Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down sizeing your job. 18:07 - Jan 28 with 7243 viewsjackportis

Anyone done it. Pack in a well paid job for another paying less reducing stress, dread and hassle? Any tips, regrets, or indeed no regrets?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Down sizeing your job. on 22:25 - Jan 28 with 1499 viewsClinton

One tip. Don't give up the job voluntarily, if possible try to get a pay off or redundancy. Most firms, councils etc are always looking to lose people and if you approach the right people on the quiet and don't publicise it, you may be able to get a pay off. It helps pay the bills if you are going to a lesser paid job.
Myself I went freelance from a permy job and never looked back. I didn't try for a pay off and regretted it when I heard the company were looking to shed staff shortly after I left.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 22:26]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Down sizeing your job. on 23:26 - Jan 28 with 1465 viewsjackportis

Down sizeing your job. on 21:06 - Jan 28 by skippyjack

Well I'm not good at anything.. what do you suggest?.. because I'm a 'thickie'.. I can't read.. I can't write.. I can't do that.. been called a 'hooligan'.. I'm an ugly grotesque 'boy'.. you lack 'manners'.. you'll be on the 'dole'.. stop laying on the desk.. on the games last night skip? You're a scumbag.. you're not good enough son..down a class you go.. why ain't you doing your work today skip? Up all last night were you? you've got to stop mitching skip..you had fairly good attendance last year.. that's the highly educated views of people we've got in teaching.. thank God I mitched and played football.. that's all I can say..

You need help think you have an issue just saying like.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Down sizeing your job. on 00:15 - Jan 29 with 1441 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 23:26 - Jan 28 by jackportis

You need help think you have an issue just saying like.

The old you need help line.. I know I need help.. I need a job.. any jobs?.. the wide range of amateur psychologists is terrifying.. are skilled people like this? Paranoid?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Down sizeing your job. on 00:25 - Jan 29 with 1433 viewsjackportis

Down sizeing your job. on 00:15 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

The old you need help line.. I know I need help.. I need a job.. any jobs?.. the wide range of amateur psychologists is terrifying.. are skilled people like this? Paranoid?

Go and wipe some old peoples bums or summit it may be what u need and ur calling in life.

Down sizeing your job. on 00:52 - Jan 29 with 1417 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 00:25 - Jan 29 by jackportis

Go and wipe some old peoples bums or summit it may be what u need and ur calling in life.

What's wrong with wiping old people's bums? Is it above your station?.. I know your type.. sort out your ego eccentricity and self righteous pompous attitude.. you patronising alcohol dependant nonce.. grow some balls and put down the bottle.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Down sizeing your job. on 06:31 - Jan 29 with 1387 viewsepaul

Down sizeing your job. on 21:57 - Jan 28 by max936

Aye 4 cans of White Lightening

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Down sizeing your job. on 07:17 - Jan 29 with 1376 viewsjackportis

Down sizeing your job. on 00:52 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

What's wrong with wiping old people's bums? Is it above your station?.. I know your type.. sort out your ego eccentricity and self righteous pompous attitude.. you patronising alcohol dependant nonce.. grow some balls and put down the bottle.

Lol you do have issues. Move along. Do not want to continue wasting my time with yourself.

Down sizeing your job. on 07:41 - Jan 29 with 1375 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Down sizeing your job. on 19:34 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

You need to get a union in there .

Freelance for him Tom

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Down sizeing your job. on 11:37 - Jan 29 with 1310 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 07:17 - Jan 29 by jackportis

Lol you do have issues. Move along. Do not want to continue wasting my time with yourself.

You are thick.. watch yourself... you don't know who's watching.

Down sizeing your job. on 12:04 - Jan 29 with 1297 viewsGreatBritton

I turned down fantastic opportunities when I was young. Can't think for the life of me why I did that now. Got a job that gave me autonomy but not enough money. But what's enough? One thing I do recommend is staged cruising into the harbour of later life. I went from 5 days to 2.5 days, then 2 days then 1 day. Too busy on here to work even half a day now.
Down sizeing your job. on 12:50 - Jan 29 with 1280 viewsJackhero

Down sizeing your job. on 00:15 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

oh dear Skip it's getting worse. Nobody is going to hand you your dream job whatever that may be. You need to realise nothing is free, everyone is in the same boat and has to work. Sometimes we have to work in jobs we don't like too! But let me tell you whatever I do I put my heart and soul into it to make sure I get the satisfaction I require from that work, despite no reward or praise which may or may not be deserved.
You don't need help....you just need to realise the only person who can help you is YOU! sort it out mate I really think you'd have a lot to offer if you did.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Down sizeing your job. on 13:02 - Jan 29 with 1276 viewsperchrockjack

CARERS do a job so vital for such a pittance its a national disgrace.

Age /disability eh..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Down sizeing your job. on 13:08 - Jan 29 with 1270 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 12:50 - Jan 29 by Jackhero

oh dear Skip it's getting worse. Nobody is going to hand you your dream job whatever that may be. You need to realise nothing is free, everyone is in the same boat and has to work. Sometimes we have to work in jobs we don't like too! But let me tell you whatever I do I put my heart and soul into it to make sure I get the satisfaction I require from that work, despite no reward or praise which may or may not be deserved.
You don't need help....you just need to realise the only person who can help you is YOU! sort it out mate I really think you'd have a lot to offer if you did.

Shock of the week..shock of the week nothing is free
Yeah my heart and soul bollocks..
I don't want reward or praise.. an understanding would be fine
Do you think I know?
As I've stated.. why would I want to offer this City anything? This City and Country has hardly treated me like a human being.. you can go and stuff yourselves.. I'm dumbing myself down and working in a rubbish job.. you can all go f*ck yourselves.. your loss.

Down sizeing your job. on 13:10 - Jan 29 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

point of my pm was to offer help btw

Down sizeing your job. on 15:11 - Jan 29 with 1234 viewsjackportis

Down sizeing your job. on 13:10 - Jan 29 by perchrockjack

point of my pm was to offer help btw

Skippy could go into business wiping arses. He could sell the toilet rolls as add ons. have a brown flashing siren on his fiesta. Be on speed dial for those that are due to go for a sit down. That boy will be loaded one day.

Down sizeing your job. on 15:26 - Jan 29 with 1199 viewsQuakerJack

I would recommend doing it... There's a balance to life. I'm not saying earn a pittance, but a modest job that makes you happy is the way to go. I work with people on 150k a year and they email me at 1 am because they're still working. I on the other hand earn a decent living, not much, enough for a couple of holidays and watching the Swans. I work 9 to 4:30 and switch off completely after work.

Earn as much as you can doing as little as possible. Get that balance right and life is good.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Down sizeing your job. on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 1177 viewsperchrockjack

good stuff Quaker ,really good stuff there

Down sizeing your job. on 19:00 - Jan 29 with 1145 viewsdickythorpe

Down sizeing your job. on 16:47 - Jan 29 by perchrockjack

good stuff Quaker ,really good stuff there

There's normally a reason why some people are on 100k plus and that is they have to work all hours and never switch off.
Down sizeing your job. on 21:03 - Jan 29 with 1104 viewsbkjack

Yes done it in August was a night manager in morrisons earrning just short of 29k done it for over 12 years my wife had a baby 19 months ago. I missed the first 9 months of him growing up quit my job. Had a few months off to regroup I'm now a delivery driver working 4days a week I see my son every day put him to bed see him in the mornings and I'm now earring just over 15k never been so happy in my life
Down sizeing your job. on 21:10 - Jan 29 with 1096 viewsdickythorpe

Down sizeing your job. on 21:03 - Jan 29 by bkjack

Yes done it in August was a night manager in morrisons earrning just short of 29k done it for over 12 years my wife had a baby 19 months ago. I missed the first 9 months of him growing up quit my job. Had a few months off to regroup I'm now a delivery driver working 4days a week I see my son every day put him to bed see him in the mornings and I'm now earring just over 15k never been so happy in my life

Perspective achieved.

Your son and family will be proud
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 21:10]
Down sizeing your job. on 21:14 - Jan 29 with 1088 viewsItchySphincter

Down sizeing your job. on 19:11 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

Did you ever work? Ever work for a boss that pushed you so much you got ill?
Ever worked for a firm that back tracked on pay rises?
Ever worked for a firm that demanded more but for the same or less pay NOT more?
Ever worked for a firm that wouldn't give you the holidays you booked?

That was real life for me.

Previous generations don't get it and I often heard "they can't do that" or "just say no" but it doesn't work like that these days - they want their pound of flesh and more and the assertion that a union can help is boIIocks, not that I'm anti union mind.

Did you know that unemployment figures are falling under this government Dick? They don't tell you that it's because people are turning to self employment and new start up businesses. I forget the figures but it's huge and it's a FACT.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Down sizeing your job. on 21:14 - Jan 29 with 1088 viewsDyfnant

Good effort, bigger balls than me

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Down sizeing your job. on 21:19 - Jan 29 with 1076 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Good for you I say
More people are doing this.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Down sizeing your job. on 21:52 - Jan 29 with 1049 viewsJackhero

Down sizeing your job. on 13:08 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Shock of the week..shock of the week nothing is free
Yeah my heart and soul bollocks..
I don't want reward or praise.. an understanding would be fine
Do you think I know?
As I've stated.. why would I want to offer this City anything? This City and Country has hardly treated me like a human being.. you can go and stuff yourselves.. I'm dumbing myself down and working in a rubbish job.. you can all go f*ck yourselves.. your loss.

you know what to do then skippy......skip right off into the f-ing sunset....leave this country and city which you say has given you nothing. the fact is and I know this, is you don't want to be helped, you love playing the victim. tell someone who cares as I don't now for sure, and I'm pretty sure there are a few others here who don't either.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Down sizeing your job. on 21:53 - Jan 29 with 1048 viewsLord_Bony

Down sizeing your job. on 21:14 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

That was real life for me.

Previous generations don't get it and I often heard "they can't do that" or "just say no" but it doesn't work like that these days - they want their pound of flesh and more and the assertion that a union can help is boIIocks, not that I'm anti union mind.

Did you know that unemployment figures are falling under this government Dick? They don't tell you that it's because people are turning to self employment and new start up businesses. I forget the figures but it's huge and it's a FACT.

A relative of mine took his redundancy in the steel works. He bought sack loads of manufactured knickers and bras and bits from a wholesaler who works with the sweat shops of Asia.

He packages them nicely and sells them as upmarket items on E bay. After 5 years he s now getting orders from all over Europe and beyond. All him and his wife used to do all day long is stuff envelopes full of lingerie and send them off...now he gets someone else to do it and hardly works...and yes hes minted.

Self empolyment is the way to go it is SO FLAMIN EASY in this day and age to make money online and have a good life....why work for someone else? Also plenty of govt help for new start ups too...highly recomended

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024