Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teabag RIP 15:31 - Jan 27 with 19415 viewsDarran

http://www.thewave.co.uk/news/local/rip-swanseas-tea-cosy-pete/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Teabag RIP on 20:51 - Jan 27 with 3172 viewsdickythorpe

Will the club do anything? A rumour i heard was as a youngster he had trials for us.
Teabag RIP on 21:00 - Jan 27 with 3162 viewsdickythorpe

A song or teabag

Teabag RIP on 21:23 - Jan 27 with 3136 viewsPlastic_Fanzalona

This is a song that I wrote about Tea Cosy Pete a few years ago, not too many people now his real story.

RIP Peter
Teabag RIP on 22:01 - Jan 27 with 3089 viewsPlastic_Fanzalona

Teabag RIP on 17:42 - Jan 27 by dickythorpe

RIP

One rumour was that he was a millionaire!!! Believe what you will but as already mentioned he never hurt a fly.

That rumour is wrong, lived in Clase as a young teen.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 22:07]
Teabag RIP on 22:06 - Jan 27 with 3087 viewsPlastic_Fanzalona

Teabag RIP on 17:46 - Jan 27 by Darran

My mother used to do voluntary work in Swansea and every morning she'd open up he'd be sleeping under a bush,she'd make a cup of tea every time and he'd say "thank you very much but no thank you" and refuse it.

My mother also reckons his brothers a vicar in Swansea ????

That was another guy, the son of the Reveret Leon Atkins.
he was found dead on the steps of his father's church, now Miah Indian restaurant.
Teabag RIP on 22:57 - Jan 27 with 3018 viewsbluenile

Teabag RIP on 18:59 - Jan 27 by Jackfath

A statue of him in Castle Square would be fitting.

I would virtually guarantee that money could be raised through donation for this by the good folk of Swansea in memoriam of a legend.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Teabag RIP on 23:02 - Jan 27 with 3011 viewsbuilthjack

Always saw him in Swansea, was no harm to anyone. Always had the sack carrying about. R.I.P.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Teabag RIP on 09:11 - Jan 28 with 2906 viewsZut_Alors

Strange catalyst I know, but stories such as this bring on a wave of sadness and nostalgia for my hometown. I can so easily picture my younger self walking along Oxford Street and seeing Tea Cosy out and about.

Part of Swansea folklore. RIP Tea Cosy Pete.
Login to get fewer ads

Teabag RIP on 09:28 - Jan 28 with 2894 viewsswanny

Just dropping by to add my respects - I used to do voluntary work with the homeless in St Mary's and Zak's, and Pete was a gentle soul who will always be remembered with fondness.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Teabag RIP on 10:47 - Jan 28 with 2861 viewslibertine

I like this idea, i'd give some money
Teabag RIP on 13:00 - Jan 28 with 2808 viewsPlastic_Fanzalona

Teabag RIP on 20:44 - Jan 27 by Dyfnant

That contradicts what he told me to my face, he said he never chose to be homeless.

It would be nice to have a drop in cafe, it could be named Tea Cosy Cafe.
Teabag RIP on 13:01 - Jan 28 with 2807 viewsjackharris

Teabag RIP on 10:47 - Jan 28 by libertine

I like this idea, i'd give some money

A statue would be a special tribute to Pete very much a part of our City's furniture. Castle Square would be a fitting place.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Teabag RIP on 13:10 - Jan 28 with 2793 viewssnork44

So sad to hear about Teabag as I remembered him! I can remember him shuffling by Wilkinsons to go to the bus station.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Teabag RIP on 13:11 - Jan 28 with 2792 viewsskippyjack

He is the most popular person in Swansea.. everyone has heard of him

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Teabag RIP on 13:16 - Jan 28 with 2786 viewsVetchitBack

I predict that in 10, 20, 50 years he will have been a billionaire, having walked to Glasgow to return a wallet and once famously saved Catherine Zeta Jones from muggers.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Teabag RIP on 13:25 - Jan 28 with 2714 viewsmonmouth

Teabag RIP on 13:16 - Jan 28 by VetchitBack

I predict that in 10, 20, 50 years he will have been a billionaire, having walked to Glasgow to return a wallet and once famously saved Catherine Zeta Jones from muggers.

Is Mal Pope doing the film then?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Teabag RIP on 13:29 - Jan 28 with 2711 viewsdickythorpe

Shame people didnt tell him how wonderful he was when he was alive.
Teabag RIP on 14:46 - Jan 28 with 2662 viewsfbreath

Teabag RIP on 13:29 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

How do you know that people didn't

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Teabag RIP on 17:37 - Jan 28 with 2586 viewsFerryjack

Used to play football with his brother billy burford in the late 60s early 70 for Fforest in the Swansea Senior League, billy was killed I think in a car accident & it hit Brian very hard & he then took his own course in life. RIP
Teabag RIP on 17:55 - Jan 28 with 2566 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 17:37 - Jan 28 by Ferryjack

Used to play football with his brother billy burford in the late 60s early 70 for Fforest in the Swansea Senior League, billy was killed I think in a car accident & it hit Brian very hard & he then took his own course in life. RIP

I always thought it was Peter Burford that was tea cosy Pete?

I can only hope that the path he chose was one that brought him peace and contentment even if it is a path that others would not necessarily understand or choose for themselves. I'd like to think he was happy and hope that he rests in peace. He was always around in Swansea for as long as most of us can remember. I also think it says something about our City that a homeless person that would be ignored, unacknowledged, unseen or worse, reviled in most cities can be remembered with such fondness by the City's residents and even media.
Teabag RIP on 18:29 - Jan 28 with 2536 viewspremierjack

I heard his sister was very well off but he refused to live with her - not sure if it was a rumour.

I know for a fact that he wouldn't take anything off anyone, I offered him a meal one night after I was in wind st, he refused but kept looking at the food and then the floor... I put the food (in a container) on the floor and walked away. Pete then picked it up and put it in his black bag.
Teabag RIP on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 2501 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 14:46 - Jan 28 by fbreath

How do you know that people didn't

Because as always this site , twitter, facebook and the evening post site are full of people with their "faux" sympathy.

Feck me he should have been "Pete the Pied Piper" with the band of merry will wishers and do gooders who claim to have known and spoken to him on a daily basis.

RIP Pete, perhaps you'll get some peace!!-
Teabag RIP on 19:19 - Jan 28 with 2491 viewsonetimejack

Teabag RIP on 19:15 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

Because as always this site , twitter, facebook and the evening post site are full of people with their "faux" sympathy.

Feck me he should have been "Pete the Pied Piper" with the band of merry will wishers and do gooders who claim to have known and spoken to him on a daily basis.

RIP Pete, perhaps you'll get some peace!!-

My 1st ever up arrow for you Dick. Frame it

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Teabag RIP on 19:23 - Jan 28 with 2489 viewsVetchitBack

Teabag RIP on 13:29 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

Many did but he hated to be patronised. Certainly wasn't in it for the sympathy.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Teabag RIP on 19:39 - Jan 28 with 2476 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 19:23 - Jan 28 by VetchitBack

Many did but he hated to be patronised. Certainly wasn't in it for the sympathy.

Exactly, he made a choice. Nobody made him choose the life he led.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024