Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faffing about 11:23 - Jan 29 with 3045 viewsbluenile

I don't understand us, we're faffing about looking at Championship strikers who may or may not hit the target. The money's there.........................just go and break the bank for Mitrovic Ffs!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Faffing about on 20:41 - Jan 29 with 800 viewsAnotherJohn

Faffing about on 18:47 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

he's had another operation on his ankle mun.

That is a bit rich given that you didn't have a clue what the procedure was until I told you a couple of posts back. It was minor keyhole surgery to remove debris from the right ankle joint. What the overall clinical picture is we do not know, but we have so far never had a clear statement that would substantiate the oft-parroted statement on here that 'his ankles are f**ked'.
Faffing about on 22:22 - Jan 29 with 746 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Faffing about on 20:41 - Jan 29 by AnotherJohn

That is a bit rich given that you didn't have a clue what the procedure was until I told you a couple of posts back. It was minor keyhole surgery to remove debris from the right ankle joint. What the overall clinical picture is we do not know, but we have so far never had a clear statement that would substantiate the oft-parroted statement on here that 'his ankles are f**ked'.

Facking hell - his ankles are facked everyone knows this hence the couple of ops he's had .

You are saying his head is f@cked that's also a bit rich .

You've lost me in all this john . What point are you trying to make ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Faffing about on 22:35 - Jan 29 with 727 viewsAngelRangelQS

Faffing about on 13:02 - Jan 29 by AnotherJohn

I've become rather despondent about how we are handling things. Infrastructure is great, but a lot of Championship clubs have that and it does not mean they are likely to get promoted any time soon. None of the rumoured targets seem likely to do enough. We should be safe now, but if we should come a cropper in February, a very tough March is going to see us dropping alarmingly. I've almost come around to thinking that our best bet is to try to get a certain Spaniard's head right.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 13:36]

Surely the fact that our facilities are worse than "a lot of championship clubs" is precisely the reason why we need them?
Faffing about on 23:01 - Jan 29 with 709 viewsbluenile

Faffing about on 12:37 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Stadium expansion and infrastructure is a priority..

No it's not..................the team is the priority

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Faffing about on 08:04 - Jan 30 with 630 viewsAnotherJohn

Faffing about on 22:22 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Facking hell - his ankles are facked everyone knows this hence the couple of ops he's had .

You are saying his head is f@cked that's also a bit rich .

You've lost me in all this john . What point are you trying to make ?

My point is that for Michu to play well for us again he needs to regain his commitment (or in shorthand 'get his head right'), and also be fit. Regarding the latter we have no clear proof that his ankles are 'f***ed, if by that we mean he will never play again,. We only have barstool experts such as yourself (who had no clue what the recent key-hole surgery involved) endlesly parroting that 'his ankles are f**ked mon'. Can you share the diagnosis with us I wonder?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 12:15]
Faffing about on 08:05 - Jan 30 with 629 viewsDr_Winston

Faffing about on 08:04 - Jan 30 by AnotherJohn

My point is that for Michu to play well for us again he needs to regain his commitment (or in shorthand 'get his head right'), and also be fit. Regarding the latter we have no clear proof that his ankles are 'f***ed, if by that we mean he will never play again,. We only have barstool experts such as yourself (who had no clue what the recent key-hole surgery involved) endlesly parroting that 'his ankles are f**ked mon'. Can you share the diagnosis with us I wonder?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 12:15]

No proof whatsoever except the fact that he's spent much of the last two seasons having them operated on. None at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Faffing about on 08:11 - Jan 30 with 622 viewsAnotherJohn

Faffing about on 08:05 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

No proof whatsoever except the fact that he's spent much of the last two seasons having them operated on. None at all.

The question stands: what was the diagnosis? I suspect you don't even know how many ankles were operated on and when. We aren't buying, we have the player on our books already. You apparently want to throw him in the bin; I am saying review what the situation is if he returns.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 8:12]
Faffing about on 10:38 - Jan 30 with 585 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Faffing about on 08:11 - Jan 30 by AnotherJohn

The question stands: what was the diagnosis? I suspect you don't even know how many ankles were operated on and when. We aren't buying, we have the player on our books already. You apparently want to throw him in the bin; I am saying review what the situation is if he returns.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 8:12]

John

At no point have I said I want to throw him in the bin .
Read my post above on how I want him back in the team .
Now I am sitting on my bar stool saying his ankles are fu cked
And you are sitting on your bar stool saying his heads gone .
And monk has told the world that he doesn't want him , he was sitting on no bar stool when he said it by the way .
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 10:40]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Faffing about on 12:38 - Jan 30 with 541 viewsAnotherJohn

Faffing about on 10:38 - Jan 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

John

At no point have I said I want to throw him in the bin .
Read my post above on how I want him back in the team .
Now I am sitting on my bar stool saying his ankles are fu cked
And you are sitting on your bar stool saying his heads gone .
And monk has told the world that he doesn't want him , he was sitting on no bar stool when he said it by the way .
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 10:40]

We may not be so far apart on what we'd like to happen, but in an ideal world it seems to me that we would address the three problems in this order

Problem 1: Michu's right ankle isn't right.
Possible solution: MM has key-hole surgery to remove debris left in situ at the time of the first operation, and we see if that is successful. This is in process..

Problem 2: It seems that MM is not committed to playing for the Swans (the' head').
Possible solution: MM needs to say he wants another chance. No move has so far been made. We wait and hope.

Problem 3: Garry does not want MM back.
Possible solution: Garry said the above because of MM's lack of commitment, so the solution is the same as per 2. We wait and hope.

All this by the way does not mean we shouldn't be trying for a quality signing like Mitrovic. It is just that we should also keep an open mind about the long shot that is still there with Michu. In any event we need two quality strikers, and I'd be very surprised if Bafe starts next season with us.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 13:57]
Faffing about on 13:19 - Jan 30 with 529 viewssixpenses

Faffing about on 12:38 - Jan 30 by AnotherJohn

We may not be so far apart on what we'd like to happen, but in an ideal world it seems to me that we would address the three problems in this order

Problem 1: Michu's right ankle isn't right.
Possible solution: MM has key-hole surgery to remove debris left in situ at the time of the first operation, and we see if that is successful. This is in process..

Problem 2: It seems that MM is not committed to playing for the Swans (the' head').
Possible solution: MM needs to say he wants another chance. No move has so far been made. We wait and hope.

Problem 3: Garry does not want MM back.
Possible solution: Garry said the above because of MM's lack of commitment, so the solution is the same as per 2. We wait and hope.

All this by the way does not mean we shouldn't be trying for a quality signing like Mitrovic. It is just that we should also keep an open mind about the long shot that is still there with Michu. In any event we need two quality strikers, and I'd be very surprised if Bafe starts next season with us.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 13:57]

Problems 2 and 3 mostly agree

Despite it being painted that Garry rid us of the troublesome Spaniards it is far from true.

He wanted Pabs (was a longtime fan of his tremendous skill and said he wanted to build the team around him), Chico (been magnificent for me, a worrier, the best player on the pitch by miles), Michu and JDG (both of whom he also spoke highly) to stay. They all chose to leave. It is quite clear he rated these players and saw them as an asset to the team.
- NB I know JDG only from Spanish team and is Canadian / Dutch

As you identify he was very disappointed but wisely chose not to force players to stay that wanted to move on (of course JDG not in contract). Garry being Garry when asked soon after if he would have Michu back he vehemently replied in the negative, letting his disappointment do the talking for us. Michu however was still our player so this was not the wisest of moves for many reasons. In fact it would be hard to stop him coming back if he wanted too.

Michu and Garry getting over this and committing to each other may in my opinion could be much less of an issue than his fitness. It is why (even though I agree with Tommy that in my opinion he was one of the finest players it has ever been my privilege to watch in a Swansea shirt) I was surprised Garry wanted to keep him in the first place.

As for the head I only agree in the same way Bony's and JDG's heads wanted CL football. Although Michu on the pitch is a wild and intuitive beast that likes to roam. The other players would need to be on board with that and it may not fit well with Garry's more controlled approach. Sometimes it is best not to go back. But if it came off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024