Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teabag RIP 15:31 - Jan 27 with 19600 viewsDarran

http://www.thewave.co.uk/news/local/rip-swanseas-tea-cosy-pete/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Teabag RIP on 20:08 - Jan 29 with 1999 viewsNeath_Jack

And as for all the talk of statues in castle square for a tramp I'm glad i don't live in Swansea if that's the thinking. I'm sure he was a lovely man etc, but come on.

Anyway, our tramp was the best and could probably still do a job for the Swans if he was still alive, what a footballer he was, John the tramp.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Teabag RIP on 20:09 - Jan 29 with 1992 viewsDarran

Teabag RIP on 20:04 - Jan 29 by libertine

lisa,

you are talking about the Smuttos's, I think they lived down by the vetch, they were big swans fans and serious nutters,

the last time I one of them was in the bryn y mor about 15 years ago, Charlie smutto headbutting nutter case absolutely hammered falling into people.

I remember the first time I encountered the Tw@ in Virgin records he attacked the girl who used to work there Wendy because she was a punk, he picked up a big heavy standalone ashtray and threw it at her,

nice guy, sadly missed I guess hes locked up.

Wasn't the son known as Charlie Brown he always use to be at away games in the 70s and 80s his sister was the fat girl selling the EP outside the Oxford St market enterance.

Teabag RIP on 20:11 - Jan 29 with 1985 viewsNeath_Jack

Teabag RIP on 20:04 - Jan 29 by libertine

lisa,

you are talking about the Smuttos's, I think they lived down by the vetch, they were big swans fans and serious nutters,

the last time I one of them was in the bryn y mor about 15 years ago, Charlie smutto headbutting nutter case absolutely hammered falling into people.

I remember the first time I encountered the Tw@ in Virgin records he attacked the girl who used to work there Wendy because she was a punk, he picked up a big heavy standalone ashtray and threw it at her,

nice guy, sadly missed I guess hes locked up.

Charlie Smutto i was talking to him up Townhill back last year. Had many an interesting away day at the football with him. He was a regular down the Liberty for the first couple of years we were there, he was sitting in front of me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Teabag RIP on 20:11 - Jan 29 with 1985 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 20:09 - Jan 29 by Darran

Wasn't the son known as Charlie Brown he always use to be at away games in the 70s and 80s his sister was the fat girl selling the EP outside the Oxford St market enterance.

the whole family sold them. The women were all very large and the father a cowboy :-)
Teabag RIP on 20:12 - Jan 29 with 1984 viewsdickythorpe

Was Virgin records by where our price used to be?
Teabag RIP on 20:12 - Jan 29 with 1960 viewsVetchitBack

Teabag RIP on 20:08 - Jan 29 by Neath_Jack

And as for all the talk of statues in castle square for a tramp I'm glad i don't live in Swansea if that's the thinking. I'm sure he was a lovely man etc, but come on.

Anyway, our tramp was the best and could probably still do a job for the Swans if he was still alive, what a footballer he was, John the tramp.

Ours was nice yours was aggressive (if it's the one I'm thinking of grey hair siting on steps by a post office/bank)

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Teabag RIP on 20:13 - Jan 29 with 1959 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 20:11 - Jan 29 by Neath_Jack

Charlie Smutto i was talking to him up Townhill back last year. Had many an interesting away day at the football with him. He was a regular down the Liberty for the first couple of years we were there, he was sitting in front of me.

he wasn't the Dad though was he? Wasn't he the brother (who was the young kid at the time that the family all sold the Post).
Teabag RIP on 20:15 - Jan 29 with 1951 viewsNeath_Jack

Teabag RIP on 20:12 - Jan 29 by VetchitBack

Ours was nice yours was aggressive (if it's the one I'm thinking of grey hair siting on steps by a post office/bank)

Aye, he could be a bit grumpy on times

He was always great with us as we'd let him have a game of football with us, although we could never get it back off him, he was outstanding.

Login to get fewer ads

Teabag RIP on 20:17 - Jan 29 with 1945 viewsNeath_Jack

Teabag RIP on 20:13 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

he wasn't the Dad though was he? Wasn't he the brother (who was the young kid at the time that the family all sold the Post).

No idea how he fits in to the family, i only know Charlie.

Teabag RIP on 20:17 - Jan 29 with 1942 viewsDarran

Teabag RIP on 20:11 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

the whole family sold them. The women were all very large and the father a cowboy :-)

For some strange reason I remember someone telling me at an away game in the early 80s that Charlie lived down the docks.

Teabag RIP on 20:19 - Jan 29 with 1938 viewsNeath_Jack

Teabag RIP on 20:17 - Jan 29 by Darran

For some strange reason I remember someone telling me at an away game in the early 80s that Charlie lived down the docks.

Who did John the tramp play for Dar?

Teabag RIP on 20:19 - Jan 29 with 1937 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 20:12 - Jan 29 by dickythorpe

Was Virgin records by where our price used to be?

Virgin was on Union Street just near the Quadrant (or it was when I used to go there).
Teabag RIP on 20:23 - Jan 29 with 1924 viewslifelong

Teabag RIP on 19:39 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

A very good point. As someone who has lived away for the best part of 30 years, the people and things that made the City what we will always remember as home are important.

On a similar theme, I will always remember what I used to call the 'Evening Post family'. I have no idea what their names were, but the Dad used to dress as a cowboy (with hat, spurs and chaps and even a toy pistol) and the Mum and daughters used to sell the Post around Swansea as well. One of them was always outside C&A. I wonder what ever happened to them?

The large lady was Joan Smith.
Teabag RIP on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 1917 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 20:17 - Jan 29 by Darran

Was the union on strike and was he down on his luck? It's tough, so tough.
Teabag RIP on 20:26 - Jan 29 with 1910 viewsswan_si

Teabag RIP on 20:19 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

Virgin was on Union Street just near the Quadrant (or it was when I used to go there).

i remember you could cut through Virgin to get to the market, bought my 1st crombie from Blacks a few shops down from Virgin.
as Mary Hopkin would say, those were the days.
Teabag RIP on 20:26 - Jan 29 with 1908 viewsDarran

Teabag RIP on 20:19 - Jan 29 by Neath_Jack

Who did John the tramp play for Dar?

I think he had trials for Chelsea J no idea who he played for later on.

Teabag RIP on 20:27 - Jan 29 with 1900 viewsDarran

Teabag RIP on 20:26 - Jan 29 by swan_si

i remember you could cut through Virgin to get to the market, bought my 1st crombie from Blacks a few shops down from Virgin.
as Mary Hopkin would say, those were the days.

Virgin was where Blue Banana is was it? What was the name of the punk girl working in there?

Teabag RIP on 20:30 - Jan 29 with 1888 viewslibertine

Teabag RIP on 20:19 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

that's the one in union street Rowberry's is there now ( maybe its closed down)

the punk girl was Wendy and she used to dye her hair all sorts of crazy colours and everyone used to turn their heads with their mouths open. I don't know if its true but someone told me after Charlie smut and his made Eddie smashed the place up,

she used to have a cosh hidden behind the counter encase they reappeared {maybe its an urban myth}
Teabag RIP on 20:34 - Jan 29 with 1879 viewsDarran

Teabag RIP on 20:30 - Jan 29 by libertine

that's the one in union street Rowberry's is there now ( maybe its closed down)

the punk girl was Wendy and she used to dye her hair all sorts of crazy colours and everyone used to turn their heads with their mouths open. I don't know if its true but someone told me after Charlie smut and his made Eddie smashed the place up,

she used to have a cosh hidden behind the counter encase they reappeared {maybe its an urban myth}

That's her she was fascinating.

Teabag RIP on 20:36 - Jan 29 with 1876 viewscanhecatchit

Yes The Smith Family, Charlie and Dai I remember at the Football, right nutters they were. Think Dai does the amusment Carousel in City Centre these days. And the Ball pool thing

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Teabag RIP on 20:43 - Jan 29 with 1849 viewsPapaLazarou

Teabag RIP on 14:05 - Jan 29 by rockgodwillie

I remember this picture from a website called aardvark cymru or somethin? Looks like it now defunct. Had some good stuff on it. Teabag was featured along with the Killay woodman, and some other local characters. Anyone else come across it?

Anyway, Rip Pete, and god bless.

I remember this site, was looking for it the other day!

Another one was the blue coat/penny please man who used to stand on Parc Tawe bridge!
Teabag RIP on 20:52 - Jan 29 with 1818 viewsdickythorpe

This little fecker

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6YU0xZIgAArbaI.jpg:large
Teabag RIP on 20:55 - Jan 29 with 1812 viewsllangyfelach

If we're planning a statue for the lad Bag, can we also add bronze beauties of the bug eyed mutant Alpine Pop delivering family from the 80's? Lovely people, our own, never harmed anyone*

*apart from the nightmares and counselling I had

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Teabag RIP on 20:58 - Jan 29 with 1805 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 20:55 - Jan 29 by llangyfelach

If we're planning a statue for the lad Bag, can we also add bronze beauties of the bug eyed mutant Alpine Pop delivering family from the 80's? Lovely people, our own, never harmed anyone*

*apart from the nightmares and counselling I had

Corona lemonade plus was there a Gay day lemonade?
Teabag RIP on 20:59 - Jan 29 with 1801 viewsVetchitBack

Reading through this thread Dylan Thomas' comments have never seemed more apt

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024