Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just looked at Febs fixtures 18:59 - Jan 27 with 8168 viewsowainglyndwr

What are your thoughts on points in this period, I think we will get 4 to 5 points
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 14:07 - Jan 28 with 1558 viewsGlyn1

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 13:46 - Jan 28 by sixpenses

Impossible to tell really, depends if we can get back on track. Some of our best play this season was in the first half against Chelsea when Bony was not even on the pitch so that is not the simple answer.

Over the last 5 months we have picked up 3 less PL points than we did in the same period (Sep to Jan inclusive) last year. Despite the crammed fixture list, ongoing major injuries and a supposedly weaker team back then plus still staying in Europe and the FA Cup.

Given 2 extra games were played in that period last season; then if we pick up 3 points in the next 2 games we will only be equal (on straight points) with the Manager who was sacked 4 days after the end of that period last season (and according to many on here for being crap).

5 months is a long time in football.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 14:14]

I don't know what you mean by picking up fewer points compared to last season. Back then we had 21 points after 21 matches, so we're 9 points better off.

http://tinyurl.com/o5g435d

Click on the above table to enlarge it. Doesn't include the Chelsea defeat. It's based on an idea by Martyn.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 14:11]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 14:17 - Jan 28 with 1538 viewssixpenses

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 14:07 - Jan 28 by Glyn1

I don't know what you mean by picking up fewer points compared to last season. Back then we had 21 points after 21 matches, so we're 9 points better off.

http://tinyurl.com/o5g435d

Click on the above table to enlarge it. Doesn't include the Chelsea defeat. It's based on an idea by Martyn.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 14:11]

Sorry it's 4 points we need out of the next 2 games to be doing better (by 1 point)

I am looking at the games post our 3 initial wins. As stated Sep to Jan inc.

The last 5 months
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 14:55 - Jan 28 with 1528 viewsmorningstar

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 14:17 - Jan 28 by sixpenses

Sorry it's 4 points we need out of the next 2 games to be doing better (by 1 point)

I am looking at the games post our 3 initial wins. As stated Sep to Jan inc.

The last 5 months

yes, but why are you discounting those 3 games? What's the reasoning behind it when we are comparing last seasons results/points tally to this?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 16:08 - Jan 28 with 1499 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd say a number towards the bottom end of the range (i.e. we'll be struggling to get two wins). My hunch is that it is going to be a long old season now, but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 16:50]
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 16:10 - Jan 28 with 1499 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 09:18 - Jan 28 by shandyjack

What situation? Needing only 10pts from remaining 54 to guarantee safety for another season!

I we only get 10 points from the next possible 58 we should be looking for a new manager in the Summer
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 19:18 - Jan 28 with 1464 viewssixpenses

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 14:55 - Jan 28 by morningstar

yes, but why are you discounting those 3 games? What's the reasoning behind it when we are comparing last seasons results/points tally to this?

No I am looking at the more recent general trend after our initial 3 wins to see how much we are relying on that to prop up our ongoing performances.

As I quite clearly stated a period covering Sep to Jan inclusive (5 full months - and 5 months is a long time in football)

I suppose I would justify it on the basis that some consider it ok to consider the end of one season and the start of the next and draw meaningful conclusions from that. Or consider that the only viable like for like is a run of games as I have given here.

I know fairly recently someone else pointed out we were down to a point a game over quite a period.

The point is it is a meaningful comparison of a substantial period - the last 5 full months (just over half a season) and shows how last year in much more difficult circumstances that 5 month run of games was no worse than we are experiencing now even on straight points per game.

we are doing no better over many months now, and without any ongoing European / Cup success.

Of course my preferred analysis is like for like games as that (whilst not ideal) gives the most meaningful comparison.
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 19:31 - Jan 28 with 1459 viewsVetchitBack

Some saying 9-10 on form but currently 4-5.

So I'd say 7 on average is fair. Maybe 6.

Anyone know if Gomis will sort his head out or if we'll get another striker?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 19:35 - Jan 28 with 1462 viewsOldjack

Saints away 1-1
Sunderland home 3-1
West Brom away 1-2
Man Utd home 2-0
Burnley away 2-2

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 19:43 - Jan 28 with 1457 viewsmorningstar

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 19:18 - Jan 28 by sixpenses

No I am looking at the more recent general trend after our initial 3 wins to see how much we are relying on that to prop up our ongoing performances.

As I quite clearly stated a period covering Sep to Jan inclusive (5 full months - and 5 months is a long time in football)

I suppose I would justify it on the basis that some consider it ok to consider the end of one season and the start of the next and draw meaningful conclusions from that. Or consider that the only viable like for like is a run of games as I have given here.

I know fairly recently someone else pointed out we were down to a point a game over quite a period.

The point is it is a meaningful comparison of a substantial period - the last 5 full months (just over half a season) and shows how last year in much more difficult circumstances that 5 month run of games was no worse than we are experiencing now even on straight points per game.

we are doing no better over many months now, and without any ongoing European / Cup success.

Of course my preferred analysis is like for like games as that (whilst not ideal) gives the most meaningful comparison.

Ok, but if we had lost our first three games would you have counted them in a like for like points per games ratio to last season as that would be much easier wouldn't it? I've never seen a comparison by anyone anywhere over 5 months it just seems really weird like? Especially when that comparison makes poor reading whilst discounting the fact we won our previous 3 games? .....hang on! Your not one of them 'agenda boys' Darran keeps talking about are you?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 21:47 - Jan 28 with 1425 viewsjacksfullaces

Key players missing and poor recent form so sunderland will be a big one and needs to be a home win full of character if not charisma. anything else will be a bonus as we try and find our post Bony style, wait for gylfi/ki to return and set some targets for the rest of the season. Between 3 and 5.
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 1414 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 19:18 - Jan 28 by sixpenses

It is commonly called "Cherry Picking".
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 22:24 - Jan 28 with 1396 viewsGixerJack

Two wins & two draws and one loss
Ju1 point from that lot q arst looked at Febs fixtures on 22:49 - Jan 28 with 1390 viewstomdickharry

What situation? Needing only 10pts from remaining 54 to guarantee safety for another season!

Could you kindly post a link where it states that 40 points guarantees safety in the PL,statistically perhaps but in reality especially this season that will not be the case.
Southampton - will steamroller us next Sunday
Sunderland - Bully us off the park,Mr Defoe could have an interesting afternoon.
WBA - Pullis now in charge,we have seen what he can produce before hard game.
Man U - No chance
Burnley - Will run us off the park on a cold afternoon in the North of England
2 pts from these fixtures
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 22:52 - Jan 28 with 1376 viewssixpenses

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 19:43 - Jan 28 by morningstar

Ok, but if we had lost our first three games would you have counted them in a like for like points per games ratio to last season as that would be much easier wouldn't it? I've never seen a comparison by anyone anywhere over 5 months it just seems really weird like? Especially when that comparison makes poor reading whilst discounting the fact we won our previous 3 games? .....hang on! Your not one of them 'agenda boys' Darran keeps talking about are you?

Ah now you are getting the hang of it.

So selective picking of stats like the end of one and the start of the next season (which are repeatedly used to bash Laudrup) would be even more out of order given they are a random string of games and also from 2 independent seasons.

Why did you not make the same point you make now when that is regularly brought up?

Hang on your are not one of those agenda boys are you

Still, doing worse than Laudrup did over the same period of 5 months just before he was sacked for supposedly being so crap (despite in his case the major ongoing injuries, crammed fixture lists and great run in Europe and still in that and the FA Cup). Oh but of course it was not on results was it, it was for eroding the Swansea way.

Lets think about that one should we?

Yet Still we are talking about our most recent performances over a period of 5 months (and within one season), got to make you think. If we are relying on 3 games at the start of the season to prop us up for the remaining 5 months hardly fills you with confidence about the direction of our performances does it?
Ju1 point from that lot q arst looked at Febs fixtures on 23:41 - Jan 28 with 1368 viewsshandyjack

Ju1 point from that lot q arst looked at Febs fixtures on 22:49 - Jan 28 by tomdickharry

Could you kindly post a link where it states that 40 points guarantees safety in the PL,statistically perhaps but in reality especially this season that will not be the case.
Sunderland - Bully us off the park,Mr Defoe could have an interesting afternoon.
Man U - No chance

Realistically this season 36/38 will be ok, I think only 1 team has ever gone down on 40 pts

Poll: Expectation for the season

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 23:55 - Jan 28 with 1365 viewsLeonisGod

Yes, but some numpties started talking about Europe and so mid-table is now seen as a failure.
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 00:11 - Jan 29 with 1357 viewsshandyjack

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 23:55 - Jan 28 by LeonisGod

Yes, but some numpties started talking about Europe and so mid-table is now seen as a failure.

Europe is above what our squad can achieve
Mid table is a good season
Staying up should always be first aim

Poll: Expectation for the season

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 12:40 - Feb 2 with 1285 viewsGlyn1

It's interesting that NONE of us predicted a win against Southampton, so I'm not going to criticize Merson and the other pundits who wrote us off.

Based on what we saw on Sunday, is anyone going to change their predictions?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 12:49 - Feb 2 with 1270 viewsmichumagic9

15/15 !!! 😋
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 13:03 - Feb 2 with 1230 viewsEdmundo

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 23:44 - Jan 27 by bermudajack

Hate to say this but the way the team have been shockingly poor at the back of late and not scoring many

I fear 2 points will be more realistic... But I would be delirious with 4/5

3 points towards that 4/5 points already 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 13:10 - Feb 2 with 1220 viewsmichumagic9

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 12:40 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

It's interesting that NONE of us predicted a win against Southampton, so I'm not going to criticize Merson and the other pundits who wrote us off.

Iv never really liked Merson he always backs against us. I can't blame his prediction for the Southampton game but I just don't like his comments that he makes.
Ju1 point from that lot q arst looked at Febs fixtures on 13:10 - Feb 2 with 1220 viewsfootball2301

Ju1 point from that lot q arst looked at Febs fixtures on 22:49 - Jan 28 by tomdickharry

Man U - No chance

well the first part of your predictions has failed lets hope the rest do
Just looked at Febs fixtures on 13:32 - Feb 2 with 1193 viewssully49

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 23:28 - Jan 27 by deanscfc

Predictions here tell a story of just how low confidence in the team is at the moment. I'll go with 5 points.

If we were playing like at the start of the season, i would have gone for 9-10 pts.

Then our season proper kicks off from today then. Just look at the players coming in and back any day soon, Shelvy stepping up to the mark, Gomis giving it a go although i'de like to see him have to fight for his place, then go some.8/9 points is certainly achievable, we've even got Man U at home.

We must become the 12th man at every game from now boys, at least in our stand anyway.

Even the people who have downers so far this season have to be magnanimous about yesterday surely? How many of the top 4 have we beaten so far? I rest my case

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 15:35 - Feb 2 with 1131 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 12:40 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

With the hindsight of our wonderful stunner at St Mary's, I'm now predicting 10 points in Feb, with:

win vs. Sunderland;
a win and a draw out of the trips to WBU and Burnley

40 points (Monk's opening day stated goal) before the end of February!

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Just looked at Febs fixtures on 15:38 - Feb 2 with 1126 viewsJackanapes

We will get between 'some' and 'a few' points this Feb.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024