Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Howard Marks 18:36 - Jan 26 with 1354 viewsDarran

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/24/howard-marks-inoperable-cancer-mr

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Howard Marks on 18:39 - Jan 26 with 1345 viewslondonlisa2001

Always find it one of the great mysteries in life that Peter Hitchins is a good friend of Howard Marks.
Howard Marks on 19:27 - Jan 26 with 1282 viewsjackpot

I really don't give a damn about someone who enjoyed a good lifestyle earned on the back of a lot of other people's misery.
Howard Marks on 19:31 - Jan 26 with 1268 viewsItchySphincter

Served his time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Howard Marks on 19:52 - Jan 26 with 1244 viewsorion3016

Mr nice the book & film were excellent

Be over there now after

Howard Marks on 19:55 - Jan 26 with 1233 viewsdickythorpe

I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. He has experienced a lifestyle that others can only dream of.
Howard Marks on 20:01 - Jan 26 with 1217 viewsNeath_Jack

Howard Marks on 19:27 - Jan 26 by jackpot

I really don't give a damn about someone who enjoyed a good lifestyle earned on the back of a lot of other people's misery.

In fairness, i've never known a cannabis user go knocking old women over the head, burgling peoples houses, in order to feed their addiction. Cannabis users are less of a pest than alcohol drinkers, fact. And that's coming from someone that doesn't touch the stuff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Howard Marks on 20:11 - Jan 26 with 1197 viewslibertine

It is the case guys

its helped many people grow a conscience, makes you think about your actions.

Strong stuff has helped many others on their way to mental illness.

I honestly think that mild cannabis is OK and I would rather my kids have a puff of that than get hammered down wine street.
Howard Marks on 20:19 - Jan 26 with 1181 viewsVetchitBack

Howard Marks on 20:01 - Jan 26 by Neath_Jack

In fairness, i've never known a cannabis user go knocking old women over the head, burgling peoples houses, in order to feed their addiction. Cannabis users are less of a pest than alcohol drinkers, fact. And that's coming from someone that doesn't touch the stuff.

I'd partly agree but it's supposed lack of dangerousness is what attracts it to the young.

I'll never truly know what caused my concentration to seep away but I'd put my money on it being the cannabis smoked in my teens.

And I believe this was backed up in a recent study.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Login to get fewer ads

Howard Marks on 22:52 - Jan 27 with 1026 viewsQuakerJack

Irrespective of what you think about cannabis or Howard Marks' life choices, a man is dying of cancer, a horrible, horrible disease. I for one am very sorry to hear this news and my thoughts and best wishes go out to him.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Howard Marks on 01:35 - Jan 28 with 989 viewsjackpot

There are loads of people in psychiatric wards now because of the effects of cannabis. The thc content of it is larger than it was in the 70's.
As to hardly any side effects, you are couldn't be further from the truth. The amount of people with mental illness bought on by it is increasing yearly. Paranoia is the most common sympton.
It always appears to me that those that defend it are those that have or do use it, maybe in a small way, maybe not.
Howard Marks on 06:41 - Jan 28 with 964 viewsNeath_Jack

Howard Marks on 01:35 - Jan 28 by jackpot

There are loads of people in psychiatric wards now because of the effects of cannabis. The thc content of it is larger than it was in the 70's.
As to hardly any side effects, you are couldn't be further from the truth. The amount of people with mental illness bought on by it is increasing yearly. Paranoia is the most common sympton.
It always appears to me that those that defend it are those that have or do use it, maybe in a small way, maybe not.

How do you know they wouldn't be in there without using it? How many die through alcohol abuse, i'd hazard a guess that its a much higher number. How many people are the victim of assault due to alcohol use? I'd say the numbers are incomparable. I cannot stand the smell of the stuff let alone use it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Howard Marks on 07:02 - Jan 28 with 959 viewsItchySphincter

Howard Marks on 01:35 - Jan 28 by jackpot

This argument is a bit hit and miss imo. If you like the occasional chuff you'll be fine, if you cane it everyday and every night you'll probably end up psychotic. I have friends in both categories. As always, moderation is the key.

BTW, your avatar doesn't set you up to positively pontificate about mental illness.

Howard Marks on 07:28 - Jan 28 with 940 viewsQuakerJack

Howard Marks on 06:41 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

How do you know they wouldn't be in there without using it? How many die through alcohol abuse, i'd hazard a guess that its a much higher number. How many people are the victim of assault due to alcohol use? I'd say the numbers are incomparable. I cannot stand the smell of the stuff let alone use it.

You would guess right. Even as a proportion it's higher. I work for a drug and alcohol service and any of our care coordinators will tell you that even the social effects of alcohol abuse as well as the physical damage it causes are far worse than cannabis.

One thing cannabis is heavily linked to is paranoid schizophrenia.

The biggest problem with cannabis is it is usually a gateway to something else, like heroin or crack.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 7:30]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Howard Marks on 10:34 - Jan 28 with 880 viewsjackpot

Howard Marks on 07:02 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

This argument is a bit hit and miss imo. If you like the occasional chuff you'll be fine, if you cane it everyday and every night you'll probably end up psychotic. I have friends in both categories. As always, moderation is the key.

BTW, your avatar doesn't set you up to positively pontificate about mental illness.

I also know people who didn't use it much but it effected them quite badly. Yes alcohol would be banned if it was invented today but using other vices as acceptance of cannabis is still wrong.
As to my avatar and then your statement about mental health, please try and get a sense of humour.
Howard Marks on 10:37 - Jan 28 with 877 viewsItchySphincter

Howard Marks on 10:34 - Jan 28 by jackpot

I also know people who didn't use it much but it effected them quite badly. Yes alcohol would be banned if it was invented today but using other vices as acceptance of cannabis is still wrong.
As to my avatar and then your statement about mental health, please try and get a sense of humour.

......'cos anorexia is funnier that cannabis induced psychosis init.

Howard Marks on 10:43 - Jan 28 with 864 viewsjackpot

Howard Marks on 10:37 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

......'cos anorexia is funnier that cannabis induced psychosis init.

It should be clear to any sensible person that my avatar is meant as humour and nothing else.
For you to attack this shows more about you than me.
You have your opinion about cannabis and I have mine and I will not lower my standards for others with regards to drugs.
Howard Marks on 10:55 - Jan 28 with 851 viewsItchySphincter

Howard Marks on 10:43 - Jan 28 by jackpot

It should be clear to any sensible person that my avatar is meant as humour and nothing else.
For you to attack this shows more about you than me.
You have your opinion about cannabis and I have mine and I will not lower my standards for others with regards to drugs.

Not even a hint of irony.

Howard Marks on 11:33 - Jan 28 with 831 viewsVetchitBack

Howard Marks on 07:02 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

I think thats a bit of an oversimplification. It's side-effects are often harder to quantify than say alcohol or heroin.

Ironically I'd say in regards to your comment that those who smoke it a lot do so as their mental-make up in a sense is better suited to the drug and it's the ones who have smoked it through a period and stopped who've had a very good reason for doing so. But that's just my experience. I'd say in nearly all cases it "robs you of your ambition" as Samuel L Jackson's character puts it in Jackie Brown if smoked regularly.

But in worse cases it can wreck confidence, sociability and cause a general fear and mistrust of the world. A depression really. And it's effects often never cease.

The fact that some people can take it without any negative effects arguably make it more dangerous. As these people are often very vocal about this whether locally or in the media.

Howard Marks on 11:47 - Jan 28 with 818 viewsDarran

I've smoked cannabis and there's f*ck all wrong with me.

Howard Marks on 11:48 - Jan 28 with 817 viewsItchySphincter

It was supposed to be a simplification tbh - I'm not really in to long posts but I agree with much of what you said. It's different for everyone depends what sort of mental profile you have to begin with. I wouldn't go so far as saying it robs ambition but I will say it made me somewhat lethargic in my younger days.

Howard Marks on 11:49 - Jan 28 with 814 viewsItchySphincter

Howard Marks on 11:47 - Jan 28 by Darran

Well, not much.

Howard Marks on 11:50 - Jan 28 with 807 viewsDarran

Howard Marks on 11:49 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

Well, not much.

Howard Marks on 11:55 - Jan 28 with 791 viewsVetchitBack

Hmmm...

Certainly not lacking confidence

Howard Marks on 13:28 - Jan 28 with 744 viewsdickythorpe

Never wanted to batter anyone on cannabis.
Wanted to batter someone on alcohol.

Awfully sick on cannabis.
Awfully sick on alcohol.

Felt ok a day or 2 after alcohol.
Felt depressed, paranoid and uncordinated on cannabis for days.
Howard Marks on 15:44 - Jan 28 with 707 viewsNeath_Jack

If ever there was an advert needed, as an example of why people should not to do drugs, you sir, would be it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024