Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury 11:40 - Jan 25 with 1221 viewsPhil_S

The disappointment of yesterday's FA Cup performance is still strong but this morning I was reminded of the words of Brendan Rodgers just three months after we got promoted to the Premier League and they probably ring true after the last two performances.

Read more at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/37647
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 12:21 - Jan 25 with 1187 viewsperchrockjack

yES.

I was very cross driving home and my tea (dinner) was cold

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 12:27 - Jan 25 with 1185 viewsBuzz481

Gomis needs to go, he's not good for his team mates or for Swansea City he is overrated and I would think overpaid, he looks clueless in front of goal despite being provided quality balls. I also wonder what has happened to the Swansea way of passing, no one looks comfortable on the ball, the defence look clueless, we now have no recognised striker left ( I'm not including Gomis as I have seen better strikers in lower leagues) has Monk changed the way Swansea play? Gone is the crisp passing and build up play, the wide men hug the touchline now and seem afraid to take players on like they did under Martinez, Rogers and possibly Laudrup. I think Swansea (monk) need to go back to what Swansea are famed for, possession with fast accurate passing and wide men that can terrorise opposition defences with a solid striker waiting that has ability to score goals (Gomis will never have that) oh well, rant over..... And it's only my opinion....
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 12:51 - Jan 25 with 1154 viewsperchrockjack

BUT he IS the main?only striker and unless we have one who is able and willing to walk straight in to replace him we have to keep him.

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 13:47 - Jan 25 with 1095 viewsBuzz481

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 12:51 - Jan 25 by perchrockjack

BUT he IS the main?only striker and unless we have one who is able and willing to walk straight in to replace him we have to keep him.

I don't disagree with you, but there must be a striker out there even if it is in the Championship that is better than Gomis and would jump at the chance to play Premiership, it's the job of the scouts and management to find this player
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 14:01 - Jan 25 with 1078 views3swan

"For me it is definitely not the fact that we have been beaten in the last two games but all about how easily we have allowed ourselves to be beaten."

That's how it has always been, never mind which division we have been in.

Always accept defeat if the team gave their all. Some performances this season have been way off with a very careless attitude shown.

It's always the manner of defeat that maters
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 1070 viewsperchrockjack

Buzz.he would have be ready to come in the side

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 14:12 - Jan 25 with 1061 viewslondonlisa2001

Good reminder of the fact that things are never always going to be rosy for us - we are not a big enough club for that to be the case, so we will have good weeks and bad weeks. This week has been dreadful.

Thankfully, I had to work all day yesterday, so my involvement in the match extended as far as coming in, going to my Sky Planner, and deleting the recording of he game without pressing play! Similarly with MOTD recording as well this morning.

I have seen the carnage on here since. Some of it is understandable, and some of it sadly predictable (not about the team, about the previous regime change).

It seems to me that there are a couple of actual issues that urgently need addressing amongst all the overblown hysteria.

Firstly Gomis. If the guy simply does not want to be here, then we HAVE to get rid of him this week. The last thing we need is a cancerous influence in the dressing room and around the club. I know that Monk has praised his attitude, but reading the match report yesterday, on here and elsewhere, it seems that may be more to do with ensuring a price for him. There are surely forwards out there that we have been tracking and monitoring and even though we may pay more in January, it has to be better than running the risk of keeping a bad egg around the squad. Write it off to experience maybe.

Secondly midfield. It seems to me that the drop off this month has coincided with the absence of Ki. We just do not have any strength in midfield at all. I like Carroll, but not as a primary holding midfielder and we seem to be really missing the calming influence of Ki. Shelvey is an AM and doesn't fill that role particularly well either. In my opinion, we HAVE to use some of the Bony money to invest in a really top notch holding / defensive midfielder. The entire way we play has been based on Leon doing that for the past three seasons, and this year, without him (at his previous standard) and without Ki at the moment, our entire game falls apart and we look a shambles.

Finally - the wings. Dyer, for whatever reason has been very poor recently and that means that we don't have an outlet. I believe that we are looking for another wide player and it can't come soon enough. Montero has been excellent on the left and I think Barrow will be as well, but it's not fair on the boy to expect him to do it for 90 minutes every week at the moment. I'd actually rather see Emnes there for a while than Dyer.

This is a real transition for us - a few of our team are getting to that point of beginning to start to lose 5% or so at the same time (not surprising since they were all bought at roughly the same time). But I can only hope that the holding pattern that the Board seem to be adopting at the moment (fall over the line, and concentrate exclusively on infrastructure) doesn't bite us on the backside. In particular, they have obviously been distracted this year with the whole US investor thing - best for everyone if this is sorted one way or another, since we need full concentration from those that run the club at the moment, not time spent looking at catalogues of yachts and dreaming of the Maldives.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 14:16]
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 14:22 - Jan 25 with 1041 views3swan

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 14:12 - Jan 25 by londonlisa2001

Good reminder of the fact that things are never always going to be rosy for us - we are not a big enough club for that to be the case, so we will have good weeks and bad weeks. This week has been dreadful.

Thankfully, I had to work all day yesterday, so my involvement in the match extended as far as coming in, going to my Sky Planner, and deleting the recording of he game without pressing play! Similarly with MOTD recording as well this morning.

I have seen the carnage on here since. Some of it is understandable, and some of it sadly predictable (not about the team, about the previous regime change).

It seems to me that there are a couple of actual issues that urgently need addressing amongst all the overblown hysteria.

Firstly Gomis. If the guy simply does not want to be here, then we HAVE to get rid of him this week. The last thing we need is a cancerous influence in the dressing room and around the club. I know that Monk has praised his attitude, but reading the match report yesterday, on here and elsewhere, it seems that may be more to do with ensuring a price for him. There are surely forwards out there that we have been tracking and monitoring and even though we may pay more in January, it has to be better than running the risk of keeping a bad egg around the squad. Write it off to experience maybe.

Secondly midfield. It seems to me that the drop off this month has coincided with the absence of Ki. We just do not have any strength in midfield at all. I like Carroll, but not as a primary holding midfielder and we seem to be really missing the calming influence of Ki. Shelvey is an AM and doesn't fill that role particularly well either. In my opinion, we HAVE to use some of the Bony money to invest in a really top notch holding / defensive midfielder. The entire way we play has been based on Leon doing that for the past three seasons, and this year, without him (at his previous standard) and without Ki at the moment, our entire game falls apart and we look a shambles.

Finally - the wings. Dyer, for whatever reason has been very poor recently and that means that we don't have an outlet. I believe that we are looking for another wide player and it can't come soon enough. Montero has been excellent on the left and I think Barrow will be as well, but it's not fair on the boy to expect him to do it for 90 minutes every week at the moment. I'd actually rather see Emnes there for a while than Dyer.

This is a real transition for us - a few of our team are getting to that point of beginning to start to lose 5% or so at the same time (not surprising since they were all bought at roughly the same time). But I can only hope that the holding pattern that the Board seem to be adopting at the moment (fall over the line, and concentrate exclusively on infrastructure) doesn't bite us on the backside. In particular, they have obviously been distracted this year with the whole US investor thing - best for everyone if this is sorted one way or another, since we need full concentration from those that run the club at the moment, not time spent looking at catalogues of yachts and dreaming of the Maldives.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 14:16]

Very similar to a conversation I had this morning.

The core of our team as you say have lost a percentage, not through fault but career catching up.
Too many things happening at once.
Team strengthening
Ground purchase
Ground expansion
External investment
Login to get fewer ads

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 15:02 - Jan 25 with 999 viewsABERSWAN

Just hope no clubs had any scouts at the game yesterday,watching Gomis! We would be lucky to get a bag of footballs and new nets for him,after his performance. Strangely,I thought he would be on fire yesterday,just to show everyone how good he could be,but he would have had trouble trapping a bag of cement!
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 16:15 - Jan 25 with 917 viewsStarsky

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 12:21 - Jan 25 by perchrockjack

yES.

I was very cross driving home and my tea (dinner) was cold

I remember how cross you were.
You didn't hide it well at the time.

It's just the internet, init.

Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 16:27 - Jan 25 with 908 viewsjacaranda

We should buy a player called Goscore and see how that goes.
Amat to move into midfield.
Remember When We Lost To Shrewsbury on 19:17 - Jan 25 with 792 viewsperchrockjack

Starks.

True story.

We having our rear garden re designed and one of the planners found a broken becks bottle which was jettisoned after one of our defeats. Missus gave me another booolocking...

That drive from shrovebury was something else. I would have twitted anyone stall who d have said anything at all to me.

The only chip shop near was closed too and had to make do with Pringles which I found in the boot.matt the Jack was there though and the lovely Lisa. Thrybmakeca lovely pair.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024