Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy the Stadium or Build New. 17:38 - Jan 28 with 4149 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I wonder if feasibilty studies and cost analysis has been done between buying the Liberty and building a new stadium.
Some possible advantages of building new.
A larger Stadium.
Better Infrastructure ie Roads and especially Parking.
Could attract EU and National Lottery funding, even possibly AM cash.
Would not require expansion anytime in the near future.
Would employ workers in this area.

As an aside knocking down the Liberty would allow the building of Houses/Flats, something that Swansea is apparently in dire of.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 22:00]
Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:51 - Jan 28 with 588 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:49 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Yes fooked with a brand spanking new stadium with easy expansion capabilities for the same price as buying the Liberty. What a travesty.

Read the thread again, as usual, it isnt your strong point.

Have you moved to fantasy island by any chance. It would explain a lot......never heard so much rubbish in all my life.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:53 - Jan 28 with 585 viewslondonlisa2001

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:49 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Yes fooked with a brand spanking new stadium with easy expansion capabilities for the same price as buying the Liberty. What a travesty.

Read the thread again, as usual, it isnt your strong point.

Meanwhile back in the real world ...
Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:55 - Jan 28 with 581 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:51 - Jan 28 by dgt73

Have you moved to fantasy island by any chance. It would explain a lot......never heard so much rubbish in all my life.

Yes, such a crazy decision to make. Imagine if two things cost the same you go with the newer and better one.

Crazy.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:55 - Jan 28 with 581 viewsC_jack

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:51 - Jan 28 by dgt73

He's in property mun.

But all his property is made of lego.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:56 - Jan 28 with 579 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:53 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

Meanwhile back in the real world ...

Yes back in the real world, you still havent got to grips with a single thing ive said. As usual.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:03 - Jan 28 with 558 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:55 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Yes, such a crazy decision to make. Imagine if two things cost the same you go with the newer and better one.

Crazy.

Imagine if Messi wanted to sign for Swansea and could be bought for £1, we'd sign him. If anyone thinks it may be a cheaper option or similar price to build a new stadium, then they are off their heads and can't be taken seriously. PMSL.

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:04 - Jan 28 with 557 viewslondonlisa2001

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:56 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Yes back in the real world, you still havent got to grips with a single thing ive said. As usual.

yes I have.

You think it would cost £40m to build a 30,000 stadium from scratch and you think it cost£32m to build the stadium we are in.

You're wrong on both counts. You just find it difficult to accept. That's Ok though.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:05 - Jan 28 with 557 viewsdgt73

Crazy.

Login to get fewer ads

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:05 - Jan 28 with 554 viewsdgt73

Crazy.

Imagine if Messi wanted to sign for Swansea and could be bought for £1, we'd sign him. If anyone thinks it may be a cheaper option or similar price to build a new stadium, then they are off their heads and can't be taken seriously. PMSL.

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:08 - Jan 28 with 546 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:04 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

yes I have.

You think it would cost £40m to build a 30,000 stadium from scratch and you think it cost£32m to build the stadium we are in.

You're wrong on both counts. You just find it difficult to accept. That's Ok though.

Then no you havent.

I will believe Huw Jenkins on the £32m. Maybe you can write him a letter telling him how wrong he is.

I also think you are wrong on how much we could build the stadium for.

But thats ok too right?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 21:08]

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:09 - Jan 28 with 538 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:03 - Jan 28 by dgt73

Like i said many times. Ive never built a stadium before. If it costs loads more then my decision would be different.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:10 - Jan 28 with 537 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:55 - Jan 28 by C_jack

He's in property mun.

But all his property is made of lego.

Aye and my Dad is a car salesman, i will ask him how much it costs to build a tank... He must know.

Obsessed much?

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:13 - Jan 28 with 530 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:08 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Then no you havent.

I will believe Huw Jenkins on the £32m. Maybe you can write him a letter telling him how wrong he is.

But thats ok too right?

It's well known the liberty cost £27 million and not £32 million. School boy error............

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:13 - Jan 28 with 527 viewslondonlisa2001

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:08 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Then no you havent.

But thats ok too right?

sure.

And you can believe Huw on the £32m (if that's what he said) if you like - I've never heard him say that. The actual cost was £27m though. I won't bother writing him a letter.

And I'm just telling you a recent example of a stadium that's pretty close and cost c.£60m.

And what we built the stadium for originally doesn't actually matter much. The price to buy (which I don't think we should do incidentally) has been variously discussed anywhere from £15m to £25m. The actual price will depend on the financial circumstances of the council I suspect and the timing of cash payments.
Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:14 - Jan 28 with 523 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:13 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

sure.

And you can believe Huw on the £32m (if that's what he said) if you like - I've never heard him say that. The actual cost was £27m though. I won't bother writing him a letter.

And I'm just telling you a recent example of a stadium that's pretty close and cost c.£60m.

And what we built the stadium for originally doesn't actually matter much. The price to buy (which I don't think we should do incidentally) has been variously discussed anywhere from £15m to £25m. The actual price will depend on the financial circumstances of the council I suspect and the timing of cash payments.

Then you are more than welcome to disagree with me and Huw Jenkins as ive said many times.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:16 - Jan 28 with 519 viewslondonlisa2001

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:14 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Then you are more than welcome to disagree with me and Huw Jenkins as ive said many times.

Great.
Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:16 - Jan 28 with 514 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:13 - Jan 28 by dgt73

It's well known the liberty cost £27 million and not £32 million. School boy error............

You are also more than welcome to disagree with me and the schoolboy Huw Jenkins.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 507 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:14 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Lisa will have to disagree with you, because she is right and you are wrong.......simple.

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 499 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:18 - Jan 28 by dgt73

Lisa will have to disagree with you, because she is right and you are wrong.......simple.

Ah well, you will have to tell Huw he got it wrong then. I wont listen to him again is it?

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:21 - Jan 28 with 498 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:16 - Jan 28 by Parlay

You are also more than welcome to disagree with me and the schoolboy Huw Jenkins.

Link ?

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:23 - Jan 28 with 490 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:20 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Ah well, you will have to tell Huw he got it wrong then. I wont listen to him again is it?

You're going backwards faster than a Italian tank..........give it up mun.......you are wrong....

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:25 - Jan 28 with 484 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:23 - Jan 28 by dgt73

You're going backwards faster than a Italian tank..........give it up mun.......you are wrong....

Where have i gone backwards? Im telling a fact huw said it cost £32m, i have not wavered.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:32 - Jan 28 with 470 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:25 - Jan 28 by Parlay

Where have i gone backwards? Im telling a fact huw said it cost £32m, i have not wavered.

When did he say it ???????????????

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:36 - Jan 28 with 458 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:32 - Jan 28 by dgt73

When did he say it ???????????????

October!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:38 - Jan 28 with 457 viewsjackonicko

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 20:38 - Jan 28 by Parlay

No i don't, if we are getting picky with numbers then I'm afraid being millions off will not do.

Makes no difference if it is cheaper in Australia or not. It is my opinion the build would be similar cost to buying the stadium off the council (which cost £32m i think) and the expansion (which is estimated at £15m).

Any extra costs in the build would in my opinion be offset against cheaper expansion further down the line... Or even a situation where we can not expand further. What is the point in bringing in American bigwigs if our ambitions aren't sky high? It was that attitude that lumbered us with a stadium that can barely be expanded.

Why you are so incessant on a matter that wont even happen is beyond me. Im more than happy for you to disagree with me, it seems you are less so. Odd.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 20:38]

Parlay writing the following in a thread where he has posted more times than everyone else put together really amused me.

"Why you are so incessant on a matter that wont even happen is beyond me."

Comedy gold in this place today. Gold.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024