Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . 18:28 - Jan 28 with 555 viewsDavillin

[I know there is another thread out there about the "investment" but this one is very different. That one is about the Americans' motivation.]

What I want to know is why some or all of the present shareholders appear to not want the Trust to have the magic percentage of shares to insure their safety [25%+] but appear to be willing to give 30% to total strangers with baggage.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 18:32 - Jan 28 with 548 viewslondonlisa2001

hello Dav - welcome back !!

Because the Trust haven't got £1m per 1% holding is, I would imagine, the answer.
What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 19:03 - Jan 28 with 505 viewstomdickharry

To become millionaires if they are not already.
What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 19:35 - Jan 28 with 460 viewsdgt73

The trust is not in a position to offer substantial investment in any way.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 23:15 - Jan 28 with 345 viewsKilkennyjack

Hi dav,

For what its worth, then the current directors should gift - yes gift - the trust extra shares on their exit such that the trust are assured to get to the magic figure needed. Thats a huge ask given the sums involved but without the trust there would have been no club. The current directors will still get multi millions, so their hard work will still be suitably rewarded.

Once the trust get to that magic figure, then i guess the club becomes less attractive - as any new owner would need to deal with the locals. The shAre price might drop and the current directors might scoop less dosh as a direct result.

Its still the right thing to do though.

Beware of the Risen People

What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 23:17 - Jan 28 with 338 viewsLeonisGod

What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 23:15 - Jan 28 by Kilkennyjack

Hi dav,

For what its worth, then the current directors should gift - yes gift - the trust extra shares on their exit such that the trust are assured to get to the magic figure needed. Thats a huge ask given the sums involved but without the trust there would have been no club. The current directors will still get multi millions, so their hard work will still be suitably rewarded.

Once the trust get to that magic figure, then i guess the club becomes less attractive - as any new owner would need to deal with the locals. The shAre price might drop and the current directors might scoop less dosh as a direct result.

Its still the right thing to do though.

It's no way to run a business though.
What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 23:27 - Jan 28 with 324 viewsKilkennyjack

I guess if it was just a business we would not be on here discussing it via a mix of passion and half an understanding of whats actually involved....? It mattered when Petty came around, and it matters now.

Beware of the Risen People

What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 23:36 - Jan 28 with 310 viewssixpenses

What I want to know about the "investment" bandied about . . . on 19:35 - Jan 28 by dgt73

The trust is not in a position to offer substantial investment in any way.

Do you mean they are unable to offer the current shareholders millions to buy their shares

Let us not confuse shareholders pocketing money which will go to them not the club with investment into the club - which if it occurs will be limited loans that will put us in debt to these new shareholders.

Buy a couple of dud players and the money is gone and the club in debt and also have additional expensive player contracts to service.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024