Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for some straight talking. 12:27 - Jan 29 with 9916 viewsperchrockjack

=============== Jackarmy boys can paste this if it stimulates you.

1. Where is the Evidence that this sell out will take place

2. If it does, why would it kill our club

3. If the current board of directors make a lot of money by a sale, quite wtf should we be arsed ;frankly why people who were pre -eminent in saving our club and putting our club into this whole new ball game are being vilified by questionable posters is deeply shaming. It makes us look like filth.

4.Why would any American incomers want to run down/asset stripour club when ,if we move up, they d make more.

5. If their involvement frees us from a rabid and feckless band of doombrains at Swansea Council, then surely its joy deep joy. Never forget it was a Swansea council that bought the vetch on the cheap and did nowt for us at all. We went bust as a result.
Now its karma time and our club-now a big deal- is calling the shots.

6. Not all American /foreign investment is necessarily bad.

7. I remember Swansea Town/City as being a basket case- a source of amusement for those denizens of a decrepit mind set. Now, look at us and this is just the beginning, but some are blinded by simply envy- ie Swansea people becoming rich, anathema to some, well not to all. THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF THIS VILIFICATION is simply the fact that directors ,those who took the risk to save us, will end up rich men. If they do, I really hope they enjoy it as we have everything to thank them for .

So.. its a matter of Trust and THE trust.

Who you believe will colour your thoughts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Time for some straight talking. on 18:31 - Jan 29 with 1217 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 18:23 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

Ha ha a they don't have to wait if they don't want too ,as I've said you expect them to carry on why should they as you and others are making them out to be greedy feckers who only think about lining their own pockets if I was one I'd fast be thinking feck this some of these prats are starting to have a real go at me and I'm not having it so come on then we're these new Knights in shining armour if they walk

I know they dont have to - hence why they are not, and hence why the fans that have a deep care for swansea are speaking out. It seems you are a fan of the board rather than a fan of the club. This deal is to the detriment of Swansea City and you are acting like we should all be fine about it because the directors are getting paid with the clubs money essentially.

I shall refer to my scenario i have posted previously.

If i saved a cat from drowning 10 years ago and have since been lapping up the praise claiming i am an animal saviour... It doesn't give me the right to mistreat it 10 years down the line and expect people to look the other way or understand, just because i did well to save it in the first place.

The board have a duty of care and for me they are ignoring that for even more cash.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 18:33]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Time for some straight talking. on 18:41 - Jan 29 with 1207 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 18:31 - Jan 29 by Parlay

I know they dont have to - hence why they are not, and hence why the fans that have a deep care for swansea are speaking out. It seems you are a fan of the board rather than a fan of the club. This deal is to the detriment of Swansea City and you are acting like we should all be fine about it because the directors are getting paid with the clubs money essentially.

I shall refer to my scenario i have posted previously.

If i saved a cat from drowning 10 years ago and have since been lapping up the praise claiming i am an animal saviour... It doesn't give me the right to mistreat it 10 years down the line and expect people to look the other way or understand, just because i did well to save it in the first place.

The board have a duty of care and for me they are ignoring that for even more cash.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 18:33]

Yep they saved this club when nobody and I mean nobody was interested ,and if they hadn't you'd be another glory hunting Man U fan or a rugby fan so if they get a good divy for it they bloody well deserve it you seem to have no faith in them at all ,I do and I will trust them not your judgment as they've not let me down so far so their duty of care is good in my eyes
Time for some straight talking. on 18:46 - Jan 29 with 1198 viewsNeath_Jack

Do you know what?

I would rather be back in the Championship with local owners/directors and be financially solvent, than gamble on some maverick foreign investors.

There i said it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Time for some straight talking. on 18:54 - Jan 29 with 1183 views1jack

Time for some straight talking. on 18:46 - Jan 29 by Neath_Jack

Do you know what?

I would rather be back in the Championship with local owners/directors and be financially solvent, than gamble on some maverick foreign investors.

There i said it.

me too
Time for some straight talking. on 18:57 - Jan 29 with 1176 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 18:41 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

Yep they saved this club when nobody and I mean nobody was interested ,and if they hadn't you'd be another glory hunting Man U fan or a rugby fan so if they get a good divy for it they bloody well deserve it you seem to have no faith in them at all ,I do and I will trust them not your judgment as they've not let me down so far so their duty of care is good in my eyes

Id be neither, but that is besides the point.

You seem to be saying that because they saved the club (even though it was Mel Nurse that truly saved it) they can now place it in grave danger in exchange for some cash... And as a supporter you are happy about it.

That beggars belief.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 18:58 - Jan 29 with 1178 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 18:46 - Jan 29 by Neath_Jack

Do you know what?

There i said it.

The day would eventually come in the champ or any other league for that matter and as for local it would be a case of who nobody wanted it locally last time which don't get me wrong is a shame but there are no jack walkers here
Time for some straight talking. on 19:14 - Jan 29 with 1166 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 18:57 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Id be neither, but that is besides the point.

You seem to be saying that because they saved the club (even though it was Mel Nurse that truly saved it) they can now place it in grave danger in exchange for some cash... And as a supporter you are happy about it.

That beggars belief.

Mel got paid with interest but that didn't bother you ,you don't know weather were in grave danger or not it's pure conjecture as a supporter for 45 years I tjink I've just about seen it all and the times these local lads have given me are probably the best so yes I'm happy to trust them
Time for some straight talking. on 19:18 - Jan 29 with 1155 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 19:14 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

Mel got paid with interest but that didn't bother you ,you don't know weather were in grave danger or not it's pure conjecture as a supporter for 45 years I tjink I've just about seen it all and the times these local lads have given me are probably the best so yes I'm happy to trust them

What didnt bother me? You are taking an awfully odd line of debate.

The current directors have been paid more and "with interest" than Mel could ever dream of being.

There is no "trust them". They wont be here for you to trust, we will have John Moores, you know, the guy that ripped off his baseball team for $200m of their TV rights money.

Wake up.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Time for some straight talking. on 19:25 - Jan 29 with 1142 viewsNeathJack

Time for some straight talking. on 19:18 - Jan 29 by Parlay

The current directors have been paid more and "with interest" than Mel could ever dream of being.

There is no "trust them". They wont be here for you to trust, we will have John Moores, you know, the guy that ripped off his baseball team for $200m of their TV rights money.

Wake up.

You say "ripped off his baseball team for $200m of tv rights money".

However, this was part of the deal that saw him sell the club. The price paid by the incoming owners was determined partly by the fact it had been agreed by all parties that Moores would keep the tv money as part of the deal. A deal the buyers of the club were happy with.

So it's slightly disingenuous to say he ripped off the money.
Time for some straight talking. on 19:27 - Jan 29 with 1135 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 19:18 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Wake up.

It didn't bother you that he had a thank you ,got it now .
As for them getting more that was mels choice he'd done his bit luv him he didn't want to run the club .
And you don't know if they will or will not rip off the club your sumising ..
So go back to bed and wait for an outcome to wake up too ,as I've told you if whoevers wrong we can revisit this thread and damm the other one
So give it up your going round in circles again and looking like a jealous man
Time for some straight talking. on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 1134 viewsBloodyhills

Time for some straight talking. on 12:37 - Jan 29 by Parlay

1. It has been discussed by our very own chairman. Why would they lie about it?

2. Kill it? It probably wont. Send it backwards? Because our ethos goes out the window and we would have a business plan which relies on loans. Loans we will have to pay back. They can also cream off any profits limiting our spending power like he did with the Padres and pocketed $200m of their tv rights deal.

3. Nobody is arsed they get rich. We are arsed that certain board members who claim a great connection to this club are selling out to a man that has an awful track record in Sport which rivals the likes of Tony Petty when it comes to intentions and moral up-keeping.

4. They wouldnt come in with the intention of doing that. But asset stripping may be the result of it. Vincent Tan ploughed £140m into Cardiff, they are now in the Championship owe him crippling amounts of money and are now forced to live off a thread buying league 2 journeymen to balance the books while Tan assets strips what he can on the playing staff.

5. The stadium doesnt need to be purchased. It is a waste of £20 million, it is being done to facilitate the takeover, not because it makes sense for the club.

6. This isnt "all investment" this is a takeover by John Moores. Ask a San Diego Padres fan what they think of John Moores.

7. It has nothing to do with them being rich men. The club always comes first. How anybody can applaud them getting rich to the detriment of the club is beyond me.

This +

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Time for some straight talking. on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 1129 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 19:25 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

However, this was part of the deal that saw him sell the club. The price paid by the incoming owners was determined partly by the fact it had been agreed by all parties that Moores would keep the tv money as part of the deal. A deal the buyers of the club were happy with.

Of course they were happy with it, he took $200m of the clubs money to facilitate the deal. Sound great mate.

Maybe when he sells us the next owner will let him keep our £65m SKY money. Sounds good.

Disingenuous my arse.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 1120 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 19:27 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

It didn't bother you that he had a thank you ,got it now .
As for them getting more that was mels choice he'd done his bit luv him he didn't want to run the club .
And you don't know if they will or will not rip off the club your sumising ..
So go back to bed and wait for an outcome to wake up too ,as I've told you if whoevers wrong we can revisit this thread and damm the other one
So give it up your going round in circles again and looking like a jealous man

How do you know what bothered me? What are you even going on about? Leave that silly tittle tattle behind because you are no good at it and it is doing you no favours.

Of course they are in it for the money you pleb. What are they in it for then? Great texan love of Swansea?

Yeah I'm completely jealous thats it. Go and rub one out over your glossy pic of leigh Dineen.

I couldn't give a flying frazzle how much they get, they can get a billion for all i care. Not interested.

What i am interested in is the club going to the right owners and not people that took $200m out of their last club.

You couldnt be more naive if you tried.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 19:34 - Jan 29 with 1119 viewsNeathJack

Time for some straight talking. on 19:28 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Of course they were happy with it, he took $200m of the clubs money to facilitate the deal. Sound great mate.

Maybe when he sells us the next owner will let him keep our £65m SKY money. Sounds good.

Disingenuous my arse.

I know better than to waste an evening of my life going back and forth with you as even when you are wrong, you wouldn't not admit it.

All I'll say is as usual, it is not as black and white as you are making it our to be.

http://www.gaslampball.com/2012/10/15/3508222/selig-on-why-moores-was-allowed-to
Time for some straight talking. on 19:40 - Jan 29 with 1108 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 19:34 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

I know better than to waste an evening of my life going back and forth with you as even when you are wrong, you wouldn't not admit it.

All I'll say is as usual, it is not as black and white as you are making it our to be.

http://www.gaslampball.com/2012/10/15/3508222/selig-on-why-moores-was-allowed-to

No you have thought you found an opening to debate with me and quickly realised that what you are proposing is a load of twaddle and have looked for the nearest exit as usual. If you cannot expand on your point then dont make one in the first place.

You can have a link to Jeremy Kyle for all i care. He took $200m of the Padres TV rights cash. Want a link to how their fans feel about it? Because they are the ones affected... Or us as it will be.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 19:43 - Jan 29 with 1105 viewsNeathJack

Time for some straight talking. on 19:40 - Jan 29 by Parlay

No you have thought you found an opening to debate with me and quickly realised that what you are proposing is a load of twaddle and have looked for the nearest exit as usual. If you cannot expand on your point then dont make one in the first place.

You can have a link to Jeremy Kyle for all i care. He took $200m of the Padres TV rights cash. Want a link to how their fans feel about it? Because they are the ones affected... Or us as it will be.

No, like I said I don't want to spend an evening of my life discussing/arguing with a mentalist.

You can dress it up as a win for yourself all you like, I couldn't give the slightest f8ck.

I made my point that's it's not as black & white as you are making out. I have no issue with you disagreeing. It doesn't make you right but what I'm not going to do is waste my life debating it.

Now you carry on and do what you always do there's a good lad.
Time for some straight talking. on 19:46 - Jan 29 with 1094 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 19:43 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

No, like I said I don't want to spend an evening of my life discussing/arguing with a mentalist.

You can dress it up as a win for yourself all you like, I couldn't give the slightest f8ck.

I made my point that's it's not as black & white as you are making out. I have no issue with you disagreeing. It doesn't make you right but what I'm not going to do is waste my life debating it.

Now you carry on and do what you always do there's a good lad.

No, you don't want to be made to look a prat by me as usual. If you didnt want to discuss it then you wouldn't have, yet you are on your 3rd post in quick succession two of them professing how much you dont want to talk about it, conveniently after my initial reply which ripped your nonsense to bits.

Off you pop.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 19:50 - Jan 29 with 1086 viewsNeathJack

Time for some straight talking. on 19:46 - Jan 29 by Parlay

No, you don't want to be made to look a prat by me as usual. If you didnt want to discuss it then you wouldn't have, yet you are on your 3rd post in quick succession two of them professing how much you dont want to talk about it, conveniently after my initial reply which ripped your nonsense to bits.

Off you pop.

Here's my 4th post look.

Seek help. If not for your sake, for the rest of us.
Time for some straight talking. on 19:57 - Jan 29 with 1071 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 19:50 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

Here's my 4th post look.

Seek help. If not for your sake, for the rest of us.

Yes i see, funny for someone who didn't want to get into a debate, anyone would think that wasn't the real reason at all.

Quim.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 20:18 - Jan 29 with 1052 viewsGeoffThom

Time for some straight talking. on 19:32 - Jan 29 by Parlay

How do you know what bothered me? What are you even going on about? Leave that silly tittle tattle behind because you are no good at it and it is doing you no favours.

Of course they are in it for the money you pleb. What are they in it for then? Great texan love of Swansea?

Yeah I'm completely jealous thats it. Go and rub one out over your glossy pic of leigh Dineen.

I couldn't give a flying frazzle how much they get, they can get a billion for all i care. Not interested.

What i am interested in is the club going to the right owners and not people that took $200m out of their last club.

You couldnt be more naive if you tried.

The only naive person her is you to believe this club will remain in local hands and that the local owners should just Bob along for the rest of their days
All buissnessmen are in it for some profit other wise they wouldn't be in it would they ?
Defoe got the small man syndrome I see with the dineen comment what he rip you off at some point as he seems the focus of your unwarranted vitriol
And yep you care you care so much to keep banging the drum about how much they'll get it's pitiful
And we're are these so called right owners you keep harping about then I don't see or hear of any do you ?
You say your the great debater I think not stick to school debates your probably better at those
Now piss off your boring me now !,
Time for some straight talking. on 20:28 - Jan 29 with 1034 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 20:18 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

The only naive person her is you to believe this club will remain in local hands and that the local owners should just Bob along for the rest of their days
All buissnessmen are in it for some profit other wise they wouldn't be in it would they ?
Defoe got the small man syndrome I see with the dineen comment what he rip you off at some point as he seems the focus of your unwarranted vitriol
And yep you care you care so much to keep banging the drum about how much they'll get it's pitiful
And we're are these so called right owners you keep harping about then I don't see or hear of any do you ?
You say your the great debater I think not stick to school debates your probably better at those
Now piss off your boring me now !,

Im not naive at all young man. I know it is not going to stay in local hands. Local isn't a requirement though is it, a good track record is and a solid business plan... Not a man who took $200m TV money from his last club and works with loans.

Profit is fine. A sustainable long terms profit is excellent, however again you either have no idea who Moores is and how he conducts his business or you have realised and badgering the point because you cant face admitting you are wrong. Moores doesn't work sustainably. We will be in massive debt pretty quickly, and yes he will profit... Who will give him that profit? Yes our bank account.

Where have i mentioned how much they will get let alone banging a drum? I couldnt care less how much they get, why should that interest me in the slightest? Oh thats right, it doesnt.

I have no idea where the good owners are. They will come in good time, if they are not there then we shouldnt sell. Simple.

I aint going anywhere sonny.

Now off you pop with your Brian Katzen mug.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 20:46 - Jan 29 with 1023 viewsbermudajack

Time for some straight talking. on 19:57 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Yes i see, funny for someone who didn't want to get into a debate, anyone would think that wasn't the real reason at all.

Quim.

I find it intriguing that a change of direction is now resorting some on here are labelling the very fans that helped build this club from a small, poor run down club some 12 years ago into a multi million £ prominent PL club as sell outs, selfish, greedy money grabbing so & so's...😳

This has now extended so that even PS is getting stick (why) and anyone who tolerates this move.
I have concerns about the backgrounds of the investors and loans from them too, but I also have some questions for some of you..

most of us understand how cautious HJ is...
Do you think HJ would ever purposely allow the club to be put at risk?
Do you think that we can continue to secure PL status, expand the stadium, finish our training complex to secure Cat 1 status, purchase the stadium, commercially market the club globally, complete with other billionaire owned clubs, without any loans or investment somewhere along the line?

I am a simple kind of guy with very simple values, I respect people that have shown to prove themselves over a period of time, they get my respect and my trust.

I have no reason whatsoever to distrust HJ on this one

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Time for some straight talking. on 21:05 - Jan 29 with 1011 viewsApeShit

Time for some straight talking. on 19:25 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

He certainly ripped off the fans
Time for some straight talking. on 21:13 - Jan 29 with 991 viewsAngelRangelQS

I can't believe that any of our fans would be happy with us funding anything via a series of loans from a man we know nothing about.
Time for some straight talking. on 21:51 - Jan 29 with 958 viewsGroo

Time for some straight talking. on 21:05 - Jan 29 by ApeShit

He certainly ripped off the fans

Just read up on Moores and surprised to read that he didn't take the $200 TV money as stated here.

Some people here are making it sound like he paid himself $200 million out of the TV kitty then sold the club!

Firstly, he sold the club due to a divorce, his ownership was shared with his ex.

He had agreed to sell for $540 million to a group of investors over a period of a number of years, when the final years payment was due which would have made the new guys 100% owners they had to pass a vote by other team owners to say they were fit, they failed to get the vote (due some say to one of the main investors being an agent).

A new TV deal was then announced, for $1.2 billion over 20 years, the first payment was $200 million.

Moores then found another buyer for $800 million.

800-540 = 260, so people assume he wanted an additional $200 million plus due to the TV money.

So he didn't force these people to pay him the extra, they must have thought it worth it.

Subsequently the new guys, who passed the owners votes, are having financial problems, hence the fans blaming Moores.

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024