Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy the Stadium or Build New. 17:38 - Jan 28 with 4148 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I wonder if feasibilty studies and cost analysis has been done between buying the Liberty and building a new stadium.
Some possible advantages of building new.
A larger Stadium.
Better Infrastructure ie Roads and especially Parking.
Could attract EU and National Lottery funding, even possibly AM cash.
Would not require expansion anytime in the near future.
Would employ workers in this area.

As an aside knocking down the Liberty would allow the building of Houses/Flats, something that Swansea is apparently in dire of.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 22:00]
Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:39 - Jan 28 with 859 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:38 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

Parlay writing the following in a thread where he has posted more times than everyone else put together really amused me.

"Why you are so incessant on a matter that wont even happen is beyond me."

Comedy gold in this place today. Gold.

Then you havent read the thread. My posts are replies to incessant questioning... And not pleas to agree with me.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 21:40]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:41 - Jan 28 with 851 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:36 - Jan 28 by Parlay

October!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought so, more bullshite from the king of bullshite and I mean you not Sir Huw..........PMSL.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:43 - Jan 28 with 841 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:41 - Jan 28 by dgt73

Thought so, more bullshite from the king of bullshite and I mean you not Sir Huw..........PMSL.

You thought he said it in October so its bullshite?

Christ you are odd.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 04:58 - Jan 29 with 760 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:43 - Jan 28 by Parlay

You thought he said it in October so its bullshite?

Christ you are odd.

No, I thought you are full of bullshite which I am 100% correct.

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 05:10 - Jan 29 with 758 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 04:58 - Jan 29 by dgt73

No, I thought you are full of bullshite which I am 100% correct.

So you think Huw is full of bullshite not me.... So you are 100% wrong.

I suggest you take it up with him.

Ta.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 06:09 - Jan 29 with 741 viewsdameedna

The land, infra, building, maintenance, finance, 3rd party reveneues from shop, flats, hotels means that actual reported construction costs part of the story and once we get to 5OM GBP, the procurment can be PPP, DBFO which involve lower rates of 'i' on capital outlay

There would be potentially lots of pros in getting a new stadium. But Swansea is in a marginal location for a developer. The only option available is expansion imo. Brentford as it happens is a good location as was Reading FC. New flats are on sale at 250k

We did not invest in foundations to expand properly in the first place and that was the correct decision, no point crying over spilled milk, not that anyone is of course. The issue is challenging because we may not have the dosh and directors may want to bail out and attract 30Mish to do the expansion and get some out for themselves.

The hard question is do we really need the expansion if it means the club gets bigger and the control changes to new investors? Whether it is 30M or 100m, it looks like the club does do not want to risk capital at the expense of improving the playing staff.
Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 09:07 - Jan 29 with 711 viewssixpenses

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 21:38 - Jan 28 by jackonicko

Parlay writing the following in a thread where he has posted more times than everyone else put together really amused me.

"Why you are so incessant on a matter that wont even happen is beyond me."

Comedy gold in this place today. Gold.

Interesting you should say that because all I could see was Lisa (as is her way) more and more excitedly haranguing Parlay to the point of frenzy. When he had said from the outset IF they cost the same.

Parlay continues to calmly point that out and that he has not built stadia so would not know precise figures and repeatedly says he is happy to disagree. Lisa of course ignoring any flaw in her argument repeatedly goes for the neck with all the persistence of a dog worrying a bone (maybe a neck bone).

This was very apparent to me, then I read your post. In the interests of impartiality I counted the number of posts by each on the first page (you are more than welcome to check and count the rest i could not be bothered but the pattern seemed to be similar).

Surprise surprise (if my counting is accurate) not only did Lisa make the most posts but she was joined in her efforts by Dgt in a scissor attack on Parlay (not unreminiscent of her and your "conversations" with Shaky).

From Dgt's comments beyond the usual suggestion that anyone who does not agreed with dgt's entrenched POV is on drugs; I also gather the argument that knowledge is passed by osmosis (assuming the project manager referred to was a close friend).
Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 09:42 - Jan 29 with 699 viewsdgt73

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 05:10 - Jan 29 by Parlay

So you think Huw is full of bullshite not me.... So you are 100% wrong.

I suggest you take it up with him.

Ta.

Where is the link to what sir Huw said. ? Or did he tell you personally? or is it something you made up.?

Login to get fewer ads

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 09:59 - Jan 29 with 688 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 09:42 - Jan 29 by dgt73

Where is the link to what sir Huw said. ? Or did he tell you personally? or is it something you made up.?

Which one is your guess?

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 10:18 - Jan 29 with 679 viewsDarran

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 09:42 - Jan 29 by dgt73

Perhaps he's got a screenshot of it,but then again perhaps not.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 10:28 - Jan 29 with 675 viewsParlay

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 10:18 - Jan 29 by Darran

Perhaps he's got a screenshot of it,but then again perhaps not.

Im still waiting for you to explain to everyone on that thread, you were made to look a right liar fair play.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:28 - Jan 29 with 674 viewsLe_Swans

Stadium and related costs, footbridge etc, were £28.39 million.

http://www.constructingexcellence.org.uk/pdf/Wales/061024_Interserve.pdf
Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:31 - Jan 29 with 665 viewsParlay

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:28 - Jan 29 by Le_Swans

Stadium and related costs, footbridge etc, were £28.39 million.

http://www.constructingexcellence.org.uk/pdf/Wales/061024_Interserve.pdf

You had better tell that to Huw Jenkins then, he is under the impression it cost £32m. I wasnt involved in the build so naturally take what my chairman says on face value.

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:37 - Jan 29 with 656 viewsLe_Swans

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:31 - Jan 29 by Parlay

You had better tell that to Huw Jenkins then, he is under the impression it cost £32m. I wasnt involved in the build so naturally take what my chairman says on face value.

I'm sure he's well aware of the costs involved, if he did say that figure to you perhaps he was including a lot of other costs not related directly to the actual building. The acquisition of leases was another £2.8m for example.
Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:39 - Jan 29 with 650 viewsParlay

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:37 - Jan 29 by Le_Swans

I'm sure he's well aware of the costs involved, if he did say that figure to you perhaps he was including a lot of other costs not related directly to the actual building. The acquisition of leases was another £2.8m for example.

He said to everyone, not just me. He was specifically speaking about the build cost too, and suggested that it may be the price they have to pay to buy it too. That was only 4 months ago.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 10:41]

Forum celebrity

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 10:46 - Jan 29 with 646 viewsLeonisGod

Buy the Stagium or Build New. on 18:24 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

I'll stick this in this thread, as it's sort of on topic.

Considering we like to whore ourselves about as a local/community club, i think the decision to give the eventual extension(s) of the stadium to a company from Ireland instead of a local contractor is a c*nts trick too. Plenty of able and interested companies in this area who could deliver this project.

I assume the local companies have exactly the same opportunity to bid for the works?
Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:51 - Jan 29 with 631 viewsLe_Swans

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:39 - Jan 29 by Parlay

He said to everyone, not just me. He was specifically speaking about the build cost too, and suggested that it may be the price they have to pay to buy it too. That was only 4 months ago.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 10:41]

But we still wouldn't have to pay the full price, there was several million in grants and funding, the council wouldn't be entitled to that.

EDIT: Maybe they would, not sure how that would work.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 10:52]
Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:55 - Jan 29 with 622 viewsStarsky

Buy the Stadium or Build New. on 10:31 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Plus VAT innit

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024