Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what would american investors want 10:21 - Jan 28 with 10402 viewslibertine

is it a bad thing that the Americans are buying a big lump of our club.

what would they do?

as ive said on here many times we are in a very special place we are in wales and the only premier club, would they want o build it up?

something has to happen as we are in a bit of a panic alarm state

what would american investors want on 10:29 - Jan 28 with 4259 viewsjacabertawe

Yes. Bad thing for the Club. But good for those who will pocket millions.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

what would american investors want on 10:36 - Jan 28 with 4241 viewsgetcarter

Positive move which will guarantee Premiership football for a long time.
what would american investors want on 10:41 - Jan 28 with 4221 viewslibertine

forgive my ignorance on this

but what would they get out of it or what is their motivation
what would american investors want on 11:57 - Jan 28 with 4145 viewsDafyddHuw

what would american investors want on 10:41 - Jan 28 by libertine

Exactly. It's the question that nobody from the Trust or the Board seem to want to answer.
what would american investors want on 12:04 - Jan 28 with 4128 viewslifelong

What anyone wants when they invest in something... Make money.

What other reason is there?
what would american investors want on 12:06 - Jan 28 with 4114 viewsParlay

Money.

Its a bad move for the club. No longer will we be doing things to benefit the club (although its debatable whether we have for some time) and instead cash is king.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

what would american investors want on 12:19 - Jan 28 with 4096 viewsSkipTheJack

I'm struggling to see how this can possibly be a good thing for the club, and it will probably see us sink into debt over the next few years.

Instead of buying the ground, I'd rather see us use the Bony money to buy out the 30% of shares that are rumoured to be for sale.
what would american investors want on 12:29 - Jan 28 with 4077 viewsDafyddHuw

what would american investors want on 12:04 - Jan 28 by lifelong

Not necessarily. Abramovitch isn't looking for a return from Chelsea, nor the sheik from Man City. Sunderland's owner just keeps pumping in millions year after year. He doesn't expect to see any return on his investment either.
That;s just 3 teams off the top of my head.
Just wish some directors would come out and say "If someone wanted to invest millions in the club, what we would find acceptable terms are ..."
Login to get fewer ads

what would american investors want on 12:32 - Jan 28 with 4059 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 12:29 - Jan 28 by DafyddHuw

Not necessarily. Abramovitch isn't looking for a return from Chelsea, nor the sheik from Man City. Sunderland's owner just keeps pumping in millions year after year. He doesn't expect to see any return on his investment either.
Just wish some directors would come out and say "If someone wanted to invest millions in the club, what we would find acceptable terms are ..."

Completely different level of owner and not comparable in the slightest.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 13:01 - Jan 28 with 4010 viewsskippyjack

Abramovich bought Chelsea to get away from Russia.. plus get cosy with our Govt for protection.. (avoiding arrest)

The Sheikhs come to Britain for business ties with the UK..

The football is just a smokescreen and toy.. plus a media platform for Roman.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

what would american investors want on 13:03 - Jan 28 with 4004 viewsmonmouth

Yeah, these particular two yanks have a track record of being totally selfless and giving all their money to worthwhile sporting causes.

F**k. A. Duck.

It would be the end of the whole founding ethos of our phoenix club. I'm astonished people cant see this.

There is a good question above, why not a share buyback using the bony cash. Strengthens the trust by reducing the shares in issue and buys out sme/satisfies other of any greedy c**ts on the board. Feasible? Anyone know? Where's shaky when you don't need him?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

what would american investors want on 13:09 - Jan 28 with 3979 viewsVetchitBack

I blame Jack to a King

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

what would american investors want on 13:10 - Jan 28 with 3978 viewssixpenses

Have you looked at their history.

If not do a bit of reading then tell me taking big profits out of their investments is not their prime objective.

The reward for investment is Profit

The reward for naivety is getting your club screwed over
what would american investors want on 13:48 - Jan 28 with 3906 viewslibertine

what does that mean though

as mentioned they might want to buy us for hobby like other clubs

big clubs, why not?

surely the objective of some of the current board was to make a quick buck isn't that the general motivation for business.

But to make money you need to get to the top, look at our fanbase its potentially massive.

especially with the foreign player support.
what would american investors want on 13:52 - Jan 28 with 3897 viewsdgt73

New investment would be great and if certain board members make money out if it good for them, it's what everyone on here would do.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

what would american investors want on 13:59 - Jan 28 with 3870 viewsPrivate_Partz

what would american investors want on 13:52 - Jan 28 by dgt73

New investment would be great and if certain board members make money out if it good for them, it's what everyone on here would do.

Not all new investment is good but I agree with you that most people would sell up if say 50k can make 5m at a stroke. Just because most would do this does not mean we should say 'good on them'. We should be making sure that our club is secure for the future. A supporters perspective is different from those holding multiple shares in the club.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

what would american investors want on 13:59 - Jan 28 with 3864 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 13:52 - Jan 28 by dgt73

Why would it be great?

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 14:11 - Jan 28 with 3844 viewsdgt73

what would american investors want on 13:59 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Why would it be great?

Huw jenkins has already said the current board cannot go on for ever and do people expect the shareholders just to hand over their shares ? Of course not.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

what would american investors want on 14:13 - Jan 28 with 3835 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 14:11 - Jan 28 by dgt73

Huw jenkins has already said the current board cannot go on for ever and do people expect the shareholders just to hand over their shares ? Of course not.

That is not what I asked.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 14:13 - Jan 28 with 3839 viewsDafyddHuw

what would american investors want on 12:32 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Completely different level of owner and not comparable in the slightest.

Sunderland different level of owner? Then there's Bolton.

Don't have a go at me, I'm with you. It's just that you said that people invest just for the money they get back and I've just given you 4 examples where that's not the case.
I think foreign investors would be a disaster. If they invest and lend us money, how do we know we could pay them back. And after 11 years ago, didn't the board say that we'd never ever go into debt ever again?
what would american investors want on 14:19 - Jan 28 with 3827 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am no financial expert as my credit card bills will testify so I tend to steer clear of all the technical discussion going on in relation to this.
I have a question however.
Given an investor wants to make a profit then where would such profit be made in relation to the club?
I would think if it all goes tits up then all that would be left is the stadium land (assuming we own the it by then) and a few highly paid players holding out for their wages.
The stadium could be sold for building but that would probably go for affordable housing. I would imagine the return would be more or less the same as the original sum used to purchase the club. It could even be a sizeable loss.
It seems to me that the only way any profit can be made is in supporting the clubs finances and retaining top flight status. Even then any profit would be minimal. Any views?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

what would american investors want on 14:20 - Jan 28 with 3819 viewssully49

what would american investors want on 10:36 - Jan 28 by getcarter

Positive move which will guarantee Premiership football for a long time.

I'm sure the muppets up the road thought of that also. As a discussion blog.
So the Yanks come along what would our priority be in spending their $$$$ on first?
* Quality players, and not worry about how much we pay them?
* Stadium expansion?
* Buy out the council?
* All our training and academy facilities completions?
* Our souls?

And motivation for them
* Kudos?
* Total control?
* Welsh Office grants?
* Free rename the Stadium?
* Champions League football?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

what would american investors want on 14:22 - Jan 28 with 3803 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 14:13 - Jan 28 by DafyddHuw

Sunderland different level of owner? Then there's Bolton.

Don't have a go at me, I'm with you. It's just that you said that people invest just for the money they get back and I've just given you 4 examples where that's not the case.
I think foreign investors would be a disaster. If they invest and lend us money, how do we know we could pay them back. And after 11 years ago, didn't the board say that we'd never ever go into debt ever again?

Not having a go at you in the slightest mate. But comparisons to Chelsea and Man City aren't really relevant.

No idea on the Sunderland and Bolton fronts, not familiar with the set up. But what we can pretty much guarantee looking at John Moores past sports ownership - he does not come under that sort of investment with no strings attached bracket.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 14:23]

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 14:58 - Jan 28 with 3732 viewsNOTRAC

Why would investors get involved with our club .
The answer in the Americans case is simple.
They see the potential in us for them to make money.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

what would american investors want on 15:11 - Jan 28 with 3697 viewsScoobyWho

what would american investors want on 12:04 - Jan 28 by lifelong

The original members of the swans board in 2002 would disagree. They did it just to save the club.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024