Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Government neglects Swansea 01:05 - Jan 26 with 1307 viewswestside

according to former council leader

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Neglect-rap-Welsh-Government/story-25916
Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 08:00 - Jan 26 with 1243 viewsDr_Winston

In other news, Pope admits Catholicism and Bears prefer forests for defecatory purposes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 08:46 - Jan 26 with 1215 viewslibertine

so what do we do?

nothing at all!!!

I was told something quite shocking about our council. I cannot give the exact details for obvious details.

A person went to the council with details of some wrongdoing bribes etc. The person thought that she was helping the council, who it appears already knew.

She got agitated during the meeting and was then told by the high up council official, if she did complain she would never work in Swansea again.
Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 08:55 - Jan 26 with 1208 viewsepaul

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 08:00 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

In other news, Pope admits Catholicism and Bears prefer forests for defecatory purposes.

is that brown bears?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 10:17 - Jan 26 with 1166 viewsperchrockjack

For most of my life, Swansea has had a warped/squabbling/feckless/clueless council, one which hated our football club actually and would have seen us go to the wall.
Its always been a small minded, petty council with no clear direction and no focus on what really matters.

The town /City has been in freefall for years with precious little done about it and Im not sure The Assembly would have made much difference, although it should serve them to have 2 cities worthy of the name and have some vibrancy throughout south Wales.

It has to be said north Wales is not on their radar either and I doubt many of the members ever go there unless they live there.

Swansea needs to find its confidence back and its pride.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 10:34 - Jan 26 with 1151 viewslibertine

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 10:17 - Jan 26 by perchrockjack

For most of my life, Swansea has had a warped/squabbling/feckless/clueless council, one which hated our football club actually and would have seen us go to the wall.
Its always been a small minded, petty council with no clear direction and no focus on what really matters.

The town /City has been in freefall for years with precious little done about it and Im not sure The Assembly would have made much difference, although it should serve them to have 2 cities worthy of the name and have some vibrancy throughout south Wales.

It has to be said north Wales is not on their radar either and I doubt many of the members ever go there unless they live there.

Swansea needs to find its confidence back and its pride.

when I complained to Nicholas Bradley townhill mp

who was actually from Birmingham and therefore would not realise what a great town we once had.

He said that the council (and himself directly as he was the person involved mostly with the regeneration of the city) had done a fantastic job and he was very pleased with the progress so far. This was last year, I believe he has now left Swansea and headed for the US, hopefully he will do an equally fine job there.

Why is it that Carmarthen a small town is always busy and bustling when Swansea The pretty shitty city is dead.

I was in a council meeting and can truly say that some of the councillors where dull uninformed and uninterested.

There are great people in Swansea who are interested in doing real things, Doctor Dai for one and other Plaid members these people are really interested.

Neath and port Talbot council invite the public to have real face to face meetings with the head of the council, but in swansea they hide behind procurement and legal.

We are in the PL and our city should be the same we are lucky that we have the coastline otherwise we'd be truly down.

Shame on our council.

All the small business gone.
Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 1130 viewsperchrockjack

it truly gives me no joy to talk in terms such as these and Ive had pelters over the years for it on PS but that's of no consequence.

Firstly, Gower is a beautiful irrelevance to the City Of Swansea . Its the CITY that needs to attract first and foremost as people tend not to spend much on a beach.

In a City its a new ball game ; people spend, jobs are created.

For two long ,councillors in Swansea seem to have vested interests. My grandfather was an independent councillor in the early 60s when we were pretty vibrant.

We were once a powerhouse and basically failed to reinvent ourselves.

Have to say it hurts to see Cardiff now incredibly forward looking and prosperous; pretty obscene really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 13:00 - Jan 26 with 1086 viewsDyfnant

Repeatedly we hear that we need to offer better financial packages to get the best people. That's failed. id savagely cut what's offered and get more local people into these positions, people that genuinely give a sh1t

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 1006 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 10:52 - Jan 26 by perchrockjack

it truly gives me no joy to talk in terms such as these and Ive had pelters over the years for it on PS but that's of no consequence.

Firstly, Gower is a beautiful irrelevance to the City Of Swansea . Its the CITY that needs to attract first and foremost as people tend not to spend much on a beach.

In a City its a new ball game ; people spend, jobs are created.

For two long ,councillors in Swansea seem to have vested interests. My grandfather was an independent councillor in the early 60s when we were pretty vibrant.

We were once a powerhouse and basically failed to reinvent ourselves.

Have to say it hurts to see Cardiff now incredibly forward looking and prosperous; pretty obscene really

I thought with the swans in the pl, the city would have pushed on and even attrached some big new employers to the area, sadly i was wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 22:09 - Jan 26 with 952 viewsGeoffThom

I've said it on other threads and I'll keep banging the drum the wda stuffed us in the eighties and the so called city councillors who were unfortunately labour did nothing and have done nothing since I don't support any political party but it's so obvious what they've done it should go to criminal court Jesus we still vote them in like that complete horror for gower am hart who again does nothing for the area she represents and blows hot air up the arses of the Cardif ams and is totally in love with her own ego
Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 23:42 - Jan 26 with 896 viewsKilkennyjack

Time to develop Swanee bay with a few world class hotels ?

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 00:08 - Jan 27 with 880 viewslondonlisa2001

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 23:42 - Jan 26 by Kilkennyjack

Time to develop Swanee bay with a few world class hotels ?

Couldn't agree more - the parade of B&Bs down the Mumbles Road is hardly a great intro to the City.

be interesting to see what Mr Matthews does with County Hall.
Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 00:09 - Jan 27 with 878 viewsDyfnant

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 00:08 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

Couldn't agree more - the parade of B&Bs down the Mumbles Road is hardly a great intro to the City.

be interesting to see what Mr Matthews does with County Hall.

As in the guy that owns that monstrosity in Newport?

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 00:11 - Jan 27 with 876 viewslondonlisa2001

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 00:09 - Jan 27 by Dyfnant

As in the guy that owns that monstrosity in Newport?

apparently. That monstrosity in Newport has done wonders in attracting great investment to the area though to be fair.

Went to Swansea University didn't he? So obviously has an affinity with the City.
Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 01:12 - Jan 27 with 853 viewsDyfnant

Welsh Government neglects Swansea on 00:11 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

apparently. That monstrosity in Newport has done wonders in attracting great investment to the area though to be fair.

Went to Swansea University didn't he? So obviously has an affinity with the City.

Just hope he chooses a better architect. As nice as its meant to be inside, it's minging to look at.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024