Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk should have the season 20:51 - Jan 25 with 4258 viewsrockinj

He should never have been given the job but that's history. Get over it so to speak.

But if he doesn't start showing some aptitude in tactics or playing the swansea way then he should get his P45 at the end of the season.

Good lad, but that doesn't equate to being a good manager. You have till the summer Gaz, good luck.
Monk should have the season on 20:56 - Jan 25 with 3311 viewsSCB1985

He hasn't convinced me . However we still need to show respect. As for the end of the season I'm not picky when he or if he goes. Soon would be better as we are safe it would take a wally to relegate us, anybody who takes the job has no pressure

Poll: whats more important to you

Monk should have the season on 21:01 - Jan 25 with 3295 viewsDr_Winston

What is "The Swansea Way" exactly?

We can't lay claim to inventing passing football. We can't lay claim to being the first side to use a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation. We've been successful employers of both, but we're hardly unique to either.

For me "The Swansea Way" is the culmination of a succession of managers building on and slightly enhancing what has gone before. From Flynn to Jackett to Martinez to Sousa to Rodgers to Laudrup. All added something of their own to the mix. All moved the squad and club forward.

Monk was put in post with a clear mandate to take a step backward in philosophy. Maybe that was the clubs mistake.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 21:01]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk should have the season on 21:01 - Jan 25 with 3294 viewsScoobyWho

Everybody knows he is the boards 'yes' man. Perfect so they can go about their business and know he wont make a fuss. It has worked at times too, but weaknesses beginning to show through.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk should have the season on 21:03 - Jan 25 with 3280 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:01 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

We can't lay claim to inventing passing football. We can't lay claim to being the first side to use a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation. We've been successful employers of both, but we're hardly unique to either.

For me "The Swansea Way" is the culmination of a succession of managers building on and slightly enhancing what has gone before. From Flynn to Jackett to Martinez to Sousa to Rodgers to Laudrup. All added something of their own to the mix. All moved the squad and club forward.

Monk was put in post with a clear mandate to take a step backward in philosophy. Maybe that was the clubs mistake.

Swansea way is our history of passing football.

It was really taken on during various reigns and we excelled under the system, if we revert into another predictable team then we're back in the championship before you can say kanny hackett
Monk should have the season on 21:09 - Jan 25 with 3260 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:01 - Jan 25 by ScoobyWho

Everybody knows he is the boards 'yes' man. Perfect so they can go about their business and know he wont make a fuss. It has worked at times too, but weaknesses beginning to show through.

Yep, when he was appointed I thought this.

You can't get rid of a football giant like Laudrup and then replace him with someone with no experience.

I don't need to bang on about Roberto anyone who remembers my views know I advocated his appointment but we were at a different point in our development then. We could take more risks and everyone could see he has managerial qualities.

When Laudrup was dropped we were in a completely different point and needed a big name really. I didn't get it, I still don't get it. But we are where we are and I think he deserves the season.
Monk should have the season on 21:09 - Jan 25 with 3254 viewsbarry_island

Natalie Bennett could be available in May.

Green Army!

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Monk should have the season on 21:11 - Jan 25 with 3240 viewsC_jack

He was put in initially to steady the ship, which was what was needed in the wake of our friend Michael.

He was then given the gig full time because it was easy, less paperwork and less 'getting to know you' for both the club and him. Incredibly short-sighted, and one I hope we don't pay the next 30 years for.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 21:11]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk should have the season on 21:12 - Jan 25 with 3237 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:09 - Jan 25 by barry_island

Natalie Bennett could be available in May.

Green Army!

What a babe she is
Login to get fewer ads

Monk should have the season on 21:15 - Jan 25 with 3213 viewsgoontheswans

Yeah absolutely. As soon as we started the think the swansea way was anything other than those managers there wasn't a swansea way.
Monk should have the season on 21:16 - Jan 25 with 3208 viewsC_jack

Monk should have the season on 21:03 - Jan 25 by rockinj

Swansea way is our history of passing football.

It was really taken on during various reigns and we excelled under the system, if we revert into another predictable team then we're back in the championship before you can say kanny hackett

Our history? We've had some nice spells, granted, but I don't understand where this notion that we've been this pioneer for passing the ball well, for the majority of our 100 years has come from.

We've done what we needed to do, with the players and resources, that every other club has and will continue to do for the rest of time.

Monk should have the season on 21:18 - Jan 25 with 3198 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:11 - Jan 25 by C_jack

He was put in initially to steady the ship, which was what was needed in the wake of our friend Michael.

He was then given the gig full time because it was easy, less paperwork and less 'getting to know you' for both the club and him. Incredibly short-sighted, and one I hope we don't pay the next 30 years for.

Bang on brother. It made sense in the short term, but he should have been retained as coach and nothing more.

Of course he has his acolytes. They've been there since we've all been in nappies, they see any criticism as a slur on the club when in reality those that see ahead have nearly always been proven correct in the end.
Monk should have the season on 21:20 - Jan 25 with 3175 viewsDr_Winston

Monk should have the season on 21:11 - Jan 25 by C_jack

Huw's got an excellent track record of picking managers, but it would seem that the difficult working relationships he had with the bigger names turned him off the prospect of appointing someone like a Koeman.

I'm not for a second suggesting that Monk is a yes man, but I don't doubt that the working relationship he already had with Jenkins was a bigger factor in his appointment than it should have been.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk should have the season on 21:23 - Jan 25 with 3158 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:20 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

Huw's got an excellent track record of picking managers, but it would seem that the difficult working relationships he had with the bigger names turned him off the prospect of appointing someone like a Koeman.

I'm not for a second suggesting that Monk is a yes man, but I don't doubt that the working relationship he already had with Jenkins was a bigger factor in his appointment than it should have been.

Jenkins has been a brilliant Chairman but I think he's believed his own hype this time.

It was a time to go safe and we took a shot in the dark. I've always been an advocate of taking a risk but context matters.

There wasn't much further to rise from where we were under the previous incumbent. It should have been about solidifying not taking a punt.
Monk should have the season on 21:24 - Jan 25 with 3150 viewsNeathJack

Monk should have the season on 21:23 - Jan 25 by rockinj

Jenkins has been a brilliant Chairman but I think he's believed his own hype this time.

It was a time to go safe and we took a shot in the dark. I've always been an advocate of taking a risk but context matters.

There wasn't much further to rise from where we were under the previous incumbent. It should have been about solidifying not taking a punt.

Are we bottom of the fckuing league or something?

Am I missing something here?
Monk should have the season on 21:27 - Jan 25 with 3129 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:24 - Jan 25 by NeathJack

Are we bottom of the fckuing league or something?

Am I missing something here?

League position is not everything NJ.

You have to look at the fundamentals. Is Gary the man I want to be splashing the dosh, is he the man for us in 2-3 years time?

If the answer is no, then we have a problem
Monk should have the season on 21:27 - Jan 25 with 3128 viewsPhil_S

Monk should have the season on 21:18 - Jan 25 by rockinj

Bang on brother. It made sense in the short term, but he should have been retained as coach and nothing more.

Of course he has his acolytes. They've been there since we've all been in nappies, they see any criticism as a slur on the club when in reality those that see ahead have nearly always been proven correct in the end.

Welcome back!
Monk should have the season on 21:28 - Jan 25 with 3119 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:27 - Jan 25 by Phil_S

Welcome back!

Thank you Comrade General Phil.
Monk should have the season on 21:29 - Jan 25 with 3111 viewsNeathJack

Monk should have the season on 21:27 - Jan 25 by rockinj

You have to look at the fundamentals. Is Gary the man I want to be splashing the dosh, is he the man for us in 2-3 years time?

Well his acquisitions this season have on the whole been excellent.
Monk should have the season on 21:31 - Jan 25 with 3096 viewsC_jack

Monk should have the season on 21:20 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

I'm gutted Koeman didn't come here. Imagine what he could have done with our team, which before kick off on the first day of the season, every man would have said was better than Southampton's, but hey ho.

Monk should have the season on 21:36 - Jan 25 with 3075 viewsVetchitBack

He was given the position to keep us up which he did.

I suppose you can argue he earned another season. We're currently ninth.

Yes the lack of pressing is a major concern as it was under Laudrup. I expected better from a Rodger's captain.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Monk should have the season on 21:41 - Jan 25 with 3046 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:29 - Jan 25 by NeathJack

Well his acquisitions this season have on the whole been excellent.

Did he buy them?
Monk should have the season on 21:44 - Jan 25 with 3029 viewsDizzy

Monk should have the season on 21:27 - Jan 25 by rockinj

We havent had a manager last over three years in fk knows how long, so by your criteria, we have a problem whoever manages us. Thats the great thing about unattainable goals. You always have something to carp about.
Monk should have the season on 21:45 - Jan 25 with 3016 viewsNeathJack

Monk should have the season on 21:41 - Jan 25 by rockinj

Did he buy them?

Oh ffs.
Monk should have the season on 21:46 - Jan 25 with 3009 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:44 - Jan 25 by Dizzy

We havent had a manager last over three years in fk knows how long, so by your criteria, we have a problem whoever manages us. Thats the great thing about unattainable goals. You always have something to carp about.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Did we 'want' Martinez/Rodgers to be there in 3 years. That's a resounding yes.

So your comment is invalid.
Monk should have the season on 21:46 - Jan 25 with 3006 viewsrockinj

Monk should have the season on 21:45 - Jan 25 by NeathJack

Oh ffs.

Serious question
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024