Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timing of the Takeover 16:08 - Jan 30 with 1024 viewsNookiejack

The longer the season goes on - I would think Yank's will delay (have extended negotiations etc) until we are safe at 40pts - or say have 37pts with 6 or 7 games to go. (Even then might be reluctant to commit £30m for 30% with an option for another £30m = additional 30% share stake - until we are officially safe). So assume Board are really hoping we win at Southampton on Sunday - more than usual.
Timing of the Takeover on 19:21 - Jan 30 with 928 viewsjack247

I can't see them thinking we are in relegation danger.
Timing of the Takeover on 19:24 - Jan 30 with 923 viewsdgt73

Another nonsense thread has started i see.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Timing of the Takeover on 19:48 - Jan 30 with 894 viewslibertine

is it nonsense though,

put yourself in their place what would you do?

I realise its only 10 points but they must realise things aren't going to well recently

Blackpool had more than we do right now and they went down, I think???

I do realise it was a different year etc etc but if I was going to invest 30M id wait a month or so. You'd be stupid not to
http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/blackpool-fc/2011/3/

If we don't get a striker but putting too much pressure on ourselves, Its not a good idea to put all our eggs in Gomises basket he could be a tw@ who has a sulk on, he'll get a job next season by blaming it on us.

play safe and buy a striker is the only option. Why did we leave Bony go because he wanted to so does Gomis,
Timing of the Takeover on 20:08 - Jan 30 with 859 viewsmorningstar

Timing of the Takeover on 19:48 - Jan 30 by libertine

is it nonsense though,

put yourself in their place what would you do?

I realise its only 10 points but they must realise things aren't going to well recently

Blackpool had more than we do right now and they went down, I think???

I do realise it was a different year etc etc but if I was going to invest 30M id wait a month or so. You'd be stupid not to
http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/blackpool-fc/2011/3/

If we don't get a striker but putting too much pressure on ourselves, Its not a good idea to put all our eggs in Gomises basket he could be a tw@ who has a sulk on, he'll get a job next season by blaming it on us.

play safe and buy a striker is the only option. Why did we leave Bony go because he wanted to so does Gomis,

just as a point of fact, your wrong about Blackpool, and it is a fact that not one team has been relegated from the premier league after gaining 30 points from 22 games.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Timing of the Takeover on 20:19 - Jan 30 with 831 viewslibertine

I am happy to be wrong
Timing of the Takeover on 20:26 - Jan 30 with 822 viewsLeonisGod

Timing of the Takeover on 20:08 - Jan 30 by morningstar

just as a point of fact, your wrong about Blackpool, and it is a fact that not one team has been relegated from the premier league after gaining 30 points from 22 games.

There's been a lot of talk about this, so I've just done a points count for their fixtures that year. Blackpool had 28 points by 12th Jan, and were still on 28 pts by 30th Jan. So only 2 points behind where we are at the same point of the season..... closer than I had realised.

They did go on a horrible run though, losing 7 from 8 from the 1st Jan to end Feb. We've had 2 draws and a loss to a very good Chelsea side in Jan. They had a honeymoon and then crashed horribly. We've been more stable and only really wobbled because of misses in our midfield. We always knew Jan was going to be difficult. Get through this, regroup, get some key players back (Ki, Monterro) and we're ina stronger place than Blackpool were. I can't see us bombing in the same way. It's possible of course, but less likely.
Timing of the Takeover on 20:42 - Jan 30 with 795 viewsAnotherJohn

Timing of the Takeover on 20:26 - Jan 30 by LeonisGod

There's been a lot of talk about this, so I've just done a points count for their fixtures that year. Blackpool had 28 points by 12th Jan, and were still on 28 pts by 30th Jan. So only 2 points behind where we are at the same point of the season..... closer than I had realised.

They did go on a horrible run though, losing 7 from 8 from the 1st Jan to end Feb. We've had 2 draws and a loss to a very good Chelsea side in Jan. They had a honeymoon and then crashed horribly. We've been more stable and only really wobbled because of misses in our midfield. We always knew Jan was going to be difficult. Get through this, regroup, get some key players back (Ki, Monterro) and we're ina stronger place than Blackpool were. I can't see us bombing in the same way. It's possible of course, but less likely.

Sobering information. I see that Blackpool finished on 39 points and even an extra point would not have saved them, as their goal difference would still have put them down. The morale of the story is that we can't relax yet.
Timing of the Takeover on 20:49 - Jan 30 with 771 viewsdgt73

Timing of the Takeover on 20:42 - Jan 30 by AnotherJohn

Sobering information. I see that Blackpool finished on 39 points and even an extra point would not have saved them, as their goal difference would still have put them down. The morale of the story is that we can't relax yet.

Blackpool had a shite squad that season and their early success was down to pure adrenaline. Swansea have a much better squad and will not be relegated and you can bookmark what i said.

Login to get fewer ads

Timing of the Takeover on 20:52 - Jan 30 with 765 viewsshandyjack

Timing of the Takeover on 20:49 - Jan 30 by dgt73

Blackpool had a shite squad that season and their early success was down to pure adrenaline. Swansea have a much better squad and will not be relegated and you can bookmark what i said.

i find it incredible that any of our fans think that relegation is a possibility this season, there are at least 6 teams worse than us in this league

Leicester, Qpr,Burnley,Villa,Sunderland and Hull will all finish below us guaranteed

Poll: Expectation for the season

Timing of the Takeover on 20:55 - Jan 30 with 758 viewsdgt73

Timing of the Takeover on 20:52 - Jan 30 by shandyjack

i find it incredible that any of our fans think that relegation is a possibility this season, there are at least 6 teams worse than us in this league

Leicester, Qpr,Burnley,Villa,Sunderland and Hull will all finish below us guaranteed

Around the 48 point mark.

Timing of the Takeover on 21:02 - Jan 30 with 737 viewsAJ101

From the points that the bottom 8 have got it would take a massively strange set of results to see a team needing more than 37 points to survive this season.

You may look at that Blackpool season and have a gut wrenching feeling that it could happen to you but the bottom 8 that season had 19 points more that season than this after 28 games so roughly 2.5 points each and Blackpool were only 6 points from 18th whereas your 10 plus Blackpool didn't have any experience in the PL.
Timing of the Takeover on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 719 viewsNookiejack

Bookies (from Oddschecker.com) are offering 125/1 on our relegation - so less than 1% chance of relegation. However given quantum of sum involved £30m to £60m - if you are in Yank's shoes don't you wait - until we at least get to 37pts. Southampton is going to be very tough, Sunderland winnable but we are low on confidence, West Brom away will be tough under Pulis then Man U at home. So may not pick up a lot of points until March? I don't think we will be relegated but takeover maybe doesn't happen until at least April/May.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024