Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any laptop techs in der house? 17:14 - Jan 30 with 818 viewsmax936

Got an issue with my new Toshiba Satellite L50t laptop.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 17:15]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:32 - Jan 30 with 796 viewsdickythorpe

New you say?

Still under guarantee i would think.

Got the receipt?
Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:43 - Jan 30 with 782 viewsphact0rri

Sign on my office says "IT" so I might be able to assist. If you want to tell us what seems to be the problem I can probably advise. If you feel more comfortable I can also take PMs.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:44 - Jan 30 with 782 viewsmax936

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:32 - Jan 30 by dickythorpe

New you say?

Still under guarantee i would think.

Got the receipt?

Yep, bought it in Argos though so they wouldn't be able to sort it in shop, think its/was a software problem, it wouldn't connect to internet, but I've used system restore now to a earlier date and its now working, but problem could arise again in a day or two.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 17:45]

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:46 - Jan 30 with 777 viewsmax936

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:43 - Jan 30 by phact0rri

Sign on my office says "IT" so I might be able to assist. If you want to tell us what seems to be the problem I can probably advise. If you feel more comfortable I can also take PMs.

Cheers, see above post

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:48 - Jan 30 with 771 viewsphact0rri

If you did a roll back and it sorted you. Then it was a setting that was changed in your network settings. Did you install anything between the date you rolled back to and the problem arising?

Any laptop techs in der house? on 18:00 - Jan 30 with 759 viewsmax936

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:48 - Jan 30 by phact0rri

If you did a roll back and it sorted you. Then it was a setting that was changed in your network settings. Did you install anything between the date you rolled back to and the problem arising?

No, but it did an update last night when I clicked to turn it off, similar thing happened a few weeks back and that caused loads of issues, I again managed to sort that by going back in time so to speak, those issues haven't appeared since, "touches wood"
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 18:01]

Any laptop techs in der house? on 18:31 - Jan 30 with 728 viewsllangyfelach

Stupid question mate - it isn't a function key issue is it? I thought my works laptop was shagged from new, but didn't realise that one of the function keys toggled the wifi off and on

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Any laptop techs in der house? on 18:56 - Jan 30 with 711 viewsmax936

Any laptop techs in der house? on 18:31 - Jan 30 by llangyfelach

Stupid question mate - it isn't a function key issue is it? I thought my works laptop was shagged from new, but didn't realise that one of the function keys toggled the wifi off and on

Notsure is the honest answer knowing me its possible, probable even, but my lad is pretty clever on the techie stuff and he couldn't solve it, notsure if he would have noticed that though, I'll ask him when he comes back from the gym, but I've managed to get it working now, by using system restore.

Cheers.

Login to get fewer ads

Any laptop techs in der house? on 19:34 - Jan 30 with 688 viewsjack_lord

Have you got any more info on it not connecting to the internet. Did you try sticking a network cable on it and in to the router etc;?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Any laptop techs in der house? on 20:02 - Jan 30 with 672 viewsphact0rri

Any laptop techs in der house? on 18:00 - Jan 30 by max936

No, but it did an update last night when I clicked to turn it off, similar thing happened a few weeks back and that caused loads of issues, I again managed to sort that by going back in time so to speak, those issues haven't appeared since, "touches wood"
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 18:01]

oooh an update. Sounds very familar, windows 7 then mate? We had that plague hit the office a few months back. I thought that MS would have sorted that by now. My suggestion is to turn off Automatic updates and select download and let me choose which to install. and only patch the mandatory for a bit.

When that happened I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what had killed about 30% of the office machines and the other 70% were right as rain.

Any laptop techs in der house? on 20:03 - Jan 30 with 670 viewsmax936

Any laptop techs in der house? on 19:34 - Jan 30 by jack_lord

Have you got any more info on it not connecting to the internet. Did you try sticking a network cable on it and in to the router etc;?

Its working now JL, but it works on Wifi and no I didn't try a lead, think it was a software problem, probably caused by an automatic upgrade that happened on shut down last night.

Any laptop techs in der house? on 21:21 - Jan 30 with 640 viewsjack_lord

Any laptop techs in der house? on 20:03 - Jan 30 by max936

Its working now JL, but it works on Wifi and no I didn't try a lead, think it was a software problem, probably caused by an automatic upgrade that happened on shut down last night.

There have been a number of problems with windows 8 and wifi but if is working now then no worries.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Any laptop techs in der house? on 22:06 - Jan 30 with 623 viewsskippyjack

F*cking noob

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Any laptop techs in der house? on 22:08 - Jan 30 with 615 viewsmax936

Any laptop techs in der house? on 20:02 - Jan 30 by phact0rri

oooh an update. Sounds very familar, windows 7 then mate? We had that plague hit the office a few months back. I thought that MS would have sorted that by now. My suggestion is to turn off Automatic updates and select download and let me choose which to install. and only patch the mandatory for a bit.

When that happened I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what had killed about 30% of the office machines and the other 70% were right as rain.

Windows 8+ and its driving me mad, seems to do things without instruction
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 22:09]

Any laptop techs in der house? on 23:14 - Jan 30 with 578 viewsphact0rri

Any laptop techs in der house? on 22:08 - Jan 30 by max936

Windows 8+ and its driving me mad, seems to do things without instruction
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 22:09]

I am lucky as all the machine's go through me at work (the responsibility without the wage packet to match) and I won't sign off on windows 8. We do have a server that is 2013 so its windows 8 pretty much with data aquisition extras and I do my best not to mess with it. I actually made a mini linux server so I can mostly just go through that.

Any laptop techs in der house? on 00:35 - Jan 31 with 563 viewsJackanapes

Any laptop techs in der house? on 17:43 - Jan 30 by phact0rri

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Any laptop techs in der house? on 03:48 - Jan 31 with 537 viewsphact0rri

Any laptop techs in der house? on 00:35 - Jan 31 by Jackanapes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024