Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. 14:34 - Jan 25 with 2561 viewsicecoldjack

.. not sure if he felt the need to pin blame onto anyone but in fairness to him it's a fair assessment .

Do you think Monk publically dressing down his players in the press is starting to pee a few of them off?
We know that many managers will never publically criticize playing staff but Monk has done it quite a few times already.

The players are normally the first ones to be harsh on themselves after dropping a bollok do they need to read it in the press from the manager as well ?

It didn't seem to work with Jonjo that's for sure ! lol

Thoughts? should it be kept in house or does pointing out players failings in the press get the required effect ?

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 1959 viewsicecoldjack

http://www.squawka.com/news/swansea-boss-garry-monk-laments-gylfi-sigurdsson-and
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:38 - Jan 25 with 1944 viewsItchySphincter

Managers criticising players in public only has one outcome in my opinion.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 1931 viewsDafyddHuw

I don't understand this tendency Monk has to publicly blame players.
It does nothing for their or the team's morale.
It's certainly not what he learned whilst understudying Rogers/Martinez.
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:41 - Jan 25 with 1916 viewsScoobyWho

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:39 - Jan 25 by DafyddHuw

I don't understand this tendency Monk has to publicly blame players.
It does nothing for their or the team's morale.
It's certainly not what he learned whilst understudying Rogers/Martinez.

It's called a compete lack of managerial experience and a complete lack of managerial skills. He has been pushing a bag of air round all his life he is hardly going to be the best and most Intelligent motivator and strategic thinker.

Hence this latest nonsense.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:46 - Jan 25 with 1883 viewsicecoldjack

I certainly don't know what the the positive could be, i know his assessment is fair but managers don't tend to rub salt into the wounds of his players, it seems to be more a deflection tactic than anything else.

Monk said “When you go down to ten men so early, all the preparation you do in the week goes out of the window.
“And it’s meant we’ve gone out of the cup which is very disappointing because we wanted a run in this competition.”

"“Kyle should have seen the danger coming. All they were looking for was long ball over the top and centre halves need to get the right positioning early in a game and Kyle didn’t."

Im notsure what the point of it is, making a mug out of one of your players can't be healthy, though in fairness to Garry you can't argue with his words!
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:50 - Jan 25 with 1859 viewsApeShit

I think it should be dealt with in house, privately.

Shows a lack of respect for the players involved.
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:52 - Jan 25 with 1843 viewsNeiltheTaylor

It's only a matter of time before players have their say in public.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:52 - Jan 25 with 1839 viewsMattG

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:46 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

I certainly don't know what the the positive could be, i know his assessment is fair but managers don't tend to rub salt into the wounds of his players, it seems to be more a deflection tactic than anything else.

Monk said “When you go down to ten men so early, all the preparation you do in the week goes out of the window.
“And it’s meant we’ve gone out of the cup which is very disappointing because we wanted a run in this competition.”

"“Kyle should have seen the danger coming. All they were looking for was long ball over the top and centre halves need to get the right positioning early in a game and Kyle didn’t."

Im notsure what the point of it is, making a mug out of one of your players can't be healthy, though in fairness to Garry you can't argue with his words!

The thing is, taking the comments quoted in that article as a whole, he actually suggests that both of them were a bit hard done by.

On Bartley, "when you’re the last man you run the risk because the referee will always side with the attacker".

On Gylfi, "It wasn’t reckless or dangerous but the referee couldn’t wait to get his red out".

Perhaps he could have said things differently but I'm not sure it's quite the hanging out to dry that people are trying to make it out to be.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:53 - Jan 25 with 1832 viewstherealme

Yep, players are so precious these days, and the way the media is, you just don't do it. Fergie realised that

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:54 - Jan 25 with 1828 viewsDizzy

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:50 - Jan 25 by ApeShit

I think it should be dealt with in house, privately.

Shows a lack of respect for the players involved.

The players showed a lack of respect to the shirt. Fk em.
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 15:00 - Jan 25 with 1789 viewsoldcob

Players don't seem eager to get the ball now, or try something 'off the cuff'. In short they seem reluctant to take responsibility. I never thought of it before but maybe they are afraid of making a mistake and getting publicly lampooned by the manager. No-one seems to be playing with a smile on their faces thats for sure.
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 15:01 - Jan 25 with 1785 viewsexiledclaseboy

Of course if Monk steadfastly refuse to make any public criticism of his players when they've been as lamentably awful as they have been in the last two games this thread would be about how he's too soft on his underperforming squad.

Ho hum.

Poll: Tory leader

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 15:02 - Jan 25 with 1773 viewsskippyjack

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/monk-left-disappointed-with-cup-defea

He seems angry, frustrated and determined.. I think he's waking up a bit.. I think we're going to give Southampton a game.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 15:11 - Jan 25 with 1727 viewsDarran

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 15:01 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Of course if Monk steadfastly refuse to make any public criticism of his players when they've been as lamentably awful as they have been in the last two games this thread would be about how he's too soft on his underperforming squad.

Ho hum.

You're having a great day today Andrew fair play.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 15:50 - Jan 25 with 1653 viewsblaine_scfc

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:35 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

http://www.squawka.com/news/swansea-boss-garry-monk-laments-gylfi-sigurdsson-and

I think his comments there are fair enough. Gylfi let us down there, but the ref couldn't wait to send him off.
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:06 - Jan 25 with 1599 viewsmonmouth

Funny enough, on another thread, he's getting criticised for NOT saying that Gomis is a useless piece of sh1t and actually supporting him.

Personally I think Monk is to blame for the problems in Syria and was probably at the root of the invasion of Iraq. What a bastard.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:16 - Jan 25 with 1568 viewsDarran

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:06 - Jan 25 by monmouth

Funny enough, on another thread, he's getting criticised for NOT saying that Gomis is a useless piece of sh1t and actually supporting him.

Personally I think Monk is to blame for the problems in Syria and was probably at the root of the invasion of Iraq. What a bastard.

Well three weeks ago when just about every Prem manager was commenting on Ched Evans in their weekly press conferences Monk refused to comment.

Of course nobody started a well done Garry thread.

Tw*ts.

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:20 - Jan 25 with 1549 viewsicecoldjack

Like i said in OP Monks comments are a fair assessment, the issue here is what effect it has on his players, other more esteemed managers don't do it.

plenty could argue"but he said this and he said that" but the truth is that he did point the finger to two of his players.

In a man's world(and womens for the PC ) taking a bit of a bollok!ng is part and parcel unfortunately footballers nowadays seem to look for any excuse to drop off the pace if they feel hard done by.

Another factor here is that maybe Monk knows his players well enough to be able to call them out on such things,both in the dressing room and in the media, the flip side to that is he did this with Jonjo Shelvey who re paid his words with a 4 match ban,meaning an unfit Siggy had to play while injured .

Generally managers don't name names, there is a reason for this, Monk perhaps trying to re invent the wheel here will IMO undermine him longer term.

Ive said many times before, sometimes he just needs to talk a bit less.
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:44 - Jan 25 with 1491 viewsicecoldjack

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:16 - Jan 25 by Darran

Well three weeks ago when just about every Prem manager was commenting on Ched Evans in their weekly press conferences Monk refused to comment.

Of course nobody started a well done Garry thread.

Tw*ts.

Nor should he. Ched has fook all to do with us, thats like giving a parent credit for things they are supposed to do, like making sure their kids go to school and brush their teeth etc.

"such great parents, they make sure little johnny goes to school"

Daft comment Darran.

Monks concerns are rightly about his own team, if other manager feel they want to comment about things not relevent to their own team thats up to them .
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:49 - Jan 25 with 1469 viewsDarran

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:44 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

Nor should he. Ched has fook all to do with us, thats like giving a parent credit for things they are supposed to do, like making sure their kids go to school and brush their teeth etc.

"such great parents, they make sure little johnny goes to school"

Daft comment Darran.

Monks concerns are rightly about his own team, if other manager feel they want to comment about things not relevent to their own team thats up to them .

No it's not it had f*ck all to do with lots of other managers too that couldn't resist answering,if he had people like you would have slaughtered him for that too.

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:58 - Jan 25 with 1438 viewsicecoldjack

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:49 - Jan 25 by Darran

No it's not it had f*ck all to do with lots of other managers too that couldn't resist answering,if he had people like you would have slaughtered him for that too.

Once again, what relevence has other managers opinions on ched evans got to do with Monk lamenting 2 of our own players after losing a game ?

Please answer the question and stop dicking around there's a good boy .
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 17:00 - Jan 25 with 1423 viewsjohnlangy

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 14:52 - Jan 25 by MattG

The thing is, taking the comments quoted in that article as a whole, he actually suggests that both of them were a bit hard done by.

On Bartley, "when you’re the last man you run the risk because the referee will always side with the attacker".

On Gylfi, "It wasn’t reckless or dangerous but the referee couldn’t wait to get his red out".

Perhaps he could have said things differently but I'm not sure it's quite the hanging out to dry that people are trying to make it out to be.

That's the way I read it. Saying that Kyle was a bit hard done by but maybe should have been better prepared for the long ball is hardly stinging criticism.
Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 17:02 - Jan 25 with 1411 viewsDarran

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 16:58 - Jan 25 by icecoldjack

Once again, what relevence has other managers opinions on ched evans got to do with Monk lamenting 2 of our own players after losing a game ?

Please answer the question and stop dicking around there's a good boy .

It's got the relevance of he knows when to shut his moutth good boy.

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 17:08 - Jan 25 with 1386 viewsmonmouth

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 17:00 - Jan 25 by johnlangy

That's the way I read it. Saying that Kyle was a bit hard done by but maybe should have been better prepared for the long ball is hardly stinging criticism.

That was very much the flavour of the interview. Ref couldn't wait to nail us on perhaps arguable calls and that players were maybe unlucky but if you give the ref the chance you run the risk. He can't be pitchforked for that mind....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 17:11 - Jan 25 with 1374 viewsDarran

Monk laments Gylfi and Bartley.. on 17:08 - Jan 25 by monmouth

That was very much the flavour of the interview. Ref couldn't wait to nail us on perhaps arguable calls and that players were maybe unlucky but if you give the ref the chance you run the risk. He can't be pitchforked for that mind....

Oh I'm sure he can

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024