Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Revised city centre development framework 17:44 - Jan 30 with 6024 viewssketty_jack

For those that haven't seen it, the revised City centre development framework has recently been made available here:

http://www.swanseacitycentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/SCC-SFR-Cabinet-fina

Let's hope it comes to something this time.
Revised city centre development framework on 19:40 - Jan 30 with 5944 viewsjack_lord

scrap any idea for an aquarium. We would all visit once and maybe again in a few years, a bit like plantasia. An ice rink or white water rapids would bring repeat visits. We could have had an ice rink at the start of the eighties and missed out on that one.
I know we are a maritime city but maybe if any aquarium were to be built it should be nearer to the proposed tidal lagoon.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Revised city centre development framework on 20:06 - Jan 30 with 5917 viewsLeonisGod

Revised city centre development framework on 19:40 - Jan 30 by jack_lord

scrap any idea for an aquarium. We would all visit once and maybe again in a few years, a bit like plantasia. An ice rink or white water rapids would bring repeat visits. We could have had an ice rink at the start of the eighties and missed out on that one.
I know we are a maritime city but maybe if any aquarium were to be built it should be nearer to the proposed tidal lagoon.

I disagree. It depends how it's done - there's plenty of ways that it could be more than just an aquarium and provide a whole range of other activities/services. It would need to be too, as it could become a white elephant. But if done well, it could be a great thing for the city/country. There would also be more opportunities to obtain funds for a research/visitor attraction/training facility to than for an ice rink. I like the idea of an ice rink though - maybe room for both in the city.
Revised city centre development framework on 20:49 - Jan 30 with 5879 viewsjack_lord

Revised city centre development framework on 20:06 - Jan 30 by LeonisGod

I disagree. It depends how it's done - there's plenty of ways that it could be more than just an aquarium and provide a whole range of other activities/services. It would need to be too, as it could become a white elephant. But if done well, it could be a great thing for the city/country. There would also be more opportunities to obtain funds for a research/visitor attraction/training facility to than for an ice rink. I like the idea of an ice rink though - maybe room for both in the city.

I do agree that there is room for both. The tidal lagoon will attract visitors and an aquarium would complement the development. If is is built in the wrong position in the city centre then it will become a "white elephant".
An ice rink would attract all ages and although Cardiff has an excellent hockey team there is no reason why there could be another one here.

Revised city centre development framework on 21:29 - Jan 30 with 5836 viewsperchrockjack

Swanseav cardiff ice hockey. Fights would be epic

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Revised city centre development framework on 22:03 - Jan 30 with 5786 viewsNogginthenog

can we have a velodrome please.
Revised city centre development framework on 22:51 - Jan 30 with 5740 viewsSwanzay

It seems to be written in some council bible somewhere that only they know that if you are a seaside town you have to have some sort of aquarium, from Blackpool to Rhyl to Weston S Mare, they are all shite and so 80s in thought.
I thought the council were trying to be future thinking, I can only see this ending in another cluster fu ck of cheap options and big paydays.
Parc Tawe revisited....
Revised city centre development framework on 22:55 - Jan 30 with 5732 viewsdickythorpe

Snow dome in Gower *source Jackfath
Revised city centre development framework on 22:56 - Jan 30 with 5730 viewsjack_lord

Revised city centre development framework on 22:51 - Jan 30 by Swanzay

It seems to be written in some council bible somewhere that only they know that if you are a seaside town you have to have some sort of aquarium, from Blackpool to Rhyl to Weston S Mare, they are all shite and so 80s in thought.
I thought the council were trying to be future thinking, I can only see this ending in another cluster fu ck of cheap options and big paydays.
Parc Tawe revisited....

kind of my thoughts, but if it is going to be done then stick in the lagoon development as people have another reason for the visit.

Login to get fewer ads

Revised city centre development framework on 23:00 - Jan 30 with 5723 viewsSwanzay

Revised city centre development framework on 22:56 - Jan 30 by jack_lord

kind of my thoughts, but if it is going to be done then stick in the lagoon development as people have another reason for the visit.

Im not sold on this tidal lagoon, another cluster feck of brown envelopes atm in my eyes, that cant be reversed, nature is best, when its, um natural....
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:05]
Revised city centre development framework on 23:14 - Jan 30 with 5703 viewsjack_lord

Revised city centre development framework on 23:00 - Jan 30 by Swanzay

Im not sold on this tidal lagoon, another cluster feck of brown envelopes atm in my eyes, that cant be reversed, nature is best, when its, um natural....
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:05]

brown envelopes may be involved but energy costs and if renewables saves us from the pesky ruskis then it is a price worth paying.

Revised city centre development framework on 23:42 - Jan 30 with 5683 viewsperchrockjack

Just do something innit.

Just tragic we missed out on cap of culture

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Revised city centre development framework on 00:04 - Jan 31 with 5673 viewsBanosswan

Revised city centre development framework on 22:51 - Jan 30 by Swanzay

Parc Tawe revisited....

I agree to an extent, but they were pretty shit aquariums. If we were to have a proper, interesting, research led aquarium, then hopefully it would be great.

Plus I agree with the statement that 'we' (locals) would only visit once every few years, but that's the same with the waterfront museum. We need these things to attract visitors and to get them to stay for a few days.

Ice rink would be awesome too.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Revised city centre development framework on 00:30 - Jan 31 with 5655 viewsSwanzay

Revised city centre development framework on 00:04 - Jan 31 by Banosswan

I agree to an extent, but they were pretty shit aquariums. If we were to have a proper, interesting, research led aquarium, then hopefully it would be great.

Plus I agree with the statement that 'we' (locals) would only visit once every few years, but that's the same with the waterfront museum. We need these things to attract visitors and to get them to stay for a few days.

Ice rink would be awesome too.

The water front museum is a fine example of a shocking shower of shite, im not a local anymore, but that place is truly awful, no interaction, not very kid friendly, no real change since the day it way built. The only thing that does really change there is the boats for sale outside.....
If anyone ever ask me about visiting Swansea, that is one place that never gets a mention.
A huge white elephant if ever there was one
Swansea council have a history of shite, in it for themselves, as most will vote without thinking sadly, no wonder we are years behind cardiff development wise, as much as I hate to say it.
Revised city centre development framework on 00:39 - Jan 31 with 5648 viewsDyfnant

Aquarium ffs, dogshit.
Think big,

and add this to LC2, charge extra £5 per go

[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 0:44]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Revised city centre development framework on 00:41 - Jan 31 with 5644 viewsDyfnant

Revised city centre development framework on 00:30 - Jan 31 by Swanzay

The water front museum is a fine example of a shocking shower of shite, im not a local anymore, but that place is truly awful, no interaction, not very kid friendly, no real change since the day it way built. The only thing that does really change there is the boats for sale outside.....
If anyone ever ask me about visiting Swansea, that is one place that never gets a mention.
A huge white elephant if ever there was one
Swansea council have a history of shite, in it for themselves, as most will vote without thinking sadly, no wonder we are years behind cardiff development wise, as much as I hate to say it.

Yup we're gonna get the usual crap ideas that every crap town in the UK has already tried

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Revised city centre development framework on 01:05 - Jan 31 with 5629 viewsSwanzay

Revised city centre development framework on 00:41 - Jan 31 by Dyfnant

Yup we're gonna get the usual crap ideas that every crap town in the UK has already tried

Swansea city council are a farce, yet people will continually vote them in.

An aquarium is not the way forward
The waterfront museum needs major investment and modernising
Huge caution on this tidal lagoon (it cant be reversed)
Parc Tawe need demolition
Quadrant and kingsway, castle square need bulldozing
The bloody bendy bus was never a way forward and is a joke
The 1 way system was/is not fit for purpose, yet they insist it it the right idea....

Some of the above are in these plans, but considering Swansea council history, the cheap option is obviously the biggest card on the table, especially during the current economic climate, so where does this money come from, more Euro classed 1 funding? Sums up how neglected Swansea has become, due to nothing real done over the years and Councillors just taking big pay cheques!

We are light years behind others citys in thought and have been since the 60s and its a disgrace!

A petition for the plantasia just goes to show how far behind we are, no one visits it yet there is a petition to save it, sums up the Swansea mentality.

It needs to change, if the city is ever going to modernise!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 1:06]
Revised city centre development framework on 08:32 - Jan 31 with 5538 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Revised city centre development framework on 01:05 - Jan 31 by Swanzay

Swansea city council are a farce, yet people will continually vote them in.

An aquarium is not the way forward
The waterfront museum needs major investment and modernising
Huge caution on this tidal lagoon (it cant be reversed)
Parc Tawe need demolition
Quadrant and kingsway, castle square need bulldozing
The bloody bendy bus was never a way forward and is a joke
The 1 way system was/is not fit for purpose, yet they insist it it the right idea....

Some of the above are in these plans, but considering Swansea council history, the cheap option is obviously the biggest card on the table, especially during the current economic climate, so where does this money come from, more Euro classed 1 funding? Sums up how neglected Swansea has become, due to nothing real done over the years and Councillors just taking big pay cheques!

We are light years behind others citys in thought and have been since the 60s and its a disgrace!

A petition for the plantasia just goes to show how far behind we are, no one visits it yet there is a petition to save it, sums up the Swansea mentality.

It needs to change, if the city is ever going to modernise!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 1:06]

Plantasia is a sound principle but to get the visitors in it definitely needs what I've been advocating for years now - wild monkeys roaming inside. All visitors can have Kevlar gloves and armlets for safety but the worst a chimpanzee is going to do is make you a cup of tea dressed as a removals man. Unless it's a Bonobo. Then you're f*cked

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Revised city centre development framework on 10:37 - Jan 31 with 5484 viewsNogginthenog

Revised city centre development framework on 08:32 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Plantasia is a sound principle but to get the visitors in it definitely needs what I've been advocating for years now - wild monkeys roaming inside. All visitors can have Kevlar gloves and armlets for safety but the worst a chimpanzee is going to do is make you a cup of tea dressed as a removals man. Unless it's a Bonobo. Then you're f*cked

You could also have paintball snipers in there. You pay to become the sniper for a day and get points for the number of hits per visitor.
Revised city centre development framework on 10:38 - Jan 31 with 5483 viewsDr_Winston

An aquarium run in partnership with a strong Marine Biology department at Swansea Uni could be a World class facility.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Revised city centre development framework on 12:16 - Jan 31 with 5442 viewsJackofdreambeach

Revised city centre development framework on 08:32 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

As Mal Pope so rightly put it todays SWEP quoting Bible Proverbs 29:18 'those without vision will perish.'

Aquarium,indoor ice rink,dedicated (a la Colston Hall Bristol) concert venue. Let's face it Swansea should have all these in a 21st Century city centre. Thye Civic Centre should have immense pulling power for a mixed use scheme that could prove a focal point for tourism and job creation.

Let's start with the St Davids's - Quadrant regeneration , that will give the city heart a new vibrant feel with the right retailers/restaurants/cafes on board.

It's about getting jobs, people living, people visiting and staying and investment in the city centre.It's about connecting city to the marina and seafront. A trump card for Swansea.

Other towns and cities have DONE it.They've achieved great regeneration.

Our Council regeneration chiefs have TALKED about it and got very little done (scandalous ...the three guys in regeneration management...you know who you are ! )
Current council leader looks to be moving things at pace in a positive manner though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024