Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greece 15:16 - Jan 26 with 3092 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Congratulations to the people of Greece

This has also taken an unlikely twist

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30981950

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Greece on 01:42 - Jan 28 with 1236 viewsDyfnant

Surely there'll be individuals, globally that bought Greek government bonds. Let them renogotiate/default on those first.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Greece on 07:11 - Jan 28 with 1209 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Greece on 00:37 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

oh, so it's all the banks' fault for lending them money. Nothing at all to do with any responsibility whatsoever from the Greeks for borrowing it.

But the whole point is that they were making planned repayments anyway. What has happened is that the country has said 'paying people back what we owe them is boring as hell, so we're not going to bother anymore - make all the other people in Europe who actually take some responsibility sort it out instead'. And some of the people that will be affected by it (i.e us) are saying ' well done'.

But they have history for it I guess - they always thought paying tax was boring as well. Social security - now that's something they didn't find dull.

And if you want them to default on money owed to the banks, can I suggest that they start by taking any money that you have in the bank as a starting point? After all, some of those tax evading Greeks might fancy a night out on the ouzo and you surely won't miss it if you're so keen on them not paying it back.

It's the fault of the German political machine and the fallacy economic wise of a one size fits all single currency. Everyone and his dog knew that countries with such low GDP's such as Ireland and Greece most of all were going to fail every economic test to join the Euro but the Brussels political machine and the German central bank bent the entry criteria and let them in anyway. Now the German populace is calling the Greeks lazy work shy b*stards when there is no industry there. They didn't mind when in the early 2000's they were pushing all of their VW's, Mercs and BMW's into Greece and they didn't care if they had the money to pay them back or not. It's called irresponsible lending

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Greece on 07:15 - Jan 28 with 1204 viewsDr_Winston

Greece on 07:11 - Jan 28 by Brynmill_Jack

It's the fault of the German political machine and the fallacy economic wise of a one size fits all single currency. Everyone and his dog knew that countries with such low GDP's such as Ireland and Greece most of all were going to fail every economic test to join the Euro but the Brussels political machine and the German central bank bent the entry criteria and let them in anyway. Now the German populace is calling the Greeks lazy work shy b*stards when there is no industry there. They didn't mind when in the early 2000's they were pushing all of their VW's, Mercs and BMW's into Greece and they didn't care if they had the money to pay them back or not. It's called irresponsible lending

Just further proof of how bent and unworkable the entire EU project is in its current state.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Greece on 07:25 - Jan 28 with 1197 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Greece on 07:15 - Jan 28 by Dr_Winston

Just further proof of how bent and unworkable the entire EU project is in its current state.

Absolutely. It's almost like the Germans in particular want to call the tune over every other state in the E.U.
Now I'm sure they've tried that some time before.................
That YouTube video by that Scottish Ivy League professor on the mechanics of austerity and the differences in how the U.S. and the E.U. both dealt with the financial meltdown. It's about an hour long and it appeared on another thread on here recently but I can't find it. An eye opener to say the least.

Greece on 12:31 - Jan 28 with 1156 viewsDyfnant

Seems around 15% of the debt is held in government bonds, negotiate that debt down by half!
The ruling party also want the Germans to repay a war debt worth over €11 billion in today's money

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Greece on 01:08 - Jan 29 with 1104 viewsLord_Bony

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Greece on 07:31 - Jan 29 with 1088 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Greece on 12:31 - Jan 28 by Dyfnant

Seems around 15% of the debt is held in government bonds, negotiate that debt down by half!
The ruling party also want the Germans to repay a war debt worth over €11 billion in today's money

How ironic. Practice what you preach then eh Deutschlanders...............

Greece on 09:09 - Jan 29 with 1080 viewswaynekerr55

Greece on 12:31 - Jan 28 by Dyfnant

Will repayment of that debt even touch the sides?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Greece on 11:16 - Jan 29 with 1059 viewstrolley_jack

The countries that lent Greece the money as a condition outlined plans for Greece to privitise the large public sector there. Greece probably has to do this to get out of the hole it was in, but its upset the Greeks when there are people from the countries that lend them the money queing up to buy public companies at kncoked down prices. The whole thing stinks from both sides of the argment. They have used democracy to vote for there current Left wing goverment and everyone should respect that. Just waiting for the gaurdians of democracy in the west to do almost everything in its power to topple the current regime.
Greece on 19:19 - Jan 29 with 1031 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/26/greece-dignity-why-i-voted-for-syri

Viva Greece

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Greece on 14:30 - Jan 30 with 993 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Greece on 19:19 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/26/greece-dignity-why-i-voted-for-syri

Viva Greece

Ζητώ Ελλάδα ;

Greece on 20:56 - Jan 30 with 961 viewsLord_Bony

Greece on 14:30 - Jan 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Ζητώ Ελλάδα ;

Are you quoting Perchie there by any chance?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Greece on 22:44 - Jan 30 with 940 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Greece on 20:56 - Jan 30 by Lord_Bony

Are you quoting Perchie there by any chance?

I am NOW

ΖΗΤΩ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ ;

Greece on 23:03 - Jan 30 with 932 viewsperchrockjack

Breach of copyright.

Consider yourself sued

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024