Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone's leaving this site 00:07 - Jan 31 with 19870 viewsmarchamjack

What a load of rubbish that turned out to be...what a surprise

I think the recruiter(s) to the other site will just have to try harder

This post has been edited by an administrator

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Everyone's leaving this site on 00:21 - Jan 31 with 4500 viewsParlay

There have been mass sign ups over there in the last week, loads of prominent posters from here. You don't have to just have one site you post on but many many have left here in terms of this being their main football forum. Even Darren has a post count in three figures over there.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Everyone's leaving this site on 00:35 - Jan 31 with 4504 viewsmarchamjack

Everyone's leaving this site on 00:21 - Jan 31 by Parlay

There have been mass sign ups over there in the last week, loads of prominent posters from here. You don't have to just have one site you post on but many many have left here in terms of this being their main football forum. Even Darren has a post count in three figures over there.

landed

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Everyone's leaving this site on 06:53 - Jan 31 with 4379 viewsApeShit

Great thread this.
Everyone's leaving this site on 06:53 - Jan 31 with 4378 viewswetjack

Everyone's leaving this site on 00:21 - Jan 31 by Parlay

What I don't get is I had 3 PMs this week telling me abiout the site yet most on here have been well aware of it for years so it is nothing new

I actually find the forum wars quite sad, and even more so the people that participate in them, the vast volume of which appear to be over there.
The first thing you have had right for months is that you don't just have to have one site to post on, I would probably repeat it over there, the kids that run it may get it

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Everyone's leaving this site on 08:26 - Jan 31 with 4300 viewsphact0rri

But the original OP specifically states "LEAVING" which is what was implied by the other post. Unfortunately for other forums, some supporters don't have as much time as others so they'll pick the one with the most activity.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Everyone's leaving this site on 08:38 - Jan 31 with 4248 viewsParlay

Everyone's leaving this site on 06:53 - Jan 31 by wetjack

What I don't get is I had 3 PMs this week telling me abiout the site yet most on here have been well aware of it for years so it is nothing new

I actually find the forum wars quite sad, and even more so the people that participate in them, the vast volume of which appear to be over there.
The first thing you have had right for months is that you don't just have to have one site to post on, I would probably repeat it over there, the kids that run it may get it

There is no forum war, if there was i wouldn't be here too.

Many may be aware of the forum, but its clear others werent or they wouldn't have left or started using it this week. I have no idea about pm's.. Never send them.

Forum celebrity

Everyone's leaving this site on 08:47 - Jan 31 with 4274 viewsblaine_scfc

What other forum is there apart from this and the guest book?
Everyone's leaving this site on 08:51 - Jan 31 with 4226 viewsParlay

Thejackarmy.net

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone's leaving this site on 08:52 - Jan 31 with 4260 viewsDarran

Nobody's left here except for perhaps the one that got banned and the other one that seems to have a gay crush on him.
No names mentioned of course but they've both got the same name.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:03 - Jan 31 with 4229 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Everyone's leaving this site on 08:52 - Jan 31 by Darran

Nobody's left here except for perhaps the one that got banned and the other one that seems to have a gay crush on him.

Fair play, you love your homophobic insults don't you

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:09 - Jan 31 with 4212 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:10 - Jan 31 with 4176 viewsParlay

Everyone's leaving this site on 08:52 - Jan 31 by Darran

Nobody's left or nobody has left? Both completely different statements.

Forum celebrity

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:13 - Jan 31 with 4196 viewsonetimejack

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:03 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

He can get away with it see.

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:14 - Jan 31 with 4195 viewsJackfath

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:13 - Jan 31 by onetimejack

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:17 - Jan 31 with 4148 viewsParlay

He admitted racist homophobia on the other site, and the foreign poster came on that thread and told him exactly how upset it made him feel and was the reason he left. It was awful to read.

Forum celebrity

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:21 - Jan 31 with 4165 viewssixpenses

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:03 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

He's just hurting because when he went over there hoping to get a bit of the action he was given short shrift.

I am quite amazed at the number of new posters over there, many saying they are sick of this forum

Of course the Forums should be complimentary to each other but Darran seems to see any expansion in https://thejackarmy.net/ as some kind of threat to be crushed by his own personal wreaking ball style, which unfortunately for him will not be tolerated over there.
Everyone's leaving this site on 09:21 - Jan 31 with 4170 viewsDarran

That's because Phil and I are participating in some bum fun.

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:26 - Jan 31 with 4163 viewsbudegan

I swung by there recently for a look after the address was advertised on here by Parlay (who is clearly doing his best to unsettle things on here - fortunately to little avail).

The thread I fell upon began with a PS exile being welcomed into some sort of Jack message board utopia where nothing other than footballing matters are debated in a civilised, mature, and highly intelligent manner; however within a few posts - and in a quite stunning display of hypocrisy - the thread turned into a viciously nasty multi-pager of personal abuse towards PS and in particular some of its more prominent users.

It made me realise that social media will always bring out some of the very worst aspects of human nature, and the very people I often wish weren't allowed anywhere near a keyboard are the ones most likely to be using one.

I don't know a single Trust leader, and to my knowledge have never met one but - whilst I appreciate that nothing is ever black and white - I have nothing but thanks and respect for what they have done and continue to do for our club. Should someone have genuine umbrage with what's going on within the trust / club then why not get personally involved rather than take the cowardly option of mudslinging on a internet forum?

As for Planet Swans, for my money it's been a significantly better place to visit more recently, and life is just that much better when everyone plays a bit nicer.
Everyone's leaving this site on 09:27 - Jan 31 with 4156 viewsJackfath

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:26 - Jan 31 by budegan

I swung by there recently for a look after the address was advertised on here by Parlay (who is clearly doing his best to unsettle things on here - fortunately to little avail).

The thread I fell upon began with a PS exile being welcomed into some sort of Jack message board utopia where nothing other than footballing matters are debated in a civilised, mature, and highly intelligent manner; however within a few posts - and in a quite stunning display of hypocrisy - the thread turned into a viciously nasty multi-pager of personal abuse towards PS and in particular some of its more prominent users.

It made me realise that social media will always bring out some of the very worst aspects of human nature, and the very people I often wish weren't allowed anywhere near a keyboard are the ones most likely to be using one.

I don't know a single Trust leader, and to my knowledge have never met one but - whilst I appreciate that nothing is ever black and white - I have nothing but thanks and respect for what they have done and continue to do for our club. Should someone have genuine umbrage with what's going on within the trust / club then why not get personally involved rather than take the cowardly option of mudslinging on a internet forum?

As for Planet Swans, for my money it's been a significantly better place to visit more recently, and life is just that much better when everyone plays a bit nicer.

Well said my friend.

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:33 - Jan 31 with 4146 viewsDarran

Well said my friend it's lovely on here.

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:37 - Jan 31 with 4102 viewsParlay

In what possible way am i trying to unsettle anything? By saying there is another site? Jesus doesnt take much then does it.

What you have described in one single thread is what goes on here in almost every thread. The hypocrisy is astounding. Thats like someone from the Sahara Desert insulting Wales as being too hot because of a Sauna in Carmarthen he visited. What you experienced in one thread is rife over here.

It is your view that planetswans is better and more power to you, you are not being urged to leave and in fact I haven't either. I use both.

A bit more decorum from you would be appreciated rather than the cowardly mudslinging and insinuation you have hypocritically suggested is below the belt in your very own post. What was that about playing nice?

Come on now, some need to grow up a bit and not get so offended that there is another forum. So what?

Forum celebrity

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 4112 viewsonetimejack

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:21 - Jan 31 by Darran

That's because Phil and I are participating in some bum fun.

I bet there is an untold amount of fun in a bum the size of yours

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:47 - Jan 31 with 4105 viewsJackfath

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:46 - Jan 31 by onetimejack

I bet there is an untold amount of fun in a bum the size of yours

What an odd thing to say on an internet forum.

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:47 - Jan 31 with 4101 viewssixpenses

Everyone's leaving this site on 09:17 - Jan 31 by Parlay

He admitted racist homophobia on the other site, and the foreign poster came on that thread and told him exactly how upset it made him feel and was the reason he left. It was awful to read.

Awful indeed - 2 excellent posters (and far from the only ones) - systematically racially and homophobically abused for fun by Darran when he was controlling mod on this site. Which they continually tolerated with dignity and good humour until enough was enough.

Worse than such shocking behaviour by an individual was the shame of the website allowing a mod to repeatedly behave in this manner despite the abuse being reported and openly complained about by other posters

This gives a very poor impression of our fine club, more especially given the important official role of this website's owner.

Certainly our loss all round

KICK IT OUT
Everyone's leaving this site on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 4100 viewsJackfath

I dont understand why people keep on posting about it given that they find it all so awful.

If indeed it ever did happen, of course.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024