Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it really just two seasons ago? 18:06 - Jan 29 with 1096 viewssomersetsimon

Just watched the bonus DVD that came with Jack to a King which features the League Cup run. The team that played in the first game against Barnsley included Dobbie, Gower, Agustein and Moore. It seems such a long time ago that they played for us.

The other thing that struck me was how we rode our luck in the first leg of the semi-final at Chelsea. That could easily have been another 5-0 hammering!
Was it really just two seasons ago? on 18:27 - Jan 29 with 1051 viewsJethroJack

Indeed....Branislav Ivanovic, take a bow....or two.
What are the chances, eh...of 2 brainfarts in one game...and hardly put a foot wrong since.

We were eager to take full advantage, though...fair play to us.
Was it really just two seasons ago? on 18:57 - Jan 29 with 1002 viewsSgorioFruit

Was it really just two seasons ago? on 18:27 - Jan 29 by JethroJack

What are the chances, eh...of 2 brainfarts in one game...and hardly put a foot wrong since.

Indeed.
Rode our luck for some of it.
But what an amazing story, nice piece of silverware in the cabinet, and entered into europe.

It really has been a dream come true.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Was it really just two seasons ago? on 18:59 - Jan 29 with 995 viewsPapaLazarou

Was it really just two seasons ago? on 18:27 - Jan 29 by JethroJack

It's amazing the mistakes that players will make when they're put under pressure by an effective pressing system.

Monk could do worse than to watch back some of these videos...
Was it really just two seasons ago? on 22:58 - Jan 29 with 856 viewsScoobyWho

Thread starts off with a negative, typical Swansea, we won a cup ffs.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Was it really just two seasons ago? on 23:05 - Jan 29 with 841 viewsSwansNZ

Was it really just two seasons ago? on 22:58 - Jan 29 by ScoobyWho

Thread starts off with a negative, typical Swansea, we won a cup ffs.

BUT, we were lucky to beat Crawley.

Rode our luck? maybe a little bit, but we defended well and it was really the perfect away 1st leg performance - I recall they had plenty of possession but were mostly limited to shots from outside the box. With the 2nd leg, I can only remember Ba having 1 chance early, the rest, I don’t think we were under too much pressure — were we?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Was it really just two seasons ago? on 02:58 - Jan 30 with 750 viewsJBT95

To win a cup though a team will have luck/breaks, get the rub of the green etc. 91 other teams lost in that competition.
Was it really just two seasons ago? on 05:42 - Jan 30 with 730 viewsicecoldjack

The thing that sticks out is how we were tactically switched on and cut our cloth accordingly to suit the opposition, this is where Laudrup seemed to have an edge that many never gave him credit for, the club was cruising on and off the field back then, something happened from that cup win to the summer months that soured everything.

No matter what anyone says, Laudrup and his Spanish players give us the most special time in our History, and did it in our centenary year. Ive never seen us play football any better than some of the stuff played that season, it was almost perfect at times.

First game QPR away, where we have never done well, fookin' smashed them off the park and Michu arrived in style!

Beating and nulifying Chelsea over 2 legs has always IMO been played down a bit ,but it was a massive tactical achievement, especially the second leg where the team,manager and crowd were in perfect harmony.

It was just 2 seasons ago but im sorry to say, it seems like another lifetime the way the personell and football has changed .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024