Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for some straight talking. 12:27 - Jan 29 with 9925 viewsperchrockjack

=============== Jackarmy boys can paste this if it stimulates you.

1. Where is the Evidence that this sell out will take place

2. If it does, why would it kill our club

3. If the current board of directors make a lot of money by a sale, quite wtf should we be arsed ;frankly why people who were pre -eminent in saving our club and putting our club into this whole new ball game are being vilified by questionable posters is deeply shaming. It makes us look like filth.

4.Why would any American incomers want to run down/asset stripour club when ,if we move up, they d make more.

5. If their involvement frees us from a rabid and feckless band of doombrains at Swansea Council, then surely its joy deep joy. Never forget it was a Swansea council that bought the vetch on the cheap and did nowt for us at all. We went bust as a result.
Now its karma time and our club-now a big deal- is calling the shots.

6. Not all American /foreign investment is necessarily bad.

7. I remember Swansea Town/City as being a basket case- a source of amusement for those denizens of a decrepit mind set. Now, look at us and this is just the beginning, but some are blinded by simply envy- ie Swansea people becoming rich, anathema to some, well not to all. THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF THIS VILIFICATION is simply the fact that directors ,those who took the risk to save us, will end up rich men. If they do, I really hope they enjoy it as we have everything to thank them for .

So.. its a matter of Trust and THE trust.

Who you believe will colour your thoughts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Time for some straight talking. on 15:12 - Jan 29 with 1283 viewsApeShit

Time for some straight talking. on 15:00 - Jan 29 by Dizzy

You have included yourself in the group who saved the club. Im interested to here more about your efforts.
Even if they do sell their shares, they have still done a fk sight more for this club than gobby no marks like yourself.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 15:06]

Are you OK buddy?
Time for some straight talking. on 15:47 - Jan 29 with 1240 viewsskippyjack

Time for some straight talking. on 15:12 - Jan 29 by ApeShit

Are you OK buddy?

Jesus.. I know you're a conservative.. but by f*ck show some class.

Towards Drizzy
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 15:54]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Time for some straight talking. on 15:49 - Jan 29 with 1229 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 15:12 - Jan 29 by ApeShit

Are you OK buddy?

He is interested to here (sic) so leave him there

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Time for some straight talking. on 15:53 - Jan 29 with 1229 viewsskippyjack

I'm not sure what I've offered the club..ask them.. my loyal support home and away since we played Northampton in 1997.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Time for some straight talking. on 16:06 - Jan 29 with 1200 viewsGeoffThom

So when are some of the bright sparks on here who expect the guys running the club to carry on going to invest some of their hard earned cash to buy them out at a cheaper rate and keep the club in the prem and move them forward with their much needed cash injection because I don't see anyone else wanting the club and the guys running it are starting to tire of it plus probably want their money back with interest talk is cheap eh !
Time for some straight talking. on 16:10 - Jan 29 with 1190 viewsjackonicko

Time for some straight talking. on 15:53 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

I'm not sure what I've offered the club..ask them.. my loyal support home and away since we played Northampton in 1997.

Wembley glory hunter :)
Time for some straight talking. on 16:20 - Jan 29 with 1176 viewsperchrockjack

THANK YOU for your replies..
Mon. Sorry but with great respect Phil has been vilified and his contribution and his future intentions questioned directly on this very site.

Clearly, the Board have been met with contempt and suspicion with the evidence being "Common sense and History". Tip, dont try that line in a Court of Law .
Moreover, we ve had Uxbridge giving us first hand an account of where the Trust stands so unless anyone can adduce incontravertable evidence that both the Trust and Board intend to or inadvertently mean to effectively shaft our club for personal gain. These accusations are many and made by people some of whom are not even a Trust member.

THE ONLY WAY we will know is if/when the takeover takes place and THEN I years to come we ll see what transpires but in the meantime we are traducing the very people that did soething t save our beloved club and this I find disgusting genuinely.

I believe that envy on some fans part is also a factor. We are big business now, the parsimonious days have gone and we now have clout. We re punching above our weight and have been because of the people we have had in charge. NOW these people are being portrayed as demons.

Its clear Jenkins believes that we need to step up or regress. Some might want this. Ive seen plenty harking back to the lower division days when we had "real fans" and you could sit/stand where you wanted. Yeah.

So, its down to trust, as I keep saying.SOME DONT, some do, Im ambivalent frankly but I fear some good people will walk away from this club because of the crap on here and the deal NOT happen. That will be the worst scenario.

Ape... please don't worry about my world

Time for some straight talking. on 16:24 - Jan 29 with 1171 viewsskippyjack

Time for some straight talking. on 16:06 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

So when are some of the bright sparks on here who expect the guys running the club to carry on going to invest some of their hard earned cash to buy them out at a cheaper rate and keep the club in the prem and move them forward with their much needed cash injection because I don't see anyone else wanting the club and the guys running it are starting to tire of it plus probably want their money back with interest talk is cheap eh !

Swansea till I die they said
Until money turned their head
Off they went into the sun
Run, run, run, run
Our business in this club is done
They said they were loyal
They said they were for the fans
It turns out they were traitors
With different plans
Now a billionaire has a say
Forever more till this day
As fans we know in the past
This isn't the Swansea Way
Swansea till I die they said.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for some straight talking. on 16:31 - Jan 29 with 1151 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 16:24 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Run, run, run, run
With different plans

What the feck was that crap as I've said before some of the bitter jealous vitriol that's started to be spouted on here is sickening to the core too these guys who deserve nothing but praise if you lot aren't careful you'll pull this club apart from the inside what a stupid poem !
Time for some straight talking. on 16:34 - Jan 29 with 1143 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 16:24 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Run, run, run, run
With different plans

What the feck was that crap as I've said before some of the bitter jealous vitriol that's started to be spouted on here is sickening to the core too these guys who deserve nothing but praise if you lot aren't careful you'll pull this club apart from the inside what a stupid poem !
Time for some straight talking. on 16:36 - Jan 29 with 1138 viewsskippyjack

Time for some straight talking. on 16:31 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

My poem is about loyalty, integrity, honesty.. they're leading us into the unknown..

Time for some straight talking. on 16:38 - Jan 29 with 1136 viewsperchrockjack

........hence my references to Yanks and money and people making big money.

That IS what is getting up some people s noses..
We ve had the most venal vivious attacks on people who ve helped our club..
What is being bitched about is conjecture..

or..."history"..

Note that any dissention from the view of the majority is met with derision..

Voulez vous couchez avec moi ce soir

Time for some straight talking. on 16:38 - Jan 29 with 1136 viewsperchrockjack

........hence my references to Yanks and money and people making big money.

That IS what is getting up some people s noses..
We ve had the most venal vicious attacks on people who ve helped our club..
What is being bitched about is conjecture..

or..."history"..

Note that any dissention from the view of the majority is met with derision..

Voulez vous couchez avec moi ce soir

Time for some straight talking. on 16:43 - Jan 29 with 1127 viewsskippyjack

I remember the words they uttered.. Run by fans for the fans.. promising we'll never be sold to some mercenary.. I don't like hypocrites perch.

Time for some straight talking. on 16:50 - Jan 29 with 1111 viewsperchrockjack

Sadly skip, we can all be.

Nobody has ever not said one thing and done another.

Some admit it ,some wouldn't which is kinda hypocritical in itself..

You did my pm ?

Time for some straight talking. on 16:55 - Jan 29 with 1052 viewsDr_Winston

The fact that some people seem to think that outside investment is in any way necessary or desirable would suggest that the last ten/fifteen years has been completely wasted on them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for some straight talking. on 16:56 - Jan 29 with 1045 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 16:06 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

What cash injection? And why is it much needed?

They already have their investment back.... 20 times over.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 17:01 - Jan 29 with 1041 viewsskippyjack

Nah.. the big thing about this.. I mentioned months ago.. this move is good for the City.. if you look at it from an economical standpoint.. a billionaire wants to invest in Swansea..

Time for some straight talking. on 17:02 - Jan 29 with 1040 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 16:56 - Jan 29 by Parlay

What cash injection? And why is it much needed?

They already have their investment back.... 20 times over.

And you are very bitter towards it ,as for the cash injection if and its a big if these guys should walk away after a fantastic job who's going to fill the void then YOU !,I smeone wants to invest or buy this club then it should be seriously thought about the clock is ticking and nobody is getting younger and the prem doesn't suffer small fry or fools
Time for some straight talking. on 17:14 - Jan 29 with 1025 viewsLeonisGod

Time for some straight talking. on 17:01 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Nah.. the big thing about this.. I mentioned months ago.. this move is good for the City.. if you look at it from an economical standpoint.. a billionaire wants to invest in Swansea..

FFP caps the amount of money that can be pumped in though, so whether a billionaire or a trillionaire is largely irrelevant. I agree with others saying that if the last decade has proven anything it is that we can buck the trend - we are being held up as examples of good practice by our peers. We don't NEED to go down this route to be competitive in the PL. We've proven that over the last 3 seasons.

If there's a way of making this work, so we can invest more in the facilities, buy better players, train the bar staff, and do ALL that without lowering the quality of our leadership and decision making by the board (which has been excellent - again proven by where we are), then great. It is a risk if you change the management structure - and these guys we are linked with have a bad track record. But it's not inevitable that we have to go down this route.
Time for some straight talking. on 17:16 - Jan 29 with 1012 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 17:02 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

And you are very bitter towards it ,as for the cash injection if and its a big if these guys should walk away after a fantastic job who's going to fill the void then YOU !,I smeone wants to invest or buy this club then it should be seriously thought about the clock is ticking and nobody is getting younger and the prem doesn't suffer small fry or fools

You have not answered the question.

Bitter? I dont feel we should spend £20m of the clubs money to facilitate a personal share transfer, i think that is just being a fan.

You haven't really thought your viewpoint through.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 17:41 - Jan 29 with 997 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 17:16 - Jan 29 by Parlay

You have not answered the question.

Bitter? I dont feel we should spend £20m of the clubs money to facilitate a personal share transfer, i think that is just being a fan.

You haven't really thought your viewpoint through.

Do you not ,when these guys took on the running of this club their necks were on the block not yours ,if it wasn't for these guys they'd be no club never mind be a fan of it so if they've earnt good money frm it I applaud them and good luck there's still a club and in a bloody good condition which they not you or I did so do us a favour and get of the moral high ground your just being a typical Swansea nimby which God help us hold this City which I love back ,I can understand some of your reservations but time moves on and this club at some point will have to be sold and unless you have somebody in mind I don't see anyone else coming along ,you just want these guys to just keep going but maybe they don't want to ,so if you don't recomend the yanks who do you suggest
Time for some straight talking. on 18:03 - Jan 29 with 969 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 17:41 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

Do you not ,when these guys took on the running of this club their necks were on the block not yours ,if it wasn't for these guys they'd be no club never mind be a fan of it so if they've earnt good money frm it I applaud them and good luck there's still a club and in a bloody good condition which they not you or I did so do us a favour and get of the moral high ground your just being a typical Swansea nimby which God help us hold this City which I love back ,I can understand some of your reservations but time moves on and this club at some point will have to be sold and unless you have somebody in mind I don't see anyone else coming along ,you just want these guys to just keep going but maybe they don't want to ,so if you don't recomend the yanks who do you suggest

Its nothing to do with earning money. It is selling to someone who has a history of harming clubs.

Which part of that is confusing you? Or are you too wrapped up in wanting the directors to pocket millions that the clubs welfare is an after thought?

Nobody is making the directors leave. They take millions in dividends, generous salaries and their own personal companies are given lucrative contracts... To suggest they have been sitting on their investment and somehow are wanting it back now is disingenuous.

They have made their money back twenty fold. If they wish to cash in then great do so, but they took over the club to get it out of foreign leeches, not to put it back in the hands of one. They have a duty of care to make sure when they move on then it is to the right people. John Moores is not the right person.

If there is nobody else this season then though titties. They will have to suffer earning hundreds of thousands a year until they can pass the club onto someone who can look after it.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 18:23 - Jan 29 with 937 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 18:03 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Its nothing to do with earning money. It is selling to someone who has a history of harming clubs.

Which part of that is confusing you? Or are you too wrapped up in wanting the directors to pocket millions that the clubs welfare is an after thought?

Nobody is making the directors leave. They take millions in dividends, generous salaries and their own personal companies are given lucrative contracts... To suggest they have been sitting on their investment and somehow are wanting it back now is disingenuous.

They have made their money back twenty fold. If they wish to cash in then great do so, but they took over the club to get it out of foreign leeches, not to put it back in the hands of one. They have a duty of care to make sure when they move on then it is to the right people. John Moores is not the right person.

If there is nobody else this season then though titties. They will have to suffer earning hundreds of thousands a year until they can pass the club onto someone who can look after it.

Ha ha a they don't have to wait if they don't want too ,as I've said you expect them to carry on why should they as you and others are making them out to be greedy feckers who only think about lining their own pockets if I was one I'd fast be thinking feck this some of these prats are starting to have a real go at me and I'm not having it so come on then we're these new Knights in shining armour if they walk
Time for some straight talking. on 18:26 - Jan 29 with 933 viewsAngelRangelQS

Time for some straight talking. on 12:37 - Jan 29 by Parlay

1. It has been discussed by our very own chairman. Why would they lie about it?

2. Kill it? It probably wont. Send it backwards? Because our ethos goes out the window and we would have a business plan which relies on loans. Loans we will have to pay back. They can also cream off any profits limiting our spending power like he did with the Padres and pocketed $200m of their tv rights deal.

3. Nobody is arsed they get rich. We are arsed that certain board members who claim a great connection to this club are selling out to a man that has an awful track record in Sport which rivals the likes of Tony Petty when it comes to intentions and moral up-keeping.

4. They wouldnt come in with the intention of doing that. But asset stripping may be the result of it. Vincent Tan ploughed £140m into Cardiff, they are now in the Championship owe him crippling amounts of money and are now forced to live off a thread buying league 2 journeymen to balance the books while Tan assets strips what he can on the playing staff.

5. The stadium doesnt need to be purchased. It is a waste of £20 million, it is being done to facilitate the takeover, not because it makes sense for the club.

6. This isnt "all investment" this is a takeover by John Moores. Ask a San Diego Padres fan what they think of John Moores.

7. It has nothing to do with them being rich men. The club always comes first. How anybody can applaud them getting rich to the detriment of the club is beyond me.

There really is no need for anyone else to answer the OP.

Perfect answer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024