Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
100 days to the General Election 18:25 - Jan 25 with 1953 viewsdickythorpe

I don't see a clear winner as I think those that will bother to vote may look at alternatives to what they usually vote.

Could someone far more knowledgable than me go through the "runners and riders" as it were?

Plus do you think Plaid will gain more than the 3 seats they have?
100 days to the General Election on 20:18 - Jan 25 with 697 viewsmonmouth

100 days to the General Election on 20:03 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

I quite like Nicola Sturgeon. I've no idea why she attracts such hostility.

I lived in Edinburgh for ten years and saw her early days. There was something madly thatcherite (not political) in her manner which always escalated into hysteria when challenged. she got on my pip almost as much, but not quite, as the lickspittle douglas alexander. Those days caused a personal aversion to hearing her voice, so I must admit my bias.

edit...I might well be getting douglas alexander mixed up with some other faceless hopeless labour or conservative jock tw*t.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 20:20]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

100 days to the General Election on 20:19 - Jan 25 with 690 viewsexiledclaseboy

100 days to the General Election on 20:18 - Jan 25 by monmouth

I lived in Edinburgh for ten years and saw her early days. There was something madly thatcherite (not political) in her manner which always escalated into hysteria when challenged. she got on my pip almost as much, but not quite, as the lickspittle douglas alexander. Those days caused a personal aversion to hearing her voice, so I must admit my bias.

edit...I might well be getting douglas alexander mixed up with some other faceless hopeless labour or conservative jock tw*t.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 20:20]

Fair enough, with more exposure perhaps she'd grate on me too but thanfully I'm not Scottish. Leanne Wood's cool too. Despite being a nationalist.

Poll: Tory leader

100 days to the General Election on 20:43 - Jan 25 with 673 viewsrockinj

The election will result in tories/liberals staying in coalition or tory minority.

Ed will never be PM
100 days to the General Election on 20:53 - Jan 25 with 661 viewsexiledclaseboy

Elections should be held on a Sunday too. Why we persist with the tradition of having them on Thursdays is beyond me.

100 days to the General Election on 20:55 - Jan 25 with 653 viewsrockinj

100 days to the General Election on 20:53 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Elections should be held on a Sunday too. Why we persist with the tradition of having them on Thursdays is beyond me.

If you can't be arsed to walk down to the booth then frankly don't debate politics.

Thursday is fine by me.
100 days to the General Election on 20:57 - Jan 25 with 652 viewsexiledclaseboy

100 days to the General Election on 20:55 - Jan 25 by rockinj

If you can't be arsed to walk down to the booth then frankly don't debate politics.

Thursday is fine by me.

Have you been at the sticky sticky today?

100 days to the General Election on 21:01 - Jan 25 with 647 viewsrockinj

100 days to the General Election on 20:57 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Have you been at the sticky sticky today?

Just playing with you ecb, hope you're well
100 days to the General Election on 21:03 - Jan 25 with 645 viewsexiledclaseboy

100 days to the General Election on 21:01 - Jan 25 by rockinj

Just playing with you ecb, hope you're well

I'm well enough thank you, how about yourself?

Login to get fewer ads

100 days to the General Election on 21:04 - Jan 25 with 638 viewsrockinj

100 days to the General Election on 21:03 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

I'm well enough thank you, how about yourself?

pretty good thanks, thought i'd drop in. I feel a bit out of place these days though it's all a bit premier league
100 days to the General Election on 21:48 - Jan 25 with 617 viewsJoe_bradshaw

100 days to the General Election on 20:03 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

I quite like Nicola Sturgeon. I've no idea why she attracts such hostility.

If the SNP hold the balance of power and enter a coalition with Labour it will be fascinating to see them voting on matters that don't concern Scotland. They will need to do this in order to maintain their position of blackmailing the two Eds into granting more and more powers to Holyrood whilst trying to keep a straight face.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

100 days to the General Election on 23:35 - Jan 25 with 576 viewstrampie

100 days to the General Election on 20:19 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Fair enough, with more exposure perhaps she'd grate on me too but thanfully I'm not Scottish. Leanne Wood's cool too. Despite being a nationalist.

All the parties are nationalist parties for example some are British nats and some Welsh or Scottish nats.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 23:53]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

100 days to the General Election on 23:53 - Jan 25 with 571 viewstrampie

100 days to the General Election on 20:08 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

No point having the NI parties there. They don't stand candidates on the mainland and the mainland parties don't stand candidates in NI. They just need to debate among themselves, which I've no doubt they will.

Galloway has far more of a claim than they do. But the whole thing will be mental enough with the array of ugly nationalism that will be on display from Farage and the Scots/Welsh nats.

Scots and Welsh nats are civic nats, all equality and fairplay and multi culturalism.

Labour, Tories, Libs and UKIP are British nationalists and are nastier than the Scots or Welsh variety, just ask Johnny Foreigner the British nats will go to war with anybody so it seems over anything.

Weapons of mass destruction and there wasn't any in Iraq, fighting tribesmen in Afghanistan, then there was a small island in the South Pacific, English mps nearly (if not only mps from the big 3 British nationalists parties)all from Cons, Lab and Libs voted to go to war in Syria, luckily to virtually to a man and woman the Scottish/Welsh and Northern Irish mps voted against war and won the day.

Could some of the British nationalist parties be referred to a cultural nats ?, wiki describes the Conservatives as civic nats but some of them seem Extreme to me, the Westminster parties try to use the word nats to discredit but the truth of the matter is the bigoted nats tend to be in the British nationalist parties like Labour, Lib-Dems, Conservatives and UKIP.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 23:55]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024