Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has there been articles or comments on tactics? 17:06 - Jan 30 with 448 viewsDanielswan

I have been trying to find recent articles or comments by Monk on our recent tactical shift from passing to a more "unknown approach" ... might be direct style.

I cant however seem to find anything, anyone knows?

I merely wish to know wether the current tactical approach is deliberate or something the players seem to be doing on their own due to lack of perhaps confidence.

I was watching Swansea vs Blackburn again and Monk did not look pleased, understandably. Made me think about wether the players simply disobey the tactical orders on the pitch as they get frustrated and/or stressed.

Anyway .... going to try and find something to read on the issue again ...

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Has there been articles or comments on tactics? on 18:47 - Jan 30 with 401 viewsVetchitBack

There's definitely been orders to "keep shape" without the ball at times which for me doesn't play to our strengths as we aren't equipped to deal with the inevitable crosses. I preferred us under Rodgers without the ball.

But what do I know Garry's points tally is superior at this stage in the season to the preceding managers?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Has there been articles or comments on tactics? on 21:04 - Jan 30 with 369 viewsDanielswan

Well, something has changed, still trying to find articles about it ... but no luck.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Has there been articles or comments on tactics? on 21:13 - Jan 30 with 358 viewsPozuelosSideys

For me, the players seem to have been told to take no chances with the ball defensively (well it seems like that) and get rid of it under pressure. That inevitably leads to the ball coming straight back..

As mentioned above, Monk is big on shape, so we sit and play defensively when the ball is coming back quickly. It just becomes cyclical.

It shows even more without Britton and Ki in the side. We just dont play our way out anymore, and certainly dont pressure the ball.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Has there been articles or comments on tactics? on 23:33 - Jan 30 with 320 viewsBloodyhills

Has there been articles or comments on tactics? on 21:13 - Jan 30 by PozuelosSideys

For me, the players seem to have been told to take no chances with the ball defensively (well it seems like that) and get rid of it under pressure. That inevitably leads to the ball coming straight back..

As mentioned above, Monk is big on shape, so we sit and play defensively when the ball is coming back quickly. It just becomes cyclical.

It shows even more without Britton and Ki in the side. We just dont play our way out anymore, and certainly dont pressure the ball.

I think that this has been happening and I feel it weakens us as a team.
We need to get back to passing and pressing game. Seems little point in keeping our defensive shape if it allows the opponents all the time in the world to pass it through our statues and get it into the back of our net.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024