Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Mods 20:55 - Jan 30 with 1031 viewsshandyjack

Can we place all threads relating to this investment/takeover nonsense into one simple thread please, getting annyoing having 6 page threads everywhere relating to the same s***

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Expectation for the season

FAO Mods on 21:01 - Jan 30 with 1018 views1jack

I hope you've just worded that wrong, the future of our club is not nonsense.
FAO Mods on 21:11 - Jan 30 with 1006 viewspencoedjack

FAO Mods on 21:01 - Jan 30 by 1jack

Well I agree with Shandy the same old repeated crap everyday ... Should be condensed into 1 thread.
FAO Mods on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 992 viewsBobJack

MODS ?

I thought it was mod.

Who are the others ?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

FAO Mods on 21:20 - Jan 30 with 980 viewsshandyjack

FAO Mods on 21:01 - Jan 30 by 1jack

sorry, what i meant was that every day there is a 5/6 pager started full of people who
1. don't know what they are talking about
2. pretend they know what they are talking about

Truth is no one here truly knows what they are talking about because nobody knows the inside dealings and discussions going on at BOARD level. We get the odd snippet leaked out in the press and the odd name mentioned but thats it.

Of course the future of the club is not nonsense but either way it is out of our controls and we should trust the people in control to do what they have done for past years and deal with the best interests of the club at the forefront

FAO Mods on 21:25 - Jan 30 with 966 viewsperchrockjack

I'm tempted to comment as great post..

Not alone then.

La vie en rose

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

FAO Mods on 21:31 - Jan 30 with 961 views1jack

FAO Mods on 21:20 - Jan 30 by shandyjack

sorry, what i meant was that every day there is a 5/6 pager started full of people who

Truth is no one here truly knows what they are talking about because nobody knows the inside dealings and discussions going on at BOARD level. We get the odd snippet leaked out in the press and the odd name mentioned but thats it.

Of course the future of the club is not nonsense but either way it is out of our controls and we should trust the people in control to do what they have done for past years and deal with the best interests of the club at the forefront

This one could go that way soon.

I was only joking by the way, practicing to become a troll.
FAO Mods on 22:26 - Jan 30 with 908 viewsdickythorpe

Only 1 mod now, they are the Fans network rules
FAO Mods on 08:58 - Jan 31 with 829 viewsJackanapes

Make sure you put this thread about investment threads in there too.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Mods on 09:15 - Jan 31 with 819 viewstomdickharry

Being saying the same things for ages.
FAO Mods on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 807 viewsJackanapes

FAO Mods on 09:15 - Jan 31 by tomdickharry

Being saying the same things for ages.

Its not like you to say the same things over and over again.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

FAO Mods on 10:05 - Jan 31 with 797 viewssixpenses

FAO Mods on 08:58 - Jan 31 by Jackanapes

Make sure you put this thread about investment threads in there too.

Jackanapes as I live and breath

Nice to see some of the old IDs being wheeled out to fill the gaps
FAO Mods on 10:11 - Jan 31 with 788 viewssixpenses

FAO Mods on 21:20 - Jan 30 by shandyjack

Dear Mod

Please file posts such as this under a single

Sweeping false generalisations and breathtaking naivity thread

Thanks in advance
FAO Mods on 10:34 - Jan 31 with 777 viewsshandyjack

FAO Mods on 10:11 - Jan 31 by sixpenses

Dear Mod

Please file posts such as this under a single

Sweeping false generalisations and breathtaking naivity thread

Thanks in advance

where's the naiivity in it? i'd suggest people are being naive in thinking different

FAO Mods on 11:52 - Jan 31 with 756 viewssixpenses

FAO Mods on 10:34 - Jan 31 by shandyjack

where's the naiivity in it? i'd suggest people are being naive in thinking different

Well for a start if you are saying people don't know what they are talking about, have the courage to challenge these things that you seem to think are nonsense.

I stand by every single statement I have made there is lots of sound evidence to back it up. Many other regular serious posters on here post similar views

But I am more that happy to back up any individual point or points that you have any particular concerns over, if you are able to raise any.

The naivety comes in thinking that iin all situations people who have largely been thought to have done what is best for the club in the past will automatically continue to do so in the future when there is a major conflict of interest that could see them personally benefiting to the tune of many millions of £. In such a situation It is easy to fool even yourself about the prudence of a decision when that hangs over it as a reward for choosing one path over another.

There are many rules in business covering conflict of interest (even small conflicts - and this is a massive one) for good reason. Perhaps if your view was correct then we should just remove these rules. I think most people would consider that naive.

You may consider wanting proper controls in place to review decisions which are taken under major conflict of interests naive. I think most people will tell you it is exactly the opposite.

Think of the Turkey when it is being fattened up for Christmas, all interests seem in perfect synchronicity until Christmas week.
FAO Mods on 11:59 - Jan 31 with 751 viewsshandyjack

FAO Mods on 11:52 - Jan 31 by sixpenses

Well for a start if you are saying people don't know what they are talking about, have the courage to challenge these things that you seem to think are nonsense.

I stand by every single statement I have made there is lots of sound evidence to back it up. Many other regular serious posters on here post similar views

But I am more that happy to back up any individual point or points that you have any particular concerns over, if you are able to raise any.

The naivety comes in thinking that iin all situations people who have largely been thought to have done what is best for the club in the past will automatically continue to do so in the future when there is a major conflict of interest that could see them personally benefiting to the tune of many millions of £. In such a situation It is easy to fool even yourself about the prudence of a decision when that hangs over it as a reward for choosing one path over another.

There are many rules in business covering conflict of interest (even small conflicts - and this is a massive one) for good reason. Perhaps if your view was correct then we should just remove these rules. I think most people would consider that naive.

You may consider wanting proper controls in place to review decisions which are taken under major conflict of interests naive. I think most people will tell you it is exactly the opposite.

Think of the Turkey when it is being fattened up for Christmas, all interests seem in perfect synchronicity until Christmas week.

but every statement made is based on what people presume to know about one of the interested parties who plan to invest.
Also what people presume to know the directors are thinking in terms of selling up etc.

I didn't wish for this to turn into an investment discussion but for my part i hope the investment happens soon and i trust the board to ensure it is done in the right way. The board have not let us down yet and i trust they will continue to do whats in the best interests of the club and also themselves

FAO Mods on 12:11 - Jan 31 with 741 viewsshandyjack

FAO Mods on 11:52 - Jan 31 by sixpenses

also i should clarify what i meant by nonsense. It's not the rules and the workings that people have been discussing that's nonsense, i just meant it's all nonsense in the sense that nobody truly knows what is going on in the board room, it's all a lot of 'i spoke to son of a butcher who sells meat to a director who told me this' going on and nothing from direct sources.
Yes we are in discussions with parties but nobody knows what these discussions consist of

FAO Mods on 12:29 - Jan 31 with 733 viewssixpenses

FAO Mods on 11:59 - Jan 31 by shandyjack

but every statement made is based on what people presume to know about one of the interested parties who plan to invest.
Also what people presume to know the directors are thinking in terms of selling up etc.

I didn't wish for this to turn into an investment discussion but for my part i hope the investment happens soon and i trust the board to ensure it is done in the right way. The board have not let us down yet and i trust they will continue to do whats in the best interests of the club and also themselves

The whole point is....

What if those 2 objectives are diametrically opposed

That is the conflict of interest

I want Turkey for Christmas Dinner.
The Turkey has to be stuffed to achieve this
It is not in the interest of the Turkey to be stuffed
If it is not I do not get my Christmas dinner
Bugger it I have fed it for months and I am hungry

Will I be lauded for my animal welfare for fattening the Turkey for Christmas
Or just known as a Turkey killer

The fact that you are still calling putting £30.000,000 into the pockets of our shareholders an "investment" tells me all I need to know about your grasp on this subject. Not a penny of that goes into our club - yet those that paid it will expect to recoup it and much much more from our club.
FAO Mods on 15:23 - Jan 31 with 700 viewsshandyjack

FAO Mods on 12:29 - Jan 31 by sixpenses

The whole point is....

What if those 2 objectives are diametrically opposed

That is the conflict of interest

I want Turkey for Christmas Dinner.
The Turkey has to be stuffed to achieve this
It is not in the interest of the Turkey to be stuffed
If it is not I do not get my Christmas dinner
Bugger it I have fed it for months and I am hungry

Will I be lauded for my animal welfare for fattening the Turkey for Christmas
Or just known as a Turkey killer

The fact that you are still calling putting £30.000,000 into the pockets of our shareholders an "investment" tells me all I need to know about your grasp on this subject. Not a penny of that goes into our club - yet those that paid it will expect to recoup it and much much more from our club.

i have a grasp on the subject quite well actually, and pardon me for being excited at the thought of the club pushing onto the next level under wealthy owners who hopefully are picked because they have good intentions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024