:25 - Jan 25 with 1485 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:13 - Jan 25 by Darran

Massive Swans fan by the looks of it.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:28 - Jan 25 with 1478 viewsDarran

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:25 - Jan 25 by NeiltheTaylor

Massive Swans fan by the looks of it.

Indeed.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 19:41 - Jan 25 with 1452 viewsdgt73

Fcuking hell win a couple of games and hopefully these thick as shite c-nts will crawl back under whatever stone they crawled out from under..........

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 20:30 - Jan 25 with 1410 viewswaynekerr55

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 17:36 - Jan 25 by blueytheblue

Anus and Ankles are usually always wrong about the club they claim to support; doubt they'd know much about your mob.

What was that saying about a clock that's stopped is still right twice a day

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 23:01 - Jan 25 with 1336 viewsperchrockjack

Seems she has a small box.

Those Danes like Olsen and gander son took no prisoners and Nikki Peterson a chunt too..joker een will understand as speedway very big in Denmark.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024