Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what would american investors want 10:21 - Jan 28 with 10428 viewslibertine

is it a bad thing that the Americans are buying a big lump of our club.

what would they do?

as ive said on here many times we are in a very special place we are in wales and the only premier club, would they want o build it up?

something has to happen as we are in a bit of a panic alarm state

what would american investors want on 22:50 - Jan 28 with 980 viewsGeoffThom

what would american investors want on 22:18 - Jan 28 by Parlay

But to be sensible you have to look at it all and not cut out the bad.

The board are not doing this in our interests. Look at the bony sale and the stadium purchase, neither were or are good deals for Swansea. They are good deals for them.

This sale is to someone who took $200m of his clubs TV rights and pocketed it.

I'm not cutting out the bad I'm trying to look on the bright side not the negative and as for the bony sale he was going anyway weather it was for 15m 25 m or35m he'd have gone for 19m if we hadn't rejiged his contract good on the board plus buying the stadium in my eyes is also a necessity as it's an asset and the more assets we gave the stronger we are and a better prospect to buy plus the council are desperate for the cash so would sell it cheaper than normal because they would normally try and squeeze every drop out of someone normally that's why when people try and do anything in Swansea they put the kibosh on it by being greedy
what would american investors want on 22:55 - Jan 28 with 967 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 22:50 - Jan 28 by GeoffThom

I'm not cutting out the bad I'm trying to look on the bright side not the negative and as for the bony sale he was going anyway weather it was for 15m 25 m or35m he'd have gone for 19m if we hadn't rejiged his contract good on the board plus buying the stadium in my eyes is also a necessity as it's an asset and the more assets we gave the stronger we are and a better prospect to buy plus the council are desperate for the cash so would sell it cheaper than normal because they would normally try and squeeze every drop out of someone normally that's why when people try and do anything in Swansea they put the kibosh on it by being greedy

But looking on the bright side isn't looking at the true picture is it.

In what possible way is buying a stadium for £25m essential?! The asset itself will be worth about £6m.

It is essential if you want to get more money for your shares though, and thats the point.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

what would american investors want on 23:02 - Jan 28 with 953 viewsGeoffThom

what would american investors want on 22:55 - Jan 28 by Parlay

But looking on the bright side isn't looking at the true picture is it.

In what possible way is buying a stadium for £25m essential?! The asset itself will be worth about £6m.

It is essential if you want to get more money for your shares though, and thats the point.

If it does mean them and the club getting more I for one have no problem with it
As we're now going around in circles we will agree to disagree and await the outcome and if either is badly wrong you can visit this thread again
Goodnight
what would american investors want on 23:09 - Jan 28 with 941 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:02 - Jan 28 by GeoffThom

If it does mean them and the club getting more I for one have no problem with it
As we're now going around in circles we will agree to disagree and await the outcome and if either is badly wrong you can visit this thread again
Goodnight

It doesn't mean the club getting more. It means the club is spending £20 odd million on a pointless asset to boost the directors pay day. It will also be the pretext to get the club up to its neck in debt.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 23:11 - Jan 28 with 940 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 23:09 - Jan 28 by Parlay

It doesn't mean the club getting more. It means the club is spending £20 odd million on a pointless asset to boost the directors pay day. It will also be the pretext to get the club up to its neck in debt.

Apart from the fact that Bony is sold, the negotiations continue to buy the stadium and the press today continue to report the purchase price of the shares is unchanged.

This master strategy you speak of is not going very well, is it?
what would american investors want on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 936 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:11 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

Apart from the fact that Bony is sold, the negotiations continue to buy the stadium and the press today continue to report the purchase price of the shares is unchanged.

This master strategy you speak of is not going very well, is it?

The stadium has not been bought.

Keep up.

It is my belief the stadium purchase was part of the initial negotiations anyway, and the non purchase of it would be a deal breaker. The stadium purchase will facilitate the sale to the Americans.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:14]

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 23:16 - Jan 28 with 929 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 23:12 - Jan 28 by Parlay

The stadium has not been bought.

Keep up.

It is my belief the stadium purchase was part of the initial negotiations anyway, and the non purchase of it would be a deal breaker. The stadium purchase will facilitate the sale to the Americans.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:14]

So, you think the Americans are going to pay more than £30m for 30% once the stadium deal is done? Someone should tell the SWEP - today's story is already out of date.

Bony is sold though, which was phase 1 of your master plan. Keep up.

EDIT - God, you and your continuing editing of your posts. You should count to 10 before you hit post reply.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:18]
what would american investors want on 23:18 - Jan 28 with 925 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:16 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

So, you think the Americans are going to pay more than £30m for 30% once the stadium deal is done? Someone should tell the SWEP - today's story is already out of date.

Bony is sold though, which was phase 1 of your master plan. Keep up.

EDIT - God, you and your continuing editing of your posts. You should count to 10 before you hit post reply.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:18]

No, i think they will pay £30m for 30% AFTER the stadium purchase... And have no intention of buying without it. Use your brain.

Keep up.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

what would american investors want on 23:24 - Jan 28 with 913 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 23:18 - Jan 28 by Parlay

No, i think they will pay £30m for 30% AFTER the stadium purchase... And have no intention of buying without it. Use your brain.

Keep up.

Please dtop adding to your posts after you hit submit to make an extra point. Especially as this forum software makes it look like I'm replying to something I've never read. You added the final paragraph after I posted mine.

Anyway, the price of £30m was floated before the stadium purchase was mooted. You think incorrectly, I'm afraid.
what would american investors want on 23:26 - Jan 28 with 909 viewssixpenses

what would american investors want on 20:40 - Jan 28 by libertine

have you any places to read up on them?

Sorry Libertine was not about earlier. I see Morningstar had included a link of interest

It was quite a while ago I looked into this, when it was first raised. There were things posted in the thread if you can find it. But I also did searches and read up on some of the more official type reports. Read from a few sources too to try and get a more balanced view.

It was reported that they had been investigated for certain sharp practice to significantly raise the share price, which they used to make major profits. Nothing could be proven against them despite them massively profiting from it.
what would american investors want on 23:27 - Jan 28 with 905 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:24 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

Please dtop adding to your posts after you hit submit to make an extra point. Especially as this forum software makes it look like I'm replying to something I've never read. You added the final paragraph after I posted mine.

Anyway, the price of £30m was floated before the stadium purchase was mooted. You think incorrectly, I'm afraid.

Why? Does it offend you then? If i have a point to make that i have not put in, i will add it. So tough. If you then have to add a point to yours then thats what you will have to do. Get over it.

Which part of the deal clearly hinged on the stadium purchase is confusing you? You are digging your own hole here, im afraid.

It is no coincidence we have rushed through the sale of bony probably at 30% less than value at a time (january) where there is usually a premium added, not a discount.. And to the richest club in the world.

The deal was rushed so we can facilitate this deal. Wake up.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:29]

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 23:27 - Jan 28 with 905 viewsBloodyhills

Ultimately investors would want to make a profit from the club and would any care about the club in as far as it can deliver profits.

If we were very short of money and needed external investment to say, keep us in the prem, they maybe it would be a good thing but I don't think we need that at the moment.

If we want to push on and challenge for European places, well, huge amounts would be needed and then it might not work.

I prefer to stick with the economic model we have at the moment. Just look at ManU to see where 'investment' led. They are leached of millions every year to service a debt incured in by the Glazers in buying the club.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

what would american investors want on 23:31 - Jan 28 with 897 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 23:27 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Why? Does it offend you then? If i have a point to make that i have not put in, i will add it. So tough. If you then have to add a point to yours then thats what you will have to do. Get over it.

Which part of the deal clearly hinged on the stadium purchase is confusing you? You are digging your own hole here, im afraid.

It is no coincidence we have rushed through the sale of bony probably at 30% less than value at a time (january) where there is usually a premium added, not a discount.. And to the richest club in the world.

The deal was rushed so we can facilitate this deal. Wake up.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:29]

It doesn't offend me. It's just disingenous. Especially as reducing your post count doesn't really seem a big issue to you.

No hole dug or digging. Just pointing out your flawed logic. The price was arrived at with no stadium purchase attached to the deal, as the stadium purchase was not on offer then.

It could be a pre-condition now, but it certainly didn't inflate the return to the shareholders as you claim, certainly if the SWEP today is to be believed. The price is still the same.

EDIT - sigh, and now you add the point re Bony. So, again, the Bony sale was rushed through to inflate the share price, and yet STILL the price remains 30% for £30m. The same as it was last October when the deal was first announced. So it has had no impact on the sale price at all. This masterplan is not going very well at all.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:35]
what would american investors want on 23:33 - Jan 28 with 892 viewsperchrockjack

It's like bring drawn into quicksand.

Time to ignore this one for good.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

what would american investors want on 23:36 - Jan 28 with 887 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:31 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

It doesn't offend me. It's just disingenous. Especially as reducing your post count doesn't really seem a big issue to you.

No hole dug or digging. Just pointing out your flawed logic. The price was arrived at with no stadium purchase attached to the deal, as the stadium purchase was not on offer then.

It could be a pre-condition now, but it certainly didn't inflate the return to the shareholders as you claim, certainly if the SWEP today is to be believed. The price is still the same.

EDIT - sigh, and now you add the point re Bony. So, again, the Bony sale was rushed through to inflate the share price, and yet STILL the price remains 30% for £30m. The same as it was last October when the deal was first announced. So it has had no impact on the sale price at all. This masterplan is not going very well at all.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:35]

Disingenuous? Do you understand what that word means? If i have left something out, i will add it. Disingenuous doesn't come into it. Maybe you should count to 10 before replying.

How in Gods name do you know what the deal was? You don't.

There is no "still the same" why should there be any change? The offer for 30% of shares without a stadium is zero, the offer for 30% of shares with is £30 million.

This goes way back. Dont be fooled into thinking this is some off the cuff decision. Bony was supposed to be sold long before now, why do you think we paid £17m for a back up striker? He was supposed to be first choice but Bony didn't end up leaving.

People need to open their eyes.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 23:37 - Jan 28 with 885 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 23:36 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Disingenuous? Do you understand what that word means? If i have left something out, i will add it. Disingenuous doesn't come into it. Maybe you should count to 10 before replying.

There is no "still the same" why should there be any change? The offer for 30% of shares without a stadium is zero, the offer for 30% of shares with is £30 million.

This goes way back. Dont be fooled into thinking this is some off the cuff decision. Bony was supposed to be sold long before now, why do you think we paid £17m for a back up striker? He was supposed to be first choice but Bony didn't end up leaving.

You need to keep up. I know exactly what the deal was. I've already said on here that I'm helping the trust.
what would american investors want on 23:40 - Jan 28 with 880 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:37 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

You need to keep up. I know exactly what the deal was. I've already said on here that I'm helping the trust.

No, you need to keep up.

Its like speaking to a child. The trust knew nothing until the last minute. Only when an offer was on the table and even then they didn't know the caveats and verbal agreements. Like i said, you know nothing if the deal, only what you are told the deal is.

I am telling you, if we don't buy the stadium there will be no 30% for £30m. Id be quite happy to offer anything you like on that. Up for it?

This deal had been talked about long ago, dont be so naive to think its an off the cuff deal this year and the trust are informed at every juncture because they arent. It is the reason Gomis is here.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:43]

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 23:52 - Jan 28 with 865 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 23:40 - Jan 28 by Parlay

No, you need to keep up.

Its like speaking to a child. The trust knew nothing until the last minute. Only when an offer was on the table and even then they didn't know the caveats and verbal agreements. Like i said, you know nothing if the deal, only what you are told the deal is.

I am telling you, if we don't buy the stadium there will be no 30% for £30m. Id be quite happy to offer anything you like on that. Up for it?

This deal had been talked about long ago, dont be so naive to think its an off the cuff deal this year and the trust are informed at every juncture because they arent. It is the reason Gomis is here.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 23:43]

You can tell me whatever you like, my child.

What's your definition of the trust knowing nothing until the 'last minute'?
what would american investors want on 23:53 - Jan 28 with 862 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:52 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

You can tell me whatever you like, my child.

What's your definition of the trust knowing nothing until the 'last minute'?

And I have. Your naivety is stunning.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 23:56 - Jan 28 with 857 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 23:53 - Jan 28 by Parlay

And I have. Your naivety is stunning.

I'll cope.
what would american investors want on 23:57 - Jan 28 with 843 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:56 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

I'll cope.

Oh i dont doubt it. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 23:59 - Jan 28 with 843 viewssixpenses

I am a little confused why some seem concerned to find buyers for the shareholders to sell their shares for windfall profits making many millions (which the buyers will want to recoup from our club even though the club has not seen a penny of it).

Our responsibility is to do everything in our power to stop foreign money men getting a controlling interest in our club and ousting the Trust. Not to facilitate it.

If that means our already well rewarded shareholders get a few less millions for their shares or are even unable to sell them - tough. We should be protecting the Club no stuffing their pockets with extra millions at the expense of our club.
what would american investors want on 00:00 - Jan 29 with 839 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 23:59 - Jan 28 by sixpenses

I am a little confused why some seem concerned to find buyers for the shareholders to sell their shares for windfall profits making many millions (which the buyers will want to recoup from our club even though the club has not seen a penny of it).

Our responsibility is to do everything in our power to stop foreign money men getting a controlling interest in our club and ousting the Trust. Not to facilitate it.

If that means our already well rewarded shareholders get a few less millions for their shares or are even unable to sell them - tough. We should be protecting the Club no stuffing their pockets with extra millions at the expense of our club.

Word perfect.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 00:22 - Jan 29 with 827 viewsUxbridge

what would american investors want on 20:29 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

I know Katzen didn't remortgage his house ....

Yes or no would you sell if you were a board member ? I don't need a lecture just a straight yes or no will do.

You're confusing what's best for the individual vs. What's best for SCFC.

Still, if you grew up with posters of specific directors on your bedroom wall you could cheer it I suppose.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

what would american investors want on 00:40 - Jan 29 with 813 viewsUxbridge

what would american investors want on 23:36 - Jan 28 by Parlay

You're reaching IMO. And I agree with Jacko. In terms of the share sale nothings actually changed in terms of the headline figures since the initial reports.

It's obvious why the Merkins want to buy, and the arguments about a few relatively low level assets are irrelevant to that. This is all about the TV, here and abroad.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024