Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current regime or American regime 22:28 - Jan 30 with 1365 viewsTNT

Current regime or American regime

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Current regime or American regime on 22:38 - Jan 30 with 1347 viewsTNT

Having lived through the Struel, Sharpe, Lewis, Petty etc. years, Huw Jenkins and his colleagues became a breath of fresh air to me.

What we've since achieved is incredible.

Our current regime has come under some serious criticism / abuse from a section of 'supporters' (I make no apology for using that word very loosely).

The Board has been criticised for remuneration for its part in our success.

American investors seem by and large unwelcome too.

If the former decide to move on, you'll only have yourselves to blame.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 22:51]

Current regime or American regime on 22:42 - Jan 30 with 1338 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not as easy as that.

You cant criticise or question the current board for their commitment and hard work over the time they have been in charge.

But peoples circumstances change or they feel they cant give 100% anymore. Such is life.

The American angle is pretty much an unknown quantity. Suprised there has only been discussions with one party too - or taht we know of. Given our position, would have guessed at being more interest.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Current regime or American regime on 22:58 - Jan 30 with 1291 viewsTNT

Current regime or American regime on 22:42 - Jan 30 by PozuelosSideys

Not as easy as that.

You cant criticise or question the current board for their commitment and hard work over the time they have been in charge.

But peoples circumstances change or they feel they cant give 100% anymore. Such is life.

The American angle is pretty much an unknown quantity. Suprised there has only been discussions with one party too - or taht we know of. Given our position, would have guessed at being more interest.

Had American investors come in '78 or '02 and taken us on the journey we've experienced / enjoyed, people would be drooling USA!

Yet, it has been achieved by our own (flawed as it may be), and we don't pay it the same recognition.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:13]

Current regime or American regime on 23:15 - Jan 30 with 1254 viewsParlay

Current regime or American regime on 22:38 - Jan 30 by TNT

Having lived through the Struel, Sharpe, Lewis, Petty etc. years, Huw Jenkins and his colleagues became a breath of fresh air to me.

What we've since achieved is incredible.

Our current regime has come under some serious criticism / abuse from a section of 'supporters' (I make no apology for using that word very loosely).

The Board has been criticised for remuneration for its part in our success.

American investors seem by and large unwelcome too.

If the former decide to move on, you'll only have yourselves to blame.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 22:51]

The board were privileged Swansea fans who clubbed together to stop the club falling into the hands of a foreign tycoon.

They have since been remunerated to the tune of 20+ times their initial investment and seen their personal businesses boom after rewarding themselves the contracts.

They are now going to put us back in that same position of putting us in the hands of a foreign tycoon in exchange of personal windfalls.

The initial good work does not excuse further bad work. We can be appreciative of the work they have done without bestowing carte blanche to jeopardise our club on them unchallenged.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Current regime or American regime on 23:25 - Jan 30 with 1246 viewsTNT

Current regime or American regime on 23:15 - Jan 30 by Parlay

The board were privileged Swansea fans who clubbed together to stop the club falling into the hands of a foreign tycoon.

They have since been remunerated to the tune of 20+ times their initial investment and seen their personal businesses boom after rewarding themselves the contracts.

They are now going to put us back in that same position of putting us in the hands of a foreign tycoon in exchange of personal windfalls.

The initial good work does not excuse further bad work. We can be appreciative of the work they have done without bestowing carte blanche to jeopardise our club on them unchallenged.

They were 'privileged'?

That's easy with hindsight.

Where were you in our hour of need?

If you are such a successful businessman in Australia, you must be well placed to outbid any American interest in your beloved Swans?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:33]

Current regime or American regime on 23:33 - Jan 30 with 1225 viewsParlay

Current regime or American regime on 23:25 - Jan 30 by TNT

They were 'privileged'?

That's easy with hindsight.

Where were you in our hour of need?

If you are such a successful businessman in Australia, you must be well placed to outbid any American interest in your beloved Swans?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:33]

Absolutely, there is not many people who have 50k to stick in a business. Thats not hindsight thats just fact,

I was in college I believe.

Are you suggesting I have more than £100m?

This has all the hallmarks of becoming a ridiculous thread, can anyone else feel it?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:36]

Forum celebrity

Current regime or American regime on 23:46 - Jan 30 with 1202 viewsTNT

Current regime or American regime on 23:33 - Jan 30 by Parlay

Absolutely, there is not many people who have 50k to stick in a business. Thats not hindsight thats just fact,

I was in college I believe.

Are you suggesting I have more than £100m?

This has all the hallmarks of becoming a ridiculous thread, can anyone else feel it?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:36]

PARLAY HAS BEEN STOPPED IN HIS TRACKS!

HE DOES NOT WISH TO CONTINUE!

END OF!

Current regime or American regime on 23:50 - Jan 30 with 1190 viewsParlay

Current regime or American regime on 23:46 - Jan 30 by TNT

PARLAY HAS BEEN STOPPED IN HIS TRACKS!

HE DOES NOT WISH TO CONTINUE!

END OF!

Huh?

Doesn't wish to continue what? What is the point in creating a topic if your intention is to troll it?

I addressed every one of your points. If you can respond go ahead. If you cant then just say so, you dont have to explode into a fit of trolling.

Try it

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Current regime or American regime on 23:52 - Jan 30 with 1187 viewsperchrockjack

There is a limit yo any debate.

It's like blotting paper.

Remember that.

Ink wells, fountain pens, nibs, spanking, warm milk at break time, spanking, home time, jelly and blancmange and a hammering when dad got home

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Current regime or American regime on 23:54 - Jan 30 with 1176 viewsParlay

Current regime or American regime on 23:52 - Jan 30 by perchrockjack

There is a limit yo any debate.

It's like blotting paper.

Remember that.

Ink wells, fountain pens, nibs, spanking, warm milk at break time, spanking, home time, jelly and blancmange and a hammering when dad got home

Christ you are off again are you

Forum celebrity

Current regime or American regime on 23:57 - Jan 30 with 1170 viewsperchrockjack

Just to wish you a peaceful night .

Try not to take the Lord s name in vain..

Wrap up warm too

Current regime or American regime on 23:59 - Jan 30 with 1166 viewsParlay

Current regime or American regime on 23:57 - Jan 30 by perchrockjack

Just to wish you a peaceful night .

Try not to take the Lord s name in vain..

Wrap up warm too

Christ is a title, not a name. It is short for Christos, which means "anointed one" I believe.

Easy mistake to make.

Night.

Forum celebrity

Current regime or American regime on 00:01 - Jan 31 with 1165 viewsperchrockjack

Fair play son, i m just lost for words.

Current regime or American regime on 00:02 - Jan 31 with 1160 viewsParlay

Current regime or American regime on 00:01 - Jan 31 by perchrockjack

Fair play son, i m just lost for words.

Im glad i could teach you.

Forum celebrity

Current regime or American regime on 01:15 - Jan 31 with 1119 viewsBobJack

Current regime or American regime on 00:02 - Jan 31 by Parlay

Im glad i could teach you.

Out of interest, what are the Americans bringing to Swansea City FC that Tony Petty didn't ?

Is there a guarantee that they won't won't sell off players on higher wages and bring in cheaper players ?

Any guarantee that they will not borrow money against SCFC as an asset?

Do they love the club more than Petty did ?

Any guarantees that they won't pocket the money from Premier league / Sky ?

I cannot see any benefit to fans or SCFC in selling part control to 3rd party, none at all.

To the directors, plenty of benefit £££££££££££££££££££££â‚¬t

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Current regime or American regime on 06:48 - Jan 31 with 1066 viewsApeShit

Terrible thread.
Current regime or American regime on 08:12 - Jan 31 with 1038 viewsjack247

Current regime or American regime on 22:58 - Jan 30 by TNT

Had American investors come in '78 or '02 and taken us on the journey we've experienced / enjoyed, people would be drooling USA!

Yet, it has been achieved by our own (flawed as it may be), and we don't pay it the same recognition.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 23:13]

Absolutely right. It's pretty obvious that the vast majority of fans (me included) don't want the Americans, or anyone else, anywhere near our club. The fact is we are (mainly) locally owned, with supporter representation on the board and prudent management on and off the pitch has got us to the stage where outsiders recognise us as a mid table Premier League club. Unless we are talking Abramovich style cash, then no invester is likely to be able to move us too far forward from that.

We don't have to look to far down the road to see an example of what can happen when someone with no attachment to the club comes in and things turn sour. Yes, they have been to Wembley and had a season in the sun, but if I was a Cardiff fan, with hindsight, I think I would honestly rather rewind 15 years and watch 'my' club (as opposed to Tans/Hammmams club) at Ninian Park in league 2. They all fawned over both of them at the time though, and we would have done the same. I remember fans seriously hoping Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones would bail us out at one point.

The position we are in now though, I don't see an investor improving, but I certainly see the potential for it to go tits up.
Current regime or American regime on 08:40 - Jan 31 with 1026 viewsParlay

It seems people put the board getting richer above the warfare of the club, never seen anything like it in all my days.

Forum celebrity

Current regime or American regime on 09:12 - Jan 31 with 1011 viewsbarry_island

I wonder if the council is worried about potential asset stripping / debt financing at one of the tenants of our community owned venue? Quite a few supporters vote in our local elections, hopefully this will be borne in mind when decisions are made.

Hopefully we'll stick with what we have. Our club should not be about personal fortunes, it's our club.

I strongly believe the recent malaise at our club has seeped down from the Boardroom taking their eye off the ball and zooming in on the balance sheet.

Let's not have a sequel funded by BBC Wales "From A Jack To A Joker".

Perhaps I'm wrong. Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Current regime or American regime on 13:57 - Jan 31 with 938 viewsNookiejack

The original shareholders are more passionate fans than us. They made their investment to save the club. I don't believe they went into this to make substantial return on their investment - but to save the club and be custodians of it. The great shame is how money corrupts and now the wheel has turned full circle - where they are going to handover the keys to our club to foreign businessmen - with no allegiance to the club. Richer 'Tony Petty's' and you can guarantee more ruthless venture capitalists. If you have no emotional connection to the club how do you put it before your own potential gain.

They are going to do exactly the thing they set out originally to stop.

Only two options in my view 1. They gift 30% to the Trust to give Trust 51% control (their shares would still be worth £30m to £50m) or for those shareholders that want the money 2. Conduct an IPO so that they get out but spread the shareholder base (only the shares of the shareholders than want to get out need to be included in the IPO - leaving Trust with largest shareholding.
Current regime or American regime on 14:07 - Jan 31 with 926 viewsParlay

Current regime or American regime on 13:57 - Jan 31 by Nookiejack

The original shareholders are more passionate fans than us. They made their investment to save the club. I don't believe they went into this to make substantial return on their investment - but to save the club and be custodians of it. The great shame is how money corrupts and now the wheel has turned full circle - where they are going to handover the keys to our club to foreign businessmen - with no allegiance to the club. Richer 'Tony Petty's' and you can guarantee more ruthless venture capitalists. If you have no emotional connection to the club how do you put it before your own potential gain.

They are going to do exactly the thing they set out originally to stop.

Only two options in my view 1. They gift 30% to the Trust to give Trust 51% control (their shares would still be worth £30m to £50m) or for those shareholders that want the money 2. Conduct an IPO so that they get out but spread the shareholder base (only the shares of the shareholders than want to get out need to be included in the IPO - leaving Trust with largest shareholding.

I disagree with your first point. If someone cannot afford a season ticket are they less passionate than someone that can? They simply were businessmen that were in the privileged position to be able to do it. It wasn't charity either 50k each to own a debt free football club is an incredible opportunity.

The rest of your post os spot on.

Forum celebrity

Current regime or American regime on 14:20 - Jan 31 with 905 viewsNookiejack

Current regime or American regime on 14:07 - Jan 31 by Parlay

I disagree with your first point. If someone cannot afford a season ticket are they less passionate than someone that can? They simply were businessmen that were in the privileged position to be able to do it. It wasn't charity either 50k each to own a debt free football club is an incredible opportunity.

The rest of your post os spot on.

Yes agree with your point that passion is not about how much money you have got. I do think though that listening to Huw Jenkins at Trust fans forums of how passionate he is about the club. Much more than I am and don't think it is rhetoric. I can't believe he wants to sell the club short. I think it must be difficult for him in the fact that his friends/business partners that he has gone on this journey with - want out.
Current regime or American regime on 14:36 - Jan 31 with 885 viewsmarchamjack

Not sure how anyone can want the US regime when we know nothing about them in terms of possibly coming to run the club (beyond a not vey encouraging insight into Moores that's been cited on here) compared to the current board we know and what they've done for the club

What I think the current board should do is to come out and say they are cashing in now (as it is what they're doing and to an extent, most of us would do the same), but that as far as they can, they will doo all they can to structure the deal and safeguard the club best they can going forwards. That may end up not being possible or something they try for but fail, but I think most of us then would at least feel they are doing all they can to look after our club and not just leaving it open (as it seems from the outside so far) to become a hostage to fortune.

Bit more PR needed by them and a lot more thought for us fans. I don't know what the absolute answer is or can be, but I can say for now that that uncomfortable feeling is gnawing away and we're probably at a point where the fans and the club are about as distant as we have been since the Petty days (nowhere near that to be fair, but you get the comparison). A real shame for me.

Interestingly, living up here in Oxon, about the first thing that people say to me who know I'm a Swans fan is - why are you lot selling up to Americans? You're the model for the rest of us, wish my club was like yours.

Says a lot.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024