Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what would american investors want 10:21 - Jan 28 with 10425 viewslibertine

is it a bad thing that the Americans are buying a big lump of our club.

what would they do?

as ive said on here many times we are in a very special place we are in wales and the only premier club, would they want o build it up?

something has to happen as we are in a bit of a panic alarm state

what would american investors want on 20:54 - Jan 28 with 1182 viewslibertine

if you applied for a bank loan in 2002 then they were quite easy to come by, also if you'd been in business before it would not appear such a frightening prospect.

Also I thought that if you were a LTd company then your house was safe.

I wonder if a very large number of people could be found to invest in the for sale shares, Swansea Fans obviously, or is that a long shot

hopefully not like the government did with the PO
what would american investors want on 20:58 - Jan 28 with 1170 viewsmorningstar

what would american investors want on 20:42 - Jan 28 by Parlay

I said if i was Katzen id sell.

The likes of Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan have no such excuse however. They have lauded themselves as saviours of Swansea and fans of the club that took over to save it. Even stuck a million quid of the clubs money into a move to document their ownership.

They make mega bucks from the club and have had their investment back more than 10 fold.

If they are to sell they have a duty to make sure the club is in good hands. John Moores is not good hands.

It's not John Moores coming in that worries me, it's John Moores going out! Not just the San Diego Padres, the man seems to have a bit of a habit of destroying what he builds!

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2002-10-13/just-how-much-did-john-moores-kno

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

what would american investors want on 20:58 - Jan 28 with 1167 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 20:50 - Jan 28 by GeoffThom

If you think they're not right as I said buy into it ,I for one couldn't and I don't know if you could or couldn't as I said I don't see anyone else riding into town to take the swans over ,if we want this club to remain at the top table we need money men some of our directors would be ok in the lower leagues but that's it we've been lucky so far gone are the days of the butcher baker and candlestick maker owning the local club times have moved on

I cant afford £30m. But that is besides the point.

Nobody needs to ride into town. We have owners who apparently want the best for our club. Great, then do whats best for our club then and not sell to parasites at the first opportunity.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

what would american investors want on 20:58 - Jan 28 with 1170 viewsGeoffThom

what would american investors want on 20:52 - Jan 28 by perchrockjack

If our team do eell so do the yanks .

Why would they wanting shaft us.

It's in their own interests for us to prosper.

Parochial,small time thinking has held back swansea in every way. This could be the genesis of our club ,city really moving up in the world..

Very true
what would american investors want on 20:59 - Jan 28 with 1163 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 20:58 - Jan 28 by morningstar

It's not John Moores coming in that worries me, it's John Moores going out! Not just the San Diego Padres, the man seems to have a bit of a habit of destroying what he builds!

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2002-10-13/just-how-much-did-john-moores-kno

Yes thats my point. He has an awful track record.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 21:12 - Jan 28 with 1151 viewsGeoffThom

what would american investors want on 20:58 - Jan 28 by Parlay

I cant afford £30m. But that is besides the point.

Nobody needs to ride into town. We have owners who apparently want the best for our club. Great, then do whats best for our club then and not sell to parasites at the first opportunity.

How do we know they're the first there may well gave been others these are probably the only ones willing to follow through with an offer our directors seem as if they've gone as far as they can to move up a gear we need to sell if it's right or wrong only time will tell in my 45 years of watching the swans I've seen it all some for the good some for the bad but one thing I won't have at this time is giving the board a hammering over what they feel is right for the club
what would american investors want on 21:13 - Jan 28 with 1146 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 21:12 - Jan 28 by GeoffThom

How do we know they're the first there may well gave been others these are probably the only ones willing to follow through with an offer our directors seem as if they've gone as far as they can to move up a gear we need to sell if it's right or wrong only time will tell in my 45 years of watching the swans I've seen it all some for the good some for the bad but one thing I won't have at this time is giving the board a hammering over what they feel is right for the club

An educated guess.

Whether they are the first or the millionth, their track record is awful and as far away from a safe pair of hands as you can get.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 1136 viewspencoedjack

what would american investors want on 21:12 - Jan 28 by GeoffThom

True mate.

The doom merchants fail to give an alternative ....
Login to get fewer ads

what would american investors want on 21:46 - Jan 28 with 1113 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 21:20 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

True mate.

The doom merchants fail to give an alternative ....

Ive given one. Dont sell to people with awful track records. Not hard.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 21:51 - Jan 28 with 1107 viewspencoedjack

what would american investors want on 21:46 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Ive given one. Dont sell to people with awful track records. Not hard.

But they are going to sell .... So who is this gallant knight in shining armour riding into Swansea to pay millions of pounds for shares ?
what would american investors want on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 1101 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 21:51 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

But they are going to sell .... So who is this gallant knight in shining armour riding into Swansea to pay millions of pounds for shares ?

You are missing the point.

Nobody is saying they should sell to someone else. We all realise they are selling to the Americans. We are making the point that it is an awful decision for people supposedly having the club at heart. Nobody is making them leave, nobody is forcing them to sell their shares.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 22:01 - Jan 28 with 1086 viewsGeoffThom

what would american investors want on 21:53 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Nobody is saying they should sell to someone else. We all realise they are selling to the Americans. We are making the point that it is an awful decision for people supposedly having the club at heart. Nobody is making them leave, nobody is forcing them to sell their shares.

It's probably a desicion not taken lightly they may well rather hold on to the club but to be fair to them they are trying to be forward thinking in the outlook for the club and if it means them being handsomely paid for it I don't care and unless someone comes up with a realistic alternative involving big money it's going to happen
what would american investors want on 22:01 - Jan 28 with 1083 viewsjackonicko

How did we suddenly get to the conclusion that it *is* an awful decision?
what would american investors want on 22:02 - Jan 28 with 1079 viewspencoedjack

I'm not missing the point your view differs from mine.

Anyway cant be arsed to argue ... Enjoy your night or day whatever it is in Oz (or wherever you are) .
what would american investors want on 22:03 - Jan 28 with 1075 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 22:02 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

I'm not missing the point your view differs from mine.

Anyway cant be arsed to argue ... Enjoy your night or day whatever it is in Oz (or wherever you are) .

Wales.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 22:04 - Jan 28 with 1070 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 22:01 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

How did we suddenly get to the conclusion that it *is* an awful decision?

Because it cant be anything but, when looked at it rationally.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 22:05]

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 22:05 - Jan 28 with 1065 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 22:04 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Because it cant be anything but, when looked at it rationally.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 22:05]

It can be anything but an awful decision?

So, we are saying it is not an awful decision now? I can't keep up.
what would american investors want on 22:06 - Jan 28 with 1055 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 22:05 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

It can be anything but an awful decision?

So, we are saying it is not an awful decision now? I can't keep up.

Cant.

Read it again.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 22:06]

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 22:09 - Jan 28 with 1044 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 22:06 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Cant.

Read it again.

You little cant. You and your editing again...
what would american investors want on 22:10 - Jan 28 with 1041 viewsGeoffThom

what would american investors want on 22:06 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Cant.

Read it again.

Your surmising you don't know and neither does anyone else it's purley your opinion as is mine
what would american investors want on 22:11 - Jan 28 with 1031 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 22:09 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

You little cant. You and your editing again...

You would prefer me to keep a typo and thus portray my opinion incorrectly?

Weird.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 22:12 - Jan 28 with 1029 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 22:10 - Jan 28 by GeoffThom

Your surmising you don't know and neither does anyone else it's purley your opinion as is mine

I don't know Messi would be a good player in the Prem either. But its a safe bet when looked at sensibly.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 22:16 - Jan 28 with 1025 viewsGeoffThom

what would american investors want on 22:12 - Jan 28 by Parlay

I don't know Messi would be a good player in the Prem either. But its a safe bet when looked at sensibly.

Well I'm not a betting man I'm trying to look into the good not the bad of any deal that may or may not happen but I'm willing to bet on the boys running the club doing the right thing because they've not let us down so far so that makes them a good bet
what would american investors want on 22:18 - Jan 28 with 1020 viewsjackonicko

what would american investors want on 22:11 - Jan 28 by Parlay

You would prefer me to keep a typo and thus portray my opinion incorrectly?

Weird.

I typed my answer based on your post. And then you came back with a snippy little 'read it again' suggesting I had misunderstood, rather than you were incapable of expressing your argument.

So, let me pose an alternate view.

The americans have not suddenly appeared from nowhere. They have been sought out by the current shareholders so that some of them can sell out. That is common knowledge.

You think that it is more awful to sell to these americans than to maintain the status quo, with core directors and shareholders who want out? What is the future of the club if they are forced to stay, but no longer have an interest in doing so? That could be more awful than selling.

I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying that your arbitrary conclusion that it is so, is not supportable.
what would american investors want on 22:18 - Jan 28 with 1016 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 22:16 - Jan 28 by GeoffThom

Well I'm not a betting man I'm trying to look into the good not the bad of any deal that may or may not happen but I'm willing to bet on the boys running the club doing the right thing because they've not let us down so far so that makes them a good bet

But to be sensible you have to look at it all and not cut out the bad.

The board are not doing this in our interests. Look at the bony sale and the stadium purchase, neither were or are good deals for Swansea. They are good deals for them.

This sale is to someone who took $200m of his clubs TV rights and pocketed it.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024