Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window 10:59 - Jan 31 with 2601 viewsshandyjack

Successfull or not,
has the loss of Bony been dampened somewhat by the improvement of 2 positions many fans felt needed strengthening?
For me so far i'd give the window a 7/10. Hopefully we can get 1 more in before monday, 2 if Gomis(or his agent/other clubs) forces our hand

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfer Window on 11:16 - Jan 31 with 2084 viewsmax936

8,1/2 to 9/10 for the fact we've brought in a DM and a quality one for little money by Premier League standards is cracking business, I don't know a lot about Kyle Naughton, but he's been on the clubs wish list for a good while, so it suggests he could be a good signing and young Matt Grimes is an exciting prospect, another option at left back would be great, but its been a good window for me.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 11:18]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Window on 12:08 - Jan 31 with 2011 viewsSTEVE1

Transfer Window on 11:16 - Jan 31 by max936

8,1/2 to 9/10 for the fact we've brought in a DM and a quality one for little money by Premier League standards is cracking business, I don't know a lot about Kyle Naughton, but he's been on the clubs wish list for a good while, so it suggests he could be a good signing and young Matt Grimes is an exciting prospect, another option at left back would be great, but its been a good window for me.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 11:18]

I have been crying out for about a year the lack of depth at full back and defensive midfield finally we have added quailty to those area's to such an extent you would expect both players brought in to start.I wonder if the defeats recently end up being a blessing in disguise as it finally convinced us to add to those area's
Transfer Window on 13:42 - Jan 31 with 1937 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis out and a quality striker on loan until the end of the season and I would give it 10/10.
Transfer Window on 14:01 - Jan 31 with 1901 viewsmax936

Transfer Window on 13:42 - Jan 31 by Whiterockin

Gomis out and a quality striker on loan until the end of the season and I would give it 10/10.

I'd like to give Gomis a bit more time, to see if he can get his head down and produce what he's capable of, I think if he was going he would have gone by now as there doesn't seem to be any clubs knocking the door down to sign him, although Im sure if there is anything going on the club will have it covered, well they should have learnt after the Danny Graham debacle anyway.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 14:03]

Transfer Window on 14:03 - Jan 31 with 1895 viewsSwan91

I would say 8/10. British players with premier league experience for relatively low prices is what we need. This means instead of needing months to get used to the way the premier league is, they should be able to slot right in.

Our overall squad looks amazing right now once Ki comes back and gylfi (and injuries come back). Now let's just hope that Gomis comes good for us.
Transfer Window on 14:14 - Jan 31 with 1869 viewsJackanapes

"well they should have learnt after the Danny Graham debacle anyway."

The debacle where we conned Sunderland out of £5m for a fat lush?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Transfer Window on 15:24 - Jan 31 with 1788 viewsWhiterockin

Transfer Window on 14:14 - Jan 31 by Jackanapes

And had no back up.
Transfer Window on 15:32 - Jan 31 with 1767 viewsperchrockjack

Gomis was truly shyte last week but the whole team were.

It might be the case it was a one off as I don't think he s been that bad to date.

I think Monk will keep him until the summer and hope he gets his head down.

If he wants a bigger better club , he ll have to perform.

I d wager we ll also keep Taylor until summer then spend big money on quality so yeah, for a coward Monk seems to be doing ok

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window on 15:36 - Jan 31 with 1766 viewsJackanapes

Transfer Window on 15:24 - Jan 31 by Whiterockin

And had no back up.

Sorry, you are right. Losing Danny Graham was a devastating blow from which we have yet to recover. We might have stayed up if we hadnt got rid of him.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 15:37]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Transfer Window on 16:14 - Jan 31 with 1715 viewssixpenses

Why the need to insult players that have been decent for us.

Danny was also really important in keeping us in the COC, The whole feel of the game changed when he came on against Crawley.

And if he was so poor what does that say about us who he came back and scored against

He is not the only player not to do a lot when leaving here and that includes the amazing Leon.

I am not saying it was the wrong decision, but it did leave us without cover.

Did he ever get a COC medal? He certainly deserved it.
Transfer Window on 16:45 - Jan 31 with 1668 viewsmax936

Well there is that, but my point is that it left us without a striker, but we did have Michu who wasn't/isn't a striker, but we flogged him to death
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 16:47]

Transfer Window on 16:55 - Jan 31 with 1627 viewsjack247

Losing Bony was inevitable (although I think we sold him well below his market value) and I would rather it happen when we have 30 points in January, than when we are starting from scratch in August.

I am glad we strengthened 2 of our 3 weaker positions and look likely to bring in a left back as well. I guess the board anticipated Bony going in the summer, as that would explain signing a benchwarmer on massive wages and not addressing weaknesses at CM, LB and RB.

I'm also pleased as I had a nagging feeling we rushed the Bony sale through to fund the stadium. Maybe we still are, but at least we have allocated some resources to improving the squad.
Transfer Window on 17:00 - Jan 31 with 1616 viewssixpenses

Transfer Window on 16:45 - Jan 31 by max936

Well there is that, but my point is that it left us without a striker, but we did have Michu who wasn't/isn't a striker, but we flogged him to death
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 16:47]

Imagine if Michu had been a striker

Little choice but to play him, even when Bony came, who without preseason and with fitness issues was scarcely scoring in the PL. Of course like Bony he always wanted to be on the pitch.

Like Siggy at the moment who we have been playing injured. Honestly think he needed the break that the Red will give him, even though it would have been hard not to play him otherwise.
Transfer Window on 17:04 - Jan 31 with 1607 viewsDarran

Transfer Window on 17:00 - Jan 31 by sixpenses

Imagine if Michu had been a striker

Little choice but to play him, even when Bony came, who without preseason and with fitness issues was scarcely scoring in the PL. Of course like Bony he always wanted to be on the pitch.

Like Siggy at the moment who we have been playing injured. Honestly think he needed the break that the Red will give him, even though it would have been hard not to play him otherwise.

Whether Bony had a pre-season or not that pr*ck Laudrup still wasn't picking him in November. FACT.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Transfer Window on 17:16 - Jan 31 with 1583 viewskarnataka

Transfer Window on 12:08 - Jan 31 by STEVE1

I have been crying out for about a year the lack of depth at full back and defensive midfield finally we have added quailty to those area's to such an extent you would expect both players brought in to start.I wonder if the defeats recently end up being a blessing in disguise as it finally convinced us to add to those area's

That's a good point about our stuttering form of late possibly being a catalyst. I don't think Huw likes to do business in the January window but our activity this time around would certainly suggest that recent form has been the sharp prod in the ribs he may have needed to pull his finger out.
Transfer Window on 17:42 - Jan 31 with 1537 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Window on 17:16 - Jan 31 by karnataka

That's a good point about our stuttering form of late possibly being a catalyst. I don't think Huw likes to do business in the January window but our activity this time around would certainly suggest that recent form has been the sharp prod in the ribs he may have needed to pull his finger out.

I think we also may have given up on Shelvey or at least covering our bets. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get Carroll too then unload Shelvey in the summer.

I reckon Cork was just opportunist in the timing. we've been after him for a while so price and availability was irresistible.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Window on 17:47 - Jan 31 with 1526 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'd like us to get a striker in. The one we've got appears to be defective. I don't think we will though.

Poll: Tory leader

Transfer Window on 17:57 - Jan 31 with 1497 viewslibertine

No wonder they don't like doing business in January, they sold our brilliant striker off for sill money, it doesn't make any sense at all. Man city are the richest club in the league (probably) ,

They obviously wanted him or they wouldn't have paid the money at all, I huge huge mistake. I don't know who puts these ridiculous clauses into the contracts we should have got a better deal initially, who actually negotiated the deal for us 19m is stupid if you've just bought him for 14m.

What could we have done with the extra 10M its a hell of a lot of money. Add ons are BS aswell.

Before getting rid of Bony we should have got a replacement in, or at least a deal ready.

Then we would be in a great position of having relative safety in the PL and having time with a new striker to get him up to speed.

Instead we've got someone who clearly doesn't want to be here sulking around the field when someone takes the ball of him.

However we've really strengthened in defence/midfield which was a big problem of ours so that's a plus, bony was a big part of our defence aswell there was always the fear that he was lurking.

If we were at 10/10 before were now at 7/10
Transfer Window on 18:42 - Jan 31 with 1440 viewsjack247

Transfer Window on 17:57 - Jan 31 by libertine

No wonder they don't like doing business in January, they sold our brilliant striker off for sill money, it doesn't make any sense at all. Man city are the richest club in the league (probably) ,

They obviously wanted him or they wouldn't have paid the money at all, I huge huge mistake. I don't know who puts these ridiculous clauses into the contracts we should have got a better deal initially, who actually negotiated the deal for us 19m is stupid if you've just bought him for 14m.

What could we have done with the extra 10M its a hell of a lot of money. Add ons are BS aswell.

Before getting rid of Bony we should have got a replacement in, or at least a deal ready.

Then we would be in a great position of having relative safety in the PL and having time with a new striker to get him up to speed.

Instead we've got someone who clearly doesn't want to be here sulking around the field when someone takes the ball of him.

However we've really strengthened in defence/midfield which was a big problem of ours so that's a plus, bony was a big part of our defence aswell there was always the fear that he was lurking.

If we were at 10/10 before were now at 7/10

Pretty much bang on. We apparently did the same thing with Gomis and the release clause is less than his signing on fee. I guess we may be selling ourselves as a stepping stone to players who think they are/will be good enough to move on to a top team and players/agents are insisting on release clauses to sign for us.

In terms of incoming transfers, I think we have done very well. 2 players that will probably be first team regulars before too long, Oliviera, who looks a decent option from the bench and a relatively cheap gamble on a lower league wonderkid. A solid left back now and I'll be happy.
Transfer Window on 18:44 - Jan 31 with 1434 viewsbkjack

10/10 if we can get a striker in
Transfer Window on 19:01 - Jan 31 with 1414 viewsairedale

Transfer Window on 15:32 - Jan 31 by perchrockjack

Gomis was truly shyte last week but the whole team were.

It might be the case it was a one off as I don't think he s been that bad to date.

I think Monk will keep him until the summer and hope he gets his head down.

If he wants a bigger better club , he ll have to perform.

I d wager we ll also keep Taylor until summer then spend big money on quality so yeah, for a coward Monk seems to be doing ok

Yep, I agree. Who knows what will happen to Gomis in between now and the middle of May?

Also, Taylor, I don't think that we'd get anyone in particular significantly better than him within our financial constraints.
Transfer Window on 19:38 - Jan 31 with 1371 viewslibertine

Transfer Window on 18:42 - Jan 31 by jack247

Pretty much bang on. We apparently did the same thing with Gomis and the release clause is less than his signing on fee. I guess we may be selling ourselves as a stepping stone to players who think they are/will be good enough to move on to a top team and players/agents are insisting on release clauses to sign for us.

In terms of incoming transfers, I think we have done very well. 2 players that will probably be first team regulars before too long, Oliviera, who looks a decent option from the bench and a relatively cheap gamble on a lower league wonderkid. A solid left back now and I'll be happy.

agreed.

if we are going to be a selling club which is fine, then we should be protecting ourselves with better clauses, you could almost see it like we are getting the players up to PL speed and then selling them on which is a big gamble as they might not get up to that standard.

What would have happened if Bony had not paid of? It wasn't a certainty yet we allowed a naïve clause to be put in place. Especially considering West Ham claim they could have got him for 8M. Why on earth did we pay 6M more?

saying that West ham must be truly gutted:)

Somebody is not doing their job.
Transfer Window on 19:44 - Jan 31 with 1354 viewsdgt73

DG did very well for us and can't understand Swans fans who give him abuse. Very strange indeed.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Transfer Window on 19:53 - Jan 31 with 1335 viewsjack247

Transfer Window on 19:44 - Jan 31 by dgt73

DG did very well for us and can't understand Swans fans who give him abuse. Very strange indeed.

Yes he did, he just couldn't gel with Michu and to be fair, there was only going to be one winner there.

The £5m looks good business, because we stayed up comfortably and won the cup, combined with the fact that he has been a flop everywhere he has been since leaving us. It was a hell of a gamble at the time, but it paid off.
Transfer Window on 21:35 - Jan 31 with 1253 viewsGixerJack

Transfer Window on 19:44 - Jan 31 by dgt73

The one goal he's scored since leaving was against us.... If memory serves he didn't celebrate.... He'd probably forgotten how
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024