Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GM modification 10:24 - Jan 28 with 4155 viewslibertine

GM is having problems getting players in.

he certainly isn't having problems getting them out

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/monk-hopeful-adding-new-faces
GM modification on 10:27 - Jan 28 with 3273 viewsoldcob

As is the Swansea way. We always leave it until last minute.
GM modification on 13:51 - Jan 28 with 2980 viewsDewi1jack

GM modification on 10:27 - Jan 28 by oldcob

As is the Swansea way. We always leave it until last minute.

And get decimal points in the wrong place/ fax the paperwork late or do something else wrong.

Or on Transfer deadline day decide to wait until the summer

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

GM modification on 15:15 - Jan 28 with 2861 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk has fck all to do with any transfers.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

GM modification on 15:38 - Jan 28 with 2799 viewsNeath_Jack

GM modification on 15:15 - Jan 28 by ScoobyWho

Garry Monk has fck all to do with any transfers.

You can repeat that as many times as you want, and it'll still be as nonsensical as the first time you said it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

GM modification on 15:48 - Jan 28 with 2763 viewsfootball2301

GM modification on 15:38 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

You can repeat that as many times as you want, and it'll still be as nonsensical as the first time you said it.

he will have a small say but hugh buys the players simple as that
GM modification on 15:52 - Jan 28 with 2749 viewsNeath_Jack

GM modification on 15:48 - Jan 28 by football2301

he will have a small say but hugh buys the players simple as that

Monk will tell the scouting team, what he needs. The scouting team will come back with a list of possible candidates, Monk will decide if any of them is what he is after, then tell the boss that's who he wants. HJ will then go and try and strike a deal for that player. Or something very similar to that.

The rule of thumb on this forum is, if it's a good signing, it's the managers pick. If it's a crap/cheap signing, it's Huw's.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

GM modification on 16:18 - Jan 28 with 2694 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

GM modification on 15:52 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

Monk will tell the scouting team, what he needs. The scouting team will come back with a list of possible candidates, Monk will decide if any of them is what he is after, then tell the boss that's who he wants. HJ will then go and try and strike a deal for that player. Or something very similar to that.

The rule of thumb on this forum is, if it's a good signing, it's the managers pick. If it's a crap/cheap signing, it's Huw's.

Correct !
It is a process that involves everyone
GM modification on 16:19 - Jan 28 with 2688 viewsjackpot

GM modification on 15:52 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

Quite right Neath Jack. Thats the way the system works, and they will also be taking into account the values of the players involved ie. not being forced to overpay for individuals
Login to get fewer ads

GM modification on 16:49 - Jan 28 with 2636 viewsScoobyWho

GM modification on 15:38 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

Ok mate, well, believe what you want. Thats fine.
GM is the manager / coach whatever you want to call him because he wont make any demands, and is versed in the way the board want the club to run. He is a yes man, and thats why he is at the helm.

Ps - talk me thru who this 'scouting team' are then ....
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 16:52]

GM modification on 17:37 - Jan 28 with 2569 viewsNeath_Jack

GM modification on 16:49 - Jan 28 by ScoobyWho

Ok mate, well, believe what you want. Thats fine.
GM is the manager / coach whatever you want to call him because he wont make any demands, and is versed in the way the board want the club to run. He is a yes man, and thats why he is at the helm.

Ps - talk me thru who this 'scouting team' are then ....
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 16:52]

Aye, so you keep saying. Every manager/coach is a "yes man" to a certain extent, if any manager doesn't run the club in the way that the board expect to see, will find themselves out of a job, and that goes for every club in the world.

I have no idea who the scouting team are, or why that has any bearing on how players are signed. One thing is guaranteed, Monk has a saying in transfers in and out.

GM modification on 17:40 - Jan 28 with 2560 viewsA_Fans_Dad

GM modification on 17:37 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

Aye, so you keep saying. Every manager/coach is a "yes man" to a certain extent, if any manager doesn't run the club in the way that the board expect to see, will find themselves out of a job, and that goes for every club in the world.

I have no idea who the scouting team are, or why that has any bearing on how players are signed. One thing is guaranteed, Monk has a saying in transfers in and out.

But not the "Final" say, only input.
GM modification on 17:44 - Jan 28 with 2549 viewsScoobyWho

GM modification on 17:37 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

Ok, I will concede he may well be involved in consultation, granted. But from what I have been told the club employ agents to locate players through other agents employed either by players or other clubs thats how we do business.

Swansea pay out hundreds of thousands of pounds each year to so this.

Thats how most clubs do business, and I only choose to believe this as I was told by a local agent in Swansea ( not employed by the club )

I can assure you we have very few scouts, and definitely not a team, that much I do know.

GM modification on 17:47 - Jan 28 with 2530 viewsNeath_Jack

GM modification on 17:40 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

But not the "Final" say, only input.

Rubbish.

If Huw goes to Garry and says he's been offered so and so player, the fee is good, do you want him, and Garry says no, Huw just goes and buys him anyway? An example was we were offered Caulker when Laudrup was in charge, and ML didn't fancy him so we didn't go for him. I know people like to make out the board sign players behind the managers backs, but that's just nonsense. When was the last manager we had came out and said we signed a player behind his back? That's right, never.

Now, Huw/Directors will have the final say on the price we are going to pay, if GM wants someone and they are too much coin, Huw says no and that's it.

We get offered players week in week out through their agents.

GM modification on 18:02 - Jan 28 with 2495 viewsA_Fans_Dad

GM modification on 17:47 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

Rubbish.

If Huw goes to Garry and says he's been offered so and so player, the fee is good, do you want him, and Garry says no, Huw just goes and buys him anyway? An example was we were offered Caulker when Laudrup was in charge, and ML didn't fancy him so we didn't go for him. I know people like to make out the board sign players behind the managers backs, but that's just nonsense. When was the last manager we had came out and said we signed a player behind his back? That's right, never.

Now, Huw/Directors will have the final say on the price we are going to pay, if GM wants someone and they are too much coin, Huw says no and that's it.

It was patently obvious from last Summer that GM gives input and is then ignored. How is that "having the final say"
Are you really trying to say ML agreed to Emnes and Ngog because he wanted them?
Get Real.
GM modification on 18:08 - Jan 28 with 2480 viewsNeath_Jack

GM modification on 18:02 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

It was patently obvious from last Summer that GM gives input and is then ignored. How is that "having the final say"
Are you really trying to say ML agreed to Emnes and Ngog because he wanted them?
Get Real.

Ignored or we couldn't get the targets as they signed for better clubs?

I knew someone would bring Emnes and N'Gog up, This was a perfect example of ML telling whoever the types of players he wanted, and we went out and got them.

GM modification on 18:13 - Jan 28 with 2461 viewsDr_Winston

GM modification on 18:08 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

I knew someone would bring Emnes and N'Gog up, This was a perfect example of ML telling whoever the types of players he wanted, and we went out and got them.

I can't imagine Laudrup asking for a winger utterly unproven at Premier League level and a striker who couldn't even get into Bolton's team.

If that's the standard of player being offered to managers here then perhaps we're better off firing our entire scouting setup and starting again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

GM modification on 18:17 - Jan 28 with 2452 viewsNeath_Jack

GM modification on 18:13 - Jan 28 by Dr_Winston

I can't imagine Laudrup asking for a winger utterly unproven at Premier League level and a striker who couldn't even get into Bolton's team.

If that's the standard of player being offered to managers here then perhaps we're better off firing our entire scouting setup and starting again.

I was going to give you a reasoned answer, then realised you're just being silly.

GM modification on 18:55 - Jan 28 with 2385 viewsJokeren1943

GM modification on 18:08 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

What is the point in the board getting players the manager openly say he do not want.

Where is the teamwork in that.
GM modification on 20:24 - Jan 28 with 2293 viewsScoobyWho

GM modification on 18:55 - Jan 28 by Jokeren1943

What is the point in the board getting players the manager openly say he do not want.

Where is the teamwork in that.

It's what they do at Barca and Real Madrid and indeed elsewhere.

GM modification on 20:27 - Jan 28 with 2281 viewswaynekerr55

GM modification on 18:13 - Jan 28 by Dr_Winston

Haven't Spurs nabbed Southampton's main recruitment person. Now that is what you call a scouting network

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

GM modification on 20:28 - Jan 28 with 2278 viewsPozuelosSideys

GM modification on 17:47 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

Rubbish.

Hasnt Huw gone through this umpteen times in the Fans Forums? Usually with the Manager sat next to him. Pretty much the exact process you mention above?

People should go to these things rather than make up wibble on the internerd.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

GM modification on 21:04 - Jan 28 with 2217 viewsScoobyWho

GM modification on 20:28 - Jan 28 by PozuelosSideys

Hasnt Huw gone through this umpteen times in the Fans Forums? Usually with the Manager sat next to him. Pretty much the exact process you mention above?

People should go to these things rather than make up wibble on the internerd.

He didn't mention the 1.2 million spent on agents over 18 months to get the players did he ?

GM modification on 21:10 - Jan 28 with 2208 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"GM modification"

this whole new trend for clubs going on about their DNA is going to far

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

GM modification on 21:29 - Jan 28 with 2173 viewsPozuelosSideys

GM modification on 21:04 - Jan 28 by ScoobyWho

He didn't mention the 1.2 million spent on agents over 18 months to get the players did he ?

I dont understand your point. Agents will pick up a fee because of their client regardless no?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

GM modification on 21:43 - Jan 28 with 2138 viewspencoedjack

GM modification on 18:02 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Get Real.

Add Kyle 'fuking' Bartley to that list too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024