Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Cork 12:11 - Jan 29 with 26474 viewsmagicdaps10

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jack Cork on 22:17 - Jan 29 with 3653 viewsNeathJack

Jack Cork on 22:05 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

They'll be in the sh!t though when Koeman walks for a big job. They're not that different to us.

Maybe they'll look to an ex Soton player who has experience in managing at top 10 Premier League level........
Jack Cork on 22:17 - Jan 29 with 3653 viewsItchySphincter

Jack Cork on 22:06 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Depends how they replace him. They've got a pretty good record when it comes to appointing managers too.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 22:06]

No doubt. Similar to us and experiencing an exceptional season. Not sustainable whether Koeman stays or not. Natural order will be restored next year with the likes of them and us hoping/scrapping for a mid table finish.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jack Cork on 22:18 - Jan 29 with 3638 viewspencoedjack

Jack Cork on 22:17 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

Maybe they'll look to an ex Soton player who has experience in managing at top 10 Premier League level........

I have always thought that might be an option for him (if he did well with us)
Jack Cork on 22:32 - Jan 29 with 3547 viewsdeanscfc

Sounds like a good signing but at the risk of sounding negative, why wouldn't he want to stay at a club who could well be playing champions league next season??
Jack Cork on 22:39 - Jan 29 with 3498 viewsphact0rri

Jack Cork on 22:32 - Jan 29 by deanscfc

Sounds like a good signing but at the risk of sounding negative, why wouldn't he want to stay at a club who could well be playing champions league next season??

Two reasons.

1) he's been shafted this season, and Koeman has said it about goading him in public. so time on the pitch is a great factor.

2) his contract ends at the end of the season so the saints would rather get a piece of the pie on a sale then letting him transfer on a free.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Jack Cork on 22:48 - Jan 29 with 3436 viewsdameedna

C O R K I N
Jack Cork on 23:56 - Jan 29 with 3200 viewssnork44

Jack Cork on 20:06 - Jan 29 by blaine_scfc

Am I right in saying he has never been a regular with Southampton since they got into premier league? I don't know much about him, but we seem to be always linked with him so I would hope he has something about him. Fingers crossed he comes good but I agree with Penc, struggle to get excited with this one.

Iesu Mawr! If we had signed Messi and Ronaldo, you still wouldn't rate them! Tom Carroll-not rated, Kyle Naughton-not rated and now Jack Cork-not rated, just out of interest who do you rate?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Jack Cork on 01:25 - Jan 30 with 3042 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jack Cork on 19:54 - Jan 29 by football2301

not a cast off but he's struggled to get in their side of late he's no better than we got

B*llocks! Who's the equivalent better holding or defensive midfielder then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Cork on 04:42 - Jan 30 with 2941 viewsGlyn1

It's one of those deals that is good for everyone, which is unusual.

For Southampton: they get £3m for a player who would only have played a maximum of 16 matches until the end of the season, and probably he wouldn't have played in most of them anyway. They also save almost £1/4 to £1/2m on his wages.

For Swansea: we get the defensive midfielder that we desperately need at a knockdown price.

For Jack Cork: he gets the opportunity to play a lot of first team football rather than sitting on the bench. All credit to him for accepting this deal rather than sitting on the Saints bench until the summer and then leaving on a free transfer, which would have probably made him a lot more money.

It's a great deal all round, so congratulations to the management for doing this - what's not to like?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 4:43]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Jack Cork on 07:27 - Jan 30 with 2780 viewsEdmundo

He has the qualities we need, how many times have we been linked with him. Hope we can get this all sorted so he can start the Sunderland game.

👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Jack Cork on 07:29 - Jan 30 with 2771 viewsDr_Winston

Looks like Huw will finally get his man anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack Cork on 08:01 - Jan 30 with 2690 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jack Cork on 04:42 - Jan 30 by Glyn1

For Southampton: they get £3m for a player who would only have played a maximum of 16 matches until the end of the season, and probably he wouldn't have played in most of them anyway. They also save almost £1/4 to £1/2m on his wages.

For Swansea: we get the defensive midfielder that we desperately need at a knockdown price.

For Jack Cork: he gets the opportunity to play a lot of first team football rather than sitting on the bench. All credit to him for accepting this deal rather than sitting on the Saints bench until the summer and then leaving on a free transfer, which would have probably made him a lot more money.

It's a great deal all round, so congratulations to the management for doing this - what's not to like?

Great post, spot on. Win win win

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jack Cork on 08:24 - Jan 30 with 2610 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack Cork on 07:29 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Looks like Huw will finally get his man anyway.

Director of football in all but name.
Jack Cork on 08:30 - Jan 30 with 2582 viewsHugeEnkins

Has he definitely signed?! I haven't seen anything official yet. I'm a fan of this move for sure
Jack Cork on 09:26 - Jan 30 with 2442 viewsquiff

Really hope this one comes off, for me he is the most natural successor to Leon I have seen, and a position we badly need to strengthen. Hopefully shouldn't cost too much with the contract expiring in the summer.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Jack Cork on 09:33 - Jan 30 with 2414 viewsQuakerJack

I'm a tetchy sod until the deal is done... I agree with all this, I just worry about that penultimate bit... if he hangs on he makes a lot more money...

Soton have agreed a fee for the reasons you've said... Cork hasn't agreed terms yet... unless I've missed something?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Jack Cork on 10:15 - Jan 30 with 2293 viewspencoedjack

Jack Cork on 08:30 - Jan 30 by HugeEnkins

Has he definitely signed?! I haven't seen anything official yet. I'm a fan of this move for sure

Cant see it being done before he is ineligible to play for us Sunday.

Southampton obviously don't realise how longer paperwork takes in Swansea.
Jack Cork on 10:16 - Jan 30 with 2286 viewsPlazex

I hope he pulls out some positive things for the team. (See what I did there?)

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack Cork on 10:26 - Jan 30 with 2239 viewssomersetsimon

Jack Cork on 10:15 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

Cant see it being done before he is ineligible to play for us Sunday.

Southampton obviously don't realise how longer paperwork takes in Swansea.

Eligible or not, I'd be surprised if he plays without having spent any time with our players beforehand. Might have some useful advice for the manager though!
Jack Cork on 10:36 - Jan 30 with 2180 viewssixpenses

Jack Cork on 09:33 - Jan 30 by QuakerJack

I'm a tetchy sod until the deal is done... I agree with all this, I just worry about that penultimate bit... if he hangs on he makes a lot more money...

Soton have agreed a fee for the reasons you've said... Cork hasn't agreed terms yet... unless I've missed something?

He is well aware that if he waits a few more months he is a free agent and can get all of any transfer fee like Gomis and Fab. Even if keen to prove himself in another team that is a lot to give up.

Given our need for such a player he would be in a strong position, so I imagine in addition to any fee payable he has got himself a substantial little wedge of a signing on fee, which will probably compensate for much of what he could have got as a free agent at the end of the season.

Seems like a solid signing for us. Fingers crossed he fits in quickly and starts making a difference.
Jack Cork on 11:49 - Jan 30 with 2001 viewsAJ101

Jack Cork on 09:33 - Jan 30 by QuakerJack

I'd imagine Southampton would hold out until after noon today before signing off the paperwork as it would be rather embarrassing if he came on and scored the winner against them two days after leaving!
Jack Cork on 12:19 - Jan 30 with 1879 viewsmax936

Jack Cork on 11:49 - Jan 30 by AJ101

I'd imagine Southampton would hold out until after noon today before signing off the paperwork as it would be rather embarrassing if he came on and scored the winner against them two days after leaving!

He scored a few goals earlier on in the season, think it was somin like 4or5 on the trot which is good going for a Dm, so he's certainly got goals in his locker, happy days.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jack Cork on 12:22 - Jan 30 with 1864 viewsMatthew_117

Jack Cork on 22:02 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Koeman's greater experience has undoubtedly been a benefit, but they've also sold four players for massive sums and reinvested that in five or six new acquisitions that have given them much greater strength in depth.

They're a lesson to us in how to get top dollar for your best players.

To be fair though, if that's regarding the Bony sale, we were hampered by financial fair play. If Man City weren't bound to that max transfer spend (or whatever it is) I hope we would of held out for more.

Once again financial 'fair' play has had a detrimental effect on a smaller club
Jack Cork on 12:26 - Jan 30 with 1838 viewsSTEVE1

SSN state both clubs expect deal to be concluded today.
Jack Cork on 12:37 - Jan 30 with 1778 viewsParlay

Jack Cork on 12:26 - Jan 30 by STEVE1

SSN state both clubs expect deal to be concluded today.

Excellent signing and somewhat of a relief if this can come off.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024