Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Tax Refund 19:11 - Jan 29 with 837 viewsBLAZE

As I understand it car tax refunds are now done automatically so you don't need to apply for it....

But is the refund for the full remaining months from the date of sale, or for the full remaining months from the date it's processed by the DVLA?

Reason is the car's being part exchanged tomorrow, so if the refund applies from tomorrows date I'll be entitled to 9 months tax back.... whereas as if it's from the date it's picked up and processed by the DVLA, then it's going to run into next month by which time I'll only have 8 full months to go

Any ideas?
Car Tax Refund on 19:12 - Jan 29 with 831 viewsexiledclaseboy

Full remaining months from date of receipt at you-know-where.

Edit - I think anyway, I'm a bit out of the loop on that stuff these days. They used to check the post mark for date of posting but not sure if they do that now.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 19:15]

Poll: Tory leader

Car Tax Refund on 19:18 - Jan 29 with 811 viewsBLAZE

Hope they do, that's worth 15 quid to me

Thanks
Car Tax Refund on 20:27 - Jan 29 with 760 viewsnantywatcher

I've done a couple.
Just get proof of postage tomorrow and you will get the refund dated from tomorrow.
Car Tax Refund on 20:39 - Jan 29 with 753 viewsBLAZE

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim here, but is it me or the dealership I'm part x'ing with who sends the logbook off then?
Car Tax Refund on 22:54 - Jan 29 with 692 viewsnantywatcher

Don't rely on their word, make sure you get your section of the V5 and do it yourself or walk with the guy to the post box!
Car Tax Refund on 23:35 - Jan 29 with 674 viewsBLAZE

Ok will do. Thank you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024