Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA Medical for Taylor 08:44 - Jan 28 with 6861 viewsTrundle10

Pullis agrees £3.5 M according to the Sun
WBA Medical for Taylor on 10:45 - Jan 28 with 2679 viewsmonmouth

WBA Medical for Taylor on 09:28 - Jan 28 by WarwickHunt

Result. We can get much better abroad for £3.5m.

He's varied between distinctly average and appalling since he came back from injury, mostly the latter.

Also, I suspect he's f*cked off the club in an irreparable way (he always seemed like a bit of a dick). If so, it's a poor show given that he got a new contract after breaking his ankle. We do need a replacement ( probably pronto) if he goes though, preferably one that can add to our attacking as well as defensive options.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:02 - Jan 28 with 2600 viewsWarwickHunt

WBA Medical for Taylor on 10:45 - Jan 28 by monmouth

Also, I suspect he's f*cked off the club in an irreparable way (he always seemed like a bit of a dick). If so, it's a poor show given that he got a new contract after breaking his ankle. We do need a replacement ( probably pronto) if he goes though, preferably one that can add to our attacking as well as defensive options.

Heard at WHU away that he was off in Jan if our valuation was met.

Not rated/liked - one of the two, probably both. He's a bit shite anyway.
WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:07 - Jan 28 with 2580 viewsItchySphincter

WBA Medical for Taylor on 10:39 - Jan 28 by premierjack

I think you may be talking about the wrong Kyle?

Yeah, sort of, I was thinking of the right Kyle but the wrong name.

The point remains though - don't think we'll be paying 5M for him (Naughton)

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:10 - Jan 28 with 2574 viewsVetchitBack

Strange that Pulis who likes a team full of six-foot four, combative (read dirty) giants would goin for someone like Neil unless he's pre-ordered the roids.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:10 - Jan 28 with 2574 viewslibertine

why would we sell him for that price, its ridiculous

as GM said its difficult to buy for cheap in January

so why sell for cheap,

Oh dear we've already done that with Bony
WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:46 - Jan 28 with 2444 viewsmonmouth

WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:10 - Jan 28 by libertine

why would we sell him for that price, its ridiculous

as GM said its difficult to buy for cheap in January

so why sell for cheap,

Oh dear we've already done that with Bony

Lol. Are you always this happy? :)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:54 - Jan 28 with 2411 viewsJackofdreambeach

WBA Medical for Taylor on 08:46 - Jan 28 by marchamjack

If true, surely that's too cheap for a British first choice proven PL left back

We must have that French guy or someone else in the bag then too to allow us to sell at that price

In fairness , the French player at St Etienne looks class. St Etienne pushing hard for a champions league spot in the French league and he's rated highly. But the price is the
right valuation for the player (3-4 million pounds)

The targets , both defensive Olssen of Norwich and the midfielders from Stutgart (Maxim)and Kuban(M'Villa) look top quality.

Let's hope we strengthen with a couple of these and that they're putting on the white Swansea shirt sooner rather than later
WBA Medical for Taylor on 12:40 - Jan 28 with 2296 viewssnork44

Looks like Palarse are going to sign Lille left back Pape Soare for £3.6 Million, so it looks like that rumour has gone down the sh1tter!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Login to get fewer ads

WBA Medical for Taylor on 12:44 - Jan 28 with 2272 viewsParlay

WBA Medical for Taylor on 10:16 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

In fairness I don't think we'll be paying anything near 5M for Kyle Walker.

You have had a mare today

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

WBA Medical for Taylor on 12:56 - Jan 28 with 2220 viewsSwanseaNapoli

WBA Medical for Taylor on 08:46 - Jan 28 by marchamjack

If true, surely that's too cheap for a British first choice proven PL left back

We must have that French guy or someone else in the bag then too to allow us to sell at that price

Let's get something straight which is ALWAYS used to defend Neil Taylor.

TAYLOR IS NOT HOMEGROWN

I think Martin Olsson is homegrown and in that sense he adds something that Taylor doesn't.
WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:11 - Jan 28 with 2152 viewsQuakerJack

WBA Medical for Taylor on 12:40 - Jan 28 by snork44

Looks like Palarse are going to sign Lille left back Pape Soare for £3.6 Million, so it looks like that rumour has gone down the sh1tter!

Their bid was 3mil reportedly, which we rejected.... so are we now led to believe that we've accepted a measly 500k extra?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:11 - Jan 28 with 2148 viewssully49

WBA Medical for Taylor on 09:07 - Jan 28 by Far_Post

This deal would make absolutely no sense. Taylor is a first team regular here and for Wales and why would we sign Kyle Naughton for £5million then sell Tayls for £3.5.

The only reason I could think to sell would be if we had a ready made replacement lined up.

Totally bonkers, but the way we are grabbing anything we can nothing would surprise me. Since Ben as gone Taylor hasn't been too bad, he's one of the only players to come back from injury and improve, £3.5M is way too low for him anyway.
We can't buy ourselves out of the current situation, we are being told that bringing in players is to strengthen our squad, why then why are we selling first choice players? There are 1 or 2 should go any day soon.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:21 - Jan 28 with 2107 viewsshandyjack

WBA Medical for Taylor on 12:56 - Jan 28 by SwanseaNapoli

TAYLOR IS NOT HOMEGROWN

I think Martin Olsson is homegrown and in that sense he adds something that Taylor doesn't.

Only ever played for British clubs, surely makes him homegrown??

Poll: Expectation for the season

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:22 - Jan 28 with 2090 viewsScoobyWho

WBA Medical for Taylor on 08:48 - Jan 28 by ApeShit

I hope we've got that French guy because, Naughton is no better than Taylor at left back, probably not as good.

I was hoping we'd hold on to Taylor after we'd sign Naughton, which would add needed depth to our squad.

Naughton wont be playing left back surely ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:29 - Jan 28 with 2058 viewsGlyn1

WBA Medical for Taylor on 11:07 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, sort of, I was thinking of the right Kyle but the wrong name.

The point remains though - don't think we'll be paying 5M for him (Naughton)

I quite like Minogue, but maybe lacks a bit of height.

Am I the only one who thinks that we've done unspectacular but decent business this transfer window? Naughton is a logical replacement for Rangel eventually. Matt Grimes is a decent signing for the future. Bony left with no hard feelings and for £6m more than the buy-out clause that we got rid of at the start of the season. Throw in £9m for Gomis and it will all be good.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:35 - Jan 28 with 2046 viewsDewi1jack

WBA Medical for Taylor on 12:56 - Jan 28 by SwanseaNapoli

TAYLOR IS NOT HOMEGROWN

How is Tayls not a homegrown player?
He spent all his qualifying time at Man C and Wrexham (and us if he came here as an U21 )
Found a simple explanation for you. Hope it helps

Written by a Gooner, but let's not hold that against him

"A Home Grown Player, as defined by the Premier League, is a player who: (a) is 21 or older on January 1 of the year in which that season begins; and (b) spent three years between the ages of 16 and 21 with a team in the English football League system.

Two important common misconceptions to clear up: this rule applies regardless of nationality, so you do NOT have to be English/Welsh to be a Home Grown Player. Wojciech Szczesny is a Home Grown Player, as is Cesc Fabregas, as a result of spending three years between the ages of 16 to 21 with a League team."

http://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2014/9/3/6101699/premier-league-home-grown-play

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:46 - Jan 28 with 1997 viewsQuakerJack

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:11 - Jan 28 by sully49

Totally bonkers, but the way we are grabbing anything we can nothing would surprise me. Since Ben as gone Taylor hasn't been too bad, he's one of the only players to come back from injury and improve, £3.5M is way too low for him anyway.
We can't buy ourselves out of the current situation, we are being told that bringing in players is to strengthen our squad, why then why are we selling first choice players? There are 1 or 2 should go any day soon.

No way has Taylor improved since his injury...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:58 - Jan 28 with 1964 viewsDewi1jack

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:46 - Jan 28 by QuakerJack

He's still a far, far better option than the 1st team players we have available for/ or have played in that position.
Not sure how far off any LB in the development squad is. Ben stepped up when needed.
Personally, I'd keep Tayls until the summer.
£3.5 million ( if true. In the Sun and true????) is nothing and we can get that back just by finishing 2 places higher

Edit.
Just having a look round other sites and found our favourite Lilly Savage writing this;
The same Savage that Gorka nailed for us

"Swansea’s Neil Taylor one of the best in Premier League, says Savage"

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/27/sl-swanseas-neil-taylor-one-the-best-i
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 14:25]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

WBA Medical for Taylor on 14:20 - Jan 28 with 1913 viewsDyfnant

Our pre- transfer window defence offered no goal scoring threat, something that needs altering pronto. Rangel can't manage up and down the wing any more, chico and Davies used to chip in with a couple and opposition defences keep their shape better because they know our fullbacks couldn't hit the target in Studio 95

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

WBA Medical for Taylor on 15:08 - Jan 28 with 1789 viewsScoobyWho

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:35 - Jan 28 by Dewi1jack

How is Tayls not a homegrown player?
He spent all his qualifying time at Man C and Wrexham (and us if he came here as an U21 )
Found a simple explanation for you. Hope it helps

Written by a Gooner, but let's not hold that against him

"A Home Grown Player, as defined by the Premier League, is a player who: (a) is 21 or older on January 1 of the year in which that season begins; and (b) spent three years between the ages of 16 and 21 with a team in the English football League system.

Two important common misconceptions to clear up: this rule applies regardless of nationality, so you do NOT have to be English/Welsh to be a Home Grown Player. Wojciech Szczesny is a Home Grown Player, as is Cesc Fabregas, as a result of spending three years between the ages of 16 to 21 with a League team."

http://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2014/9/3/6101699/premier-league-home-grown-play

Were Wrexham in the English league system ?

WBA Medical for Taylor on 15:25 - Jan 28 with 1741 viewsDewi1jack

WBA Medical for Taylor on 15:08 - Jan 28 by ScoobyWho

Were Wrexham in the English league system ?

The Conference is an English league.
Not sure if he was at Wrexham when they were in L2. Definitely at City when they were in the Prem

WBA Medical for Taylor on 15:31 - Jan 28 with 1720 viewsScoobyWho

WBA Medical for Taylor on 15:25 - Jan 28 by Dewi1jack

The Conference is an English league.
Not sure if he was at Wrexham when they were in L2. Definitely at City when they were in the Prem

Cheers, that was my point really is the conference recognised in the definition. If so no worries.

WBA Medical for Taylor on 17:05 - Jan 28 with 1603 viewsBorojack

WBA Medical for Taylor on 13:46 - Jan 28 by QuakerJack

If Taylor is going we must have someone lined
up Makes no sense otherwise Jazz has gone to Fulham we would be down to the bare bones.
Its the Sun so more than likely bollox.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

WBA Medical for Taylor on 18:20 - Jan 28 with 1508 viewshobo

There's some photos of today's training session on Swans' facebook page, and Taylor is present, so hopefully this story is bollocks
WBA Medical for Taylor on 18:20 - Jan 28 with 1508 viewsdobjack2

WBA Medical for Taylor on 17:05 - Jan 28 by Borojack

If Taylor is going we must have someone lined
up Makes no sense otherwise Jazz has gone to Fulham we would be down to the bare bones.
Its the Sun so more than likely bollox.

Tiendelli and the Scottish youngster/naughton. Sorted no need for anyone else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024